Limbaugh Law's ( interestingish)

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
Limbaugh Laws. Here they are. First, if you immigrate to the United States of America, you must speak the native language. You have to be a professional or an investor. We are not going to take unskilled workers. You will not be allowed. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no special ballots for elections, no government business will be conducted in your native language. Foreigners will not have the right to vote, I don't care how long they are here, nor will they ever be allowed to hold political office. According to the Limbaugh Laws, if you're in our country, you cannot be a burden to taxpayers. You are not entitled, ever, to welfare, to food stamps, or other government goodies. You can come if you invest here, but it must be an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage. If you don't know have that amount of money, you can't come and invest. You have to stay home. If you do come and you want to buy land, okay, but we're going to restrict your options. You will not be allowed to buy waterfront property in the United States. That will be reserved for citizens naturally born in this country.

In fact, as a foreigner, you must relinquish individual rights to property. These are the Limbaugh Laws. Another thing. You don't have the right to protest when you come here. You're allowed no demonstrations, you cannot wave a foreign flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our president or his policies, or you get sent home. You're a foreigner. You shut your mouth or you get out, and if you come here illegally, you go straight to jail and we're going to hunt you down 'til we find you.

I can imagine many of you think that the Limbaugh Laws are pretty harsh. I imagine today some of you probably are going, "Yeah! Yeah!" Well, let me tell you this, folks. Every one of the laws I just mentioned are actual laws of Mexico, today. I just read you Mexican immigration law. That's how the Mexican government handles immigrants to their country. Yet Mexicans and others come here illegally, they protest in our streets, they get on our welfare program, and we have members of the United States Senate, both parties, doing handstands and back flips, going through every contortion possible to allow it to continue so that it doesn't make these people mad, resulting in votes against these linguini-spined populations.

This is more than a double standard. It is an indication of just how gutless people in charge in this country are to protect the identity of this country. They don't care about border security, I know the ports deal notwithstanding, they're not doing a thing to shore up the border, because that might make somebody mad. It's a good thing there are a whole lot of Arab voters in this country or the port deal would have gone through, too.

Sooty

Banned
Awards
Well, america is the land of the free... we cant complain about our own policy. if Mexico wants to be that way, let them.

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Vincente Fox is unintentionally hilarious so these laws don't surprise me one bit.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
We are not going to take unskilled workers.

Isn't this one of the main reasons people on both sides of the aisle value immigration? B/C they'll do the jobs no one else wants. This can definitely be a negative, b/c it can drive wages below what an American would accept, but how much do you think your steakk at the Outback would run you if the kitchen were run by Americans?

There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools
I'm a teacher, and not a proponent of bilingual ed. as it just reaffirms isolation, but it is interesting that the first bilingual ed. programs were in German, and this was not a controversial issue until WWI. Again, it came back in Florida during the Exodus from Cuba, when wealthier Cubans were welcomed. Once unsavory Cubans began to arrive, the program met widespread decrial.

Foreigners will not have the right to vote, I don't care how long they are here,
So I guess this means that my dad should have his right to vote revoked, despite the fact that he risked his life for this country, and bears the scars to prove it. And he shouldn't have a voice, despite the fact that through sheer hard work he pays a fortune in taxes on an income well into the 6 figure range, while doing quality work with the highest standards of ethics with regards to pricing, something that cannot be said for many of his American counterparts.

According to the Limbaugh Laws, if you're in our country, you cannot be a burden to taxpayers. You are not entitled, ever, to welfare, to food stamps, or other government goodies.
I agree
n fact, as a foreigner, you must relinquish individual rights to property.
Is Limbaugh shooting for a semblance to slavery or imprisonment here?

Every one of the laws I just mentioned are actual laws of Mexico, today. I just read you Mexican immigration law. That's how the Mexican government handles immigrants to their country.
So we want to be as backwards and ****ed up as the government of a country that just emerged from 100 years of "el dedazo", each president hand picking his successor? We want our governmental structure to mirror that of a nation that people risk their lives to depart from?

And I have to call bull**** on the waterfront property issue. Think of all the waterfront vacation destinations in Mexico. Yeah, none of those places are owned by foreigners :rolleyes: The real owners aren't the Hilton's, but the Eel-tones :toofunny:

So how does Limbaugh's wisdom trickle down to the offspring of the immigrants? I suppose Limbaugh is descended from the Cherokee, or some other tribe. No one in his family could have ever immigrated, right? What is the difference? Skin color? Language? I guess no Italian Americans should be able to hold office either...

