Loving the "peaceful" immigration protests...

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    If anything can save this education system or at least stop it from turning to sludge, it'll be people like you. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks, I appreciate the support. There are lots of people like me, unfortunately the beaurocratic process gets in the way. I got called out in a meeting once for encouraging kids to bring healthy home made lunches

2. Very interesting thread, I agree with most statements said in here, this issue just makes me angry, this whole country is lately. Seriously our country needs to do something, people need to stop watching the ****ing tv and start fixing this country! When will people realize that THEY need to do something as well, not hope their next door neighbor will, but that both will together, nothing will get done if no one is willing to fight back. I believe in this case their should be protests against the protesters, let them see our side.
    •   

3. Where I work there are quite a few immigrants. Vietnamese, Thais, Indians, Polish, Russian ect... however like has been said they have come here either educated or got it here and now hold jobs that pay taxes ect... Some of the older guys are first generation immigrants that have been here 30-40 years and can`t believe what these people expect.

I went to Wawa to use the Mac machine not long ago and there are 4 languages to choose from(English-Spanish-Polish and I don`t know what else). Now I understand it`s business. But what kind of message does this send? My Irish ancesters didn`t come
    expecting America to bend to them. So why is it an excuse to say "Well your people were immigrants too."

4. It`s not the protests that bother me. It is the giv` me attitude of some.

Most of the Irish were probably to drunk to care(it`s a joke folks relax )

5. Hah I remember some Mexican immigrants in So Cal being interviewed when the US played Mexico in the World Cup in 2002, they all said they were cheering for Mexico, because they "are Mexicans first." It's that kind of attitude that really bothers me. They don't assimilate, and their loyalty lies to Mexico, not the United States. They even wave the Mexican flag in their protests, yeah great way to stir up support! What the hell are they thinking, and what the hell is there to be proud of, it was so bad that you broke the law to get out of there!

Not likely, but what if we had to go to war with Mexico, would you want these people living inside the country?
    •   

6. When these *******s start waving American flags at their protests I'll listen to them. When they explain why they deserve to just be let in to this country when other people who have bothered to do things like learn English, some US history and have bothered to assimilate a bit get to sit on their asses for years, I'll listen to them. When they can explain why they have some apparent God given right to US government handouts when they've never paid a penny into that system, I'll listen to them. Until then I'd like to see the water cannons broken out for some target practice on their "protests."

7. Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    When these *******s start waving American flags at their protests I'll listen to them. When they explain why they deserve to just be let in to this country when other people who have bothered to do things like learn English, some US history and have bothered to assimilate a bit get to sit on their asses for years, I'll listen to them. When they can explain why they have some apparent God given right to US government handouts when they've never paid a penny into that system, I'll listen to them. Until then I'd like to see the water cannons broken out for some target practice on their "protests."
    That's Racist! j/k CDB I agree completely. This isn't just for Hispanics, I take umbrage to people who believe that the government owes them something simply because of their race, economic class, etc. We don't mind you being a Mexican-American, African-American, Irish-American, etc. and melding into our culture while still maintaining your own. That's what this country was founded on, the freedom to express your culture. However, if you wish to remain a foreign national and wish to turn this country into your country of origin, that I take offence to. This isn't Mexico, Ireland, or any other country, this is the United States of America. I believe Merle Haggard said it best, "If you don't love it, leave it." These people deserve 1 giant .

8. Quote Originally Posted by UHCougar05
    That's Racist! j/k CDB I agree completely. This isn't just for Hispanics, I take umbrage to people who believe that the government owes them something simply because of their race, economic class, etc. We don't mind you being a Mexican-American, African-American, Irish-American, etc. and melding into our culture while still maintaining your own. That's what this country was founded on, the freedom to express your culture. However, if you wish to remain a foreign national and wish to turn this country into your country of origin, that I take offence to. This isn't Mexico, Ireland, or any other country, this is the United States of America. I believe Merle Haggard said it best, "If you don't love it, leave it." These people deserve 1 giant .
    That's what pisses me off. A lot of people take the international attitude towards the US which is basically "The US sucks ass, but give us money anyway while we ***** and moan about how horrible you are," and bring it here. I hate dealing with snotty ass, entitlement crazy foreigners when I'm in a foreign country, I'm doubly disinclined to deal with them in my own country.

