Bush: Holding 3 jobs "uniquely American"

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    INFOHAZARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    53
    Posts
    214
    Rep Power
    230
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    61.02%

    Bush: Holding 3 jobs "uniquely American"


    From Drudge:

    BUSH: HOLDING THREE JOBS 'UNIQUELY AMERICAN'
    Tues Feb 8 2005 901 ET

    Last Friday when promoting social security reform with 'regular' citizens in Omaha, Nebraska, President Bush walked into an awkward unscripted moment in which he stated that carrying three jobs at a time is 'uniquely American.'

    While talking with audience participants, the president met Mary Mornin, a woman in her late fifties who told the president she was a divorced mother of three, including a 'mentally challenged' son.

    The President comforted Mornin on the security of social security stating that 'the promises made will be kept by the government.'

    But without prompting Mornin began to elaborate on her life circumstances.

    Begin transcript:

    MS. MORNIN: That's good, because I work three jobs and I feel like I contribute.

    THE PRESIDENT: You work three jobs?

    MS. MORNIN: Three jobs, yes.

    THE PRESIDENT: Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that. (Applause.) Get any sleep? (Laughter.)

  2. Board Supporter
    Funny Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    360
    Rep Power
    304
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    45.92%

    OK?
  3. Senior Member
    MarcusG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,223
    Rep Power
    754
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    24.09%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    His sarcasm and lack of empathy is typical Bush.
    Last edited by MarcusG; 02-18-2005 at 06:05 PM.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    Lean One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,673
    Rep Power
    1470
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    27.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Geez, You're just all about bashing Bush today are'nt you.
  5. Advanced Member
    VanillaGorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    893
    Rep Power
    586
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    14.64%

    I don't see what the big deal with this one is. Is Bush supposed to offer her a job?
  6. Board Supporter
    griz145389's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    146
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    43.25%

    I fail to see a problem with this. It is a waste of time to bash a politician on little things like this. If you have problems with Bush (or any politician for that matter) you would be better served by dealing with real issues.
  7. New Member
    INFOHAZARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    53
    Posts
    214
    Rep Power
    230
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    61.02%

    Quote Originally Posted by griz145389
    I fail to see a problem with this. It is a waste of time to bash a politician on little things like this. If you have problems with Bush (or any politician for that matter) you would be better served by dealing with real issues.
    I think this speaks to his real mindset. He was put on the spot and didn't have a canned answer, so his remark was much more honest. I believe it's completley germaine to our national policy, and how the government treats its citizens.
  8. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2847
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Lean One
    Geez, You're just all about bashing Bush today are'nt you.
    You just starting to notice? LOL....He wonders why nobody takes a damn thing he says seriously. He's "really" nothing more than a leftist lunatic. I'm starting to wonder if he even bodybuilds...lol

    (INFO_HAZARD, I say that with lots of love I really dont think you're a bad guy...I just think you're crazy )
  9. Registered User
    kwyckemynd00's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,324
    Rep Power
    2847
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    88.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by INFOHAZARD
    I think this speaks to his real mindset. He was put on the spot and didn't have a canned answer, so his remark was much more honest....
    That's true. BUT, what was he supposed to say?

    Oh, I know...I know..."I feel your pain." roflmao!
  10. Advanced Member
    lozgod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    660
    Rep Power
    456
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    32.3%

    Little thing?!?!?!?!?!? People always ask where were the parents when some kid does something crazy, maybe they were working their 3rd job. Parents need time to be home to instill the proper values of the next generation. This is a huge deal because it is the future of our country.
  11. Elite Member
    Matthew D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    5,014
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    99.21%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Also, think about it 3 jobs, does that even sound healthy? I know that some of you have seen the new Universal Studio's commerical with the drug company CEO. Sad thing is, that is true.
  12. Board Supporter
    griz145389's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    146
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    43.25%

    So, if his remark was way off base, what would have been a more important answer? Maybe, he didn't need to add the get any sleep comment, but to me it seemed like he was just trying to lighten the situation a little. The rest of his comment seemed to be a compliment to that woman that she was able to bust her ass to work and provide for her family. I don't like bush myself, but pick your battles man.
  13. Advanced Member
    VanillaGorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    893
    Rep Power
    586
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    14.64%