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
maaan, you ook this very far lol.. he was just trying to make fun of the mexican laws, while there are millions of mexicans wanting to work here.. and if you wanted to go to mexico it is harder yada yada and mexico is pissed off that we want to make it hard to come here.. sheeesh!

Spartan117

Awards
I don't suppose anyone has ever called Limbaugh an idiot?

brogers

Awards
  • Established
Beowulf did you even read the 2nd paragraph? You can direct your criticism of Rush's "laws" to the Mexican government. All he was doing was illustrating the absolutely ridiculous double standard that exists.

As for you Spartan, thanks for giving us possibly the most retarded comment ever. What public figure (or even regular person) hasn't been called an idiot by someone (right or wrong)?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Beowulf did you even read the 2nd paragraph? You can direct your criticism of Rush's "laws" to the Mexican government. All he was doing was illustrating the absolutely ridiculous double standard that exists.
When you just read something it can be harder to pick up on the tone. Did he mean this as a joke? Or did he intend to convey an attitude of "if you do it to us, we'll do it to you."

Mexico has had dozens of leaders were absolute idiots. Their system is a wreck, which is why I said it would be ironic if we were to start basing our policy on theirs. We are supposed to be the innovators in governmental progress (though I don't think we can make that claim anymore).

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
When you just read something it can be harder to pick up on the tone. Did he mean this as a joke? Or did he intend to convey an attitude of "if you do it to us, we'll do it to you."

Mexico has had dozens of leaders were absolute idiots. Their system is a wreck, which is why I said it would be ironic if we were to start basing our policy on theirs. We are supposed to be the innovators in governmental progress (though I don't think we can make that claim anymore).
I think the overall tone was 'stop complaining,' especially aimed at the illegals who come here and then demand "better treatement" from our government while parading up and down US city streets waving the Mexican flag.

Personally one thing that makes me side with extreme right wingers on this is the rhetorical BS from the left. I use some drugs which are illegal. I'm not an undocumented recreational drug user. I am, for all intents and purposes, at various times engaged in criminal activity. Now I do disagree with those laws but I don't BS myself that I'm somehow not breaking the law. I've heard too many people, mostly lefties and illegals themselves, try to get the word illegal out of the debate, and that's plain BS. They're here illegally, period. They may be, just like me, otherwise law abiding, but they are still breaking the law. That their actions are illegal is extremely relevant to the debate. The law isn't a mushy, buttery tool. It's backed up with a gun, key to the debate is whether or not the law is justified relative to the eventual force that will be used to enforce it against anyone who actively resists.

I especially hate the repeated attempts to get rid of the word illegal from this debate because of the people who have immgrated to this country legally, or who are attempting to do so legally, like several of my friends and my own mother. It isn't so hard to do things right, got to wonder why the hell more people can't do it that way. That's what pisses me off.

What scares me is the relative lack of protests against illegal immigration. It's scary when in this country you can find hundred of thousands of people ready to march for free **** and special treatment and relatively few people willing to march for doing the right thing and moderation.

To give them some credit at least these freaks are waving American flags now. Too bad it seems an exercise in political know-how instead of a statement of true loyalty for most of them.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I think the overall tone was 'stop complaining,'
Like I said, it is hard to infer tone based only on written words.

...get the word illegal out of the debate, and that's plain BS. They're here illegally, period. They may be, just like me, otherwise law abiding, but they are still breaking the law. That their actions are illegal is extremely relevant to the debate. The law isn't a mushy, buttery tool. It's backed up with a gun, key to the debate is whether or not the law is justified relative to the eventual force that will be used to enforce it
Interestingly, even Rush seems to have eliminated it from the debate, at least in this instance. If the floodgates would be open our nation would obviously regress decades.

It isn't so hard to do things right, got to wonder why the hell more people can't do it that way. That's what pisses me off.
You might be surprised at how difficult it is. It all depends on what country the person is coming from. My wife is from S.America (legally), and her brother wanted to come visit. He was denied a tourist visa. He was the head engineer on the construction of the building within which he was denied the visa. Do they really think he is going to stay here illegally to wash dishes or cut lawns? He makes a solid 6 figures in a developing country. He can live like royalty. He'd have to be crazy to move here. So if he had that much trouble, do you really think some orphan in Guadalajara has a chance in hell of getting here legally?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I think the overall tone was 'stop complaining,' especially aimed at the illegals who come here and then demand "better treatement" from our government while parading up and down US city streets waving the Mexican flag.

