Editor fired...connected to being republican??? - AnabolicMinds.com

Editor fired...connected to being republican???

1. Professional Member

Editor fired...connected to being republican???

Thought this was interesting. Whether or not is is the actual reason for the firing is not known:

PLAYGIRL editor-in-chief Michele Zipp has been stripped of her duties after she revealed how she voted Republican in the 2004 election.
    Zipp, in an e-mail, claims she was fired after an onslaught of liberal backlash.

"Hello Drudge,
    "After your coverage of my article about coming out and voting Republican, I did receive many letters of support from fellow Republican voters, but it was not without repercussions. Criticism from the liberal left ensued. A few days after the onslaught of liberal backlash, I was released from my duties at Playgirl magazine.

"After underlings expressed their disinterest of working for an outed Republican editor, I have a strong suspicion that my position was no longer valued by Playgirl executives. I also received a phone call from a leading official from Playgirl magazine, in which he stated with a laugh, "I wouldn't have hired you if I knew you were a Republican.

"I just wanted to let you know of the fear the liberal left has about a woman with power possessing Republican views."

2. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by size

"After underlings expressed their disinterest of working for an outed Republican editor, I have a strong suspicion that my position was no longer valued by Playgirl executives.
    Maybe it also had something to do with her command of the English language. After all she was supposed to be an editor.

3. Advanced Member

Damn that was quick I just saw her on TV talking about being a repl. a few weeks ago.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Number 5
    Maybe it also had something to do with her command of the English language. After all she was supposed to be an editor.
    "Disinterest" is a perfectly fine word, and an appropriate one in context (although pairing it with "of" doesn't exactly display a pro's grasp of language).

That said, an editor In CHIEF doesn't really need language skills, beyond what's required to order others around....
  5. New Member

Firing her is a stupid move by people threatened by political difference, but so is claiming to be an intimidating "woman with power." Sheesh, you [she] worked for PLAYGIRL. Get over yourself.
  6. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chippewa
    so is claiming to be an intimidating "woman with power." Sheesh, you [she] worked for PLAYGIRL. Get over yourself.
    I laughed at that too.
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard
    "Disinterest" is a perfectly fine word, and an appropriate one in context (although pairing it with "of" doesn't exactly display a pro's grasp of language).

That said, an editor In CHIEF doesn't really need language skills, beyond what's required to order others around....
    no it's not. she's using disinterest to mean 'not interested' in a sentence that doesn't make any sense, even though disinterest means indifference.

8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

okay, yes, she used "disinterest of" improperly - she should have used "disinclination to".
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippewa
    Firing her is a stupid move...but so is claiming to be an intimidating "woman with power." Sheesh, [she] worked for PLAYGIRL. Get over yourself.
    Editor-IN-CHIEF, remember? Self-importance is almost required for the position...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 09:57 AM
  2. So You Want To Be Truly Huge?
    By New Body in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-14-2003, 10:35 PM
  3. Ahhhh to be back in it....
    By LCSULLA in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 09:42 PM
  4. Is it possible to be "immune" to UA/SU
    By Kerruptt in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-26-2003, 07:09 PM
  5. Funny stuff! Ouch sucks to be in the Navy!
    By windwords7 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-03-2003, 12:33 AM