New Republican Idea: Punishing Rape Victims with Jail Time

Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
  1. ax1
    ax1 is offline
    Registered User
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,379
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Literally nothing.

    An argument of nothing more than semantics, the main point of the entire post is still valid but he would attempt to shift the focus of the debate to avoid addressing the topic at hand.

    You know, typical SP procedure.
    He also usually likes to pick a mispell in someones post to invalidate their point.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!

  2. Registered User
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Lol cool.

    My number was wrong, glad that you can point that out but make no argument that is relevant to this at all.

    The point stands (in fact you said it yourself), Jefferson wanted that. Apparently not many shared that BELIEF (opinion).
    I mean hey it's cool to make statements that are factually incorrect and then further use them to support more of your opinions. I guess that passes for being well informed these days. It's novel. I like it.
  3. ax1
    ax1 is offline
    Registered User
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,379
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    I mean hey it's cool to make statements that are factually incorrect and then further use them to support more of your opinions. I guess that passes for being well informed these days. It's novel. I like it.
    He was off by an amount of years, so what this isnt the SAT's.....and I know you didnt know that by heart.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    And what was your purpose of that?
    That if you're going to have an opinion and toss out incorrect information, it's laughable. Now please keep in mind, I realize that isn't the case here...so carry on.
  5. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,167
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post

    I mean hey it's cool to make statements that are factually incorrect and then further use them to support more of your opinions. I guess that passes for being well informed these days. It's novel. I like it.
    Attempt #2.

    Your professor didn't have any scripted argument for this one?

    The main point of the post was still completely correct. Jefferson wanted the constitution to be amended every X years, I just couldn't recall how many.

    You obviously weren't on the debate team at your school.

    Still waiting for that rebuttal.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  6. ax1
    ax1 is offline
    Registered User
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,379
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Attempt #2.

    Your professor didn't have any scripted argument for this one?

    The main point of the post was still completely correct. Jefferson wanted the constitution to be amended every X years, I just couldn't recall how many.

    You obviously weren't on the debate team at your school.

    Still waiting for that rebuttal.
    From now on you need to Google or Wikipedia your facts and have them posted accurately, or your opinion is atrocious and a waste of my time. j/k on my part of course
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  7. Registered User
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Attempt #2.

    Your professor didn't have any scripted argument for this one?

    The main point of the post was still completely correct. Jefferson wanted the constitution to be amended every X years, I just couldn't recall how many.

    You obviously weren't on the debate team at your school.

    Still waiting for that rebuttal.
    No just a ton of uninformed opinions. You would have loved him!
  8. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,167
    Answers
    0

    Has anyone else noticed that when someone makes a valid point (and doesn't have any typos) SP completely ignores them and tries to change the subject?
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  9. Registered User
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    From now on you need to Google or Wikipedia your facts and have them posted accurately, or your opinion is atrocious and a waste of my time. j/k on my part of course
    Well it certainly helps to be well informed AX, regardless of whatever resources you choose to use, which is common knowledge extends to Alex Jones...awesome. Again, I realize that isn't the case for some here, as tossing out incorrect information seems to be habit forming for some. But again, I'm the elitist a-hole who cites factual information, rather than a blog. How dare I use real sources and toss out real facts. That is Bush League.
  10. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,167
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    I never said either of those things (with all that education you can't read it seems).

    You have made it perfectly clear that my posts are my opinions, which is completely true. I base my opinion off of my own knowledge and my morals/beliefs. Which coincides with the Bill of Rights (which do change to reflect the times in case you wanna bring that argument up).

    Also, and lets see if you can follow this, the Bill of Rights was votes into existence by the founding fathers. Which means the majority of them agreed with those Rights, apparently those same founding fathers did not agree with Jefferson wanting the constitution to be changed/amended every 19 years.

    Which obviously means it wasn't just Madison but was the majority of the founding fathers. So why is Jefferson's opinion greater than the majority?

    Don't answer because I already know the answer to that question.

