Pizza Delivery and the ACLU

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    AgnosticFront's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%

    Pizza Delivery and the ACLU


    http://www.aclu.org/pizza/

    check this out.

  2. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3202
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    7.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    the ACLU is very strange to me. They are an ultra liberal group yet they banter on 'freedom' and less government to attack conservatives (namely Bush). They fight for the rights of convicted terrorists to try and make Bush's life harder. They claim to support minority interests yet fight for the rights of Neo-Nazis to march in Jewish neighborhoods.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  3. New Member
    AgnosticFront's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%

    not to make bush's life harder. dude they have been doin that stuff way before bush... they are the civil liberties union! its not strange. they are fighting for civil liberties.



    Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    the ACLU is very strange to me. They are an ultra liberal group yet they banter on 'freedom' and less government to attack conservatives (namely Bush). They fight for the rights of convicted terrorists to try and make Bush's life harder. They claim to support minority interests yet fight for the rights of Neo-Nazis to march in Jewish neighborhoods.
    •   
       

  4. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3202
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    7.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    there is a lot of spite toward Bush. If Kerry were president I don't think the ACLU would be fighting as hard for the rights of detained terrorists. Just my opinion
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  5. New Member
    AgnosticFront's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    there is a lot of spite toward Bush. If Kerry were president I don't think the ACLU would be fighting as hard for the rights of detained terrorists. Just my opinion
    point taken... but you havn't said anything about the link i posted...
  6. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3202
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    7.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    i personally don't believe it. If the media is a reliable watchdog on the government it would be all over mainstream news. I don't believe the ACLU is a reliable source of... well anything.
    The website is setup to scare people and induce paranoia. Certainly if people become scared that the government is delivering pizza to them, the ACLU will see donations.

    perhaps I'm just an American Idiot and a drone for the Republican party but I don't believe it. It's really hard to know what believe today. You can't know unless you are physically there or directly involved. All I know is: the government that governs best, governs least. that's just me though...
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  7. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2847
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    That link "really" hits home, but what I find funny is that those people whom the ACLU support are more likely to implement these types of big gov't, "progressive" systems. Oh well, its all about an agenda.

    But, despite the irony of the link, it really is dead on and scary. I see that day coming
  8. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3202
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    7.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    But, despite the irony of the link, it really is dead on and scary. I see that day coming
    I do too, we probably won't be around then. I only pray that the roots of America won't be banned from the liberal textbooks. If we become a nation of intellectuals we will be eaten alive. While I have marginal faith in our government (shhhh.. don't tell McCain that), I have faith in Americans. We will set things straight and resist the communists. The first step is slamming the border shut. SLAMMING.

    wow that just got off-topic.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  9. New Member
    AgnosticFront's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%

    WHAT COMMUNISTS?? LOL
  10. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,328
    Rep Power
    13068
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    28.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I just wanna know where the **** they were when we needed our freedom to save 1-Test and 4-AD . They just "save" what's in their best interest like many other organizations. The only way they can make headlines is by doing outrageous crap which I hope leads Americans to see how little credibility they have. A real ACLU would not protect terrorists, a real ACLU would be shutting down the borders for the interests of Americans, a real ACLU would be much different
  11. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3202
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    7.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    AACLU
    Anti American Civil Liberties CommUnionists

    and exactly, they selectively protect freedoms of those that may benefit them.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  12. Elite Member
    Matthew D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    5,014
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    99.19%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I honestly think that a few of you might want to do some more reading
    http://www.aclu.org/
  13. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2847
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew D
    I honestly think that a few of you might want to do some more reading
    http://www.aclu.org/
    I wasn't gonna jump in on this one b/c ... well, i try to avoid arguing about politics (although I'll keep my reading up) when it's not an election year

    But, when it comes to the ACLU, you pretty much don't "need" to read anything because their actions say enough, IMHO.
  14. New Member
    AgnosticFront's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%

    You guys are funny with your communist fear thing going on. I thought that was a thing that finally died in the 80's
    Seriously, the cold war is over. There is no communist conspiracy

    Communism has never been more then an idea for people. Communism doesn't work for people. It may work for certain bugs and fungi... but not for people. It wont ever work for people unless evolution dissolves our ego's sometime in the next several hundred years.


