Status
Not open for further replies.
bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
http://articles.health.msn.com/id/100111139/site/100000000/

Forget ballplayers. More than ever, police officers are juicing up to get an edge on perps—but at what price? Men's Health investigates.
By: Sabrina Rubin Erdely, Men's Health Illustration by: Eddie Guy

More on this in Health & Fitness

Officer Jimmy (not his real name) knew his steroid use was paying off when, one day, the Ohio policeman needed to wrestle a suspect to the ground—and the guy crumpled like a piece of wet cardboard. "It took no effort at all," Jimmy marvels. For Kevin, a military policeman, his steroid epiphany came as he was throwing a rowdy patron out of a Southern California bar: Kevin grabbed the guy by his belt and yanked him right out of his chair. "He landed about 2 feet behind me," he remembers. Former Suffolk County, New York, officer Tom Foley had a steroid moment of a different sort when, while vacationing in L.A., he was pumping iron at Muscle Beach—with visions of his idol, Arnold, dancing in his head—and spectators started taking his picture.
"It was unbelievable!" Foley exclaims with a bashful smile, holding up a framed photo from that session: a shot of his shirtless back, an explosion of finely cut lats and traps. Foley, 33, is seated on the back porch of his girlfriend's Long Island home, enjoying the simple pleasure of breathing free air. He's on his very first weekend furlough from prison, where he's nearing the end of a 3-year sentence. And while he's stayed in excellent shape behind bars, he's no longer Muscle Beach buff. "Yeah, it was amazing," Foley says, peering nostalgically at the photo. "And that was on 200 milligrams

texas

Awards
my friend and his dad are both cops, the dad had to wait 10 years after his last cycle with steroids till he could become a cop, my friend just waited into after he became one, he told me they dont even test for it

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
I found this article to be very interesting and funny because I know cops that shoot-up and they are my buddies. They usually tease me about joining them in shooting-up. They usually shoot-up right in front of me; without breaking a sweat. I haven't reached that stage and I don't plan on opening that door. I'm happy with pills like 1AD, Superdrol and maybe Phera-Plex next year.

Hmmm, I wonder how many guys shoot-up on this site???

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
As far as I'm concerned, I say they train them on AAS and lifting,etc...then provide it to them!
I want them to have as many benefits as possible...since they are protecting my tail and all.

roadsidejustice

Awards
This article is crap. There opening line states that "more than ever, police officers are juicing up" yet read on and experts say it is impossible to even remotely come up with any concrete number whatsoever. As someone in law enforcement I am used to this crap but this is ridiculous. Do I know cops that have juiced, yes, but 20 to 25 percent, that is BS. I know just as many, plumbers, dentists (pick any career) that juice. They pick a couple of cops that juice and their word is gospel.

Juice is not a "tool of the trade". This crap about lawsuits having increased for brutality is a result of a litigious society and not a result of steroid use among cops. It's cheaper for a department to dole out ten thousand for a bogus lawsuit then fight it in court regardless of any wrongdoing at all. The lawyers know this and that is the reason for the increase. The reason they have mace and tazers now is so cops can avoid hand to hand defense. They are considered less force in my state.

I could go on and on but that's it for now. It's articles like this that will kill the supplement industry along with making it more of a crime to juice than shoot up heroin.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Some good points you bring up, roadside. I too believe that their percentage is highly exagerrated, and statements are fabricated without foundation.

Redeemer

Awards
This one is choice "If a cop loses control in a fit of 'roid rage, will your township get slammed with a brutality lawsuit? And, experts speculate, do steroids render cops less effective at their jobs, making you less safe?"

And this one had me ROFL "When Jimmy developed a golf ball-size pus nodule on his butt, which popped during a house party full of cops, they just laughed and pointed at the wet spot seeping through his jeans; they'd all been there."

The news becomes more and more like a comic book every day. But seriously, I agree with -2z- These guys are putting it on the line. They aren't chucking a ball around for other people's amusement. I firmly believe in full steriod programs and education for both the Military and Police. It's ashame some scrawny pencil pusher at a desk can make the descision otherwise.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I know very few law enforcemnt officers that I would even suspect of using. I think the BS lawsuits is whats hurting the supplement industry. you can sue mcdonalds for burning yourself from their hot coffee. even though it is labeled hot coffee.

brogers

Awards
  • Established
I hate the police and I hope they crack down on these idiots, who I'm sure would jump at the chance to bust a drug user, despite using schedule III's themselves. Unless you're in LA, NY, or some other city with a violent crime problem, cops are more of a nuisance than criminals, without question.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I hate the police and I hope they crack down on these idiots, who I'm sure would jump at the chance to bust a drug user, despite using schedule III's themselves. Unless you're in LA, NY, or some other city with a violent crime problem, cops are more of a nuisance than criminals, without question.
OMFG

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Although the article is most likely slanted and exaggerated, I would guess that there is a higher number of AAS using policemen vs the average population. This is not because they are "police", but rather they are in a profession where their physical safety can be at risk, much like many professional athletes.

