Homeless Shelter closed because Director is a Republican - AnabolicMinds.com

Homeless Shelter closed because Director is a Republican

  1. New Member
    brogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    254

    Reputation

    Homeless Shelter closed because Director is a Republican


    http://www.epath.org/blog/2005/12/if...r-director.htm

    If You're A Republican & A Shelter Director--Expect Increased Rent

    Dome Village, a transitional housing program for 32 people in downtown Los Angeles, released an urgent media alert. Basically, their rent is increasing from $2,500 per month to $18,333 per month.

    Why? Because the L.A. Times reported that Dome Village director is a Republican. The non-Republican property owner of Dome Village didn't want to subsidize this "Republican" operation.

    Here is the release:
    __________

    Dome Village Threatened With Closure

    After 12 years, and just a few days before Christmas, Dome Village transitional housing community has received a notice of a rent increase of nearly 800% that will force residents back on the street. This issue will be addressed at a Press Conference conducted by Ted Hayes and the Directors of Justiceville/Homeless, USA

    WHEN: Friday, December 23rd 2005 at 10.00 AM
    WHERE: The Dome Village, 847 Golden Avenue, Los Angeles, CA., 90017
    CONTACT: Ted Hayes

    After learning that Ted Hayes visited a Republican womenıs group, landlord and retired attorney Milton Sidley wrote a one-line letter informing Justiceville/Homeless, USA (JHUSA) that he will raise the rent from $2,500/mo plus property taxes to $18,333/mo plus property taxes in late 2006. When asked why he raised the rent, Sidley replied, ³This Democrat is tired of supporting Ted and his Dome Village

    Sidley knows that Justiceville/Homeless USA cannot survive this punitive increase. The multi-millionaire sent the rent-increase notice two days after reading a Los Angeles Times article that referenced Ted Hayesı support for President Bush. Sidley has retaliated against Hayes in a way that will displace 32 men, women, and children.

    The directors and residents of Dome Village are making an urgent appeal for public assistance to find another site to build a new village. We cannot allow this innovative project, working to end the cycle of homelessness in the United States, to come to a tragic end.

    Another version is @ http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...3/102604.shtml

  2. Ectomorph man
    Bean's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    460

    Reputation

    WTF?!?
  3. New Member
    brogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    254

    Reputation

    Reprinted from NewsMax.com
    Friday, Dec. 23, 2005 9:51 a.m. EST
    Democrat Landlord Bilks Republican's Homeless Shelter


    A liberal lawyer in Los Angeles is threatening to throw nearly three dozen homeless center residents back on the streets because of something he finds indefensible: The center's founder is a Republican and voted for President Bush.
    Roughly 30 men, women and children may be forced to leave Dome Village – a 20-year non-profit center for support and housing of the homeless – and will have to try to survive on the streets because of a punitive rent hike imposed by the landlord right before Christmas.
    Milton Sidley, a retired attorney and landlord, said he discovered earlier this month that Ted Hayes, founder of Justiceville/Homeless, USA, was a Republican.
    News of Hayes’ political affiliation came after a visit to a Republican women’s group, reported by the L.A. Times, which referenced Hayes’ solid support for President Bush.

    Two days later, Sidley decided to raise the rent at Justiceville’s "Dome Village” from $2,500 per month to $18,333 per month because, he states, "This Democrat is tired of supporting Ted and his Dome Village.”
    So much for the notion that Democrats want to help the country's poor.
    The more than 600 percent rent hike cannot be absorbed, Hayes said, meaning Dome Village cannot survive unless Sidley retracts this demand.


    According to a Dec. 4 article in the L.A. Times, Hayes "forsook a middle-class lifestyle years ago to live on the streets because he believed it would allow him to better serve the homeless." He has been a registered Republican since 2003.
    Hayes, who is black, told the Bel-Air Republican Women’s Federation that his politics are similar to their own and his compassion for those in need are reflective of his political believes and moral strength.

    "I support President Bush, and I support the Republican Party," reports the Times. … "I don't believe in the welfare state … If you're poor, you're still expected to be a responsible citizen in this society. I believe in strengthening the hands of the poor where they can learn to stand on their own two feet."