And I don't want this country to turn into another France, where millions take to the street to protest against the fact that they actually have to work and be reasonably competent in their job in order to remain in their position. It sickens me that one day there might be thousands of dead soldiers from another country here on our soil who died protecting us because we were too busy being French and capitulating/submitting to domestic and international demands that went beyond reason. But we are heading that way.

9. We don't mind you being a Mexican-American, African-American, Irish-American
    I mind...IMO a person should be an American of (insert background here) descent...egg. An American of African descent That way you're american FIRST

10. VERY good point!

Here in Socal, it's getting so bad. My phone was broke last night, and I am standing in line at the Sprint store behind Illegal imigarants for 30 damn minutes...

Yup they both had Mexico flags on their hats...

11. Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    When these *******s start waving American flags at their protests I'll listen to them. When they explain why they deserve to just be let in to this country when other people who have bothered to do things like learn English, some US history and have bothered to assimilate a bit get to sit on their asses for years, I'll listen to them. When they can explain why they have some apparent God given right to US government handouts when they've never paid a penny into that system, I'll listen to them. Until then I'd like to see the water cannons broken out for some target practice on their "protests."
    water cannons

12. Quote Originally Posted by UHCougar05
    I believe Merle Haggard said it best, "If you don't love it, leave it." These people deserve 1 giant .
    "If that ain`t country I`ll kiss your ass!"

ummm.... sorry wrong guy... David Allen Coe my fault

13. Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    If your of Irish Descent, it's ok to joke 'em if they can't take a ****, the kind my Norwegian Viking ancestors put on the Emerald Isle.

IMO,These people are less collectively Gimme than our native Brothers and Sistas.
    Watch it don`t wanna get my Cherokee up! WOOO! WOOO! Yea Rogue GG mom was 100% from NC . Irish + Cherokee = alcoholic go figure

14. Over the passed few months - and weeks, especially (with all the "peaceful" protests), I've been really pissed about the whole situation. Now I'm realizing that there's nothing we can do. We have a government that doesn't listen to us any more. Either that, or there are far more Americans that feel differently than I/we..

It's only a matter of a few more generations and there will be no more America as we know it. I think I'd rather move to China than watch my country get eaten alive by aliens. I love this country but I can't stand to see it sink. I really do think I'm going to leave...

15. Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    I mind...IMO a person should be an American of (insert background here) descent...egg. An American of African descent That way you're american FIRST
    Kwycke, you bring up a very good point. People don't need to be hyphenated Americans. Just Americans will suffice. Then again people just can't seem to deal with just being American and not have to be a XYZ-American. Of course, being the good idea that it is, it will be completely ignored by the masses, sorry Kwycke.

Quote Originally Posted by EEmain
    "If that ain`t country I`ll kiss your ass!"

ummm.... sorry wrong guy... David Allen Coe my fault
    I'll let it slide this time. I like DAC too, so no harm done.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Zero Tolerance
    It's only a matter of a few more generations and there will be no more America as we know it. I think I'd rather move to China than watch my country get eaten alive by aliens. I love this country but I can't stand to see it sink. I really do think I'm going to leave...
    Your not alone. I've been looking at moving to Mexico, ironically enough. Gear is widely available, there's a healthy expatriot population right across the border there to blend in with as I get my Spanish back up to par. Of course the most ironic thing is that last sentence. Someone actually considering learning the native language of a country they might move to? Won't find any of that nonsense here in the US...

The government does listen, they just don't give a ****. Their interests are not in line with our interests because, I'm sad to say, our ancestors allowed the government to be sold out piece by piece so that now it doesn't matter who is in office. It's a virtual guarantee, Republican or Democrat, that it'll be a faithful adherent to the leviathan state ideology.

The choices at this point I think are move somewhere else or kill the *******s. But then, can't exactly do that either because the American citizens have been slowly but steadily allowing themselves to be disarmed. Sad to say but what we really need in this country is more violence, not against citizens but against the state. But instead people let themselves be hearded into "free speech zones," and searched with a rubber glove up their ass before they are allowed the great honor of speaking with the schmuck whose salary the citizens are actually paying with the sweat off their brows.

We've gone from owning the government to the government owning us. Instead of us holding them accountable for their actions, most people seem to think it's proper and right that the government hold us accountable for our actions, regardless of what those actions are. Sorry, that's the law. And unfortunately, it's all unavoidable, because most people just do not give a **** enough to change the situation because, in the end, their oxe hasn't been gored too badly, and if it has the government's got them so brainwashed they think they deserved it.