    Come on... be real... COMMUNISTS? That’s like saying the Martians are coming... Communists aren’t real. Any power ever claiming to be communist was pulling wool over your eyes.

    Communism is a term that can refer to one of several things: a social and economic system, an ideology which supports that system, or a political movement that wishes to implement that system.

    As a social and economic system, communism would be a type of egalitarian society with no state, no privately owned means of production, and no social classes. All property is owned cooperatively and collectively, by the community as a whole, and all people have equal social and economic status and rights. Human need or advancement is not left unsatisfied because of poverty, and is rather solved through distribution of resources as needed. This is thus often the system proposed to solve the problem of the capitalist poverty cycle.


    There is no leader in communism thus in a sense it’s a synonym for anarchy

    anarchy

    (Greek: an, without; archo, rule) A social theory which maintains that the restraint of law is an invasion of the right of a free, intelligent being, that the individual has the right to unlimited self-expression, and that the self-interest of the individual, if intelligently pursued, will best lead to the promotion of the general welfare. The origin of the theory is variously attributed to Diderot (1713-84), the Hebertistes of the French Revolution, and to Proudhon (1809-65). In method some anarchists are evolutionary, believing in the advent of anarchism through propaganda and the use of the ballot. Others are revolutionary and propose to establish anarchism by violence. Nihilists, who believe in the assassination of rulers and other violent acts of opposition to the existing forms of society, represent the radical extreme of revolutionary anarchists. Anarchism is founded on an unwarranted optimism regarding the goodness of unrestrained human nature.


    The reason communism has never been established is because someone would have to be pure with no ego, rise to a status of power, create a revolution, establish communism... then disappear into the shadows as just another member of society. That is why it would take a pure soul... who else could just give up their power?

    Then once it's established (which it never has been) all the people have to exist without ego as well. ALL THE PEOPLE; because a few greedy people could destroy the system.
  15. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3202
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    7.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    we are headed toward socialism because neither party addresses the border.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  16. CDB
    Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,543
    Rep Power
    2675
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    20.16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew D
    I honestly think that a few of you might want to do some more reading
    http://www.aclu.org/
    Some things they do make sense, many others don't. It's because their idea of rights is more accurately defined as entitlements. They take a very activist view of the court system, which a lot of people including a ****load of constitutional scholars disagree with. A lot of their moves are seen as attempts to legislate through a courtroom what people aren't willing to legislate through their representatives.

    And the original link is a joke. I've seen it on three other sites in completely different contexts over the last year or so. I guess this is how these guys decided to sell it.
  17. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2847
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Agnositc, man...you just likened Communism to Anarchy???? Then you said that there was no leader in Communism and quickly followed that by saying in order for Communism to work, someone without a big ego would have to rise to power? <--

    I'm beginning to think you don't know much about communism, my friend

    Anyway, communism still does exist, therefore so do communists. There "is" a communist part even here in the US. Socialism is basically just watered down communism and the problem with that is that the gov't in those socialism situations can attain so much power they can turn communist if they would like. Or not...i.e. Britain and the Netherlands after realizing socialism wasn't working (they converted to a less socialism market economy). So, the threat is still there.

    Me, personally, I'm not worried about true-form communism. You're right in that sense. Its not going to happen. The only reason its not going to happen is because it doesn't work, not because there aren't crazy people who would love to impliment that type of government....there are! But, socialism on the other hand is being implimented via crazy judges and groups like the ACLU, despite the will of the voter. They just said "f*ck the majority, you're idiots, we know whats best for you and know what you want and we'll do what we want to make it happen while you're all busy holding a job and I'm living off of your tax dollars."

    But, I believe the topic was the Pizza Delivery animation
  18. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2847
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    we are headed toward socialism because neither party addresses the border.
    I see it a bit different.

    Neither party will close the boarder because we're headed toward socialism and the more state-dependent citizens (yes, they're citizens according to many, just "undocumented" ones ) that exist the more socialist policies they can implement.
  19. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3202
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    7.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    I see it a bit different.