    The directors of Dome Village are making an urgent appeal for public assistance to find a new location to aid the homeless and build a new facility. The Justiceville/Homeless, USA group plans a press conference in L.A. Friday to bring national attention to this issue.
    •   
       

  4. Board Supporter
    diminuendo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    332
    Rep Power
    289

    Reputation

    surprised?
  5. Registered User
    BodyWizard's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,373
    Rep Power
    1309

    Reputation

    sounds like the 'liberal' landlord is showing some real 'conservative' values.... Anyone "outraged" that this guy is getting a dose of his own social-darwinist medicine is a flaming hypocrite - so I expect to hear A LOT about this from Bill O'Reilly.

    After all, it's little different from the way Wal-Mart has "served" a thousand small towns across America.
  6. SJA
    SJA is offline
    dead sexy wino
    SJA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,054
    Rep Power
    8150

    Reputation

    Guess I'll be moving to the next overpass now.....I just wish they would have let me go back in and get my potty jar
  7. Senior Member
    Mass_69's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,550
    Rep Power
    3037

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard
    sounds like the 'liberal' landlord is showing some real 'conservative' values.... Anyone "outraged" that this guy is getting a dose of his own social-darwinist medicine is a flaming hypocrite - so I expect to hear A LOT about this from Bill O'Reilly.

    After all, it's little different from the way Wal-Mart has "served" a thousand small towns across America.
    Geeze BW, I used to respect what you had to say. That was one of the most ignorant posts I've read all year. I don't quite follow why you feel that the landlord is showing "conservative" values. Not quite sure what you have pictured as "conservative values."

    I also don't follow what makes you say that Ted Hayes is "getting a dose of his own social-darwinist medicine." How is the guy getting his own "social-darwinist medicine" by helping the poor?

    Wait a sec, if you're a Liberal, you wouldn't need a basis for what you say. At least most Liberals don't believe they do. It's always someone else's fault.
  8. New Member
    brogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    254

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard
    sounds like the 'liberal' landlord is showing some real 'conservative' values.... Anyone "outraged" that this guy is getting a dose of his own social-darwinist medicine is a flaming hypocrite - so I expect to hear A LOT about this from Bill O'Reilly.

    After all, it's little different from the way Wal-Mart has "served" a thousand small towns across America.
    Maybe you didn't read it, or maybe you're just filled with hate, I don't know.

    The shelter was paying rent at a certain price. The landowner then raised the rent because he read that the director supported President Bush.

    You think anyone who is outraged is a hypocrite? The democratic party always claims Republicans don't give 2 ****s about lower class Americans, and yet a democrat is throwing 30 homeless out of the street for no reason other than the director is a Republican. That's hypocrisy.
  9. Registered User
    spatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    596

    Reputation

    This is the ONLY thing George Washington and the other dudes didnt prepare for in the constitution. The formimg of political properties. Blindly following/opposing something simply because your party does throws off many checks and balances in government and economy.

    Great finisher to the holiday season.
  10. Registered User
    BodyWizard's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,373
    Rep Power
    1309

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mass_69
    Geeze BW, I used to respect what you had to say. That was one of the most ignorant posts I've read all year. I don't quite follow why you feel that the landlord is showing "conservative" values. Not quite sure what you have pictured as "conservative values."
    How many times have I heard Rush and Boortz, among others defending money as a form of speech and the use of money as valid political action? More than a dozen, certainly. This is not something I hear liberals arguing for; since conservatives like & support it, I call it a conservative value.

    That said, it seems to me that the landlord is making a form of political speech here - I just observed the irony in it being a conservative homeless shelter & a liberal employing the tactic.

    Do you disagree?

    I also don't follow what makes you say that Ted Hayes is "getting a dose of his own social-darwinist medicine." How is the guy getting his own "social-darwinist medicine" by helping the poor?
    If you're not familiar with the basic notions of social darwinism, they are roughly that 'survival of the fittest' dictates that the most capable and ruthless members of any society will rise to the top, and are therefore rightfully more important members; those who end up on the bottom in such a society are little better than cattle and may be considered expendable.

    As for him getting his own medicine, I was thinking of the massive cuts in social services under the last 3 republican administrations - due to which. many shelters and other programs were closed down.