17. I wish we would all just get off of our asses - ALL of us - and smash these protestors to smitherines. A show of such raging hatred, gore and nauseating, animalistic violence - that nobody ever wants to come here and mix with us monsters. You know what I want at the f^(^n rally? I want chain saws, aluminum baseball bats, knives, guns - for everybody! Let the little illegals have weapons too. Because we should be outnumbering them 10,000 to one. I want there to be such a disgusting, dripping, bloody mess - that nobody ever forgets what happens when a government doesn't handle things and leaves it up to the people.

</rage>

18. Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    I'm not calling for violence against our rulers, this is a public forum.
    I am. **** them. Of course now that's one of the nice overlooked effects of new antiterror legislation. Violence against the US is considered terrorism, but violence against the US senate or congress for example, while I would not consider it the same thing, is basically the same thing under law. Anti terror laws don't just aim at terrorists, they deny every American the fundamental right this country was founded on, the right to rebelion, violent rebelion if necessary. Not anything new, Lincoln basically killed that right during the Civil War. But it keeps getting more and more entrenched into the law that the people who are actually willing and able to fight for their rights, which are supposedly protected, are the enemy.

19. Zero, you bring up a good point about violence. I normally don't favor violence but doing what you just said would either backfire real badly or work beautifully IMO. If you have 10,000 to 1 legal US citizens and legal immigrants vs. illegal immigrants get into a bloody confrontation then you'd have a ****load of people get arrested and the media would sympathize with the illegals OR the Fed Gov't would start getting worried and listen to us. However, if we don't do this and we give these illegal immigrants rights, and a pathway to citizenship then 2-3 decades from now we'll have a similar problem except that time it will be a lot more illegal immigrants to deal with and I hope to God it doesn't go that route because the **** will hit the fan by then since the government will be ****ing the people even more by then compared to today.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    Zero, we should all be focusing our outrage on the cause , not the effect, the Federal Government. There are dozens of choking weeds growing out of the rotten dirt of Washington.

I'm not calling for violence against our rulers, this is a public forum. I will say that the area around the Potomac River sleeps far more soundly than they would if there were a few million more Rogue instead of complacent and sellout Drones about.

Today it's bad, tommorow it will be a little worse, and when do Americans in sufficent numbers come together and draw the line, if not for themselves, for their children?

I do more than just ***** and moan on a forum, and what are y'all doing? What to do? Read Claire Wolfe for ideas. They have you in their grip, you better start wriggling out.

21. I must admit that I'm VERY concerned about the 100 thousand pro-illegal alien demonstrators that will be marching from the Phoenix fair grounds to the capitol on Monday.

Having experienced the L.A. Riots first hand, yes, I'm concerned. I've got plenty of canned goods, bottled water, etc, if things go south.

The only good news that I heard, is that the demonstrations in Texas today were peaceful.

-Tinytoad

P.S... yes, I've written my senators. One is right on, and the other is off in left field.

22. Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    We're mostly all on the same page, ready to fight for our rights and awaiting rebel leadership and/or a galvanizing incident or two to spark rebellion.

I'd rather see things like mass work stoppages than violence initally, but when it's time as Madison said "The tree of liberty must be periodically refreshed with the blood of tyrants and patriots", it will happen, there's as many people with combat skills on this side of the fence as there is on the Fascist side, that's the proper term, not the contemporary disguise term Neoconservatives.

The best thing that could happen soon, in the long run, would be a peaceful mass march that was shot on by the police and/or national guard to spark revolt, that short term shock would be preferable and more effective than the slow erosion state we're in. We're slowing being cooked in a pot, better to be nonfatally hit in the head and made aware of it before it's too late.

I was going to let you guys be the bad cop to my good cop, but **** it, I'm on the watchlists already anyway. I know it, they know I know it, interesting times these.
    You pumped me up RD, this reminds me of Thomas Paine's quote "These are the times that try men's souls" because where on a path of self destruction if we do nothing about, maybe we won't see the most damaging effects but our children will and if you have or plan to have kids then you better think about their future because a lot is at stake with this decision. If we let ~ 12 million illegal immigrants have their way we will give another 25 million illegal immigrants 2 decades from now their way as well.

23. Quote Originally Posted by TINYTOAD
    I must admit that I'm VERY concerned about the 100 thousand pro-illegal alien demonstrators that will be marching from the Phoenix fair grounds to the capitol on Monday.