Having said that, I am all for making it legal for police to use AAS, heck, firemen too. If my life is on the line in any way, I want every advantage I can have (meaning a stronger policeman defending me, or a stronger fireman that can carry my not-so-light a$$ out of a fire when I'm unconscious).

Of course, if that ever happens, I may have to consider a career move. :)

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
I'm just curious, do you juice roadside?

[quoIte=roadsidejustice]This article is crap. There opening line states that "more than ever, police officers are juicing up" yet read on and experts say it is impossible to even remotely come up with any concrete number whatsoever. As someone in law enforcement I am used to this crap but this is ridiculous. Do I know cops that have juiced, yes, but 20 to 25 percent, that is BS. I know just as many, plumbers, dentists (pick any career) that juice. They pick a couple of cops that juice and their word is gospel.

Juice is not a "tool of the trade". This crap about lawsuits having increased for brutality is a result of a litigious society and not a result of steroid use among cops. It's cheaper for a department to dole out ten thousand for a bogus lawsuit then fight it in court regardless of any wrongdoing at all. The lawyers know this and that is the reason for the increase. The reason they have mace and tazers now is so cops can avoid hand to hand defense. They are considered less force in my state.

I could go on and on but that's it for now. It's articles like this that will kill the supplement industry along with making it more of a crime to juice than shoot up heroin.[/quote]

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I bet LE would be the first people, or close to it, that you would call if your house was broken into, loved one a victim of a violent crime, or so on. If you "hate the police", then you must hate what America stands for. Hate organizations that enforces the laws that are voted in by you, the people to uphold and enforce? If it's so bad, try moving to a different country where anarchy is tolerated. I'm not saying what we have is perfect, but it beats any other country, imo.

Oh...and almost every city has a violent crime problem. You just hear more about it in LA and NY due to the sheer numbers in volume there. Anytime you have a large population such as they do, the numbers will be higher, but not necessarily the percentages, or per capita numbers.

brogers

Awards
  • Established
I completely disagree, America stands for freedom. Although police are intended to preserve our rights, for the average citizen, they are nothing more than a nuisance and if anything, interfere with our freedoms. The only society that stands for police is a totalitarian state, hardly what our founding fathers intended.

Laws voted in by me..? hardly. As for the organization that enforces them.. well, they aren't exactly the nation's best and brightest, by in large.

Discretion has little meaning to them, whether it be using a taser gun on a six year old, breaking a man's neck while throwing him to the ground for an OPEN CONTAINER, or throwing people in jail for walking off a restaurant premises with an alcoholic drink. The broken neck occurred in my home town and the latter is a frequent thing here.

Yes, I'm generalizing, but people give them far too much slack because they supposedly "protect our lives.." everytime I hear something like that I want to throw up.

Anyway, the only point is, why should someone who is violating the law in one aspect be allowed to enforce another part of it? It undermines the credibility of an already pathetic system.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
As far as I'm concerned, I say they train them on AAS and lifting,etc...then provide it to them!
I want them to have as many benefits as possible...since they are protecting my tail and all.

Tell me about it...

What if a cop has a confrontation with someone far supperior to his physical stature? Cops should be able to get all the advantages they can.

So you hate the POLICE but you want the POLICE to crack down on the roids? Sure.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
cops enforce the laws, they don't make them. accidents happen with any profession. a job that's as versatile and demanding as a police officer doesn't have the benefit of training for every situation. if a kid points a gun at you, what would you do? bet your ass would pucker up real quick while a million scenarios run through your head in the blink of an eye. by and large, the cops do their job, and do it well. JMO

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
and if it were up to me, all military personnel and LE should have the option of running at least test. if you're battling some fucked up PCP addict, it's gonna take more than a nightstick to stop his ass.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
and if it were up to me, all military personnel and LE should have the option of running at least test. if you're battling some fucked up PCP addict, it's gonna take more than a nightstick to stop his ass.
:goodpost:

Werd!

