Cops Looting in New Orelans

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I do know that some cops appeared to be looting but were infact trying to get supplies for a near by hospital. I don't know if these are the same ones.

powerlifter6920

New Orleans is one of the most corrupt law enforcement agencies in the nation. The city doesn't pay them jack **** so they don't attract quality personnel.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
New Orleans is one of the most corrupt law enforcement agencies in the nation. The city doesn't pay them jack **** so they don't attract quality personnel.
i'm under that impression, just hearing the police "talk" (it's speak) tells me that.

There are a lot that do give a **** though, and they should be given medals for their efforts - successful or not.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was watching a segment where they showed a section of NO that was relatively unaffected by Katrina. Many of the people didn't evacuate but are perfectly fine. They have power and running water and most have enough bottled water to last several months.

The thing is, despite the fact that section is peaceful and under control, the police still come by and demand that those people evacuate. Why?

So the police can loot. The folks in the area said that their neighbors who DID evacuate had their homes looted by the cops not long after the storm subsided, and the people that have left since then have had their homes looted by cops within hours after leaving.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately there will always be the few who are able to get hired as a police officer who have low morals and should never have been hired. It's the actions of those few who end up giving police officers a bad name, and causes law enforcement to try and heal its "black eye" it receives from their actions. Mostly a problem with much larger agencies, and agencies that don't pay enough for the person to live day-to-day. However, that is not an excuse by any means.

Last edited:

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Louisiana in general has been known in the past for having higher than average government corruption and law enforcement corruption. New Orleans has higher than average corruption for Louisiana.