History Test How high can you score ???

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
HISTORY TEST
Please pause a moment, reflect back, and take the following multiple choice test. The events are actual cuts from past history.
They actually happened!!!

Do you remember?
1. In 1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by a. Superman b. Jay Lenno c. Harry Potter d. Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40

2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by a. Olga Corbett b. Sitting Bull c. Arnold Schwarzenegger d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by:
a. Lost Norwegians
b. Elvis
c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

4. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:
a. John Dillinger
b. The King of Sweden
c. The Boy Scouts
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:
a A pizza delivery boy
b. Pee Wee Herman
c. Geraldo Rivera

6. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:
a. The Smurfs
b Davy Jones
c. The Little Mermaid

7. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:
a. Captain Kidd
b. Charles Lindberg
c. Mother Teresa

8. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:
a. Scooby Doo
b. The Tooth Fairy
c. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid

9. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:
a. Richard Simmons
b. Grandma Moses
c. Michael Jordan

10. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:
a. Mr. Rogers
b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill's women problems c. The World Wrestling Federation d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

11. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers.Thousands of people were killed by:
a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd b. The Supreme Court of Florida c. Mr. Bean d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

12. In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
a. Enron
b. The Lutheran Church
c. The NFL

13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:
a. Bonnie and Clyde
b. Captain Kangaroo
c. Billy Graham

Nope, .....I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you?

So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people. They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents who are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winning and former Governor Joe Foss, but leave Muslim Males between the ages 17 and 40 alone because of profiling.

Mrs. Gimpy

Mrs. Gimpy

Awards
So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people.

but leave Muslim Males between the ages 17 and 40 alone because of profiling.
OOO that just makes me seeth with anger.........people can be sooo irratating. maybe im a cold person, but profile all you want!! if you wanted to profile me bc my type of people have a history of being "dangerous" then fine by me!! peoples feelings......worrying about their feelings will get more people killed eventually. america is so advanced in so many ways and then they go and do SENSELESS things like this crap, racial quotas in colleges.....etc.....

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Oh we can't do that Crowler, it would be too disrespectful if we target a group which has publicly waged a war against us through the use of terrorism and has already killed innocent civillians. BTW, don't you know we have real issues to worry about, like people using steroids ? :rolleyes:

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Yeah dude I am a hugggggge patriot and that type of **** pisses me off too. It is the same thing about how people bitch that the NSA can listen to their mobile conversations, read their e-mails, etc. But **** if that didn't happen they wouldn't be able to catch half the people they do. There is something called trade off and until people start realizing that to have the security they expect they to make some trade offs to do so. It is all a proportion. As you increase security you have to decrease your freedoms. You don't have to go too crazy with giving up freedoms but cmon do you really think the NSA is going to have "fun" reading e-mails from you to your friends?

Believe it or not the NSA has supercomputers powerful enough to listen to every phone call in the continental US and if they have a voice that is profiled already into the computer they can pick out where that person is calling from as soon as they make a call. It also listens for keywords. If you use words like kill, president, bush, assassinate, etc. in your phone conversation it sets that convo aside and then goes to another stage of testing where it will listen to stress levels in yoru voice etc. and keeps moving up the ladder until they can determine whether its a threat or not. It is simply amazing technology these days.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
The latest move by the crazies....after the london bombings, NYC officials started to have random searches in the rail stations, etc. Well...uhh...the NYLU (branch of ACLU) is suing NYC for searching people who are using public transportation..... *sigh*

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
HISTORY TEST
Please pause a moment, reflect back, and take the following multiple choice test. The events are actual cuts from past history.
They actually happened!!!....
Hey CROWLER, i scored a zero...yeah...my teachers never showed me the D option and just said they were trick questions....now I get it!