YoungNJacked

Banned
Awards
I am gunna be a cop, and you better believe I am gunna juice up the ying yang. I am not about to risk getting my ass beat down when I could be strong as hell and run down people faster.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Discretion has little meaning to them, whether it be using a taser gun on a six year old, breaking a man's neck while throwing him to the ground for an OPEN CONTAINER, or throwing people in jail for walking off a restaurant premises with an alcoholic drink. The broken neck occurred in my home town and the latter is a frequent thing here.
I only wish they would use a taser gun on a six year old where I live. As a person who just had their Jeep broken into AGAIN this morning (smashed window - adds up), I am 100% AGAINST any leeway for juveniles. Kid criminals are getting younger and younger because they know that nothing happens to them. If I had the chance to vote, I would make it perfectly legal to taser ANYONE, regardless of age, who BROKE into my Jeep or home. Although it's not the 6 year old I worry about, but rather the 12 - 17 year old group. 6 year olds should be in bed when it's nighttime anyways.

Question - leaving a restaurant premise with an alcholic drink is a frequent thing where you live? No offence, but it does not sound like these people are the sharpest minds at work. The first offence can be chalked up to ignorance of the law. The second offence can be chalked up to ... uhm, not hearing about the guy who got his neck broken for doing it. The 3rd and subsequent offences can only be blamed on stupidity.

roadsidejustice

Awards
Someone asked if I juice. I have taken m1t once (all water in my opinion) and SD twice. I have never been to the dark side.

People like broger do not bother me anymore. The "average" person has very little contact with the police and if they do they requested police services.

I am not sure what I think about making it legal for cops to juice. I do not neccessarily buy the argument that it is a "tool of the trade" and that cops take it for that reason. Most cops are type A personalities and many are former athletes. The cops that juice probably would juice regardless of their career choice.

I have been on the job for over 12 years. I have only lifted consistently for two, two year stints, 10 yrs ago and the last two years. I lift because I enjoy it. I don't lift so I can kick some $hitbum's ass if he gives me a problem. Good academy training, knowledge, and command presence has kept me safe.

If those don't cut it than yes, they will deal with the 19" clubs or the 100lb Shepherd.....but it hasn't happened yet, and hopefully never will.

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
I remember seeing these two police guys being thrown around like they were rag dolls, I think I was in my late teens. I remember both of the officers were less than 5"10 and they look like the average non-athletic guy on the street. I have to say they were around 140 to 160 pounds. The suspect was 6 feet and around 230 to 250 pounds and muscular built. It was a comedy show to me, to see those two officers trying to wrestle that guy down to the ground.

Oh yeah, they didn't get him down to the ground. He threw both of them to the ground and climbed a wall and ran. I remember my crew at the time was choking with laughter and so was I.

It's nothing more pathetic than to see a police officer being thrown around like a rag doll.

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
I remember seeing these two police guys being thrown around like they were rag dolls, I think I was in my late teens. I remember both of the officers were less than 5"10 and they look like the average non-athletic guy on the street. I have to say they were around 140 to 160 pounds. The suspect was 6 feet and around 230 to 250 pounds and muscular built. It was a comedy show to me, to see those two officers trying to wrestle that guy down to the ground.

Oh yeah, they didn't get him down to the ground. He threw both of them to the ground and climbed a wall and ran. I remember my crew at the time was choking with laughter and so was I. :icon_lol:

It's nothing more pathetic than to see a police officer being thrown around like a rag doll.

RockMam

Awards
haha omg cops have been taking roids for years haha and now its news. Lucky ass ronnie coleman when he got caught with all those steroids in his moms mail box and everything got forgotten because hes a cop haha

biker340

Awards
Cops don't need to take steriods.. Now that they have the Taser.....

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
I have no problem with cops taking steroids, just the ones that take them and THEN bust somebody else for doing it. Any cop using should look the other way if he comes across someone else that has them.

Gokmog

Gokmog

Awards
let's also keep in mind what various medical and governmental organizations opinions were on the scheduling of steroids. before they were finally scheduled. not after.

i would prefer my cops to be as powerful and as safe as possible. there are many kinds of steroids, with different effects on our state of mind. i want good cops to use it well, at their discretion. i agree with previous posters.. good education and assistance from within the department.

they are putting their lives on the line for our safety. doesn't that mean something?

longtom74

Awards
so I take it, drug tests for cops don't include juice?

