Loving the "peaceful" immigration protests...

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. CDB
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by UHCougar05
    I was listening to the radio on the way to work a few days ago and they mentioned a survey that a good number of Americans viewed Mexicans as a honest, hard-working people. When the sides were changed, Mexicans viewed Americans as racists who wish to exploit Mexicans. They said, "I think we should do that. They already think we're doing that, might as well live up to their expectations."
    Exactly! I don't know that it would be so successful in domestic and international affairs, but on a personal level when someone you've been treating very well thinks you're an *******, behaving according to their expectations is an eye opener for them and very satisfying for you. Or me at the very least, when I've done such things. To girlfriends and exgirlfriends especially.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Another interesting thing about the people protesting is that they carry the Cesar Chavez flag with the united farmworkers eagle and they don't even know or care to acknowledge that Cesar Chavez was against illegal immigration because it would ultimately hurt the legal immigrant working class he fought to protect., what shame.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah, Ceasar was far too shrewd to be involved in a cluster hump like this.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    Another interesting thing about the people protesting is that they carry the Cesar Chavez flag with the united farmworkers eagle and they don't even know or care to acknowledge that Cesar Chavez was against illegal immigration because it would ultimately hurt the legal immigrant working class he fought to protect., what shame.
    Most likely they choose to ignore because the full truth might hurt their cause.Chavez was an icon of legal immigrant solidarity...emphasis on legal.If you brought this to their attention, then they might accuse Cesar Chavez of being a Tio Tomas because he is anti illegal immigrant and is "selling out" his people or some bs nonsense like that. Who knows?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Most likely they choose to ignore because the full truth might hurt their cause.Chavez was an icon of legal immigrant solidarity...emphasis on legal.If you brought this to their attention, then they might accuse Cesar Chavez of being a Tio Tomas because he is anti illegal immigrant and is "selling out" his people or some bs nonsense like that. Who knows?
    Yeah I thought about it but you'd probably hear about me on the news for being beaten at a "peaceful protest" LOL
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Not necessarily. I'm for totally open borders, but only once all property has been privatized. After all the door to my house is open to all in general, they just need to keep in mind I may be a "home defense" type of guy. In our current state of affairs it would take as big a government mechanism to close the borders as it would to keep them open, so the issue boils down to cultural protection and principle I think.
    Are you seriously for open boarders?
  7. Registered User
    Answers

In our current state of affairs it would take as big a government mechanism to close the borders as it would to keep them open, so the issue boils down to cultural protection and principle I think
    We would need to build a wall, totally overhaul INS( which should have been done after 9-11), have more boarder agents, use the national guard to back them up, give local law enforcing the power to arrest and detain people who are illegal, and go after companies that hire illegals. As it stands now if a patrol officers see a bunch of suspicious looking guys who can't speak English they can't do anything about it. There was a law enforcement official on the news talking about the MS-13 gangs that are bad in L.A. He sees people that are in the gang and have been deported but have come back in the country but there is nothing they do about it until they commit a crime.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Answers

The oceanside schoool districtcancelled school for the rest of the week...what a load of crap!

This is 4 miles north of my place...
  9. CDB
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
    Are you seriously for open boarders?
    If all property is privatized, yes. think about it, if all property is private the only way someone is coming over here is if they can secure a living of some kind or have been invited by someone else, or if they're planning of living in the streets. And by open of course I don't mean just come on in open, but learn our language, get a few vacinations and sit through a background check to make sure you're not a criminal or terrorist kind of open. If someone comes here and fails at building a life, commits a crime or whatever, deport them. If they manage to use their time productively, get a job etc., they're adding to our society and there's no reason to deny them entry.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I'm pretty pessimistic but I don't think it will go down quite like that. we're in for some troubling times in the next 5 years as gas prices will surge again, this will slow down the economy for awhile until technology and willpower finds new ways to boogey.

I feel that the unprecidented cushy lifestyle we have all been reared in is a great motivater for peace. Yes, there will be conflicts, riots et cetera but I think the collective will of billions of people trying to keep this cushy globalized lifestyle together will be a silent, but powerful force to be reckoned with.

