Limbaugh Law's ( interestingish)

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    They would if thousands of Mexicans who don't pay taxes and have no voting rights were parading up and down US streets waving Mexican flags and demanding we change our economic policies.
    ..but then who would work in our resturants?

    Mexico's law is similar to many european countries. Ever try to get a job in the UK?...you need to prove that you are not only ultimately qualified, but that no UK citizen could perform the same job equally.
    The USA allows for dual citizenship(Puerto Rico has the sweetest deal) and is very liberal with both worker and visitor visas.
    The USA has always been pro labor. There always is a job, if you are willing to work, respective to the task at hand and wages paid. There were people who worked during the Great Depression. The military is always hiring! Even if you are not a citizen!(ever see Gangs of New York?)...You just have to get here! That is a big incentive... "get rich or die trying!" - What's more American than that? Despite shaky leadership "What a country!" I don't mind paying taxes to promote the infrastructure and security of this great country. I do not like to pay for someone not to work. The illlegal alien community is straight up competitive capitalism. The only ones who suffer are the less skilled lower end of the US labor market. This is nature of capitalism; the strong feed and the weak starve. Systems are created to curb the anarchy that would result from complete starvation, but its a fine balance of providing for the poor and protecting the tax payer from the starving masses. The purely socialist goverments of France and Italy are slowly turning over to this cruel democracy we call freedom. The Mexican situation is similar to the one faced by the California fruit pickers portrayed in John Stienbecks novel The Grapes of Wrath. The story is from the view of the laborers as protagonists and has a Christian overtone, but the struggle they face is the "American Dream's" dirty little secret. The message is compassion as the key to good will, and good will is the only way we can survive together.

    There, I referenced Fiftycent, Yakoff Shmirnoff and John Stienbeck..ibid..hahaha


  2. Quote Originally Posted by anabolicrhino
    ..but then who would work in our resturants?
    Trained chimps.

    Edit: That's not a joke. A guy I know who owned a Jazz club here had a chimp who he trained to beat eggs and mix batter. He ate some of it too, wasn't a perfect situation, but it was funny as hell.

    Mexico's law is similar to many european countries. Ever try to get a job in the UK?...you need to prove that you are not only ultimately qualified, but that no UK citizen could perform the same job equally.
    Screwed in grow lights in a Netherlands pot house for a summer once, but that wasn't a difficult job to get. Most of the people I know and all the business I've been involved with from the EU has been under the table.

    The USA allows for dual citizenship(Puerto Rico has the sweetest deal) and is very liberal with both worker and visitor visas.
    The USA has always been pro labor. There always is a job, if you are willing to work, respective to the task at hand and wages paid. There were people who worked during the Great Depression. The military is always hiring! Even if you are not a citizen!(ever see Gangs of New York?)...You just have to get here! That is a big incentive... "get rich or die trying!" - What's more American than that? Despite shaky leadership "What a country!" I don't mind paying taxes to promote the infrastructure and security of this great country. I do not like to pay for someone not to work. The illlegal alien community is straight up competitive capitalism. The only ones who suffer are the less skilled lower end of the US labor market This is nature of capitalism; the strong feed and the weak starve.
    You may be a bit off here. Capitalism is why people don't starve. Basic value paradox, bread and diamonds. Why does something so essential as bread cost so little and diamonds so much? Because there's a ton of it, and the only reason there's a ton of it is because there's a profit in making it. Capitalism reduces scarcity. The reason both bread and diamonds exist are because people make marginal choices and the relative supply of either vs the demand helps determien the price. Some people are better off than others, yes. But the only people starving in a ture capitalist system would be the incompetent or the voluntarily indigent. Like you say, there's always work to do at a given price because scarcity is never truly alleviated for anyone. What stands in the way, more often than not, is the government.

    Systems are created to curb the anarchy that would result from complete starvation, but its a fine balance of providing for the poor and protecting the tax payer from the starving masses. The purely socialist goverments of France and Italy are slowly turning over to this cruel democracy we call freedom. The Mexican situation is similar to the one faced by the California fruit pickers portrayed in John Stienbecks novel The Grapes of Wrath. The story is from the view of the laborers as protagonists and has a Christian overtone, but the struggle they face is the "American Dream's" dirty little secret. The message is compassion as the key to good will, and good will is the only way we can survive together.
    Compassion in light of how many of the 9/11 attackers got here legally and then stayed illegally? As points I'd lay it out like this:

    1) There is a legitimate security issue with uncontroled immgration that needs to be addressed. We need a standard and we need to adhere to it before someone detonates a dirty bomb or an atomic bomb, or takes another building or two and a few thousand Americans down again. We need to do this before another attack happens.

