Dubai Pulls Out of Port Deal

M

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
Dubai, fed up with american government has pulled themselves out of obtaining and running the 6 US ports our of the dozens they are buying through out Europe.

Experts expect Halliburton to take over the ports though Dubai will still be owning the aspects of it.

"Because of the strong relationship between the United Arab Emirates and the United States and to preserve that relationship, DP World has decided to transfer fully the U.S. operation of P&O Operations North America to a United States entity."

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Don't know whether this is good or bad. Having an Arab government owned country having any control whatsoever in our ports made me a bit nervous. That said Dubai seems like one of the most westernized nations over there, and the surest way to get rid of Islamic extremism is to keep them too busy being happy, prosperous and buying ****. That country is an up and comer, it's kind of a shame this couldn't have been worked out.

karategirl

karategirl

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dubai is awsome, and one of the most "Western" places that I have been to out in the UAE.
What I find crazy is the company is run by mostly US and UK citizens anyway, its crazy.
But then so is the lack of cultural and political knowledge of the majority of the public, so one scare story and everybody is freaking out.

T

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Halliburton?

I guess now we know the real reason why Republicans didn't want the ports to be owned by Dubai.

They took advantage of Bush bashing (which I'm sure was staged) and flipped it on us.

:clap2: Well played, GOP. Well played. :clap2:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
****ing republicans:think:

I was initially skeptical about the Dubai deal but it may have worked out well. Or not. I'd rather see US companies owning US ports:)

BV

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
interesting to say the least...:think:

M

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
dont be so fast to start jumping on the republicans only on this. Bill Clinton and his group ( form. sec of state and def.) in the past couple of months have did a good job in buying more and more stock in Halliburton...and Bill was the mastermind behind the UAE's moves regarding this deal. Was paid about a million bucks to be that guy... ( under the table mind you)

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
dont be so fast to start jumping on the republicans only on this. Bill Clinton and his group ( form. sec of state and def.) in the past couple of months have did a good job in buying more and more stock in Halliburton...and Bill was the mastermind behind the UAE's moves regarding this deal. Was paid about a million bucks to be that guy... ( under the table mind you)
exactly..... and hillary who was against the uae deal (at least thats what i heard last about it) claimed that she had no idea that bill had been part of the uae deal and all that crap..........

everything goes back to the issue of what makes the world go round:

social factors or economic factors, sadly its usually economics

M

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
Exactly... and Mr. Clinton ( since it is so damn obvious he sleeps on the sofa... in prob. his press girls apartment) he has no place to live... we all like to joke around and call him the adopted brother of GW. and the Bush family.

Everyone wants the same soup.. but from what i can see, republicans will tell you about it.. democrats.. will not

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
xR1pp3Rx Supplements 263
C Training Forum 3
C Training Forum 30
TheMrMuscle General Chat 11
M Politics 17