    "Because my college professor taught me that Jefferson was the bestest founding father! "

    And keep in mind that I don't discount Jefferson's opinion, all I am doing is pointing out that it is not infallible (as you would make it seem) and is merely his OPINION.
    What's incorrect?
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  11. ax1
    ax1 is offline
    Registered User
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,379
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Well it certainly helps to be well informed AX, regardless of whatever resources you choose to use, which is common knowledge extends to Alex Jones...awesome. Again, I realize that isn't the case for some here, as tossing out incorrect information seems to be habit forming for some. But again, I'm the elitist a-hole who cites factual information, rather than a blog. How dare I use real sources and toss out real facts. That is Bush League.
    There you go again, Ill post anything and its from Alex Jones. Not that I have a problem with Alex personally, but damn Ill post something I copied and pasted directly from the White House and you still think it comes from Alex Jones. Alex Jones will post a Bill on his website, but it comes from Alex Jones because it came from me posting it, which must have come from Alex Jones and he has slaves in his basement who are photoshop experts, and even fool you with links to a website that looks like the White House's website.

    So Ill tell you what, its going to be 60 degrees tomorrow in Washington, but its coming from me so it comes from Alex which although he used the Weather Channel as a source it came from me then Alex so instead of discussing the weather we all know Alex didnt graduate college which only means he does not have the credentials for, well anything including reporting the weather which they get all wrong all the time anyways and Weather Channel is just a conspiracy website because Alex Jones goes on there all the time and....nevermind.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  12. Registered User
    TexasGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    796
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that when someone makes a valid point (and doesn't have any typos) SP completely ignores them and tries to change the subject?
    Yes.

    And for the record, even if you had 8 years instead of 19, the logic stands in context.
  13. ax1
    ax1 is offline
    Registered User
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,379
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    What's incorrect?
    Are you asking a "lacuna?"
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  14. Registered User
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    Yes.

    And for the record, even if you had 8 years instead of 19, the logic stands in context.
    And contextually speaking your argument against the words of Thomas Jefferson for being a slave owner/upper elite, yet espousing and upholding the words of Madison who was also part of the same class system...contradictory. Context.
  15. Registered User
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Are you asking a "lacuna?"
    Yes, so you should answer him. See what I did there...
  16. Registered User
    TexasGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    796
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    He was off by an amount of years, so what this isnt the SAT's.....and I know you didnt know that by heart.
    Lol, no ****. Everybody is a "fact genius" with google.

    His ability to think through an idea, as previously mentioned though, is horrendous.
  17. Registered User
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    Lol, no ****. Everybody is a "fact genius" with google.

    His ability to think through an idea, as previously mentioned though, is horrendous.
    To be fair, as is your inability to cite parallels in regards to some of your own examples, dare I call them thoughts.
  18. Registered User
    TexasGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    796
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    And contextually speaking your argument against the words of Thomas Jefferson for being a slave owner/upper elite, yet espousing and upholding the words of Madison who was also part of the same class system...contradictory. Context.
    You are editing the applicable context of Jeffersons slave agenda vs. the context of the Bill of Rights being interpreted and applied as a stand alone document, judged by it's content and not its author, for the second time.

    You are starting to look like a dumb ass to win an argument that never really made sense to begin with.
  19. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,167
    Answers
    0

    At this point I am convinced that this little 'debate' is over. He has stooped to arguing semantics, he has no valid argument against anything that was presented and he hasn't made one for the last ~60 minutes or so (brb checking the times to be 100% on that).

    He has no point to make and is only trying to invalidate the opinions of others because they aren't spoon fed to him by a professor.

    He never has a point to make, he maybe puts up a good fight for the first couple of posts but then he is always confronted by an opinion that isn't in his Book of Political Rebuttals.

    The worst part is that he actually believes he is somehow winning here, its like in his mind if he ignores something it never happened. Must be from getting smacked around in a ring too much.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCxj...e_gdata_player

    This video basically sums up SP's debate skill, please note that he is the delusional one wearing blue.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  20. Registered User
    TexasGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    796
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    To be fair, as is your inability to cite parallels in regards to some of your own examples, dare I call them thoughts.
    The parallel only exists when you intentionally edit the applicable content. You're a piece of work, bro.
  21. Registered User
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    You are editing the applicable context of Jeffersons slave agenda vs. the context of the Bill of Rights being interpreted and applied as a stand alone document, judged by it's content and not its author, for the second time.

    You are starting to look like a dumb ass to win an argument that never really made sense to begin with.
    Cool story. When first adopted, the Bill of Rights applied to white men and excluded most Americans. Free blacks were excluded from The Bill of Rights because they were not citizens.Also excluded were all women, American Indians, immigrants, and white men who did not own land. There's a bit of content, written by Madison (now apply context) who was also a slave owner/upper class elite, a lot like Thomas Jefferson.