There will always be dissidents, culture clashes and the like, but I believe firmly that the average joe just wants to live his life without the hardships of perpetual warfare...and there are no harder hardships than that.

but yeah, I could be wrong.
  11. CDB
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    How many of y'all would agree with my belief that the United States is just a sharp economic downturn away from serious unrest?
    I'm not as optimistic as Bio, because I don't think enough people know what gets them that cushy lifestyle to fight for or against the right or wrong ideas/people respectively. I don't like saying it, but the US will go down the tubes like every other nation eventually. I doubt it'll be soon, but I do think a sharp economic depression would stir up the beginings of the end.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    If ....
    LOL...Dude, we're all for open borders in a near-utopian society hehe

But as things are NOW...you still for open borders? (I'm not looking for a hypothetical, I wan't to know what you really think we should do AT THIS POINT)
  13. CDB
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    LOL...Dude, we're all for open borders in a near-utopian society hehe

But as things are NOW...you still for open borders? (I'm not looking for a hypothetical, I wan't to know what you really think we should do AT THIS POINT)
    Right now I'm for the deportation of every single illegal that can be spotted regardless of whether or not they've committed another crime. I'm for the denial of any and all federal funds to states that have sancutary cities. I'm for proof of citizenship before you get to benefit from any government aid whatsoever, and the denial of any and all privileges, such as driver's licenses, to illegals. I'm for significant fining and imprisoning of employers who hire illegals, and for the use of tear gas and other crowd control measures on all the pathetic peaceful demonstraters. I'm for an ammendment to the Constitution if necessary to establish English as the primary language of the US, and for routing the schools clean of politically correct and culturally sensitive BS and returning them to basics: reading writing, math and history. I'm leary of putting the National Guard on the borde.r Very quickly their role would shift from stopping illegal immigration to drug interdiction, and pretty soon after that the military would be polcing all Americans. Short answer for the borders is to build a wall, the Great Wall of Texas, and give the border patrol the manpower to properly patrol it and the authority to shoot first, ask questions never, at anyone who's caught trying to cross anywhere but a recognized entry point. Coast Guard should ge adequate funding to patrol the shores from Florida to the beginning of the wall, and also up the west coast far enough that rigged floating devices can't make it reliably.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

Just what I thought...I agree 10000000%
  15. Registered User
    Answers

offer them state hood. i love how the government is so fast to say.. OH THE PEOPLE DON'T WANT THE PORTS DEAL!!! and then they do something about it.. but more freaking people want people to come in via the ways of the law.. and we want them to do something about it.. and just like prop 187, and the effort to control these people back in the 80's will fail. It wont matter.. nor should it.. bush made katrina distroy NO and now the border jumpers are building it and will live there...

these people do not want to be americans.... this is where i dislike bush..

also.. if bush's idea goes through.. we do then position oursleves to control drilling etc of the new large oil find in the Gulf...

I have a feeling this is a cover for something though.. keep your eyes open to small print media and see if there is something "interesting" that is going on that will come through the back door.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

I'm for an ammendment to the Constitution if necessary to establish English as the primary language of the US, and for routing the schools clean of politically correct and culturally sensitive BS and returning them to basics: reading writing, math and history
    You forgot about health/phys ed and athletics in schools
  17. CDB
    Answers

You forgot about health/phys ed and athletics in schools
    It's something I considered, but left out. Looking at the government recommended diets and food pyramids over the years, not to mention it's something they should have thought of already and instead still have kids square dancing in gym and eating chips and soda in the cafeterias, I left it out. I just think they'd screw it up beyond belief.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

It's something I considered, but left out. Looking at the government recommended diets and food pyramids over the years, not to mention it's something they should have thought of already and instead still have kids square dancing in gym and eating chips and soda in the cafeterias, I left it out. I just think they'd screw it up beyond belief.
    Good points. Unfortunately, the state thinks it knows everything and therefore square dancing is considered essential. However, a teacher does not have to teach square dancing, the teacher has to meet the state standard requirements (at least in California it works this way) so instead of square dancing I teach swimming because it requires patterns and rhythm, which is what the standards dictate. My students are also exposed to fitness concepts in my class and they are mandated to get at least 30 minutes of moderate to intense physical activity. Best thing to do is complain to your state authorities.

