The Cresc..no Chocolate City!

GRosk1234

Pi Alpha Omega Epsilon Alpha
Awards
Anyone have thoughts on Ray Nagin's comments?

http://www.imnotchocolate.com/index.html

I personally think he has more than ruined his career, made an ass out of himself, and is crazy. This guy needs a therapist or duct tape or a muzzle or something. Don't get me wrong, he has done some great things for the city, was in most people's opinions a great mayor, but now is off the deep end.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Im not touchin that with a 10 foot poll, Im here to learn about anabolism, not concern myself with poltricks of the system. Anywho diversity is what makes this union great that is all, the token black has spoken...

delta314

Awards
  • Established
He'd be a asshole regardless of what flavor he is...

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
he is an idiot. but that was before that comment.. who leaves 1000 buses parked and not used to take his chocolate city to safety

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
His statements were wholly inappropriate no matter how you slice it. It is not up to a mayor or any other politician to decide what the demographics of a particular city or region should be. That leaves far too many ugly possibilities open for comfort.

He likely didn't mean anything belligerent with his comments but suppose a neo nazi stood up and said "This will be an Aryan city." ?

It's America. People will settle where they like and no one should ever try to influence that.

Personally, I can't believe anyone would bother to put a microphone in front of Nagin..except for his resignation speech...and I'm a Democrat.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
He will not have to face excessive media coverage and political flogging like a conservative would. Liberal media bias will keep it out of the mainstream and Ted Kennedy will leave him alone. :) That being said, the guy deserves a little slack due to the pressure he is under having to deal with that tradjedy. He did have some good things to say regarding blacks killing blacks and the need to raise yourself up. Almost sounded conservative for a brief second... hehe

Oh yeah, where is Jesse Hi-Jackson when you need him?

delta314

Awards
  • Established
Almost sounded conservative for a brief second... hehe

Oh yeah, where is Jesse Hi-Jackson when you need him?
Who needs him?:afro: He only shows up when he can claim racism and blow his own horn. No profit for him = No Show Jesse:stick:

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yall make me laugh sooooo much, Jesse could not say a thing he is the founder of the PUSH-Rainbow coalition so i would think that would go against his beliefs, as for no money or spotlight for him thats a given. Truthfully his representation for my community as a whole has been lackluster, but hey moving along...Oh yes he did have some thoughts on us killing us, without the white mans help. but thats so beat up and passe we need another excuse on why we can't succed= Hurricane Katrina.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Who needs him?:afro: He only shows up when he can claim racism and blow his own horn. No profit for him = No Show Jesse:stick:
Just for clarification: My tongue was firmly implanted in the side of my cheek while I was typing about Jesse.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
;) gotcha, still does not change how i feel about the guy.

delta314

Awards
  • Established
My point is, I could care less about race, religion, or for that matter sexual preference....you are either part of the solution or part of the problem. I'd follow Colin Powell to the bowels of hell. I wouldn't follow JJ to a strip club.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
:rofl: Thas cool, I Just think Jesse is part of the problem, as well as Nagin, so :cheers: .

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Wow , that is kind of odd. I have been to New Orleans on many occasions. I found the local flavor to be the best of anywhere I have visited. I live in NYC and we all get along , but in Nawlin's there was a coolness to the streets. I never felt any pressure to act like I was there for any other reason except to have a good time. People were always concerned with how I was feeling and If I needed anything. I truly miss the amount of respect and hospitality that I was shown everytime I was in the Big Easy! I hope they recover soon!

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
I really hope the "dude is fucking idiot" quote wasn't about Gen. Colin Powell. And I am sure it isn't... But i 100% agree with you Delta.. he is a true american that should run this nation.. he was sold down the river and though i am a republican, my Bush votes were only for Powell knowing he was going to be a puppet string puller... damn bush pulled a fast one on me and started making his own choices....

and yes.. i have a colin powell doll .. sorry.. action figure... on my desk ...

GRosk1234

Pi Alpha Omega Epsilon Alpha
Awards
anabolicrhino Wow , that is kind of odd. I have been to New Orleans on many occasions. I found the local flavor to be the best of anywhere I have visited. I live in NYC and we all get along , but in Nawlin's there was a coolness to the streets. I never felt any pressure to act like I was there for any other reason except to have a good time. People were always concerned with how I was feeling and If I needed anything. I truly miss the amount of respect and hospitality that I was shown everytime I was in the Big Easy! I hope they recover soon!
For the most part, that's how it still is! I work with people from every race/ethnicity and they are all confused as to what this guy is thinking. One person even said to me once in comparing New Orleans to other places that we don't have a river or other side of the tracks where "those people" live. It's not how we do things down here. I really don't like the bad publicity the city gets from these comments. For the most part people just want to get their lives back and get their city's pride and spirit back. It's hard, but every day I see progress.

And I agree, General Powell is an excellent example of leadership.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
For the most part, that's how it still is! I work with people from every race/ethnicity and they are all confused as to what this guy is thinking. One person even said to me once in comparing New Orleans to other places that we don't have a river or other side of the tracks where "those people" live. It's not how we do things down here. I really don't like the bad publicity the city gets from these comments. For the most part people just want to get their lives back and get their city's pride and spirit back. It's hard, but every day I see progress.

And I agree, General Powell is an excellent example of leadership.
Please tell me that Pascal's Manal is still around to serve up those giant barbequed shrimp! New Orleans, Where everything is boiled in butter!..and how 'bout that Bread puddin'..... I gained three pounds just reminessing!

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Chill out Maynard.

I was talking about Nagin.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
no worries i know you were talking about him lol.. i was just being over dramatic:whiner: