Jim Bunning is a friggin MORON!

oldfart

oldfart

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
He made the statement, "How does a small guy like a shortstop hit a ball out of the park into deep right center field without being on steroids?"

"Noone could ever do that when I played except for Mickey Mantle. And he could do it only because he was stronger than everyone else."

????????????????????????????????

Uh, yea dickhead they have a new thing now. It's called weight training!
You and Mantle played friggin 50 years ago. Unbelieveable!

What a friggin idiot!

This guy is in office? He's a friggin Senator? How stupid are the people of Kentucky that they elect such a complete utter fool as a Senator?

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I was blown away by that one as well. He also wants to go back to the nineties and wipe away the records that were set. Somebody should tell him that roids were around in the 80's,70's,60's.....

ivydude

Board Supporter
Awards
I love how advances in weight training and nutrition are completely ignored in all this.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
its the south bro, what do you expect?

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I love how advances in weight training and nutrition are completely ignored in all this.
No kidding. It makes me wonder how great a Babe Ruth or Mickey Mantle would be today......especially if they were juiced up :twisted: .

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
:goodpost: Rob, Mantle probably wouldve been unstoppable even more so than he was then. Did you see the ESPN version of Behind the Lines aka True Hollywood story or w/e its called, where he regularly played drunk. They recalled a story with his drinking buddy Billy Martin went to a club that night, got wasted and then played the next day hungover. It was Mick's turn to bat, hit a homer and when he got into the dugout, threw up from having to run the bases. Wonder how many records he could have broken if he actually took it real serious and dropped the booze and took more care of himself. Either way the whole steroid scandal is getting out of hand, its all I see when I start up Road Runner's homepage. Another pic of Canseco, McGuire, Giambi, Sosa and a heartbreaking story about a 17 year old kid dying from suicide or someone else dying because of a "steroid side effects". Unfortunately, I think this will spill over into the supplement industry and from the looks of it, it's beginning to now :(

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah no ****. I mean when they take away all of our multivitamins and minerals it will be because poeple who get out and do stuff look different than fat asses who lay around all day. Most of congress is skinny little dudes now and I can't help but think these were the guys who got picked to be last on the dodge ball team because they were little dumb pussies and now either consciously or unconsciously they are getting back for there week motivation as teenagers.

If they were really worried abot our youth take a look at rec drugs, alcohol, tobacco. And as far as the moral or cheating issue. How the **** can they say that is immoral when they woudl glady give a young teenage girl steroids to prevent her body from ovulating so that she can enjoy casual sex:think: . I think that is a slight bigger moral issue than someone who has goals and is trying to better there body and apperance. **** I could talk all day about this ****. As stated in an earlier post I am going to write the newspapers and tv stations about the FDA taking our vitamins we need to speak out and get this stuff publicized.
:rant: :rant:
I even saw today were a woman went before congress to try and get food banned that came from animals that were injected with steroids. WTF ban a tyson chicken breast but here eat all the fucking fries and cola you can stomach ahhhhhhhhh:frustrate

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
No joke.. KY is not southern.. and I should know.. I am from the Heart of Dixie

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If they were really worried abot our youth take a look at rec drugs, alcohol, tobacco.
what an awesome post, I esp like this line, because it is exactly what I have been saying for the longest time. I see so many people using this **** all the time and I think "HA these people are gonna die because they're stupid!"
and now I am going to have my multivitamins and **** taken away because I was always the one who stayed on the right side of the line-did good in school, stayed away from drugs!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I even saw today were a woman went before congress to try and get food banned that came from animals that were injected with steroids. WTF ban a tyson chicken breast but here eat all the fucking fries and cola you can stomach ahhhhhhhhh:frustrate
LMAO, don't these people know there are many worse things out there that can kill you

buffb2

buffb2

Awards
He made the statement, "How does a small guy like a shortstop hit a ball out of the park into deep right center field without being on steroids?"

"Noone could ever do that when I played except for Mickey Mantle. And he could do it only because he was stronger than everyone else."

????????????????????????????????

Uh, yea dickhead they have a new thing now. It's called weight training!
You and Mantle played friggin 50 years ago. Unbelieveable!

What a friggin idiot!

This guy is in office? He's a friggin Senator? How stupid are the people of Kentucky that they elect such a complete utter fool as a Senator?
Theres loads of these idiots in office. Most of them at least keep there mouth shut so they dont sound as stupid as he does. Its about time America steps up, starts voting, and realize how important politics are.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
All you have to do to get into office is convince slightly more than 50% of the people who vote in your particular race that you should be in office. Think of how stupid the average person is, then realize half of them are even dumber than that. These are the people who are voting. Is it any wonder most congressmen should be showing up for work on a short bus?

The Experiment

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
A month or so ago I went to a presentation given by Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA) who was one of the co-authors of the PH bill. He was talking about free trade (which I agreed with) but I had to bring up the PH bill. Its been a while so I don't remember perfectly but here was his rationalizations:

- It was for the children (if I had a nickel for every time I heard that...)
- There was no studies of long term use
- He received "thousands" of letters of concerned parents wanting something done about drug use in HS sports
- After the bill passed, he received "thousands" of letters praising him
- The only way it can get overturned is if it shows great health benefits

Depressing. At least we can try as hard as we can to stop complete supplement bannings. It doesn't seem like it will happen but with the growing demand for socialized medicine and government intervention, its a matter of when, not if, supplements will be banned and replaced by prescriptions.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
No kidding. It makes me wonder how great a Babe Ruth or Mickey Mantle would be today......especially if they were juiced up :twisted: .

Yea like they were not juiced up RIGHT! :rofl:

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
well unless you call booze, juicing...

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
man, and i'm from kentucky. all i can say is he did not receive my vote