    Little thing?!?!?!?!?!? People always ask where were the parents when some kid does something crazy, maybe they were working their 3rd job. Parents need time to be home to instill the proper values of the next generation. This is a huge deal because it is the future of our country.
    If you have a problem with that you have a problem with liberalism. Her problem has to do with the break down of the family and taxes. As taxes go up more and more families simply can not afford to have a parent stay home with their kids. I don't know what lead to situation that this woman is in but the more money she can keep the less she has to work. So instead of having three jobs she could have one and a half. The divorcé rate is extremely high in the country. IMO there is almost a religion of selfishness and instant gratification that is an epidemic in this country. Relationships are hard sometimes, there is no question about that. Instead of working threw problems, people are so focused on how they are feeling in the moment and that the problem doesn't take two minutes to fix they walk away. Woman are also being taught that they can do it all. They can have a full time career and raise a few kids. Sorry it can't be done. Raising a kid is a 24 hour a day job and it's important at least one parent to be their for them, even as they get older. Remember in high school which kids house you went to when your were up to no good? It was the kid who had no parents at his house. The other thing that is going down the toilet is the concept of personal responsibility.It's not Bush's fault she isn't with the father of the kids or that she has to work three jobs. Should the government pick your significant other, your education, or your job for you? Sometimes you can't foresee things down the road. Maybe the guy she was with beat the hell out of her and she had to get away from him................ Maybe she went to art school, had a one nightstand and got pregnant. In either case I fail to see how you can blame Bush alone for it. Well, I guess you can and probably will but IMO it's intellectually dishonest.
  14. Board Supporter
    houseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Power
    1015
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    46.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
    If you have a problem with that you have a problem with liberalism. Her problem has to do with the break down of the family and taxes. As taxes go up more and more families simply can not afford to have a parent stay home with their kids. I don't know what lead to situation that this woman is in but the more money she can keep the less she has to work. So instead of having three jobs she could have one and a half. The divorcé rate is extremely high in the country. IMO there is almost a religion of selfishness and instant gratification that is an epidemic in this country. Relationships are hard sometimes, there is no question about that. Instead of working threw problems, people are so focused on how they are feeling in the moment and that the problem doesn't take two minutes to fix they walk away. Woman are also being taught that they can do it all. They can have a full time career and raise a few kids. Sorry it can't be done. Raising a kid is a 24 hour a day job and it's important at least one parent to be their for them, even as they get older. Remember in high school which kids house you went to when your were up to no good? It was the kid who had no parents at his house. The other thing that is going down the toilet is the concept of personal responsibility.It's not Bush's fault she isn't with the father of the kids or that she has to work three jobs. Should the government pick your significant other, your education, or your job for you? Sometimes you can't foresee things down the road. Maybe the guy she was with beat the hell out of her and she had to get away from him................ Maybe she went to art school, had a one nightstand and got pregnant. In either case I fail to see how you can blame Bush alone for it. Well, I guess you can and probably will but IMO it's intellectually dishonest.
    One night stand with 3 kids?

    Talk about beating the odds.

    What I find interesting about Americna politics is how most of the countrywill align itself with parties instead of ISSUES. You'll say to pick your battles yet find it perfectly acceptable that government waste their time on things like gay rights (fighting for or against) instead of things that actually matter to the country like employment, education and social security.

    Don't get me wrong. We do it here in Canada too but we don't seem to be AS party specific as Americans. That's a fact fiven we have 4 political parities running in our last country leadship election.

    Is my perception wrong?
  15. Banned
    Nullifidian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,741
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    14.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by houseman
    One night stand with 3 kids?

    Talk about beating the odds.

    What I find interesting about Americna politics is how most of the countrywill align itself with parties instead of ISSUES. You'll say to pick your battles yet find it perfectly acceptable that government waste their time on things like gay rights (fighting for or against) instead of things that actually matter to the country like employment, education and social security.

    Don't get me wrong. We do it here in Canada too but we don't seem to be AS party specific as Americans. That's a fact fiven we have 4 political parities running in our last country leadship election.