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
I am definitely not as rightwing or patriotic as you guys, but in this case i have you agree with you guys. Profiling, though definitely not a american idealogy, pragmatically is a must in this case. If its ONLY muslims commiting the crimes then random searches are a waste of time and money. I dont however think we should go any further than this, we dont want another round of McCarthyism.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I am definitely not as rightwing or patriotic as you guys, but in this case i have you agree with you guys. Profiling, though definitely not a american idealogy, pragmatically is a must in this case. If its ONLY muslims commiting the crimes then random searches are a waste of time and money. I dont however think we should go any further than this, we dont want another round of McCarthyism.
Good to see you can agree with us on some points :D

Racial profiling is a "common sense" approach to addressing an issue. I just don't see how its unjustified to be concerned about person X because he's acting suspiciosly and is of Y and Z attributes...attributes of a people of which A% of the population has committed B crime.

I always laugh at any of my "ghettofabulous" friends or colleagues who may happen to drive nice cars, because they always bitch about cops and people looking at them funny, etc. I just say.....dont blame the cop, he didn't make the statistics the way they are. Blame the people who look, act, and dress like you for stealing cars...:lol:

Same goes for our muslim friends...I'm sorry this is happening if you're a good person, but please be understanding. Our choices are fairly limited and being PC about everything will only cost lives.

And, UT, I woulnd't call myself "right wing"....I'm morein the bottom-right-hand corner :)

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Well I think McCarthyism is a lil different. That was more ridding the government of red spies. I mean this is more like the times after the attach on Pearl Harbor. I mean I am glad to see that we didn't put all the Muslims in concentration camps as we did with the Japanese but I do think we need to take it further than we are. In todays sue everything in sight world, people are overly cautious. Which is amusing considering its the same people who serve on the juries and the same people who sit in the chair as a judge who let these fuckers sue everyone.

davisville64

Awards
Nope, .....I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you?
This politically correct crap we've got going in America is crap. :rant:

Oh, and by the way, I learned today that a 17 year old MALE is charged more than than a 17 year old FEMALE on car insurence. This is no different than kicking black people off the bus, not allowing women to vote, and searching towel heads to make sure they only have towels in those backpacks.

Personally, I become less and less "proud to be an american" every day.

While were on the topic....

Last night me and some of my friends were at the mall. There is this muslim woman infront of us (smelt bad, real bad :sick: ). Anyway, this guy (20 or so) walks in front of her, pretends to caught, and pulls her mask, and runs away. It didnt come off all the way, only her nose came out. I know it sounds awful, but if I hadn't just gone to the bathroom, I would have pissed myself :toofunny:

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Yeah the car insurance thing is no different. They say well statistically guys are in more serious accidents.

Well statistically these fuckers are more likely to commit terrorist acts. We see it on the news everyday. Does that mean hate on them? BY ALL MEANS NO. But if I were security at the airport I would be more likely to want to check them.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
This politically correct crap we've got going in America is crap. :rant:

Oh, and by the way, I learned today that a 17 year old MALE is charged more than than a 17 year old FEMALE on car insurence. This is no different than kicking black people off the bus, not allowing women to vote, and searching towel heads to make sure they only have towels in those backpacks.

Personally, I become less and less "proud to be an american" every day.

While were on the topic....

Last night me and some of my friends were at the mall. There is this muslim woman infront of us (smelt bad, real bad :sick: ). Anyway, this guy (20 or so) walks in front of her, pretends to caught, and pulls her mask, and runs away. It didnt come off all the way, only her nose came out. I know it sounds awful, but if I hadn't just gone to the bathroom, I would have pissed myself :toofunny:
just cuz I dont want this to become like the "Aid to Africa" thread, I am going to pretend I didnt see this.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
Good to see you can agree with us on some points :D

Racial profiling is a "common sense" approach to addressing an issue. I just don't see how its unjustified to be concerned about person X because he's acting suspiciosly and is of Y and Z attributes...attributes of a people of which A% of the population has committed B crime.

I always laugh at any of my "ghettofabulous" friends or colleagues who may happen to drive nice cars, because they always bitch about cops and people looking at them funny, etc. I just say.....dont blame the cop, he didn't make the statistics the way they are. Blame the people who look, act, and dress like you for stealing cars...:lol:

Same goes for our muslim friends...I'm sorry this is happening if you're a good person, but please be understanding. Our choices are fairly limited and being PC about everything will only cost lives.