    2) There is a legitimate security issue in protecting our culture. I often find foreigners fleeing bad situations in the end do not see the systemic problems that caused their misfortune at home, and if given voting rights would gladly run this country into the ground with the same nonsense policies as well, and then start marching into Canada or perhaps skiff it to Japan to demand "better treatment" from those governments. Their demands themselves reveal a fundamental flaw in their thinking, no matter how hard they work, that all good flows from the government and not the productivity of individual workers.

    3) Pride. I'm no nationalist but I am getting a wee bit sick of people coming here and not assimilating at all. I've met second generation kids of immigrants that have the barest grasp of English and that's just ridiculous. I'm getting sick of the fact that I have to go through 8 buttons on an ATM to get an English display to pop up. I'm getting sick of people coming here illegally and demanding their kids get educated in our system, into which they haven't paid much if anything, and that they get educated in their native language, not ours. The sense of entitlement I get from foreigners, and I'm not talking Mexicans here because my family from Europe is worse, is scary. It's the wrong attitude, it's native equivalent is already driving this country into the ground and just letting a whole bunch of people with that attitude in is going to make things worse. More people whining for this or that product or service to be subsidized rather than working for themselves and buying it themselves is not what I think we need.

    I love people who want to come here and make a better life for themselves and their kids. That is what this country was built on. But I do ask they sign the guest book on the way in and wait in an orderly line for security reasons. And as for people who want to come here have a better life for them and their kids handed to them, I honestly say stay away. That's not what this country is about and I do not want that to change. Ever.
    •   
       


  3. I have dual citizenship, so I know what life is like in the UK... its not as hard to get a job as you would think.. but im also 17.

    In the scheme of things, I dont really care what the policy is as long as i can still work, lift, eat, and sleep!!!
  4. Smile


    Egg beating chimps!!! oh my, another reason for Don King to say... " Only in America!"

  5. Quote Originally Posted by anabolicrhino
    Egg beating chimps!!! oh my, another reason for Don King to say... " Only in America!"
    Guess he figured flinging brownie mix is better than flinging turds. He never had him there during business hours, but off hours some weird **** when down in that kitchen. I'm talking 40lb omeletes made with filet mingon and top of the line pork and mozzarel.
    •   
       

  6. Smile


    Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    Guess he figured flinging brownie mix is better than flinging turds. He never had him there during business hours, but off hours some weird **** when down in that kitchen. I'm talking 40lb omeletes made with filet mingon and top of the line pork and mozzarel.
    It sounds like a perfect setting for an off beat quirky indie film...working title.."Jazz Monkeys" or "40 eggs and a Chimp"

  7. Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    The law isn't a mushy, buttery tool. It's backed up with a gun, key to the debate is whether or not the law is justified relative to the eventual force that will be used to enforce it against anyone who actively resists.
    I have never heard it put so simply and exquisitely......Thanks CDB

  8. CDB your logic is so simple and complex that it makes my head hurt.

  9. I appreciate the compliments, but I hate my ego and I believe in humility, hence my new avatar.

  10. amen rush!

  11. hehehehe

    Like raw live ones or cooked???? How's that working out for you?

    hmmpff....all that talk about humility, then bragging about your unparalleled chupacabra abilities......

    (for those who don't know....chupacabra means 'goat-sucker' in spanish)
  12. Smile


    Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    I appreciate the compliments, but I hate my ego and I believe in humility, hence my new avatar.
    I hate my ego as well, but it can kick my ass. So I have to shut up and take it for now. Plus it knows some people... oh wait here it comes....act busy.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by anabolicrhino
    I hate my ego as well, but it can kick my ass. So I have to shut up and take it for now. Plus it knows some people... oh wait here it comes....act busy.
    My ego is Joe Peschi.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. needle laws
    By corteztk1982 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 09:55 AM
  2. Canadian Steriod Laws
    By Bone in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-29-2005, 01:08 AM
  3. Rush Limbaugh defends Supplement Freedom
    By dsade in forum Supplements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 10:50 AM
  4. someone with knowledge of the law?
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-24-2003, 05:23 AM
  5. Law Suit- You Knew it Was Comin'
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-13-2003, 04:04 PM
Log in
Log in