    Is my perception wrong?
    No your perception isn't wrong. Most voting Americans don't think past Republican and Democrat. They pick their side, and the other is evil. They don't care what the stances their party has on any issues, they have allied themselves with that party and will blindly defend ALL of that party's decisions no matter what. Fortunately however I see growing numbers in the Libertarian Party.
  16. Board Supporter
    Funny Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    360
    Rep Power
    304
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    45.92%

    Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian
    No your perception isn't wrong. Most voting Americans don't think past Republican and Democrat. They pick their side, and the other is evil. They don't care what the stances their party has on any issues, they have allied themselves with that party and will blindly defend ALL of that party's decisions no matter what. Fortunately however I see growing numbers in the Libertarian Party.
    I'm leaning towards libertarian might even vote for them next election unless of course hillary runs
  17. Advanced Member
    VanillaGorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    893
    Rep Power
    586
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    14.64%

    One night stand with 3 kids?
    The context is as a hypothetical situation. You can change it to 3 one night stands if you want. My point still stands....... what is Bush supposed to do? Give her a job or go find her a husband? The fact is this woman is in a better situation now than she was with Clinton administration. She gets to keep much more of her money than she would under Clinton. I still fail to see the point with this. What you rather have Clinton up their pretending to shed a tear , that he cares, and then later grope her when the cameras are off?
    What I find interesting about Americna politics is how most of the countrywill align itself with parties instead of ISSUES. You'll say to pick your battles yet find it perfectly acceptable that government waste their time on things like gay rights (fighting for or against) instead of things that actually matter to the country like employment, education and social security.
    Do you mean issues you agree with? Many people in the country think special rights for homosexuals is an important issue. In fact propositions that define marriage between a man and woman passed overwhelmingly in many states. The problem is judges are taking it upon themselves to legislate from the bench changing the will of the people. Bush is talking about fixing social security which the thread was about? I agree with you that education is a huge problem. We spend more money on education than any country and get piss poor results from it. Yet, all politicians want to do is throw more money at it.
    Don't get me wrong. We do it here in Canada too but we don't seem to be AS party specific as Americans. That's a fact fiven we have 4 political parities running in our last country leadship election.

    Is my perception wrong?
    Yes Candada is a pretty liberal place. They refused to let FOX news be shown untill recently. You can also be thown in jail for " hate speach".
  18. Advanced Member
    VanillaGorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    893
    Rep Power
    586
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    14.64%

    I'm leaning towards libertarian might even vote for them next election unless of course hillary runs
    Libertarians are for an open border. I can not vote for a party that believes in that.
  19. Registered User
    Aeternitatis's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,664
    Rep Power
    963
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    11.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I'm not too into politics since I'm just praying for civilation's collapse, but it is hard to deny that Bush's statement was insensitive. But hey, that's just how some people are. Certainly we've all encountered fools who squarely plant their feet in their mouths with everything they say. He kinda reminds me of Patrick Arnold over at BB.com. You know how he seems to always come off as egotistical and arrogant. I get accused of that a lot too, but that's just cause everybody hates me because they know that at any moment I could clean and press their asses.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-
  20. New Member
    Renton405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    130
    Rep Power
    187
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    9.77%

    now were comparing patrick arnold with bush, lol
  21. Senior Member
    Mass_69's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,550
    Rep Power
    3038
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    94.38%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeternitatis
    I'm not too into politics since I'm just praying for civilation's collapse, but it is hard to deny that Bush's statement was insensitive. But hey, that's just how some people are. Certainly we've all encountered fools who squarely plant their feet in their mouths with everything they say. He kinda reminds me of Patrick Arnold over at BB.com. You know how he seems to always come off as egotistical and arrogant. I get accused of that a lot too, but that's just cause everybody hates me because they know that at any moment I could clean and press their asses.
    That was the dumbest thing I've read all day...
  22. Registered User
    Aeternitatis's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,664
    Rep Power
    963
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    11.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Renton405
    now were comparing patrick arnold with bush, lol
    I'm glad someone finally sees what I'm saying...
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-
  23. Registered User
    Aeternitatis's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,664
    Rep Power
    963
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    11.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeternitatis
    I'm not too into politics since I'm just praying for civilation's collapse, but it is hard to deny that Bush's statement was insensitive.
    By the way, wtf is a civilation?
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-
  24. Advanced Member
    VanillaGorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    893
    Rep Power
    586
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    14.64%

    THE PRESIDENT: Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that. (Applause.) Get any sleep? (Laughter.)
    What is insensitive, egotistical and arrogant about this?
  25. Registered User
    Aeternitatis's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,664
    Rep Power
    963
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    11.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
    What is insensitive, egotistical and arrogant about this?
    I'll bet that you offend a lot of people... either that or don't interact with many people because of your lack of ability to withhold offensive r hurtful statements... like me.