And, UT, I woulnd't call myself "right wing"....I'm morein the bottom-right-hand corner :)
agreed, it is quite logical

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
i hate communists.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't say that charging 17 year old males more for car insurance is the same as kicking black people off the bus or not allowing women to vote. It's just not the same level of oppression.

Last edited:
kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
And, t hat's a privatee sector decision. IMHO if a private business owner doesn't want to hire me bacause I'm white and he has an asian restaraunt, that's fine.

Its just whent eh government institutes the racism, its a problem. I don't give a **** about 'quotas' being met and affirmative action is no longer necessary.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
yeah, when was the last time you saw a white (or black) guy preparing sushi in a resturant. :burger:

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
davisville, im muslim and thats very disrespectful.
I know it's the 21st century and people need to get up to date, and i know my grandma doesn't even wear that whole face covering, but there are many people who do it because this is america and they can.

Now to the issue.... Should profiling happen, yes. It's sad because i'm a muslim male, 19 years old, and i'm probably the one getting searched, but unfortunately my race gives me a bad name. I try to live up to be the best american I can be, and obviously I won't be carrying anything illegal on the airport or subway anyway so search away.
If there is profiling, then maybe these idiot EXTREMISTS will all be caught and killed on the spot, and won't give me a bad name.
There is a limit though, like when the Japanese were put in "war relocation camps", thats taking it a step too far. You guys have to realize that there are millions of muslims in america, and 99% of them will have the same view as I do.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
cable, I got to give you props, if a majority of muslims thought like you do then this situation could be resolved alot faster.

I was watching something on the history channel a couple of days ago, I didn't realize but it wasn't only people of japanese origin that were put into camps, there were almost an equal number of Italian americans and quite a large number of germans also. The program also stated that some of them went into the camps of their own accord :blink:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Cable - serious question, I've asked my muslim friends but got mixed answers:

Why doesn't mainstream Islam stand up to the extremists?

i've heard the popular media response, but I want an answer that isn't spun.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
I know it's the 21st century and people need to get up to date, and i know my grandma doesn't even wear that whole face covering, but there are many people who do it because this is america and they can.

Now to the issue.... Should profiling happen, yes. It's sad because i'm a muslim male, 19 years old, and i'm probably the one getting searched, but unfortunately my race gives me a bad name. I try to live up to be the best american I can be, and obviously I won't be carrying anything illegal on the airport or subway anyway so search away.
If there is profiling, then maybe these idiot EXTREMISTS will all be caught and killed on the spot, and won't give me a bad name.
There is a limit though, like when the Japanese were put in "war relocation camps", thats taking it a step too far. You guys have to realize that there are millions of muslims in america, and 99% of them will have the same view as I do.
:goodpost:

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
every muslim website that you visit will denounce terrorist attacks saying basically how that is not part of our religion and we as muslims don't tolerate it.

Whenever there is a religious leader on TV or the radio they will also denounce it.

As for actually standing up to the extremists, I don't know if we've actually gotten up and told them to stop. they know that we don't like it, but continue to do it anyway.

Edit: You're right though deoudes, I do need to stand up and do a little more, but nobody's perfect. it's tough, but you're right, without that "walk the walk" element of muslims going nuts on extremists we're really not getting our point across.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I'm just under the impression that the greater international Muslim community is pretty hush hush on the issue. Perhaps I am wrong.
I just believe they need to do their share before things truly get out of hand. That means not providing either funds or safe haven for the extremists and not downplaying the evil of their crimes to the youth.

I'm certainly not telling you how Islam should be but this is everyone's problem.

and ultimately we need greater Islam on our side.

