Ted Kennedy to Drop Club Membership

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
After ripping Supreme Court nominee Samuel Alito for what Senator Ted Kennedy called "troubling” ties to a social club at Princeton University, Kennedy is distancing himself from his own curious ties to a club at Harvard University

As previously reported by NewsMax, Kennedy is a member of The Owl Club, a social club for Harvard alumni that bans women from membership. Ironically, the Owl Club, long reviled at Harvard as "sexist,” was evicted from the campus in 1984 for violating federal anti-discrimination laws authored by Kennedy.

According to the Boston Herald, Kennedy was questioned on his status as an Owl Club member by Boston TV station WHDH. Kennedy said, "I’m not a member; I continue to pay about $100.” However, according to the membership directory of the Owl Club, Kennedy updated his personal information as recently as September 7.

When told by the TV reporter that the Owl Club discriminates against women, Kennedy said, "I shouldn’t be and I’m going to get out as fast as I can.”
This, of course, is not the first time Kennedy has been trapped in a web of hypocrisy. As noted in the best-selling book by author Peter Schweizer, "Do As I Say (Not As I Do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy" Kennedy has a long history of hypocrisy.
Ted Kennedy has fought for the estate tax and spoken out against tax shelters. But he has repeatedly benefited from an intricate web of trusts and private foundations that have shielded most of his family's fortune from the IRS. One Kennedy family trust wasn't even set up in the U.S., but in Fiji.

delta314

Awards
  • Established
Ted Kennedy Sucks. The prick should be in prison for the things he has done. :saw:

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Say it aint so! He's my hero. No way he could be a corrupt little bitch? LMAO

delta314

Awards
  • Established
Say it aint so! He's my hero. No way he could be a corrupt little bitch? LMAO
If John Wayne were still around, he'd kick Ted's ass and push the squat rack over on him.:jaw:

T.R.D TopDog

Awards
Ted Kennedy should be hit by a bus......for murdering Mary Jo Kopechne....

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Why in the hell do you guys look at newsmax.com for news? They're the dregs of political journalism, the hairy asscrack of political commentary, and the syphillis of news.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Newsmax or not, this is a fact, not opinion: Ted Kennedy is a hypocrite

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
i actually come to find that news max gives a more complete story and or also reports many things that fall by the wayside of other news networks. etc.. i may not like what they have to say in some... but sadly they often hold more fact and true reporting than regular publications...