    Now hold still while I brain thee
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-
  26. Advanced Member
    VanillaGorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    893
    Rep Power
    586
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    14.64%

    I'll bet that you offend a lot of people... either that or don't interact with many people because of your lack of ability to withhold offensive r hurtful statements... like me.
    How is asking a question (which you didn't answer) about how Bush's comments was insensitive, egotistical and or arrogant offensive or hurtful?
  27. Banned
    Nullifidian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,741
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    14.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    VG is perfect example of a diehard Republican. Look at his stances on issues. You'll see the only thing he seems to disagree with the Libertarian Party on is the open border issue. Meanwhile the Republicans are for big government, massive spending, pork barrelling, and let's not forget dictating to us how we should live our lives. From his posts he seems to be against all those things, yet for some reason he remains Republican.

    A perfect example of the typical American. Talks about issues, then votes with a party instead.
  28. Advanced Member
    VanillaGorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    893
    Rep Power
    586
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    14.64%

    VG is perfect example of a diehard Republican. Look at his stances on issues. You'll see the only thing he seems to disagree with the Libertarian Party on is the open border issue. Meanwhile the Republicans are for big government, massive spending, pork barrelling, and let's not forget dictating to us how we should live our lives. From his posts he seems to be against all those things, yet for some reason he remains Republican.

    A perfect example of the typical American. Talks about issues, then votes with a party instead.
    Nul ,If you have actually read any of my posts........ I never have or will identify myself as a republican. I identify myself as a conservative with some libertarian tendencies. I have said several times in various different threads that democrats are socials and republicans are socialist-lite. I have also said there is very few things that I agree with the Bush administration on. So once again you are flat out wrong and have no idea what you are talking about. Next time instead of appointing your self ask the expert on my opinion why don't you ask me instead of telling me what my opinions are? I think I am more qualified to comment on the matter and it won't make you look bad. It's a win / win situation.
  29. Advanced Member
    VanillaGorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    893
    Rep Power
    586
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    14.64%

    A perfect example of the typical American. Talks about issues, then votes with a party instead.
    Once again thank you for appointing yourself the authority on my opinion. I voted for perot 2 times and Buchanan. Your not doing so well here null. This time I voted for Bush because there was not really a third party conservative running. Who have you voted for? I hope it wasn't strictly democrats because that's going to make you look like quite the hypocrite.
  30. Advanced Member
    VanillaGorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    893
    Rep Power
    586
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    14.64%

    I'll bet that you offend a lot of people... either that or don't interact with many people because of your lack of ability to withhold offensive r hurtful statements... like me.
    I think your answer say allot more about you than it does me. I ask you to explain your comments and that makes me offensive, insensitive, and hurtful?
  31. Registered User
    Aeternitatis's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,664
    Rep Power
    963
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    11.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
    How is asking a question (which you didn't answer) about how Bush's comments was insensitive, egotistical and or arrogant offensive or hurtful?
    That deeply offends me. No abortions for you!
    (I'm a green fleece wearing loser vegetarian who takes antidepressents because I can't deal with my problems.)
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-
  32. Registered User
    Aeternitatis's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,664
    Rep Power
    963
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    11.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
    I identify myself as a conservative with some libertarian tendencies. .
    You're a conservative and have The Dude as your avatar? That's funny. Not funny haha, funny queer.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-
  33. Advanced Member
    VanillaGorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    893
    Rep Power
    586
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    14.64%

    That deeply offends me. No abortions for you!
    (I'm a green fleece wearing loser vegetarian who takes antidepressents because I can't deal with my problems.)
    You can't answer the question can you?
  34. Banned
    Nullifidian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,741
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    14.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    VG, I find it odd that you claim to be so against the current administration but then jump to defend it against ANY slight. Your posts on this board seem to indicate that you are RABIDLY pro-Bush.


    Btw, when I got into the voting booth, I voted Libertarian across the board except for City Council where I voted Republican. There happened to be Libertarian candidates in literally every position up for election, including Sheriff.

