Maybe we should start...

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
a separate bush-bashing section for infohazard. Ok we get it already, you hate him.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
He hasn't posted on the other thread since he was wrong about SS. You just need to ask him the right question or make the right point. It does take a while some times though.lol

Meerschaum

Awards
a separate bush-bashing section for infohazard. Ok we get it already, you hate him.
well I'm by no means a fan or bush and dont exactly view religious fundis in a positive way, but I hafta agree with you guys 100%, a new permanent thread for bush bashing maybe? ;)

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Well I think there have been a few others that have gone off the deep end from time to time.. if you don't like to read them, then don't read them.. Advice that I got from someone after I was complaining about someone continuous posts ON THE ELECTION..

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Well I think there have been a few others that have gone off the deep end from time to time.. if you don't like to read them, then don't read them.. Advice that I got from someone after I was complaining about someone continuous posts ON THE ELECTION..
I read ya. I was just being a smart ass. I was diagnosed with clinical sarcasm as a teen.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Hey was that a shot........lol That thread did go on for awhile. I think it went away and came back a few times though.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Nah VG.. it wasn't really.. I was trying to preach the tolerance gospel...

INFOHAZARD

Awards
Hey Jarhead,

I gotta ask... You still in? What's your MOS?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Ok I'm hungover and stupid- What does P.O.G. mean?I'm assuming it's a slam against the airwing?
It's a slam to all of those who aren't infantry. POG or Person Other than Grunt.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
It's a slam to all of those who aren't infantry. POG or Person Other than Grunt.
I shouldn't have asked. :hammer: Honestly, I enlisted open contract because I wanted to get infantry. My recruiter lied (shocking, I know)- He said everyone gets infantry out of it, and I could get the Corps college fund on top of the gi bill ,but I had to go open. My asvab was too high though and they put me in the wing. It was a good job though and the extra money for college helped. But I STILL take tons of **** from my buddies who did go straight into infantry.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i did both, 4 years in artillery (and don't even start to say arty is pog), and 4 years airwing.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i wouldn't have stayed sane for another 12 years. when it stops being fun, it's time to leave.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
that's why they have minimum 4 year contracts. it was still fun despite all the bullshit that goes on, the little ****-**** games they call em. but the last year snailed by, and by the end, i was on the verge of snapping on the higher ups. i'm sure you've seen the retired guys. most are in their late 30's, early 40's. they look like they're in their 60's from all the stress they've had to deal with, didn't want to be them.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
that's why they have minimum 4 year contracts. it was still fun despite all the bullshit that goes on, the little ****-**** games they call em. but the last year snailed by, and by the end, i was on the verge of snapping on the higher ups. i'm sure you've seen the retired guys. most are in their late 30's, early 40's. they look like they're in their 60's from all the stress they've had to deal with, didn't want to be them.
I KNOW! It's horrible. These guys that have been in for almost 20 year plus just seem so bitter. Like life kicked their ass and **** on them. I usually steared clear of these guys because they always had something negative to say. And god forbid you don't call them by their rank. It's not my fault you got stuck doing this bullshit for 20 years, you know. Anyways, I'm glad I'm out, but at the same time I'm glad I did it too. It had it's ups and downs, good times and bad times. And you will NEVER have closer friends than the ones you made in the corps.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
yup, said it before, and i'll say it again. it was the best time of my life, but i'll never do it again.

INFOHAZARD

Awards
8 years. Why didn't you just stay in at that point?
-Bigger bucks.
-Kids that I wanted to grow up in the U.S. (they were born in Turkey).
-I hated active duty CONUS. Not the same as overseas.
-My years can be used towards Federal employment retirement.