    Again, the irony....

    Wait a sec, if you're a Liberal, you wouldn't need a basis for what you say. At least most Liberals don't believe they do. It's always someone else's fault.
    Well, that doesn't add much. What, if you don't automatically agree with me, I must be a liberal? And therefore unworthy of respect?
  11. Registered User
    BodyWizard's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,373
    Rep Power
    1309

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by brogers
    Maybe you didn't read it, or maybe you're just filled with hate, I don't know.
    ???
    The shelter was paying rent at a certain price. The landowner then raised the rent because he read that the director supported President Bush.
    The landlord has the right to raise the rent. The tenant has the right to pay up or move out. The end.

    Nothing personal - it's just business: the law of the jungle, survival of the fittest. You might not like his motives, I may not like his motives, but his motives are irrelevant. By the same token, if forcing this shelter to close is wrong, then forcing any shelter to close is wrong.

    That's why it's so damn' important that we pay attention to what happens in Washington. It's discouragingly easy to make bad law.

    You think anyone who is outraged is a hypocrite? The democratic party always claims Republicans don't give 2 ****s about lower class Americans, and yet a democrat is throwing 30 homeless out of the street for no reason other than the director is a Republican. That's hypocrisy.
    oh, so this is like, nanny-nanny-boo-boo on the democrats? Because of this guy?
  12. Registered User
    BodyWizard's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,373
    Rep Power
    1309

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by spatch
    This is the ONLY thing George Washington and the other dudes didnt prepare for in the constitution. The formimg of political properties. Blindly following/opposing something simply because your party does throws off many checks and balances in government and economy.

    Great finisher to the holiday season.
    gotta agree, spatch - partisan politics have nearly destroyed every attempt at self-govenrment so far. And how far back the **** goes - I was really startled recently to learn just how much we're still affected by events and loyalties from the English Civil War. And the French Revolution, from which we get our very concept of political left and right and their association with liberal and conservative, was just madness, even if they did get the idea from us.

    It'll be interesting to see how we deal with the problems inherent in a 2-party system over the next couple election cycles.

    Well, gents - Happy New Year to you all, I am outta here!
  13. Senior Member
    Mass_69's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,550
    Rep Power
    3037

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard
    How many times have I heard Rush and Boortz, among others defending money as a form of speech and the use of money as valid political action? More than a dozen, certainly. This is not something I hear liberals arguing for; since conservatives like & support it, I call it a conservative value.

    That said, it seems to me that the landlord is making a form of political speech here - I just observed the irony in it being a conservative homeless shelter & a liberal employing the tactic.

    Do you disagree?
    Unfortunately, I dont listen to Rush or Boortz much, or any radio for that matter, but I dont hear other conservs saying that, and still dont agree in calling that a "conservative value." Actually, the most popular example of using money (or not using) as a form of speech is boycotting - something that is generally more popular with the Libs.


    Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard
    If you're not familiar with the basic notions of social darwinism, they are roughly that 'survival of the fittest' dictates that the most capable and ruthless members of any society will rise to the top, and are therefore rightfully more important members; those who end up on the bottom in such a society are little better than cattle and may be considered expendable.

    As for him getting his own medicine, I was thinking of the massive cuts in social services under the last 3 republican administrations - due to which. many shelters and other programs were closed down.

    Again, the irony....
    I am familiar, hence my original comment. While we could debate your so-called "massive cuts" by the last 3 Repub. admins., even though the current one is spending more than the Clinton admin. on social services, remember that closing a shelter based on a necessity (lack of use, abuse of uses, whatever the cause) and closing one out of spite, while I dont condone either, are 2 very different ideals.

    But back to Ted Hayes and his dose of his "social-darwinism medicine." While you explained the meaning of SD, and picked on the past 3 Repub. admins., you failed to address my original question:

    "How is the guy getting his own 'social-darwinist medicine' by helping the poor?"

    Unless you know Ted Hayes or something about him that was not in the arcticles, your comment was completely wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard
    Well, that doesn't add much. What, if you don't automatically agree with me, I must be a liberal? And therefore unworthy of respect?
    BW, I said IF you are a Liberal...