Lastly, the school food is a tremendous issue, I always hear the lipservice of "we want healthy kids" but unfortunately, schools get a good chunk of money from junk food revenue. Best way to fight this is through educating parents and students, you'd be surprised at how many high school students don't know how to read food labels or know the difference between high GI carbs and low GI carbs.
  19. CDB
    Answers

Good points. Unfortunately, the state thinks it knows everything and therefore square dancing is considered essential. However, a teacher does not have to teach square dancing, the teacher has to meet the state standard requirements (at least in California it works this way) so instead of square dancing I teach swimming because it requires patterns and rhythm, which is what the standards dictate. My students are also exposed to fitness concepts in my class and they are mandated to get at least 30 minutes of moderate to intense physical activity. Best thing to do is complain to your state authorities.

Lastly, the school food is a tremendous issue, I always hear the lipservice of "we want healthy kids" but unfortunately, schools get a good chunk of money from junk food revenue. Best way to fight this is through educating parents and students, you'd be surprised at how many high school students don't know how to read food labels or know the difference between high GI carbs and low GI carbs.
    If anything can save this education system or at least stop it from turning to sludge, it'll be people like you. Keep up the good work.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I get to go do some survey work down by the border tomorrow. Should be interesting especially at night.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

If anything can save this education system or at least stop it from turning to sludge, it'll be people like you. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks, I appreciate the support. There are lots of people like me, unfortunately the beaurocratic process gets in the way. I got called out in a meeting once for encouraging kids to bring healthy home made lunches
  22. Board Supporter
    Answers

Very interesting thread, I agree with most statements said in here, this issue just makes me angry, this whole country is lately. Seriously our country needs to do something, people need to stop watching the ****ing tv and start fixing this country! When will people realize that THEY need to do something as well, not hope their next door neighbor will, but that both will together, nothing will get done if no one is willing to fight back. I believe in this case their should be protests against the protesters, let them see our side.
  23. Gold Member
    Answers

Where I work there are quite a few immigrants. Vietnamese, Thais, Indians, Polish, Russian ect... however like has been said they have come here either educated or got it here and now hold jobs that pay taxes ect... Some of the older guys are first generation immigrants that have been here 30-40 years and can`t believe what these people expect.

I went to Wawa to use the Mac machine not long ago and there are 4 languages to choose from(English-Spanish-Polish and I don`t know what else). Now I understand it`s business. But what kind of message does this send? My Irish ancesters didn`t come
    expecting America to bend to them. So why is it an excuse to say "Well your people were immigrants too."
  24. Gold Member
    Answers

It`s not the protests that bother me. It is the giv` me attitude of some.

Most of the Irish were probably to drunk to care(it`s a joke folks relax )
  25. Registered User
    Answers

Hah I remember some Mexican immigrants in So Cal being interviewed when the US played Mexico in the World Cup in 2002, they all said they were cheering for Mexico, because they "are Mexicans first." It's that kind of attitude that really bothers me. They don't assimilate, and their loyalty lies to Mexico, not the United States. They even wave the Mexican flag in their protests, yeah great way to stir up support! What the hell are they thinking, and what the hell is there to be proud of, it was so bad that you broke the law to get out of there!

Not likely, but what if we had to go to war with Mexico, would you want these people living inside the country?
  26. CDB
    Answers

When these *******s start waving American flags at their protests I'll listen to them. When they explain why they deserve to just be let in to this country when other people who have bothered to do things like learn English, some US history and have bothered to assimilate a bit get to sit on their asses for years, I'll listen to them. When they can explain why they have some apparent God given right to US government handouts when they've never paid a penny into that system, I'll listen to them. Until then I'd like to see the water cannons broken out for some target practice on their "protests."
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

