tax on those under 18 - AnabolicMinds.com

tax on those under 18

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member

tax on those under 18

Background- So im chillin with some of my boys in my local SubWay and I order a foot long tuna for 4.99. I have exactly 5 bucks, so I figure im ok. It comes to 5 and change. First off, I thought there was no tax on food, second....

I was thinking...

Since those of us under 18 cant vote, we shouldnt have to pay taxes, including sales tax. Why? We can't vote for our leaders, and that is taxation with out representation.

2. New Member

yea i completely agree...our govt is very screwy when it comes to age. I mean you can go to war and drive multimillion dollar tanks when your 18....you can own a house at 18.... your legally an adult at 18 ..yet you cant go to the bar and get a beer or gamble your hard earned money lol.
  3. dsl
    officially an adult

Quote Originally Posted by davisville64
    Background- So im chillin with some of my boys in my local SubWay and I order a foot long tuna for 4.99. I have exactly 5 bucks, so I figure im ok. It comes to 5 and change. First off, I thought there was no tax on food, second....
    I think the no tax only applies to certain staple foods like veggies and meat, not fast food. And I agree, I could get shipped off to Iraq if we had the draft, but it's like the world is coming to an end if I want to get into a bar.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Oh deal with it. Write your congressman and bitch at him because we don't want to hear it.

5. dsl
    officially an adult

Hey, Screw you guys!!! I'm going home!!!! (said w/ my best cartman impression)
  6. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    Oh deal with it. Write your congressman and bitch at him because we don't want to hear it.

My congressman is a ***

I wrote him about DHEA- no responce

Wrote him about the steroid controll act- got wicked gay responce that was sent to me like 2 mins after I emailed him so it was obvioulsy computer generated and didnt talk about crap but how it was going to "protect america"
  7. Registered User

what kind of system would that be? no tax under 18? wtf?

parents would have their sons/daughter buying everything in freakin sight. no one over 18 would buy anything.

and places of business that make the food there have tax, due to the person who just made your sandwich.

no tax under 18... haha
  8. CDB

You're not just paying for the food, but the service of the store. Sandwich doesn't make itself in other words. The government is very screwy with age. However, sales tax is the best of taxes, which is to say the not so bad as all others. It's harder to hide costs when they're translated into a sales tax, which is one of the major reasons there is no federal sales tax.
  9. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer
    what kind of system would that be? no tax under 18? wtf?

parents would have their sons/daughter buying everything in freakin sight. no one over 18 would buy anything.

and places of business that make the food there have tax, due to the person who just made your sandwich.

no tax under 18... haha

I'm glad you find it funny. What if you were in the possition of our 4 fathers, paying tax w/no rep. in government. Isn't that one of the major reasons we fought for our independance?
  10. Professional Member

Taxation of someone of a younger age avoids a free rider issue. A sales tax is a very easy way to limit a free rider problem.
  11. Registered User

I'm glad you find it funny. What if you were in the possition of our 4 fathers, paying tax w/no rep. in government. Isn't that one of the major reasons we fought for our independance?
    dude, i was under 18 once in my life also dont think i dont know what its like.

and i dont want to get into a big political talk about this but currently you living under your parents and they technically represent you. they cast your vote. there is representation.

but this is still funny, youre talking like your rights are being violated in some way. everyone goes through this, youre not the only one.
  12. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer
    dude, i was under 18 once in my life also dont think i dont know what its like.

and i dont want to get into a big political talk about this but currently you living under your parents and they technically represent you. they cast your vote. there is representation.
    So this is a republic not a democracy?
  13. Anabolic Innovations Owner

Davisville, screw those guys I agree. And if you are under 18 years old shouldn't PAY taxes on income either

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  14. Registered User

So this is a republic not a democracy?
    founded as a republic and not a pure democracy.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.

Thanks NAteDOG...

Good lord, to think that @ 15 I was livin on my own, had 2 jobs, rent, utilities, a car ( I was the only one who drove to 9th grade), insurance, doctor bills, and taxes.

Now @ 17, you are worried about tax at freakin Subway...your joking right? Oh and the steroid control act should really be a pressing issue for someone your age...hmmm and he gave you a
    wicked gay responce
    what a big surprise. I wonder why steroids get sucha a bad rap?

Geeze, now go play your nintendo.
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.

Not to mention, a lot of 17 year olds are a drain on our economy. We need to pay for your schools, and no your subway tax doesn't pay for that. The 2200.00 I just mailed off this morning for property taxes does. We need to pay for grafitti removal, not saying you in peticular but most vandalism is done by kids, we need to pay for a lot of stuff that is for the Kids, like you.

So anyways thanks for pitching in your .56 CENTS. I for one really apreciate it.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by refrieddreams
    Thanks NAteDOG...

Good lord, to think that @ 15 I was livin on my own, had 2 jobs, rent, utilities, a car ( I was the only one who drove to 9th grade), insurance, doctor bills, and taxes.
    Right on. My wife was emancipated at 14 and was living on her own with a child while working and eventually went on to get her degree in pre-med. Strong woman.
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.

Nice...
  19. Senior Member

This is neither a democracy or a republic, it's a facist oligarchy, the corporate control of the public in a few hundred hands.

The two party/one choice of big government system won't change until economic turmoil, tax revolt or armed insurrection hits hard, the second choice is the easiest and least likely. I love talking politics, but I've wised up,this business savvy and politically retarded nation of fear has forced me and my kind undercover.

I just probably killed this thread, I often do, rock on.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Could always be worse brother. I'm proud to be a part of the greatest nation in the world.
  21. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by natedogg
    Could always be worse brother. I'm proud to be a part of the greatest nation in the world.
    "I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I am free"
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

I was thinking...