    Don't worry, I still think you are a respectable Member here at AM, I guess I just dont agree with you on Politics.
  14. SJA
    SJA is offline
    dead sexy wino
    SJA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,054
    Rep Power
    8150

    Reputation

    Politics and religion.......can make enemies of friends
  15. Registered User
    BodyWizard's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,373
    Rep Power
    1309

    Reputation

    true dat....
  16. Elite Member
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10344

    Reputation

    Ummmmmmmmm.......I can't believe anyone believes anything published on Newsmax.com.....it's like a right-wing Weekly World News.
  17. Ectomorph man
    Bean's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    460

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    Ummmmmmmmm.......I can't believe anyone believes anything published on Newsmax.com.....it's like a right-wing Weekly World News.
    Oh and stuff on mainstream news is soooo much more accurate right?

    Dan Rather anyone?!?!
  18. New Member
    brogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    254

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    Ummmmmmmmm.......I can't believe anyone believes anything published on Newsmax.com.....it's like a right-wing Weekly World News.
    The first article is taken from a homeless organization, BTW.

    I added Newsmax's article because it had some more info on it. And while it is obviously more negative to the owner, it presents the facts perfectly fine.
  19. Elite Member
    Matthew D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    5,014
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    every news source as an inherient bias.. that is one reason to get information from more than one source..
  20. Registered User
    milwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,460
    Rep Power
    1404

    Reputation

    I personally don't believe ANYTHING until I read it in The Enquirer...
  21. Elite Member
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10344

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by brogers
    The first article is taken from a homeless organization, BTW.

    I added Newsmax's article because it had some more info on it. And while it is obviously more negative to the owner, it presents the facts perfectly fine.
    No, the first post is from the website of the guy experiencing the rent hike. He claims it's because of his political affiliation and then Newsmax reprints it. Sorry, there's no journalism there.....just propaganda.
  22. Senior Member
    Mass_69's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,550
    Rep Power
    3037

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    No, the first post is from the website of the guy experiencing the rent hike. He claims it's because of his political affiliation and then Newsmax reprints it. Sorry, there's no journalism there.....just propaganda.
    That's funny, the first one is from the website of the non-profit organization PATH (People Assisting The Homeless), and I don't see Ted Hayes listed on their Board of Directors, Advisory Board, or Staff...
  23. New Member
    brogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    254

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    No, the first post is from the website of the guy experiencing the rent hike. He claims it's because of his political affiliation and then Newsmax reprints it. Sorry, there's no journalism there.....just propaganda.
    You either didn't read it, or just ignore what the landlord himself said, and did.
  24. Ectomorph man
    Bean's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    460

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by milwood
    I personally don't believe ANYTHING until I read it in The Enquirer...

    YES! I love finding out who Paris Hilton is sleeping with and what magic age-defying skin creme the stars use that I cant afford!
  25. Senior Member
    Mass_69's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,550
    Rep Power
    3037

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    and what magic age-defying skin creme the stars use that I cant afford!
    That section's definitely a CAN'T-MISS!!!
  26. Registered User
    BodyWizard's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,373
    Rep Power
    1309

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew D
    every news source as an inherient bias.. that is one reason to get information from more than one source..
    in much the same way, each political party has an agenda, and they shape everything to support that agenda; loyal Remopublicrats should remember that good party members have been crucial to some of the most powerful nations of the last 100 years: Nazi Germany, The USSR, and the People's Republic of China.

    Our Founders were explicit: the American Experiment in self-government can only survive if EVERY citizen stays informed, debates the issues, and thinks for themselves. Only by listening to those who disagree with us can we achieve this end.
  27. Elite Member
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10344

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by brogers
    You either didn't read it, or just ignore what the landlord himself said, and did.
    No I read it but I don't simply believe something because someone posts it on their blog. I could post on my blog that President Bush told me he keeps Osama Bin Laden in his shirt pocket and it wouldn't make it true.

    Here, you have someone claiming that the landlord said something "When asked why he raised the rent, Sidley replied, This Democrat is tired of supporting Ted and his Dome Village".....but where are the facts? Who asked him? How id he respond? Who was the audience?