    Neither party will close the boarder because we're headed toward socialism and the more state-dependent citizens (yes, they're citizens according to many, just "undocumented" ones ) that exist the more socialist policies they can implement.
    ahh i see, the tail wags the dog.
    what a world we live in.
    Still the greatest place in the world

    HaPPY July 4th!!! (no drinking on cycle though)
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  20. New Member
    AgnosticFront's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    Agnositc, man...you just likened Communism to Anarchy???? Then you said that there was no leader in Communism and quickly followed that by saying in order for Communism to work, someone without a big ego would have to rise to power? <--

    I'm beginning to think you don't know much about communism, my friend

    Anyway, communism still does exist, therefore so do communists. There "is" a communist part even here in the US. Socialism is basically just watered down communism and the problem with that is that the gov't in those socialism situations can attain so much power they can turn communist if they would like. Or not...i.e. Britain and the Netherlands after realizing socialism wasn't working (they converted to a less socialism market economy). So, the threat is still there.

    Me, personally, I'm not worried about true-form communism. You're right in that sense. Its not going to happen. The only reason its not going to happen is because it doesn't work, not because there aren't crazy people who would love to impliment that type of government....there are! But, socialism on the other hand is being implimented via crazy judges and groups like the ACLU, despite the will of the voter. They just said "f*ck the majority, you're idiots, we know whats best for you and know what you want and we'll do what we want to make it happen while you're all busy holding a job and I'm living off of your tax dollars."

    But, I believe the topic was the Pizza Delivery animation
    Yes, Communism is supposed to exist without a leader. I was not talking about the chaos form of anarchy.. It can be a synonym for the form of anarchy which states "and that the self-interest of the individual, if intelligently pursued, will best lead to the promotion of the general welfare." The belief that we could be so good that we wouldnt need rules and everything would work together and all people will work together for the good of humanity and the earth.

    I didn't say someone with out a big ego. I said someone with NO EGO. This is where it first all falls apart. You know anything about Che Guevara? See the only way someone could give up absolute power is if they had no ego and they believed that is was the best thing for the society.

    How can you tell me communism still exists? When did communism ever exist? Socialism exists... Fascism exists and often is mistaken for communism... Although in truth they are completly different...
  21. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2847
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    That's basically what I said earlier. True communism was never really a reality and it just doesn't work and things like socialism are just watered down communism with the potential to "worsen".

    And, still, anarchy and communism have nothing in common. You described anarchy well when you said that its possible we could be so efficient at what we do that we wouldn't need to be governed but the very heart of communism is the government controlling EVERYTHING. So, their really polar opposites, IMHO.

    I don't know anything about Che Guevara...may have to do a quick search

    I don't think its possible for a human in power not to corrupt. I tend to agree with Lord Acton...."Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely."
  22. New Member
    AgnosticFront's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%

    communism is the government controlling EVERYTHING
    Dude are you pickin up what im puttin down? Apparently Not. True communism has nothing to do with control. It is a hypothetical state in which everybody just decides to work for the common good of humanity. everyone doing their part for the whole. No greed No poverty No war. - Only creation. A BEAUTIFUL thing. too bad it wont work because THERE IS greed and ego and powerstruggles. Like I said, It works for some species of bugs and Fungi; Not for humans.
  23. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2847
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    have you read the communist manifesto? Marx intended for the burgeious group to have their wealth "taken" and "give" power to the proletariat. There was nothing voluntary about it, bro.

    I do agree with you, however, that humans are incapable of what you're describing (and what I would call a utopia, not freggin' communism...)

    Read the communist Manifesto... Marx WAS ANYTHING BUT an ideological man. He was a cold, hard, realist.

    I now officially declare that you need to actually educate yourself on exactly what communism is

    edit: Just as a side note, I actually really like Marx he's a wonderfully entertaining character
  24. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3202
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    7.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    handing over nearly all your money, property and freedom to government for the good of the state is communism. It is sold to the masses as being the 'unselfish' thing to do. Like you said, we are humans, we aren't smurfs (well not I ).

    Smurfs deem Marxism a brilliant idea. I never undersood how giving up your money, property and freedom makes everything better.

