Self-righteous phony posturing, on ESPN right now!

credible_threat

Awards
Pretty amazing, same old story. Old men with a religious affinity for baseball. And steroids are killing kids. They also said that 1 in 16 HS kids have used steroids. I'm not sure I buy that statistic, but if that's the case and you take the number of deaths, doesn't that prove that steroids are statistically safe?

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I'm trying to watch it, but can't quit vomiting on my self. I don't know where in the hell they get that 1 in 16 stat either. This whole deal is a waste of tax dollars and a joke. How bout a heaqring on how tobacco is killing people by the thousands each year...oh wait they make too much on the taxes.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
How many of these old bastards are gonna get home, light up a fatty, kick back with a highball, do a couple lines, and feel good about ridding baseball of roids?

credible_threat

Awards
They keep invoking "Baseball is our National Pastime." I'm pretty sure it hasn't been for a long time.

The dude on now just dropped the E bomb, "Baseball effects the economy," as if steroid use has not been the single factor that has allowed baseball to re-market itself to the current generation of fans!

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
They keep invoking "Baseball is our National Pastime." I'm pretty sure it hasn't been for a long time.

The dude on now just dropped the E bomb, "Baseball effects the economy," as if steroid use has not been the single factor that has allowed baseball to re-market itself to the current generation of fans!
True dat. Just goes to show how little theese dumb fucks understand their talking about.

Imagine what would happen if they did rid baseball of drugs. All the star players would show up the following year 30lbs lighter performing like they did when they were rookies. I'm sure the fans and corporate sponsors would love that. :rolleyes:

credible_threat

Awards
This just in:

People don't like watching 2-0 games. They'd rather watch 11-9 games. Profound.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I saw some senator saying that even if steroids users account for 2% of the players in BB, then that is way too high. He said the perfect number is 0%. I just keep thinking Bonds and all those other guys are grown men. If they want to do it, then WTF, why not.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
What bullshit! God damn!

Yeah, and let's find out who has been taking steroids so we can lock them up and throw away the key. They should be ashamed of themselves. Shaking my head as I listen to this garbage.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I saw some senator saying that even if steroids users account for 2% of the players in BB, then that is way too high. He said the perfect number is 0%. I just keep thinking Bonds and all those other guys are grown men. If they want to do it, then WTF, why not.
Well, because it is illegal?

That's the number one reason why they shouldn't.

I don';t give a **** about the drugs personally. What I have a problem with is the separation between athlete using illegal drugs and jo-average using ilelgal drugs.

When you test positive, you are technically testing positive for an illegal substance. In the athletic world, that carries no legal punishment it seems. In the real-world... it does.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I'm listening to Mr. Hooten (who's son commited suicide "because" of steroids) call players cowards and blame everyone for his sons death. He says the players have a responsibility to kids whether they like it or not. What about HIS responsibility as a parent?! Jose Canseco, Sosa, Bonds-none of these guys lived with his kid. It was his job as a father to educate his son, and know what was going on in his life. This whole thing is becoming unwatchable to me.

credible_threat

Awards
Personal responsibility is dead. It is getting even worse now. I will be starting a paypal fund to buy this bitch a speech coach.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Well, because it is illegal?

That's the number one reason why they shouldn't.

I don';t give a **** about the drugs personally. What I have a problem with is the separation between athlete using illegal drugs and jo-average using ilelgal drugs.

When you test positive, you are technically testing positive for an illegal substance. In the athletic world, that carries no legal punishment it seems. In the real-world... it does.
I kinda see your point but if you test positive for an illegal substance(pot, coke, etc.) at a factory job like Ford,or many other places,you do not face legal action. In fact most union run companies put you in a substance abuse program, so you don't even lose your job. Playing baseball, or any sport is a JOB with union protection. Average folks just don't make the news.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Like I've said before they're just displacing the blame on Baseball and those players that have taken or are presumed to have taken steroids because it's the easiest thing to do right now. Let's not blame ourselves for not taking responsibility to educate and help our child/children understand the negative impact steroids may have.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Ok so far I've learned from watching this that 1 in 16 high school kids are juiced up and that using them causes suicides, homocides, and mood swings. So with all these psychotic kids out there using roids, the bodies should be piling up any minute now.....Although I have to ask, does the gram of test a week I'm on right now have anything to do with the almost uncontrollable desire to smash my TV?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Ok so far I've learned from watching this that 1 in 16 high school kids are juiced up and that using them causes suicides, homocides, and mood swings. So with all these psychotic kids out there using roids, the bodies should be piling up any minute now.....Although I have to ask, does the gram of test a week I'm on right now have anything to do with the almost uncontrollable desire to smash my TV?
Calm down man, it's guys like you who give steroids a bad rep. :lol:

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
BTW- anyone see James Brown interview Sen. John McCain the other day? McCain said " if someone had told me when I was playing linebacker in high school that if I took steroids I could play in the NFL, I would have said- Where do I put the needle?

credible_threat

Awards
Blame game in full-effect now. They have MLBA's Chief Physician on. He basically blamed the de-regulation of nutritional supplements for "infecting" a whole generation of kids with the idea that supplements/steroids, etc. are part of athletics.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Calm down man, it's guys like you who give steroids a bad rep. :lol:
I'm also bald, covered in acne, have bitch tits, a brain tumor, shrunken nuts, bad bloating, acute body dysmorphia, and a liver the size of my pillow.:sick:

credible_threat

Awards
"When his coach told him he needed to get bigger, he was basically telling him to do steroids!"