    If you read this article in a real newspaper http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...ck=1&cset=true
    you'll see the story treated in a balanced manner.

    And to be honest, if I had been subsidizing a shelter for more than a decade by charging token rent, without ever a thank you from the Director, and then found out that the Director was a proud member of a political party that constantly cuts funding for programs for the homeless, I would probably tell him to go F himself as well (ABOUT ME: I'm a lawyer who works for a non-profit and have spent much of my adult life helping homesless/at-risk people).
  28. New Member
    brogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    254

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    No I read it but I don't simply believe something because someone posts it on their blog. I could post on my blog that President Bush told me he keeps Osama Bin Laden in his shirt pocket and it wouldn't make it true.

    Here, you have someone claiming that the landlord said something "When asked why he raised the rent, Sidley replied, This Democrat is tired of supporting Ted and his Dome Village".....but where are the facts? Who asked him? How id he respond? Who was the audience?

    If you read this article in a real newspaper http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...ck=1&cset=true
    you'll see the story treated in a balanced manner.

    And to be honest, if I had been subsidizing a shelter for more than a decade by charging token rent, without ever a thank you from the Director, and then found out that the Director was a proud member of a political party that constantly cuts funding for programs for the homeless, I would probably tell him to go F himself as well (ABOUT ME: I'm a lawyer who works for a non-profit and have spent much of my adult life helping homesless/at-risk people).
    Ah the LA Times is a much more balanced media source

    Yeah I'm sure they are making up quotes. The guy is an attorney, and I have no doubt he would bring a lawsuit if they were intentionally misquoting him.

    His words and his actions say plenty.
  29. Ectomorph man
    Bean's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    460

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    No I read it but I don't simply believe something because someone posts it on their blog. I could post on my blog that President Bush told me he keeps Osama Bin Laden in his shirt pocket and it wouldn't make it true.
    REALLY?!? Then you shouldnt watch any news on TV, or for that matter read anything in the papers. Because MOST of it comes from blogs. Blogs of people who are neck deep in it. The modern media plageurizes (spelling) them word for word.

    I understand where you're coming from; but you've got a few delusional views on how the world really works; lawyer or not. As in thinking ANY publication that comes out of California can be considered "balanced". LOL. Or the real impact of blogs in the current western world; READ UP!!! There's a LOT of cool information out there; and you get to read it in its full unaltered form before its broadcasted on the evening news.
  30. New Member
    Goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    212

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard
    sounds like the 'liberal' landlord is showing some real 'conservative' values.... Anyone "outraged" that this guy is getting a dose of his own social-darwinist medicine is a flaming hypocrite - so I expect to hear A LOT about this from Bill O'Reilly.

    After all, it's little different from the way Wal-Mart has "served" a thousand small towns across America.
    ^^^Typical 2 wrongs make a right leftist thinking, complete with irrelevance and a Bill O'Reilly jab.
  31. Registered User
    BodyWizard's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,373
    Rep Power
    1309

    Reputation

    I'm not like you so I must be one of "Them"?
    You make a lot of assumptions - and I guess I have, too:
    sorry to have disturbed you gentlemen, please continue your game.
  32. Elite Member
    yeahright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,368
    Rep Power
    10344

    Reputation

    How can a Republican complain about being charged the market rate of rent? You would expect him to be proud to give-up the welfare subsidy of the landlord. He should pull himself up by his own bootstraps rather than rely upon handouts from others.
  33. Elite Member
    BigVrunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,063
    Rep Power
    2681

    Reputation

    in much the same way, each political party has an agenda, and they shape everything to support that agenda; loyal Remopublicrats should remember that good party members have been crucial to some of the most powerful nations of the last 100 years: Nazi Germany, The USSR, and the People's Republic of China.

    Our Founders were explicit: the American Experiment in self-government can only survive if EVERY citizen stays informed, debates the issues, and thinks for themselves. Only by listening to those who disagree with us can we achieve this end.
    I agree with everything BW is saying here. Republicans, Democrats, whatever...these two parties have a monopoly on power in this country and between them both they will bring the greatest country on earth into the ****ter in due time.

    If the people who shed their blood to start this country could see the way things are headed, they'd be rolling in their graves.