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
if anyone knows how much the media skews things it's us, so it's hard to get the cold hard facts.
I was reading about how countries, both islamic and non-islamic, are prosecuting Imams (equivalent to a Priest) for conspiring a terrorist attack.
hmm....there's a start!

here's the article, its long and the beginning is boring: http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=19043

im done posting for tonight, i had a long day at six flags lol

Brooklyn

Awards
Profiling right now is necessary, because of our security problems, however one must look at the primary causes behind the problems:

1. The United States consistently causes problems in other countries by its selfish actions in the interest of corporate expansion. Conquering by cultural homogenization is no less a takeover than a military invasion. Plus, we consistently support Israel against its neighbors. Why? There really is no reasonable explanation.

2. Muslim extremism feeds on the United States' well-being. While Muslim government leaders with their multibillion dollar investments in oil live in luxury, most of their people suffer in poverty and igorance. Poverty, ignorance and suffering lead people to extreme measures. These people's primary educators are hard line members of a faith that give them hope of a better life beyond the grave. The stage is set for extremist leaders to make a case against those who are better off and who "oppress" and "vilify" the populace. By railing against the "oppressors" and "sinners" of the U.S. a convenient enemy is forged. Young Muslim boys in these countries see in the U.S decadence, wealth and power and they twist their jealousy through their faith to see it as the devil. Offering a young, confused, sexually frustrated virgin boy 72 virginal women in heaven, matryrdom and wealth for his family sounds like quite a deal.

There is a limit though, like when the Japanese were put in "war relocation camps", thats taking it a step too far.
Oh, FDR would have done worse if he could have gotten away with it, believe me.

Well I think McCarthyism is a lil different. That was more ridding the government of red spies.
And our government was actually filled with Soviet spies. Nobody wanted to believe it, though.

Why doesn't mainstream Islam stand up to the extremists?
Do the mainstream Islamists want to be seen as traitors to their people? If they are mainstream, they likely are not violent. If they support the U.S. they are making themselves targets for the extremists and will likely lose followers in the view of their "betrayal" of the Muslim people. And for what? G.W. isn't going to reward them.

I don't give a **** about 'quotas' being met and affirmative action is no longer necessary.
There is still racism in this country but quotas are a silly way to combat it. Best person for the job is always the best policy. Affirmative Action is a very un-democratic policy. Ensuring equal rights is fine, but stepping on one race to ensure proper treatment for another is discriminatory.

It is the same thing about how people bitch that the NSA can listen to their mobile conversations, read their e-mails, etc. But **** if that didn't happen they wouldn't be able to catch half the people they do.
LOL What does our government really catch? What group of people are really going to prison in increased numbers? Minor drug offenders. The U.S. under Bush is prosecuting more minor drug offenders than ever. Prisons are overfilling with them. What is it, 1 in 4 men will have been through the penal system by 2007? We have made our own people criminals through removing civil liberties with the excuse of increased protection. 9/11 could have been stopped. Our government sat around and focused its attention on drugs instead.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Ben Franklin

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
1. Most of the 'cultural homogenoziation' that is going on is not forced! Its is private sector and it is driven by the people (Pepsi, Nike, MTV, etc.). The only reasonable argument here is if you're referring to our war on non-democratic societies, which is a very maliable issue. People can argue humans rights, national security, etc. I personally say "leave the countries be", but that's me.

There is nothing that the US and the western world has done that every other culture has not attempted!

2. Quite a deal is right, but a problem shoujld not be overlooked because of its root. Ignorance is not an excuse.

3. FDR gets too much credit. The douche sat it out until it was almost too late. That entire era's politicians were lame, too...not as lame as they are now, but still lame. There were responsible for all the death and destruction through their lack of action.

4. True.

5. Poor excuse.

6. Exactly, and affirmative action is part of the racism. Its ridiculous...

7. Good point, great quote. But, something of this sort is necessary now. Franklin didn't live in NOW, so we don't know if his opinion would have changed in this situation. Its a complicated situation and unfortunatley we have douche-bags running the country :(

Ibanez

Awards
"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so.
How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar." -- Julius Caesar

As far as muslims go, the majority are probably against the terrorist attacks. However, you won't see it on cable tv. Searching for Natalee Hollaway is the most important thing to the media. The news is useless now, they don't discuss anything important anymore.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind. And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so.
That is possibly one of the greatest quotes I have ever read.