    I'm off to bed, feel free to hammer away at me until the morning. However, note what's posted above...FACTUAL. Night.
  22. ax1
    ax1 is offline
    Registered User
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,379
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Cool story. When first adopted, the Bill of Rights applied to white men and excluded most Americans. Free blacks were excluded from The Bill of Rights because they were not citizens.Also excluded were all women, American Indians, immigrants, and white men who did not own land. There's a bit of content, written by Madison (now apply context) who was also a slave owner/upper class elite.
    Blacks were suppressed by man, not the laws in the Bill of Rights. Where in the Bill of Rights does it state that rights apply only to white man?
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  23. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,167
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post

    Cool story. When first adopted, the Bill of Rights applied to white men and excluded most Americans. Free blacks were excluded from The Bill of Rights because they were not citizens.Also excluded were all women, American Indians, immigrants, and white men who did not own land. There's a bit of content, written by Madison (now apply context) who was also a slave owner/upper class elite.

    I'm off to bed, feel free to hammer away at me until the morning. However, note what's posted above...FACTUAL. Night.
    Is it that way now or do ALL of those people have those rights?

    Hooray for change!

    Its weird how they are the same but are expanded to meet the needs of newer generations.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  24. Registered User
    TexasGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    796
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Cool story. When first adopted, the Bill of Rights applied to white men and excluded most Americans. Free blacks were excluded from The Bill of Rights because they were not citizens.Also excluded were all women, American Indians, immigrants, and white men who did not own land. There's a bit of content, written by Madison (now apply context) who was also a slave owner/upper class elite.

    I'm off to bed, feel free to hammer away at me until the morning. However, note what's posted above...FACTUAL. Night.
    You are still playing a semantical game. The Bill of Rights is what it is, even if its own author was choosy about application. Your argument changes nothing and the facts are irrelevant.

    And sweet dreams cupcake. I won't be hammering you though, sorry.
  25. Registered User
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Blacks were suppressed by man, not the laws in the Bill of Rights. Where in the Bill of Rights does it state that rights apply only to white man?
    The Constitution was ratified BEFORE the Bill Of Rights. The Bill Of Rights was meant to amend the EXISTING Constitution, which at the time PROTECTED slavery and did nothing to change it. Per Article 4:
    Quote:

    No Person held to Service or Labour in one State, under the Laws thereof, escaping into another, shall, in Consequence of any Law or Regulation therein, be discharged from such Service or Labour, But shall be delivered up on Claim of the Party to whom such Service or Labour may be due. This simply meant all runaway slaves could no longer hope making it to a free state equated to freedom. Now was there ANYTHING in the Bill Of Rights that repealed this section of Article 4?


    What about Article 1?


    Quote:

    Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons.


    ^^^ That wasn't repealed either.


    The power to end slavery, it remained purely a matter of states rights and the Bill Of Rights did NOTHING to amend away existing provisions of the Constitution OR enlarge the powers of the federal government to abolish it. Not one of the first ten amendments did ANYTHING to repeal the sections of the Constitution that protected slavery but further set in stone the doctrine of states rights which could be used as a legal basis to perpetuate it, per the following:


    The U.S. Constitution, as ratified in 1788 …

    • Forbade Congress from prohibiting the importation of slaves for the following 20 years.
    • Mandated that a “person held to service or labor” in one state be “delivered up on claim of the party to whom such service or labor shall be due.”
    • Enacted an uneasy compromise designed to end a long debate over whether to count slaves in population totals that would affect taxes and representation in Congress. Slaves, who had no rights whatsoever under the Constitution, were each counted as three fifths of a person for the purpose of these totals. The clause was the first of a long line of uneasy official compromises between white southerners and white northerners regarding slavery.

    Obstacles and Opportunities

    In 1793, Congress passed the Fugitive Slave Law to enforce the U.S. Constitution's demand that runaway slaves be returned to their masters; the law permitted those who owned slaves to cross state lines in order to regain physical control of their escaped “property.” Some Northern legislatures passed laws ensuring pursued slaves the right to trial by jury and the right to give testimony in court in these disputes.