Personally one thing that makes me side with extreme right wingers on this is the rhetorical BS from the left. I use some drugs which are illegal. I'm not an undocumented recreational drug user. I am, for all intents and purposes, at various times engaged in criminal activity. Now I do disagree with those laws but I don't BS myself that I'm somehow not breaking the law. I've heard too many people, mostly lefties and illegals themselves, try to get the word illegal out of the debate, and that's plain BS. They're here illegally, period. They may be, just like me, otherwise law abiding, but they are still breaking the law. That their actions are illegal is extremely relevant to the debate. The law isn't a mushy, buttery tool. It's backed up with a gun, key to the debate is whether or not the law is justified relative to the eventual force that will be used to enforce it against anyone who actively resists.

I especially hate the repeated attempts to get rid of the word illegal from this debate because of the people who have immgrated to this country legally, or who are attempting to do so legally, like several of my friends and my own mother. It isn't so hard to do things right, got to wonder why the hell more people can't do it that way. That's what pisses me off.

What scares me is the relative lack of protests against illegal immigration. It's scary when in this country you can find hundred of thousands of people ready to march for free **** and special treatment and relatively few people willing to march for doing the right thing and moderation.

To give them some credit at least these freaks are waving American flags now. Too bad it seems an exercise in political know-how instead of a statement of true loyalty for most of them.
vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CDB again.

Spartan117

Awards
brogers, you ever heard of sarcasm? I'm sure you wouldn't have said anything had you agreed with the comment. There are alot of people that listen to him and that is the kind of crap that uneducated people or people too lazy to go find the facts for themselves will use to justify there views(right or wrong). I kind of think broadcasting stuff like that is irresponsible especially in such a one sided manner, and yes I have listened to him. The immigration issue is a big issue and I could care less what Mexican law says about immigration when we have our own problems.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I agree, Limbaugh is an entertainer, first and foremost--just like Al Franken. I hope no one actually looks to these guys for anything but entertainment.

Spartan117

Awards
I agree Beo, but over here in E. Texas, alot of these people look to him as the conservative gospel.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
That is friggin' hilarious. It looks like it is trying to say the Texas and Mexico are one (actually, they were). Funny thing is, almost every Latino I have met is Republican, often passionately.

Both parties are just trying to the Latino vote; the Republicans are doing a better job.

BTW, just because this is on the internet does not mean it is authentic ;)

Spartan117

Awards
Texas could always annex itself from the union and then conquer Mexico. Mexas could be the world's new super power. Just a thought:) People would travel from all over just to eat, it would be great.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Like I said, it is hard to infer tone based only on written words.
Granted, especially from someone like Rush.

You might be surprised at how difficult it is. It all depends on what country the person is coming from. My wife is from S.America (legally), and her brother wanted to come visit. He was denied a tourist visa. He was the head engineer on the construction of the building within which he was denied the visa. Do they really think he is going to stay here illegally to wash dishes or cut lawns? He makes a solid 6 figures in a developing country. He can live like royalty. He'd have to be crazy to move here. So if he had that much trouble, do you really think some orphan in Guadalajara has a chance in hell of getting here legally?
You'd be surprised. My friend from El Salvadorgot his citizenship in almost no time.

Perhaps Rush's point was stop complaining and have some perspective. We will either have a process for becoming a citizen or we won't, and people will abide by it or they won't. Those who don't are illegal, plain and simple. To let that go without punishment of any kind, including deportation, seems a defacto open borders policy in the worst sense and a slap in the face to every law abiding legal immigrant in this country. That's the bottom line issue no one wants to face, that illegals have broken the law and any "comprehensive plan" that lefties and the illegals will 'go along with' will have to excuse that to some degree if not totally. The problem there is it's not like overlooking a pot or shoplifting bust when they were young or fixing some parking tickets. Violation of immgration law, especially post 9/11, is something that should be taken seriously.

Sooty

Banned
Awards
Grr. did i get negative repped for just posting my opinion?!

Everyone else did the same thing and didnt get negative points...

jerk.. whoever you are

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established

jerk.. whoever you are
If it was red it just means the person who repped you has no power to rep you, doesn't mean it was negative. I made the same mistake a while ago.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established

jerk.. whoever you are
If it was red it just means the person who repped you has no power to rep you, doesn't mean it was negative. I made the same mistake a while ago.