Brooklyn

Awards
There is nothing that the US and the western world has done that every other culture has not attempted!
The difference is that the U.S. attempts to take the moral high ground and acts as if its actions are benevolent and low-impact. When the Soviets, or the Nazis, or the Romans, or even the Napoleonic French came to town, you knew they meant business. The U.S. tries to act as if adding McDonalds and Wal Mart to every country is enriching them and perfectly normal. Why do you think people hate capitalism? Sure, if something looks good or tastes good and is heavily advertised, people will buy it. There is no corporate responsibility for health or good will. Say what you want about the Nazis but they did not attempt to poison their own people. The entire government structure prewar was based upon making the lives of Germans better, providing them with better health and technology through science. See how Daimler ressurrected Chrysler? It's the lost concept of pride in your work and caring for your fellow man that we as Americans have lost. "Made In America" used to mean something.

"We demand that big business give the people a square deal; in return we must insist that when anyone engaged in big business honestly endeavors to do right he shall himself be given a square deal." - Theodore Roosevelt

2. Quite a deal is right, but a problem shoujld not be overlooked because of its root. Ignorance is not an excuse.
We shouldn't ignore the problem. However, understanding the cause is key to resolving it. It also illustrates how silly it was to invade Iraq. Iraq was one of the most Westernized civilizations in the Middle East. They had more in common with France or Britain than Iran or Syria. But, they were an easy target. Not so easy to maintain order when you're not wanted though, is it? Especially when you have to uphold this wholesome morality that says you can't be hard on these people except when you're bombing them. Why did the Soviet Union last so long? Because every time someone stepped out of line, they were executed in public or sent to Siberia for a worse fate. Saddam at least knew how to control his country, right or wrong.

3. FDR gets too much credit. The douche sat it out until it was almost too late. That entire era's politicians were lame, too...not as lame as they are now, but still lame. There were responsible for all the death and destruction through their lack of action.
Credit? LOL FDR was a plague on American society. He became NY governor through massive vote fraud. He and his New Dealers were Communists and attempted to legislate Marx's Communist Manifesto as the new U.S. policy. He caused Pearl Harbor's destruction to force war with Germany. He believed the U.S. and the Soviet Union should be the two post WWII world superpowers and allied himself with Stalin, causing the Cold War while handing the lives of millions over to that mass-murderer. Those and more are the things I give FDR credit for.

5. Poor excuse.
If you consider that those Soviet spies were responsible for half of our policy decisions for over a decade, it sounds like a pretty good idea to root them out.

6. Exactly, and affirmative action is part of the racism. Its ridiculous...
I think that if there is any program to prevent discrimination in America, it should be corrective, not pre-emptive. Assumption is a major error, and assuming someone who is black or Asian or Hispanic should have preference over a Caucasian is apologist at the least.

7. Good point, great quote. But, something of this sort is necessary now. Franklin didn't live in NOW, so we don't know if his opinion would have changed in this situation. Its a complicated situation and unfortunatley we have douche-bags running the country :(
Well, this is a different time but to me the quote still rings true. I think that we can't say that civil liberties require any further sacrifice until we can declare the War on Drugs, which is a War on the American People, over. When all of our nation's intelligence resources are focused on actual threats to the country and we still cannot root out the plotters and traitors, perhaps then I may concur that we need more sacrifice. In the corrupt state of the government, can one trust that these powers are being used benevolently?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established

As far as muslims go, the majority are probably against the terrorist attacks. However, you won't see it on cable tv. Searching for Natalee Hollaway is the most important thing to the media. The news is useless now, they don't discuss anything important anymore.
Hmmm, it appears Julius Caesar never said that.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/caesar.htm

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
The difference is that the U.S. attempts to take the moral high ground and acts as if its actions are benevolent and low-impact. When the Soviets, or the Nazis, or the Romans, or even the Napoleonic French came to town, you knew they meant business. The U.S. tries to act as if adding McDonalds and Wal Mart to every country is enriching them and perfectly normal. Why do you think people hate capitalism? Sure, if something looks good or tastes good and is heavily advertised, people will buy it. There is no corporate responsibility for health or good will. Say what you want about the Nazis but they did not attempt to poison their own people. The entire government structure prewar was based upon making the lives of Germans better, providing them with better health and technology through science. See how Daimler ressurrected Chrysler? It's the lost concept of pride in your work and caring for your fellow man that we as Americans have lost. "Made In America" used to mean something.

