Schwarzenegger Has No Regrets About Steroid Use

1. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.33%

Calif. Gov Says He's Opposed to Steroid Use Today, but Has No Regrets About Using the Drugs in the Past
    Feb. 25, 2005 - Governor, movie star and former professional bodybuilder Arnold Schwarzenegger admits to using steroids, but says he has no regrets.

The seven-time Mr. Olympia winner told ABC News's George Stephanopoulos that even knowing what he knows now about the performance-enhancing drugs, he would still have used them.

"I have no regrets about it," said Schwarzenegger, "because at that time, it was something new that came on the market, and we went to the doctor and did it under doctors' supervision. We were experimenting with it. It was a new thing. So you can't roll the clock back and say, 'Now I would change my mind on this.' " To see the full interview, watch "This Week With George Stephanopoulos" on Sunday, Feb. 27. Still, Schwarzenegger says, he does not encourage anyone to use drugs. "Because it is the wrong message, like you say, to the children," he said, adding, "But people should take food supplements, people should be able to take the vitamins and all of the nutritious stuff that is available, but stay away from drugs."

Schwarzenegger also said he wants bodybuilding to be seen as a respectable sport. "Of course we want to keep the sport clean. It says 'bodybuilding,' not 'body-destroying.' It's bodybuilding. Of course we want to go in that direction."

Asked why he recently vetoed a bill that would have required high school coaches in California to teach about the dangers of steroids and illegal substances, the governor said it was because the bill lumped legal performance-enhancing food supplements in with illegal drugs. "It's ludicrous to forbid this for a student to take. Because if you take a protein food supplement that is made out of milk protein, out of milk, or out of soybean, or out of liver or fish that has maybe 90 percent protein, they will enhance your performance, because that's what you need in order to get strong, is protein. Why would that be outlawed? It comes from a natural source. Or to take vitamins -- Vitamin E gives you more energy, so therefore it is enhancing your performance."

He also said it was already illegal to sell performance-enhancing drugs in California schools.

Copyright © 2005 ABC News Internet Ventures

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Grat post...Maybe arnie hasn't let us down, eh?
  3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.63%

Schwarzenegger also said he wants bodybuilding to be seen as a respectable sport. "Of course we want to keep the sport clean. It says 'bodybuilding,' not 'body-destroying.' It's bodybuilding. Of course we want to go in that direction."
    This is kind of hypocritical because the bodybuilding contest that has his name on it takes about every drug there is. Arnold wants to run for president. I think you will see a huge change in bodybuilding contests if the house and senate make it legal for people who were not born in the united states to run for president.
    •   

4. USA HOCKEY
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Arnold's got to be careful with this one. Remember, all but 3(?) congress voted to take freedom (prohormones) away from us. The media likes Arnold, after all, Arnold is the media. But they will turn on the governor if Hillary Clinton needs them to.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  5. USA HOCKEY
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    Grat post...Maybe arnie hasn't let us down, eh?

haha, too bad you missed the 'Steroids and Supplements are bad' unit that could have been taught to you in California Schools.
    You wouldn't be rolling with the dangerous Anabolicminds crowd these days.
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.65%

Quote Originally Posted by Deoudes59
    haha, too bad you missed the 'Steroids and Supplements are bad' unit that could have been taught to you in California Schools.
    You wouldn't be rolling with the dangerous Anabolicminds crowd these days.
    Well...it's never too late for me to learn...you people are bad, bad, people with bad tempers and small penis' from steroid usage. You'll probably only live to be 30, too LOL. hahahah (Anybody want a cigarette?)
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.58%

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00
    Well...it's never too late for me to learn...you people are bad, bad, people with bad tempers and small penis' from steroid usage. You'll probably only live to be 30, too LOL. hahahah (Anybody want a cigarette?)
    You forgot the part where we robbed our loved ones for a cycle like those other junkies LOL
  8. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.63%

You forgot the part where we robbed our loved ones for a cycle like those other junkies LOL
    LMAO It's common knowledge that bodybuilders frequently rob convent stores to support their habits. Some say it's an epidemic.
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.36%

dont forget the uncontrollable "roid rage" that we all get too, heck, i'm going to lock myself up for the safety of others
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.29%

Notice how politicians and media people are increasingly lumping in many supplements into essentially "drug" categories? The other day on ESPN, I heard Jeremy Shatz (sp?) use the term "performance-enhancing supplements." WTF is a "performance-enhancing supplement?" Any nutrient you get outside of eating foodstuffs? Ridiculous.

It ain't the gubment's responsibility to be a nanny to its people.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.58%

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowOne
    Notice how politicians and media people are increasingly lumping in many supplements into essentially "drug" categories? The other day on ESPN, I heard Jeremy Shatz (sp?) use the term "performance-enhancing supplements." WTF is a "performance-enhancing supplement?" Any nutrient you get outside of eating foodstuffs? Ridiculous.

It ain't the gubment's responsibility to be a nanny to its people.
    Yeah but the gov't has to make us believe that we have a problem with supps, and the more problems we have the more useful the gov't can be in the eyes of many people.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need advice about steroid use.
    By 300clubbrah in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-06-2014, 12:33 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-21-2009, 09:32 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-08-2008, 08:18 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-08-2006, 09:57 AM
  5. Former NFL Player talks about past steroid use