28. Registered User
    Answers

When these *******s start waving American flags at their protests I'll listen to them. When they explain why they deserve to just be let in to this country when other people who have bothered to do things like learn English, some US history and have bothered to assimilate a bit get to sit on their asses for years, I'll listen to them. When they can explain why they have some apparent God given right to US government handouts when they've never paid a penny into that system, I'll listen to them. Until then I'd like to see the water cannons broken out for some target practice on their "protests."
    That's Racist! j/k CDB I agree completely. This isn't just for Hispanics, I take umbrage to people who believe that the government owes them something simply because of their race, economic class, etc. We don't mind you being a Mexican-American, African-American, Irish-American, etc. and melding into our culture while still maintaining your own. That's what this country was founded on, the freedom to express your culture. However, if you wish to remain a foreign national and wish to turn this country into your country of origin, that I take offence to. This isn't Mexico, Ireland, or any other country, this is the United States of America. I believe Merle Haggard said it best, "If you don't love it, leave it." These people deserve 1 giant .
  29. CDB
    Answers

That's Racist! j/k CDB I agree completely. This isn't just for Hispanics, I take umbrage to people who believe that the government owes them something simply because of their race, economic class, etc. We don't mind you being a Mexican-American, African-American, Irish-American, etc. and melding into our culture while still maintaining your own. That's what this country was founded on, the freedom to express your culture. However, if you wish to remain a foreign national and wish to turn this country into your country of origin, that I take offence to. This isn't Mexico, Ireland, or any other country, this is the United States of America. I believe Merle Haggard said it best, "If you don't love it, leave it." These people deserve 1 giant .
    That's what pisses me off. A lot of people take the international attitude towards the US which is basically "The US sucks ass, but give us money anyway while we ***** and moan about how horrible you are," and bring it here. I hate dealing with snotty ass, entitlement crazy foreigners when I'm in a foreign country, I'm doubly disinclined to deal with them in my own country.

And I don't want this country to turn into another France, where millions take to the street to protest against the fact that they actually have to work and be reasonably competent in their job in order to remain in their position. It sickens me that one day there might be thousands of dead soldiers from another country here on our soil who died protecting us because we were too busy being French and capitulating/submitting to domestic and international demands that went beyond reason. But we are heading that way.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

We don't mind you being a Mexican-American, African-American, Irish-American
    I mind...IMO a person should be an American of (insert background here) descent...egg. An American of African descent That way you're american FIRST
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Answers

VERY good point!

Here in Socal, it's getting so bad. My phone was broke last night, and I am standing in line at the Sprint store behind Illegal imigarants for 30 damn minutes...

Yup they both had Mexico flags on their hats...
  32. Gold Member
    Answers

water cannons
  33. Gold Member
    Answers

I believe Merle Haggard said it best, "If you don't love it, leave it." These people deserve 1 giant .
    "If that ain`t country I`ll kiss your ass!"

ummm.... sorry wrong guy... David Allen Coe my fault
  34. Gold Member
    Answers

If your of Irish Descent, it's ok to joke 'em if they can't take a ****, the kind my Norwegian Viking ancestors put on the Emerald Isle.

IMO,These people are less collectively Gimme than our native Brothers and Sistas.
    Watch it don`t wanna get my Cherokee up! WOOO! WOOO! Yea Rogue GG mom was 100% from NC . Irish + Cherokee = alcoholic go figure
  35. Registered User
    Answers

Over the passed few months - and weeks, especially (with all the "peaceful" protests), I've been really pissed about the whole situation. Now I'm realizing that there's nothing we can do. We have a government that doesn't listen to us any more. Either that, or there are far more Americans that feel differently than I/we..

It's only a matter of a few more generations and there will be no more America as we know it. I think I'd rather move to China than watch my country get eaten alive by aliens. I love this country but I can't stand to see it sink. I really do think I'm going to leave...
  36. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    I mind...IMO a person should be an American of (insert background here) descent...egg. An American of African descent That way you're american FIRST
    Kwycke, you bring up a very good point. People don't need to be hyphenated Americans. Just Americans will suffice. Then again people just can't seem to deal with just being American and not have to be a XYZ-American. Of course, being the good idea that it is, it will be completely ignored by the masses, sorry Kwycke.