"We demand that big business give the people a square deal; in return we must insist that when anyone engaged in big business honestly endeavors to do right he shall himself be given a square deal." - Theodore Roosevelt
I agree with everything you said here. I was just simply saying we aren't unique in that, given the opportunity, the US would do something like it has (as far as its "influence" on other countries is concerned).

We shouldn't ignore the problem. However, understanding the cause is key to resolving it.
No, its not. But our options are rather limited ATM and treating the root of the problem seems near impossible while the extremist movement is so strong. We've got to smash them--something our lame politicians won't due at the expense of their pawns, aka soldiers. Sad...
It also illustrates how silly it was to invade Iraq. Iraq was one of the most Westernized civilizations in the Middle East. They had more in common with France or Britain than Iran or Syria. But, they were an easy target. Not so easy to maintain order when you're not wanted though, is it?
It was unnecessary, but not stupid in terms of national security. Our actions now that we're there are stupid. Politicizing any war only hurts the soldiers. They need the ability to do their job....to kill. They're not police, they're trained killers and thats what we need. I still maintain that having a military presence in the middle east ain't a bad idea.
Especially when you have to uphold this wholesome morality that says you can't be hard on these people except when you're bombing them. Why did the Soviet Union last so long? Because every time someone stepped out of line, they were executed in public or sent to Siberia for a worse fate. Saddam at least knew how to control his country, right or wrong.
I agree, and its disgusting. This is what happened in Vietnam....although in Vietnam we really shouldn't have been there and wouldn't have been were the Cold War not in its beginning stages. You're an educated guy, so i'm sure you know that 5 years before the war started the US was in Vietnam backing "all" of Vietnam, regardless of the communism movement after they were able to remove the french and the japanese. Cold war loooms, US Wants french support (dunno why???), US helps french regain its manhood by stepping in and helping in vietnam. French get ass kicked again -- like always, and we begin a war that is a political war. Even the french didn't make it a political war.

Credit? LOL FDR was a plague on American society. He became NY governor through massive vote fraud. He and his New Dealers were Communists and attempted to legislate Marx's Communist Manifesto as the new U.S. policy. He caused Pearl Harbor's destruction to force war with Germany. He believed the U.S. and the Soviet Union should be the two post WWII world superpowers and allied himself with Stalin, causing the Cold War while handing the lives of millions over to that mass-murderer. Those and more are the things I give FDR credit for.
Oh, I did'nt mean to imply that you gave FDR credit. People, for some reason, LOVE FDR and alot of the democrats talk about how their democrat FDR stepped up to the plate during WWII....and I think you pretty much covered how much of a douche-bag he really is :D
I think that if there is any program to prevent discrimination in America, it should be corrective, not pre-emptive. Assumption is a major error, and assuming someone who is black or Asian or Hispanic should have preference over a Caucasian is apologist at the least.
Exactly. Its ridiculous the things they are doing right now to white men, just for them being 'white men'. I've had a few local cops and firefighters talk about how they'll separate the whites from the rest of the groups when trying to join because they have to meet quotas. Its retarded....and then it does no good for the minorites that did get accepted because they'll be looked at as an affirmative action benificiary, even if that weren't the case.
Well, this is a different time but to me the quote still rings true. I think that we can't say that civil liberties require any further sacrifice until we can declare the War on Drugs, which is a War on the American People, over. When all of our nation's intelligence resources are focused on actual threats to the country and we still cannot root out the plotters and traitors, perhaps then I may concur that we need more sacrifice. In the corrupt state of the government, can one trust that these powers are being used benevolently?
The war on drugs...ughh........talk about the biggest waste of time, money and manpower ever!

I agree with you here.