Having experienced the L.A. Riots first hand, yes, I'm concerned. I've got plenty of canned goods, bottled water, etc, if things go south.

The only good news that I heard, is that the demonstrations in Texas today were peaceful.

-Tinytoad

P.S... yes, I've written my senators. One is right on, and the other is off in left field.
    Sure. That's what we "hear" and "read". The first post in this thread:

The news is ranting and raving about how the protests are so "peaceful", and how the illegal immigrants are going about this, etc.

Well, first hand my family experienced these 'peaceful' protests today. Down in Oceanside, Ca, there was a 'peaceful' protest (police assisted) of a few thousand people ranting viva Mexico, waving mexican flags, and you guessed it...yelling "**** you white people!".

24. Quote Originally Posted by Zero Tolerance
    Sure. That's what we "hear" and "read". The first post in this thread:
    As I understand it, the first protest that happened a few weeks back was full of angry Mexicans, waiving their Mexican flags, chanting in Mexican.
    It went over so poorly, that the organizers of this protest, made sure that there was an abundance of 4"x6" American flags for all the protesters today. They told them to refrain from bringing Mexican flags, and chanting in Mexican. I think the damage has been done. We know their true colors.
    Allegedly, on May 1st, it's "Mexicans stay home and don't go to work day."

I must admit, as a group, the Mexicans that I've known are hard workers, and value work above all. Many times, they value work above education.

I can understand their situation. My ancestors were migrant farm workers in Europe. My grandparents were born in Europe, but they came here legally. It just really concerns me that the illegal aliens sneak over the border, they know that they're doing something wrong, and yet they do it anyway. Equally disturbing, is that many business owners see "cheap labor" and hire them in a heartbeat. My neighbors hire illegals regularly for yard work. It's the new slavery. Hire "illegal" workers for unlawfull wages, and hang the whole illegal aspect it over their head, unless they comply... complaign, we'll turn you in!!
    It's a nasty situation, and there is no simple solution. I must admit that I don't have a solution for the problem either.

-Tinytoad

25. I don't hate Mexicans. I don't hate any race or group in particular. I believe there are good and bad of all kinds. But I bet I'm not alone with what I'm about to say. I am utterly sick and tired of what's been happening in this country. And when the Civil War begins, I'm going to foam from the mouth and kill and kill and kill as many of the enemy as I can. My only wish will be that I can survive long enough to make a difference. And when my time comes to die, I honestly believe I won't be thinking about death, but I'll be a bit envious that I couldn't live to see the outcome of the war...

I'm ready. Are you?

26. The funny thing about ALL of these damn posts against the government.. is that this **** has been said since the Government was concieved. All anyone does is ***** ***** *****.. instead of taking a good look at themselves.. instead just blame everything wrong with their life.. on the government... why not??? I mean it makes a good scapegoat.. and no one likes the entity that makes the rules... When growing up... your parents were the Gov. and you rebelled then.. why not now???

Who says anyone really grows up?

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

27. Well, its the peoples fault for allowing "our government" to turn into what it has, but at this point in time we don't have much power to change the government...its disgusting actually. We no longer have a peoples government, we have a governments sheeple.

28. Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    Well, its the peoples fault for allowing "our government" to turn into what it has, but at this point in time we don't have much power to change the government...its disgusting actually. We no longer have a peoples government, we have a governments sheeple.
    I can see what your saying (Hey you see that... someone taking what was said into consideration), but even when it was the "Peoples Government", the same *****ing went on.. since the the very begining of the Gov. Someone Somewhere felt they were being wronged... and spewed the same old gibberish. Our government is an ever evolving machine.. and it will ALWAYS change... you MUST remember... it is run by Human... and we all know the term Human Error was coined for a reason.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

29. I understand that, but I can't think of any other time where the will of the people was undermined to this extent by power-hungry politicians on the left and money-hungry politicians / religious whackos on the right. We've got an unholy alliance between enemies so that they can screw over the people who pay their salaries, the people whom they are suppose to represent. Its disgusting.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Gotta Love the Vitamine Shoppe
    By Giantz11 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-13-2006, 02:06 PM
  2. Gotta love the placebo effect!
    By fast89lx in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-06-2005, 02:33 AM
  3. I love the Bahamas........
    By FLY in forum Anabolics