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
I dont know about you, but all the cops around me are fat lard asses that could not take down a 12 year old on crutches!!
:burger:

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
Drug test for most people do not include Gear. I was a test cordinator for the marine corps for over 5 years. Not once did I run a test for Gear. One, cause I wanted to do it myself and thought the mentioning it could possibly do damage to myself in the future. That is not why it is not tested for more frequently. I dont know for everyone, but for us (marine corps) it costs under .60$ per bottle to test for Pot, coke, herion and E. The most commonly used recreational drug. To test for Gear it would have cost us 152$ per bottle. That made it really a non-realistic option. We tested over 1000 people 2 times a month for 12 months. That is alot of money Vs the 60cents for other drugs.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
I am gunna be a cop, and you better believe I am gunna juice up the ying yang. I am not about to risk getting my ass beat down when I could be strong as hell and run down people faster.
Be carefull what up post when you have a pic in your avator. :blink:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No kidding and since most police agencies require a poly, you would do well to keep yourself clean in the meantime :)

As far as the guy bashing all cops. it's just another person ignorant of what goes on around them. Not everyone who is a cop does the job like he should just like not every doctor etc does. Doesn't mean they are all out to get you and taser you and break your neck.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have no problem with cops taking steroids, just the ones that take them and THEN bust somebody else for doing it. Any cop using should look the other way if he comes across someone else that has them.
LMFAO! Did you hit the crack pipe before you made this post or what?

What purpose does that serve then, if we let the cops juice so that they can "have the upper hand" when they are in physical encounters? You want them to "look the other way" when they run across a citizin who has juice, and who could potentially be a criminal who's going to kick their ass in a week after a robbery because he has MORE juice...

That's fighting fire with fire and defies any sense of logic that has been established up to this point. Basically, what you should have said dude, is, "legalize steroids" :toofunny:

delta314

Awards
  • Established
Next time someone's wife or daughter is being molested or their home is being invaded, or their child is missing, or any number of reasons, call brogers, he'll handle it.....:FUfinger:

longtom74

Awards
Does anybody know if hair tests pick up on esters or AAS compounds? Or does same rules apply with the piss test? Just keeping those career options open.

mywetnightmares

Kyra Gracie= my future wife
Awards
  • Established
It won't pick up test or DHT but it will pick up the esters because the esters aren't natural substances.

longtom74

Awards
but just the ester? not the compound itself? ahhh love biochem.:icon_lol: So say deca, only the decanate ester shows the the metabolite?

mywetnightmares

Kyra Gracie= my future wife
Awards
  • Established
With something like nandralone they might get suspicious even if there's no ester. It's usually present in people in such small quantities that it might naturally not be found in detectable amounts in hair. If one were to use something such as tren however you'd definitely pop because tren isn't a natural hormone. So basically you could use test base in a transdermal and you wouldn't have to worry about detection.

longtom74

Awards
but they have to test specifically for aas even in hair....

brogers

Awards
  • Established
Next time someone's wife or daughter is being molested or their home is being invaded, or their child is missing, or any number of reasons, call brogers, he'll handle it.....:FUfinger:
Yes of course, let's take some extreme examples like that, because we all know it happens so often. I suppose if my wife/daughter is being molested I'll just say to the guy "hold on please, I'm gonna call the cops they will take care of this, will you please wait until they get here" and not take any action myself. I'm willing to bet the police force has stopped ZERO molestations in progress. Of course you'll argue "Oh they arrest people afterwards" this is true, but the DA is responsible for actually putting them away.

The fact is, in most towns, cops spend more time writing speeding tickets and arresting people for posession of drugs. And the hypocrisy of a police officer using a controlled substance, but then arresting countless drug users, is something people should not be ok with, it should be condemned.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Anyone catch the part about the cop weighing 185 and looking "cartoonish" LOL Sorry,185 is not very big, you should not have a huge ego weighing that. Nothing wrong with that weight at all, Im just saying, there is nothing cartoonish about it. Its achievable naturally. I dont think many of the cops are eating right or lifting right if they are weighing 160.

delta314

Awards
  • Established
Yes of course, let's take some extreme examples like that, because we all know it happens so often. I suppose if my wife/daughter is being molested I'll just say to the guy "hold on please, I'm gonna call the cops they will take care of this, will you please wait until they get here" and not take any action myself. I'm willing to bet the police force has stopped ZERO molestations in progress. Of course you'll argue "Oh they arrest people afterwards" this is true, but the DA is responsible for actually putting them away.