Quote Originally Posted by EEmain
    "If that ain`t country I`ll kiss your ass!"

ummm.... sorry wrong guy... David Allen Coe my fault
    I'll let it slide this time. I like DAC too, so no harm done.
  37. CDB
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Tolerance
    It's only a matter of a few more generations and there will be no more America as we know it. I think I'd rather move to China than watch my country get eaten alive by aliens. I love this country but I can't stand to see it sink. I really do think I'm going to leave...
    Your not alone. I've been looking at moving to Mexico, ironically enough. Gear is widely available, there's a healthy expatriot population right across the border there to blend in with as I get my Spanish back up to par. Of course the most ironic thing is that last sentence. Someone actually considering learning the native language of a country they might move to? Won't find any of that nonsense here in the US...

The government does listen, they just don't give a ****. Their interests are not in line with our interests because, I'm sad to say, our ancestors allowed the government to be sold out piece by piece so that now it doesn't matter who is in office. It's a virtual guarantee, Republican or Democrat, that it'll be a faithful adherent to the leviathan state ideology.

The choices at this point I think are move somewhere else or kill the *******s. But then, can't exactly do that either because the American citizens have been slowly but steadily allowing themselves to be disarmed. Sad to say but what we really need in this country is more violence, not against citizens but against the state. But instead people let themselves be hearded into "free speech zones," and searched with a rubber glove up their ass before they are allowed the great honor of speaking with the schmuck whose salary the citizens are actually paying with the sweat off their brows.

We've gone from owning the government to the government owning us. Instead of us holding them accountable for their actions, most people seem to think it's proper and right that the government hold us accountable for our actions, regardless of what those actions are. Sorry, that's the law. And unfortunately, it's all unavoidable, because most people just do not give a **** enough to change the situation because, in the end, their oxe hasn't been gored too badly, and if it has the government's got them so brainwashed they think they deserved it.
  38. Registered User
    Answers

I wish we would all just get off of our asses - ALL of us - and smash these protestors to smitherines. A show of such raging hatred, gore and nauseating, animalistic violence - that nobody ever wants to come here and mix with us monsters. You know what I want at the f^(^n rally? I want chain saws, aluminum baseball bats, knives, guns - for everybody! Let the little illegals have weapons too. Because we should be outnumbering them 10,000 to one. I want there to be such a disgusting, dripping, bloody mess - that nobody ever forgets what happens when a government doesn't handle things and leaves it up to the people.

</rage>
  39. CDB
    Answers

I'm not calling for violence against our rulers, this is a public forum.
    I am. **** them. Of course now that's one of the nice overlooked effects of new antiterror legislation. Violence against the US is considered terrorism, but violence against the US senate or congress for example, while I would not consider it the same thing, is basically the same thing under law. Anti terror laws don't just aim at terrorists, they deny every American the fundamental right this country was founded on, the right to rebelion, violent rebelion if necessary. Not anything new, Lincoln basically killed that right during the Civil War. But it keeps getting more and more entrenched into the law that the people who are actually willing and able to fight for their rights, which are supposedly protected, are the enemy.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

Zero, you bring up a good point about violence. I normally don't favor violence but doing what you just said would either backfire real badly or work beautifully IMO. If you have 10,000 to 1 legal US citizens and legal immigrants vs. illegal immigrants get into a bloody confrontation then you'd have a ****load of people get arrested and the media would sympathize with the illegals OR the Fed Gov't would start getting worried and listen to us. However, if we don't do this and we give these illegal immigrants rights, and a pathway to citizenship then 2-3 decades from now we'll have a similar problem except that time it will be a lot more illegal immigrants to deal with and I hope to God it doesn't go that route because the **** will hit the fan by then since the government will be ****ing the people even more by then compared to today.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. We know you love the X-Factor logo. Do you want MN apparel?
    By Aeternitatis in forum Molecular Nutrition
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2006, 09:34 AM
  2. Gotta Love the Vitamine Shoppe
    By Giantz11 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-13-2006, 01:06 PM
  3. Gotta love the placebo effect!
    By fast89lx in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-06-2005, 01:33 AM
  4. I love the Bahamas........