Sooty

Banned
Awards
quoted from the comment "Genital Leprosy"

I would naturally assume that to be a negative comment....directed towards my genitals... Maybe the person didnt have the power, or maybe they did, but what they said wasnt nice!

Spartan117

Awards
Hey sooty, I didn't neg you, but I think your opinion is right. I mean if Rush had started comparing our economic policy to Mexico's would anybody care.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Hey sooty, I didn't neg you, but I think your opinion is right. I mean if Rush had started comparing our economic policy to Mexico's would anybody care.
They would if thousands of Mexicans who don't pay taxes and have no voting rights were parading up and down US streets waving Mexican flags and demanding we change our economic policies.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
They would if thousands of Mexicans who don't pay taxes and have no voting rights were parading up and down US streets waving Mexican flags and demanding we change our economic policies.
..but then who would work in our resturants?

Mexico's law is similar to many european countries. Ever try to get a job in the UK?...you need to prove that you are not only ultimately qualified, but that no UK citizen could perform the same job equally.
The USA allows for dual citizenship(Puerto Rico has the sweetest deal) and is very liberal with both worker and visitor visas.
The USA has always been pro labor. There always is a job, if you are willing to work, respective to the task at hand and wages paid. There were people who worked during the Great Depression. The military is always hiring! Even if you are not a citizen!(ever see Gangs of New York?)...You just have to get here! That is a big incentive... "get rich or die trying!" - What's more American than that? Despite shaky leadership "What a country!" I don't mind paying taxes to promote the infrastructure and security of this great country. I do not like to pay for someone not to work. The illlegal alien community is straight up competitive capitalism. The only ones who suffer are the less skilled lower end of the US labor market. This is nature of capitalism; the strong feed and the weak starve. Systems are created to curb the anarchy that would result from complete starvation, but its a fine balance of providing for the poor and protecting the tax payer from the starving masses. The purely socialist goverments of France and Italy are slowly turning over to this cruel democracy we call freedom. The Mexican situation is similar to the one faced by the California fruit pickers portrayed in John Stienbecks novel The Grapes of Wrath. The story is from the view of the laborers as protagonists and has a Christian overtone, but the struggle they face is the "American Dream's" dirty little secret. The message is compassion as the key to good will, and good will is the only way we can survive together.

There, I referenced Fiftycent, Yakoff Shmirnoff and John Stienbeck..ibid..hahaha

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
..but then who would work in our resturants?
Trained chimps.

Edit: That's not a joke. A guy I know who owned a Jazz club here had a chimp who he trained to beat eggs and mix batter. He ate some of it too, wasn't a perfect situation, but it was funny as hell.

Mexico's law is similar to many european countries. Ever try to get a job in the UK?...you need to prove that you are not only ultimately qualified, but that no UK citizen could perform the same job equally.
Screwed in grow lights in a Netherlands pot house for a summer once, but that wasn't a difficult job to get. Most of the people I know and all the business I've been involved with from the EU has been under the table.

The USA allows for dual citizenship(Puerto Rico has the sweetest deal) and is very liberal with both worker and visitor visas.
The USA has always been pro labor. There always is a job, if you are willing to work, respective to the task at hand and wages paid. There were people who worked during the Great Depression. The military is always hiring! Even if you are not a citizen!(ever see Gangs of New York?)...You just have to get here! That is a big incentive... "get rich or die trying!" - What's more American than that? Despite shaky leadership "What a country!" I don't mind paying taxes to promote the infrastructure and security of this great country. I do not like to pay for someone not to work. The illlegal alien community is straight up competitive capitalism. The only ones who suffer are the less skilled lower end of the US labor market This is nature of capitalism; the strong feed and the weak starve.
You may be a bit off here. Capitalism is why people don't starve. Basic value paradox, bread and diamonds. Why does something so essential as bread cost so little and diamonds so much? Because there's a ton of it, and the only reason there's a ton of it is because there's a profit in making it. Capitalism reduces scarcity. The reason both bread and diamonds exist are because people make marginal choices and the relative supply of either vs the demand helps determien the price. Some people are better off than others, yes. But the only people starving in a ture capitalist system would be the incompetent or the voluntarily indigent. Like you say, there's always work to do at a given price because scarcity is never truly alleviated for anyone. What stands in the way, more often than not, is the government.