Since those of us under 18 cant vote, we shouldnt have to pay taxes, including sales tax. Why? We can't vote for our leaders, and that is taxation with out representation.
    The gov't isn't charging YOU sales tax. Its charging the business owner. The business owner carries the cost over to you.

HOWEVER, for workers under 18 you shouldn't have to lose any money from your paycheck because the gov't says so, considering you don't have many citizen rights.

Good post.
  23. New Member

Thanks NAteDOG...

Now @ 17, you are worried about tax at freakin Subway...your joking right? Oh and the steroid control act should really be a pressing issue for someone your age...hmmm and he gave you a what a big surprise. I wonder why steroids get sucha a bad rap?

Geeze, now go play your nintendo.
    First off, your taking this way too personal.

Second, I know I have it a lot easier than a lot of other people. But what does you living on your own at 15 have anything to do with taxation w/o representation.

3- What does the steroid controll act have to do with me? Well what do special needs kids have to do with me? Nothing. I still support kids at school with disabuilites in an after school exercise program. Just because it doesnt harm me directly doesnt mean I cant have input. And because I have to pay taxes, I should be able to have a say

4- I never told the guy I wrote to my age, because that doesn't matter. The responce I got was almost the SAME EXACT responce my unlce (a steroid user) wrote. I can then say that it was computer generated and I'm willing to bet he didnt even read it.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Yeah, refried used a very poor analogy. Its a principal matter not a comparison between two situations.
  25. New Member

"I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I am free"
    Im proud to be an american too, one of the reasons why is because I have the right to protest. This thread is just that, its not an attack on anyone like some of us are taking it...
  26. New Member

Not to mention, a lot of 17 year olds are a drain on our economy. We need to pay for your schools, and no your subway tax doesn't pay for that. The 2200.00 I just mailed off this morning for property taxes does. We need to pay for grafitti removal, not saying you in peticular but most vandalism is done by kids, we need to pay for a lot of stuff that is for the Kids, like you.

So anyways thanks for pitching in your .56 CENTS. I for one really apreciate it.
    Nice

How about we increase the tax on blacks because they flood the prison systems while were at it?
  27. New Member

Nice

How about we increase the tax on blacks because they flood the prison systems while were at it?
    That's probably the funniest thing I've heard all day.
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.

First off, your taking this way too personal. .
    OK sorry...

Second, I know I have it a lot easier than a lot of other people. But what does you living on your own at 15 have anything to do with taxation w/o representation. .
    I was just amazed that this is what you are worried about, I mean come on this is your reality? At your age, you should have a bit more weighing issues IMO.

3- What does the steroid controll act have to do with me? Well what do special needs kids have to do with me? Nothing. I still support kids at school with disabuilites in an after school exercise program. Just because it doesnt harm me directly doesnt mean I cant have input. And because I have to pay taxes, I should be able to have a say .
    Of course you have a say, and what taxes are you paying? Sales tax on a sandwich?

4- I never told the guy I wrote to my age, because that doesn't matter. The responce I got was almost the SAME EXACT responce my unlce (a steroid user) wrote. I can then say that it was computer generated and I'm willing to bet he didnt even read it.
    Are you surprised? You think he sits around all day reading emails from drug users, and high school kids? God I hope not...
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    Yeah, refried used a very poor analogy. Its a principal matter not a comparison between two situations.
    I wasn't drawing an anaology at all actually.
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.

Nice

Did you guys say soemthing about "Poor anaolgies"
  31. Board Sponsor

Davisville...

I hope you are kidding or being sarcastic, because, that came from ****ing left field, no race was even mentioned, so wtf? I try not to take **** personal but that was uncalled for.
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.

You mean that you're black, and not a criminal??

I agree, that was uncalled for man. Don't take it personal though.
  33. Board Sponsor

refrieddreams i can always look for a great response from you. Yes, I am black and not been incarcerated. I am cool now, just have to realize that not everybody can stick to topics at hand. I had read the thread at first and decided not to comment, i hate taxes more than the next person, but as 17 year old you are represented by your parents, and i figured it was a young guy who was disgruntled about paying a lil extra on some Subway. Obviously by his analogies he is young and ill give him a pass on his inexeperience of living past his moms tit, and his dad's wallet.
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.

Yeah, who cares he's just a kid.

Thanks for the kind words too, some people don't "get" me, but you seem to.
  35. Elite Member

It amazes me how that Davis can go from being a very mature 17 year old to a total ass in less than 2 posts.. Davis.. for the last time, think before you post..
  36. New Member

Angry

AND

{I WAS GOING TO GO OFF ON YOU BUT I CHECKED YOUR AGE}

If you didn't know...taxes pay for the public services THAT YOU USE. Your tax dollars also pay the salaries of public workers and public buildings.

Hmmm, like the firemen, policemen, mailman, teachers, public sewer workers, military, schools, library, FEMA, and etc.

also

I could not help to notice the black football player you choose as your picture.

Nice

37. Board Sponsor

yeah qyck i was going to say something about the football players in his avatar. But its cool, i am glad you stuck to the issue, ya didnt stoop down to his level.
  38. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.

Good post QR
  39. New Member

Are you surprised? You think he sits around all day reading emails from drug users, and high school kids? God I hope not...
    Well were supposed to believe that he does.
  40. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Apowerz6
    Davisville...

I hope you are kidding or being sarcastic, because, that came from ****ing left field, no race was even mentioned, so wtf? I try not to take **** personal but that was uncalled for.
    What refried said was prejudice, so was what I said. Why is everyone freaking out on me and not him?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-11-2008, 08:01 PM
  2. Risk of under 18 using AX/LX ?
    By BRADEN51 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 08:35 PM
  3. Do Americans have to pay taxes on supps?
    By Puzzle in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2007, 09:26 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 11:12 AM