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
"When his coach told him he needed to get bigger, he was basically telling him to do steroids!"
Yeah that was a beauty! I am absolutely beside myself with this crap. These hearings are probably going to case more rage like actions than roids ever will!

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Just wait, I'm sure it will get even better. I hope Canseco says what's really on his mind. I know he knows more about steroids than any of these other assholes do. Although I don't think he will since he didn't get immunity.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Although I have to ask, does the gram of test a week I'm on right now have anything to do with the almost uncontrollable desire to smash my TV?
No it's a natural reaction to the crap their thowing on TV today

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I hope Canseco says what's really on his mind.
Kinda like: "Go **** yourself you cranky, old, skinny motherfuckers who could get get laid by a $2 hooker looking the way you do"?

:D

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Kinda like: "Go **** yourself you cranky, old, skinny motherfuckers who could get get laid by a $2 hooker looking the way you do"?

:D
He needs to educate these old guys on HRT and how good it can be for them. Wouldn't that be great.

credible_threat

Awards
Apparently there is a huge problem with nutritional supplements accidentally on purpose containing AAS. It's part of the supplement companies' marketing plan.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Sweet, steroids improve hand eye coordination! I'm gonna do my next cycle to get better at HALO!

Brock Landers

Awards
I'm listening to Mr. Hooten (who's son commited suicide "because" of steroids) call players cowards and blame everyone for his sons death. He says the players have a responsibility to kids whether they like it or not. What about HIS responsibility as a parent?! Jose Canseco, Sosa, Bonds-none of these guys lived with his kid. It was his job as a father to educate his son, and know what was going on in his life. This whole thing is becoming unwatchable to me.

A-F'in-Men!!!!!
It takes the kid dying for the parents to give a crap and try and piece together the kid's life. And lo-and-behold, its the steroids that are blamed for the death. If you paid attention to your kid you would have seen the changes before it was too late....

Im sorry the kid died...but pull your head out of your ass as a parent......

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I wonder how many of these panel members smoke or drink on a regular basis. Do they not know the damage they're doing to their body even if it happens slowly. Hypocrites.

credible_threat

Awards
That dude who's kid died in Plano just said "...we know know...they are as bad as cocaine or heroin..."

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Aparantly the parents of the kids who killed themselves are experts on steroids and drug testing since they have been given the floor more than the MLBs DOCTOR.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
This whole thing is a ruse. They don't really care about ProBall. Did you hear two congreesmens questions? They basicly said I don't care where the big boys get the stuff from. I want to know where our teens are getting it. And they basicly told them Mexico and over seas. This is getting scary. Steroids are the new cocaine. And congress wants to be seen as involved.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I didn't realize that 500,000 kids were juicing now.:confused: Or 1 in 16. When you add in the adults that use, you would think there wouldn't be enough gear to go around. I commend the 500,000 kids that they got to admit that though. It sure took alot of guts. I wonder who did the survey?:think:

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I commend the 500,000 kids that they got to admit that though. :think:
yeah but these days I hear young kids in the gym talking about not being natural and juicing with references to creatine and whey preotein. I know a guy who thinks that whey protein and multi-vitamins is performance enhancing. So what are they really admitting too. Hell even my brother thinks that I am not "natural" because I work the **** out. He says "I am natural this is the body I have and I don't even work out" WTF is this where things are going. Oh my bro is 6'5" and about a buck 75

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
yeah but these days I hear young kids in the gym talking about not being natural and juicing with references to creatine and whey preotein. I know a guy who thinks that whey protein and multi-vitamins is performance enhancing. So what are they really admitting too. Hell even my brother thinks that I am not "natural" because I work the **** out. He says "I am natural this is the body I have and I don't even work out" WTF is this where things are going. Oh my bro is 6'5" and about a buck 75
Sorry I didn't make it clear but my entire last post was sarcasm. I just don't believe their statistics, and I'd like to know how they got them. On your points you brought up, I see that alot too. The average joe thinks creatine is some illicit substance. I've heard guys say "I'm ON cell tech" or "I'm ON glutamine" like they're hiding it under their bed so mom doesn't find it.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
BTW- anyone see James Brown interview Sen. John McCain the other day? McCain said " if someone had told me when I was playing linebacker in high school that if I took steroids I could play in the NFL, I would have said- Where do I put the needle?
i didnt see that
That is a surprising line from McCain, who exchanges our freedom for his political gain