The fact is, in most towns, cops spend more time writing speeding tickets and arresting people for posession of drugs. And the hypocrisy of a police officer using a controlled substance, but then arresting countless drug users, is something people should not be ok with, it should be condemned.
Where are you getting your facts on the amount of time spent making drug arrests and writing citations? Once again you are giving "opinion", not facts. And how can you compare steroids to other drugs like crack cocaine, heroin, etc... Looks like you must have had a few tickets, and now you want to badmouth the police. As far you betting how many molestations have been stopped, you are already incorrect. I pulled a 19 yo bm off a 14 yo wf while busting a crack house, so you lost that bet already. As far as ticket writing, I ride 6 watch, that's 6pm -6am. The most tickets I've written in a 5 day cycle is about 12. I don't write speeding tickets unless they are 10 mph over the posted limit. Most of my tickets are DUI, and they result in an arrest. I take great pride in helping people and doing the best job I can each day. I understand that you are not going to sit around waiting for the police to come when you can take matters inot your own hand. But one of those DUI arrests just might have been the vehicle that would have slammed inot your wife and child while you wern't there to protect them. And I've been to quite a few crime scenes where the guy that took matters into his own hands was riding away in the ambulance.

I'm 49 years old, 6', 210lbs. and I don't do steroids. Not because I wouldn't like to, but because they are illegal.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
^^^ good post :) And thanks for doing what you do. I would not want to have to be constantly in contact with the scum that you deal with day to day. I don't think I could pull a punk off a little girl like that without putting the serious hurtin on him. Keep up the good fight man.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Where are you getting your facts on the amount of time spent making drug arrests and writing citations? Once again you are giving "opinion", not facts. And how can you compare steroids to other drugs like crack cocaine, heroin, etc... Looks like you must have had a few tickets, and now you want to badmouth the police. As far you betting how many molestations have been stopped, you are already incorrect. I pulled a 19 yo bm off a 14 yo wf while busting a crack house, so you lost that bet already. As far as ticket writing, I ride 6 watch, that's 6pm -6am. The most tickets I've written in a 5 day cycle is about 12. I don't write speeding tickets unless they are 10 mph over the posted limit. Most of my tickets are DUI, and they result in an arrest. I take great pride in helping people and doing the best job I can each day. I understand that you are not going to sit around waiting for the police to come when you can take matters inot your own hand. But one of those DUI arrests just might have been the vehicle that would have slammed inot your wife and child while you wern't there to protect them. And I've been to quite a few crime scenes where the guy that took matters into his own hands was riding away in the ambulance.

I'm 49 years old, 6', 210lbs. and I don't do steroids. Not because I wouldn't like to, but because they are illegal.
:clap2:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bout damn time someone chimed in with something good to say. Thanks Delta.

Seems everyone thinks all we do is write speeding tickets and harass people. I'd go into stories of my own but it would go on deaf ears. I think yours provides ample proof of what we're trying to say.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
What if the cop is a rappist? or a pedafile?

I like the concept of supercops running around but it is never something that will be legalized until it is legal for everyone. And when the cop is a **** head doing something wrong then strength will end up being a curse to society rather than a blessing.

also my neighbor is a cop and he cant count on both hands the RAPES IN PROGRESS that he has stopped.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bout damn time someone chimed in with something good to say. Thanks Delta.

Seems everyone thinks all we do is write speeding tickets and harass people. I'd go into stories of my own but it would go on deaf ears. I think yours provides ample proof of what we're trying to say.
I think it would be intersting to hear some of the stories that the cops on this board have. I have always been interesting in that line of work and held it as a possible area for me to go in. Im sure others would be interested to hear some of the stuff that cops do besides writting tickets. Maybe this would be an good thread to start.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree, steroids shouldn't be legal for cops unless they are legal for everyone else and I still feel that they shouldn't be allowed simply because the lack of information and the abuse would be detrimental to the police force as a whole.

Personally though, I like to lift weights because it makes me feel good just like running for a runner does. It isn't to get the edge on anybody. Your best defense is being street smart, keep alert, use your training and don't fall into relax mode. You can be super cop all jacked up on AAS and if you don't use the above then all those muscles are going to do it cause the people that are carrying you in the casket to work harder.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
Just because one in a hundred cops may be corrupt doesnt mean that all of them are as some members think. If all cops were actually the way some members describe them then america would cease to be.
But what does piss me off is how loyal people are to the cops that are corrupt or make a mistake. Admit that that one cop in particular did **** up and move on. Dont stereotype all cops as ass holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.