    The American Dream of having a successful (wealthy) family is not a selfish dream - no matter what the liberals tell you.

    my 2cents.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  25. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3202
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    7.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    i don't think we are disagreement here anyway.
    but the government is made up of people. people like you and I. People with their own self interests and selfish ambitions. Giving a handful of people the power and trust to run the state is asking for trouble. True Socialism is defined as all means of production is controlled by the government (aka the people in charge).
    correct me if i am off...
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  26. New Member
    AgnosticFront's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%

    Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    have you read the communist manifesto? Marx intended for the burgeious group to have their wealth "taken" and "give" power to the proletariat. There was nothing voluntary about it, bro.

    I do agree with you, however, that humans are incapable of what you're describing (and what I would call a utopia, not freggin' communism...)

    Read the communist Manifesto... Marx WAS ANYTHING BUT an ideological man. He was a cold, hard, realist.

    I now officially declare that you need to actually educate yourself on exactly what communism is

    edit: Just as a side note, I actually really like Marx he's a wonderfully entertaining character
    Marxism is not the same as communism.
  27. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2847
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Socialism isn't really EVERYTHING gov't controlled, but it can ride a fine line.

    In a situation where there is a small homogenous and stable population and unselfish leaders, democratic socialism could really flourish. But, in an integrated world with screwed up population ("groups" constantly fighting against each other) it just ain't happening.
  28. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2847
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by AgnosticFront
    Marxism is not the same as communism.
    You have absolutely no idea what the hell you're talking about.

    Karl Marx wrote the communism manifesto...he "is" communism.
  29. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2847
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority
  30. New Member
    AgnosticFront's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%

    I know what I’m talking about. and yes I am talking about a Utopia that is the idea that communism is based on. You think Marx is the first person to think of it? Its an idea. all Marx did is skew it. It has been attempted many many times. Certain Tribal peoples actually have done quite well with it. Marx created a fascist state and he disguised it as communism THATS ALL. Now because of him people are all afraid of an idea! it's actually funny.
  31. New Member
    AgnosticFront's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%

    BTW im really enjoying this conversation
  32. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2847
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I'm done here...you're trying to fix statements you made previously with each additional post.

    Marx defines modern communism, really. He basically brought communism to life. His revolutionary works are what we know as communism...People do not associate lost ideological utopian ideals with communism. Besides, the utopia you describe could easily be attained in a market economy, not just communism.

    If indeed you do know your stuff, I would suggest being more specific with your posts so that your point / argument is more clear. Because, you can always expand communism as a "class"...right now, it just sounds as if you're playing with words.
  33. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2847
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by AgnosticFront
    BTW im really enjoying this conversation
    haha, good eal
  34. New Member
    AgnosticFront's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%

    if it looks like fascism and it smells like fascism... why call it communism?
  35. USA HOCKEY
    CEDeoudes59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,928
    Rep Power
    3202
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    7.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by AgnosticFront
    Marxism is not the same as communism.
    ? ?
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  36. New Member
    Brooklyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    207
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    36.41%

    Lightbulb


    Just as a side note, I actually really like Marx he's a wonderfully entertaining character
    Groucho, Harpo, Chico or Zeppo? Groucho is my favorite Marx.

    Marx created a fascist state and he disguised it as communism THATS ALL.
    That depends on your concept of what a "fascist" state is, beyond a basic definition. For example, Nazi Germany was a socialist state, yet the socialism of Hitler is completely different from that of Marx. The Germans despised the communists. Germany's socialism was based on patriotic love for the homeland. Germany's government believed that feeding and taking care of the people would make them love their country and be loyal. Russian Marxism believes that if you starve the people and make them fear you, they will be forced to be loyal. Two completely opposing ideals. Therefore using "communism" or "Marxism" is preferable since it more clearly represents the ideals which Russia attempted to implement.