Systems are created to curb the anarchy that would result from complete starvation, but its a fine balance of providing for the poor and protecting the tax payer from the starving masses. The purely socialist goverments of France and Italy are slowly turning over to this cruel democracy we call freedom. The Mexican situation is similar to the one faced by the California fruit pickers portrayed in John Stienbecks novel The Grapes of Wrath. The story is from the view of the laborers as protagonists and has a Christian overtone, but the struggle they face is the "American Dream's" dirty little secret. The message is compassion as the key to good will, and good will is the only way we can survive together.
Compassion in light of how many of the 9/11 attackers got here legally and then stayed illegally? As points I'd lay it out like this:

1) There is a legitimate security issue with uncontroled immgration that needs to be addressed. We need a standard and we need to adhere to it before someone detonates a dirty bomb or an atomic bomb, or takes another building or two and a few thousand Americans down again. We need to do this before another attack happens.

2) There is a legitimate security issue in protecting our culture. I often find foreigners fleeing bad situations in the end do not see the systemic problems that caused their misfortune at home, and if given voting rights would gladly run this country into the ground with the same nonsense policies as well, and then start marching into Canada or perhaps skiff it to Japan to demand "better treatment" from those governments. Their demands themselves reveal a fundamental flaw in their thinking, no matter how hard they work, that all good flows from the government and not the productivity of individual workers.

3) Pride. I'm no nationalist but I am getting a wee bit sick of people coming here and not assimilating at all. I've met second generation kids of immigrants that have the barest grasp of English and that's just ridiculous. I'm getting sick of the fact that I have to go through 8 buttons on an ATM to get an English display to pop up. I'm getting sick of people coming here illegally and demanding their kids get educated in our system, into which they haven't paid much if anything, and that they get educated in their native language, not ours. The sense of entitlement I get from foreigners, and I'm not talking Mexicans here because my family from Europe is worse, is scary. It's the wrong attitude, it's native equivalent is already driving this country into the ground and just letting a whole bunch of people with that attitude in is going to make things worse. More people whining for this or that product or service to be subsidized rather than working for themselves and buying it themselves is not what I think we need.

I love people who want to come here and make a better life for themselves and their kids. That is what this country was built on. But I do ask they sign the guest book on the way in and wait in an orderly line for security reasons. And as for people who want to come here have a better life for them and their kids handed to them, I honestly say stay away. That's not what this country is about and I do not want that to change. Ever.

Sooty

Banned
Awards
I have dual citizenship, so I know what life is like in the UK... its not as hard to get a job as you would think.. but im also 17.

In the scheme of things, I dont really care what the policy is as long as i can still work, lift, eat, and sleep!!!

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Egg beating chimps!!! oh my, another reason for Don King to say... " Only in America!"

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Egg beating chimps!!! oh my, another reason for Don King to say... " Only in America!"
Guess he figured flinging brownie mix is better than flinging turds. He never had him there during business hours, but off hours some weird **** when down in that kitchen. I'm talking 40lb omeletes made with filet mingon and top of the line pork and mozzarel.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Guess he figured flinging brownie mix is better than flinging turds. He never had him there during business hours, but off hours some weird **** when down in that kitchen. I'm talking 40lb omeletes made with filet mingon and top of the line pork and mozzarel.
It sounds like a perfect setting for an off beat quirky indie film...working title.."Jazz Monkeys" or "40 eggs and a Chimp"

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
The law isn't a mushy, buttery tool. It's backed up with a gun, key to the debate is whether or not the law is justified relative to the eventual force that will be used to enforce it against anyone who actively resists.
I have never heard it put so simply and exquisitely......Thanks CDB

Sooty

Banned
Awards
CDB your logic is so simple and complex that it makes my head hurt.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate the compliments, but I hate my ego and I believe in humility, hence my new avatar.

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
hehehehe:rofl:

Like raw live ones or cooked???? How's that working out for you?

hmmpff....all that talk about humility, then bragging about your unparalleled chupacabra abilities......

(for those who don't know....chupacabra means 'goat-sucker' in spanish)

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate the compliments, but I hate my ego and I believe in humility, hence my new avatar.
I hate my ego as well, but it can kick my ass. So I have to shut up and take it for now. Plus it knows some people... oh wait here it comes....act busy.