    While you might say that this sounds like I ally myself with the Libertarian party, the truth is, the issues I place highest priority on - my personal freedoms - are ONLY being defended by the Libertarians and no one else.
  35. Registered User
    Aeternitatis's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,664
    Rep Power
    963
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    11.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
    You can't answer the question can you?
    You can't take a hint can you?
    No no, let me: I was joking with you.
    However, I don't see why anyone (including myself) would feel they need to explain their opinions just because you fail to understand. The fact that you require me to explain myself shows your lack of empathy therefore proves my first assertion. That is a logical arguement.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-
  36. New Member
    INFOHAZARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    53
    Posts
    214
    Rep Power
    230
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    61.02%

    Quote Originally Posted by griz145389
    So, if his remark was way off base, what would have been a more important answer? Maybe, he didn't need to add the get any sleep comment, but to me it seemed like he was just trying to lighten the situation a little. The rest of his comment seemed to be a compliment to that woman that she was able to bust her ass to work and provide for her family. I don't like bush myself, but pick your battles man.
    A woman (or man) working 3 jobs is in serious distress. Something a president should be trying to prevent, not applaud.
  37. New Member
    INFOHAZARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    53
    Posts
    214
    Rep Power
    230
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    61.02%

    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
    If you have a problem with that you have a problem with liberalism. Her problem has to do with the break down of the family and taxes. As taxes go up more and more families simply can not afford to have a parent stay home with their kids. I don't know what lead to situation that this woman is in but the more money she can keep the less she has to work. So instead of having three jobs she could have one and a half. The divorcé rate is extremely high in the country. IMO there is almost a religion of selfishness and instant gratification that is an epidemic in this country. Relationships are hard sometimes, there is no question about that. Instead of working threw problems, people are so focused on how they are feeling in the moment and that the problem doesn't take two minutes to fix they walk away. Woman are also being taught that they can do it all. They can have a full time career and raise a few kids. Sorry it can't be done. Raising a kid is a 24 hour a day job and it's important at least one parent to be their for them, even as they get older. Remember in high school which kids house you went to when your were up to no good? It was the kid who had no parents at his house. The other thing that is going down the toilet is the concept of personal responsibility.It's not Bush's fault she isn't with the father of the kids or that she has to work three jobs. Should the government pick your significant other, your education, or your job for you? Sometimes you can't foresee things down the road. Maybe the guy she was with beat the hell out of her and she had to get away from him................ Maybe she went to art school, had a one nightstand and got pregnant. In either case I fail to see how you can blame Bush alone for it. Well, I guess you can and probably will but IMO it's intellectually dishonest.
    The issue here is that Bush defined 3 jobs as the norm.
  38. New Member
    INFOHAZARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    53
    Posts
    214
    Rep Power
    230
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    61.02%

    Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian
    No your perception isn't wrong. Most voting Americans don't think past Republican and Democrat. They pick their side, and the other is evil. They don't care what the stances their party has on any issues, they have allied themselves with that party and will blindly defend ALL of that party's decisions no matter what. Fortunately however I see growing numbers in the Libertarian Party.
    One of the problems with Freedom and Democracy 1.0 (the US Constitution) is that it is not a parlamentary system. It's winner take all. This leads to the only stable configuration being a two party system with one in control of any given branch and very black-and-white, extremeist politics. Later countries (including the ones we wrote the constitutions for after WWII) made the systems Parlementary, leading to stable systems with many parties. This is much heathier.

    Unfortunately, in order to fix this little bug, there would have to be a Constitutional Convention, and should that happen, we'd as likely as not end up a Theocracy.

    Crap.


    INFOHAZARD
  39. New Member
    INFOHAZARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    53
    Posts
    214
    Rep Power
    230
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    61.02%

    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
    The context is as a hypothetical situation. You can change it to 3 one night stands if you want. My point still stands....... what is Bush supposed to do? Give her a job or go find her a husband? The fact is this woman is in a better situation now than she was with Clinton administration. She gets to keep much more of her money than she would under Clinton.
    That's a rather audacious assumption. How do you know her actual situation under Clinton? You don't.
  40. New Member
    INFOHAZARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    53
    Posts
    214
    Rep Power
    230
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    61.02%

    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
    What is insensitive, egotistical and arrogant about this?
    It's fantastic that she has to work 3 jobs? The number of jobs is not like the weight you can bench. We're not talking bragging rights.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 11:36 PM
  2. For Sale: NP "Super Phenibut" (Miscellaneous Products)
    By Rustysballs in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 08:03 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 02:06 PM
  4. George W. Bush's best quotes of 2007...lol
    By pistonpump in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 10:11 AM
  5. quoting...
    By sage in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-20-2002, 10:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in