Animal rights people out of controll

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian
    I'm telling you, not just spare parts. MEAT! Although, you can strip the organs and still be left with plenty of muscle and tender juicy fat to cook. Mmmmmm, fetuses ....
    I have no doubt its tender but how much meat can you harvest?

Plus stripping the fetus for blood, tissue, bone, skin is probably alot more than a good meal. Eat a puppy instead..now puppies mmmmmmmm slurp!

2. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and a joke is a joke, and meant to make people laugh. I personally dont think this is funny...and you are out of line.

IMO - youre offending more people than you are making laugh.

If you truly believe what youre saying here...I only wish your mother and father felt the same way you do. This is not a flame here. Personally I have 4 children of my own, and I would die on the spot for any one of them. But thats just my choice.

no reply to this is needed. and to flame each other would be a waste of time. we can just agree to disagree.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by AGELESS
    Everybody is entitled to their opinion and a joke is a joke, and meant to make people laugh. I personally dont think this is funny...and you are out of line.

IMO - youre offending more people than you are making laugh.

If you truly believe what youre saying here...I only wish your mother and father felt the same way you do. This is not a flame here. Personally I have 4 children of my own, and I would die on the spot for any one of them. But thats just my choice.

no reply to this is needed. and to flame each other would be a waste of time. we can just agree to disagree.
    Oh now who's being silly.

Not everyone laughs at dark humor so you are entitled to your distaste. This was something along the lines of "A Modest Proposal." A lot of folks mistakenly thought that Swift was actually being truthful. Then again, a lot of people thought Gulliver's Travels was a factual account as well.

To clarify because some didn't get the sarcasm, it would absolutely ridiculous to say babies should be "abortable" up until birth. My real opinion is that once a baby reaches the point where it could actually be delivered (prematurely) and survive, it should only be legal to abort it under these circumstances:

1) It is dead or dieing anyway
    2) It is risking the life of the mother

4. I didn't really find your humor funny, so I chose to ignore it. For those unfamiliar with A Modest Proposal, here's a little info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Modest_Proposal

As for the other argument, I saw that you were being sarcastic, particularly when you mentioned aborting already born children (which I would call retroactive abortion). I just love to argue.

/karp

5. It's an interesting issue. For me it always comes down to self sovereingty. Not just for women, but for anyone their body is their property and they are the final word on wha goes on in there, whether it's to carry a baby to term, to use recreational drugs, to get implants, to use steroids, whatever. The issue of abortion is more charged because it's very arguable that an innocent life is about to be harmed by the actions of another. It really comes down to whether or not a woman should have the option to essentially evict the fetus from her body even if it means certain death for the fetus. Some people are hardcore property rights people who would say yes, some are more swayed by the moral, ethical and legal problems they see in the situation because, whether the mother has the right or not is basically contingent on whether or not her exercising that right will adversly affect someone else's right to do the same. To put it another way, suppose the kid 'wants' to live and we just have no way of asking him. It all hinges on the legal status of the fetus it seems. Personally I find abortion disgusting, especially late term abortions, but I wouldn't interfere with most current laws as they seem to strike a happy medium between both points of view: choice to a reasonable point.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Appetite is out of control, is there something wrong with me?
    By IronMarc in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-14-2013, 07:45 PM
  2. Out of control gyno
    By freqfly in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 05:43 PM
  3. The Chris Bennoit speculation is out of Control
    By BigJimCalhoun in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 03:14 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2007, 07:29 PM
  5. Obesity In Kids and Adults alike is getting so out of control.
    By Fun2Train in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-29-2007, 06:27 PM