    BV
  34. Registered User
    Nabeshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    287
    Rep Power
    261

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard
    sounds like the 'liberal' landlord is showing some real 'conservative' values.... Anyone "outraged" that this guy is getting a dose of his own social-darwinist medicine is a flaming hypocrite - so I expect to hear A LOT about this from Bill O'Reilly.

    After all, it's little different from the way Wal-Mart has "served" a thousand small towns across America.
    I am humbled by your display of compassion for those suffering from what has recently transpired. Your words are an inspiration to those more interested in advancing the state of humanity than engaging in partisan backbiting. The empathy I feel in your post brings a tear to my eye --- it is an honor to post in the same forum as one of such ineffable clairvoyance. Your thorough grasp of the wrongness of forced cooperation, and the rightness of voluntary aid, and the non-mutual-exclusivity of these two concepts, should serve as an example to AAAAAH!!!

    DERN IT! I just crapped my pants!

    This is what happens when you get to sarcastic. Learn from my mistake.
  35. Ectomorph man
    Bean's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    460

    Reputation

    I just got neg repped on this thread because I said "WTF" in my first post in this thread. Are people so uptight they can't handle debate?

    Whomever did it, didnt leave their name and they're a ****ing coward.
  36. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2846

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard
    sounds like the 'liberal' landlord is showing some real 'conservative' values.... Anyone "outraged" that this guy is getting a dose of his own social-darwinist medicine is a flaming hypocrite - so I expect to hear A LOT about this from Bill O'Reilly.

    After all, it's little different from the way Wal-Mart has "served" a thousand small towns across America.
    Yeah, I dunno WTF your post was all about Geezz....

    But yeah, the ignorant political extremists never cease to surprise. Guess this particular guy is showing his liberal "compassion", eh?
  37. New Member
    brogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    272
    Rep Power
    254

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I just got neg repped on this thread because I said "WTF" in my first post in this thread. Are people so uptight they can't handle debate?

    Whomever did it, didnt leave their name and they're a ****ing coward.
    Look at my rep points. It's a pretty childish thing IMO. This is a bodybuilding site, I thought that "rep points" would be more about giving sound advice than disagreeing with someone's stance on politics.

    I can't even play in the arcade with negative points
  38. Registered User
    Nabeshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    287
    Rep Power
    261

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahright
    How can a Republican complain about being charged the market rate of rent? You would expect him to be proud to give-up the welfare subsidy of the landlord. He should pull himself up by his own bootstraps rather than rely upon handouts from others.
    How can it be that difficult to grasp the difference between voluntary and forced cooperation? I just don't get it. Not supporting the latter is not tantamount to not supporting the former.

    I don't have to say "Hi" to you if you say "Hi" to me --- but I'd be an ******* not to. Likewise, I support this liberal dousche bag's right to be an ******* and not support a homeless shelter simply because it is run by a republican --- but he is still an irrefragable *******.

    One of a liberal persuasion might wonder why I don't support forced wealth redistribution if I think this guy is being a dick. The reason is that assholish behavior reflects poorly on the parties responsible --- damaging your reputation is bad ju-ju. This creates a negative feedback loop, weeding out assholish behavior. Collectivist "charity" is prone to corruption and ineffectiveness, since positions of power attract the power hungry --- and in the struggle for power, professionals will beat amateurs. It's also redundant --- if people are not willing to voluntarily contribute to charity, there is no reason to expect them to vote to force themselves to contribute.

    The fact that this liberal is behaving this way, and that other liberals are jumping to support him, only increases the chances that a liberal will not be our next president. I'd prefer that the homeless shelther would not be shut down --- and I guarantee you this behavior is going to bite this guy in his puckered starfish --- but a pyrrhic victory is still a victory.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Log of _______, can't read it? Because there is nothing there.
    By Distilled Water in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 365
    Last Post: 09-26-2010, 02:56 PM
  2. Pennsylvania Is Closing Down ???
    By anabolicrhino in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 10:03 PM
  3. My gym is closing down!!!!
    By Salyers1121 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 10:32 PM
  4. is my weight staying the same because im adding muscle?
    By iwinulose2981 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 10:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in