    But, socialism on the other hand is being implimented via crazy judges and groups like the ACLU, despite the will of the voter. They just said "f*ck the majority, you're idiots, we know whats best for you and know what you want and we'll do what we want to make it happen while you're all busy holding a job and I'm living off of your tax dollars."
    That's silly. Crazy judges are those who think it is acceptable for the government to take your land to put up Wal Marts ala "eminent domain." The ACLU does not do such things. The voter, though politically incorrect to admit it, is often not very educated and more often absent on Election Day, and so in the interest of both intelligence and erring on the side of caution, it is better to preserve civil liberties and avoid dictatorial control over personal freedom. As for "living off your tax dollars," I am relatively certain that anyone who might end up losing their job for any reason would prefer to have unemployment compensation as opposed to the gutter. Is the system biased? Of course, and corrupt to boot. Does that mean that social services are unnecessary? No, because even if you never need them, you can be sure that someone you know will. A safety net for those down on their luck helps to preserve our economy in the long run, as it helps that person to find another way to become a productive member of society, rather than having to resort to crime and becoming destitute.

    If you want to see an example of what communism in the U.S. is like, I've previously stated that you should focus your attention on the sad career of one Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

    As for the pizza animation, all this is possible and if certain lawmakers have their way, both Republican and Democrat, we would be living in such an "information age." All it takes is going a step further than the information credit companies already keep on record and routinely supply to third parties.
  37. New Member
    AgnosticFront's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%

    People do not associate lost ideological utopian ideals with communism.
    See... You are talking about it as a physical tangible political structure based on the ideas of Americans about the Russians. I am unconcerned with what people associate... they have been conditioned by propaganda. I am talking about it from a philosophical standpoint. We agree on pretty much all the substance. They only thing we are really arguing about are definitions.

    you're trying to fix statements you made previously with each additional post
    That’s simply not true. I'm not trying to "fix" anything - nothing needs to be fixed. I was merely explaining my obviously much different perspective to you. I don't like to be held down by the view of what people believe something is. I don’t care what people believe something is. I only care about its essence, its truth. People can believe whatever they want. In the words of Adolph Hitler, "What luck for rulers that men do not think."
  38. New Member
    AgnosticFront's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%

    "No country has ever had a communist system of government. The countries that we call "Communist" are countries where the dominant political party was the Communist Party. Communist Parties are generally political parties who have working towards achieving "communism" as part of their party platform.The difference between working towards communism and "communism" itself is like the difference between building a house and living in a house. The Soviet Union, for example, never claimed to have achieved communism. In theory, what was taking place in the Soviet Union was an attempt to do the work needed to construct a communist society. Just as building a house is hard work, that has to be done in order to have a house to live in, the Stalinist system of the Soviet Union was seen as the hard work that was being done by everyone to build a communist system. It was never seen by any of the Communists as "communism" itself, any more than a construction foreman would think that the act of building a home is the same as lounging on the couch inside a home. In truth, most Communists today recognize that the Soviet Union was mostly just a large, corrupt, top down bureaucracy that didn't represent the ideals of Marxism or Communism."
  39. New Member
    AgnosticFront's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%

    "So, contrary to all the popular misconception, "Communism" itself is not about the dominance of the State, in fact it is the opposite; Communism is ultimately about the abolition of the State."
  40. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2847
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by AgnosticFront
    See... You are talking about it as a physical tangible political structure based on the ideas of Americans about the Russians.
    No, I'm speaking of it as it existed...how it is now defined.
    I am unconcerned with what people associate... they have been conditioned by propaganda.
    That's quite alright, but I'm not a victim of propaganda...I was at the age of 12 conditioned, but now I do my own thinking.
    I am talking about it from a philosophical standpoint. We agree on pretty much all the substance. They only thing we are really arguing about are definitions...
    Yeah, very true...I just wish that you would have clarified beforehand because the only tangible references we have to communism spurred from Marxism, and relating communism to a philosophical utopia that a few tribes here and there implemented is quite misleading
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. AAS testing and the military???
    By SirJuice in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-08-2003, 05:30 PM
  2. Transdermals and the sun
    By CNcurl90s44 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-15-2003, 10:23 PM
  3. Steriods and the Liver
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 08:28 PM
  4. Prostate health, the male, and the androgen user.
    By windwords7 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-28-2003, 02:48 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-04-2002, 01:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in