    • Mandated that a “person held to service or labor” in one state be “delivered up on claim of the party to whom such service or labor shall be due.”
    • Enacted an uneasy compromise designed to end a long debate over whether to count slaves in population totals that would affect taxes and representation in Congress. Slaves, who had no rights whatsoever under the Constitution, were each counted as three fifths of a person for the purpose of these totals. The clause was the first of a long line of uneasy official compromises between white southerners and white northerners regarding slavery.


    Despite its seemingly inclusive wording, the Bill of Rights did not apply to all Americans—and it wouldn’t for more than 130 years. At the time of its ratification, the “people” referenced in the amendments were understood to be land-owning white men only. Blacks only received equal protection under the law in 1868, and even then it was purely on paper. Women couldn’t vote in all states before 1920, and Native Americans did not achieve full citizenship until 1924.


    ^^^Factual (sorry they're not opinions Buick)...Exhausted...goodnight .
  26. Registered User
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    You are still playing a semantical game. The Bill of Rights is what it is, even if its own author was choosy about application. Your argument changes nothing and the facts are irrelevant.

    And sweet dreams cupcake. I won't be hammering you though, sorry.
    Well at least now you finally admit it. Night sugarpants.
  27. Registered User
    Russianog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    176
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    IT ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE FAIR.

    What the hell do you not understand about military culture?

    Your job right now, is to shut up and color. Do what you are told, when you are told. Carry yourself with respect.

    The military hasn't changed in the last 100+ years. The goal and how you get there have always been the same. Defend the constitution by any means necessary. If that means your commanding officers wants you to spit shine his damn boots, you better drink up your gatorade now to ensure you can get them to be mirrors.

    What did you join for then? The GI Bill... the Discount at Spencers?
    Maybe fair was less of the correct term, how about considerate and at the least logical.
    I understand everything about military culture, but me having an understanding of it, and disagreeing with it, are two different things.

    Funny how you put that, in the end all result, yes, do what you're told, when you're told to do it. Now, that seems like they are breeding slaves...

    What gets me is that somehow being human is thrown out the window here and a sense of entitlement gets embedded in people who are no better than their subordinates.

    The grand scheme of the military maybe hasn't changed in the last 100 years, but it most certainly changed on every smaller area within. If you don't think so, then I'm going to flat out describe you as IGNORANT, UNAWARE, and UNEDUCATED. If my job was to defend the constitution, I would gladly put a bullet in the brains of anyone who threatened it, however that's obviously NOT my job because you don't see me doing that.

    If my CO, who most likely never would even utter a word to me on a daily basis, wanted me to spit shine his boots... a bitch would go ahead and take care of that. A person who carries himself with respect, dignity, and pride would tell him that he can spit shine his own boots. Again, back to the sense of entitlement. The same goes for cross MOS and so forth.

    You seem to have a very historic and ancient point of view on the military.

    I have a soft spot for helping people and making a difference in the world, I thought this would be a adventurous 4 years in which I could accomplish those said goals. Neither of which was accomplished, pretty much wasted 4 years, which I do not regret only due to the small lessons learned and the 7 or 8 incredible people i've met that changed my life in a positive way, and vice versa.

    GI Bill lol... my parents were fortunate enough to climb above the pit of poverty and do well for themselves. They were prepared to fund any school I wanted to go to. And yes, the 10% at spencers is too good to pass up.

    on another note, wow this thread grew in the 9 hours I was gone lol
  28. Registered User
    Ballesteri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    471
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Okay so not many people would vote for Thomas Jefferson according to you, based on the fact that he was a slave owner and member of the upper class, fair enough. Then in your very next statement, which conflicts entirely with your first time statement and here's why. You dismiss the slave owning Jefferson, yet uphold the Bill of Rights, which was written by another former president and one of the founding fathers...now follow along and connect it to your first statement about Jefferson. Who authored the Bill of Rights? Here's a hint, like many other Virginia statesmen in the slave society, he was a slaveholder and part of the élite; he inherited his plantation known asMontpelier and and owned hundreds of slaves during his lifetime to cultivate tobacco and other crops. So Thomas Jefferson and his writings dismissed as "weird" due to the fact he was a slave owner, and part of the upper class elite, and Madison who was also part of the elite along with being a slave owner is upheld and regarded highly in your book. Makes complete sense. I'll give you this, if anything you seem to be quite the student of history.
    S. Paw, I am trying to catch up on this thread over my morning cup of coffee and have stopped at your post to remind you that paragraphs are a good thing!
  29. ax1
    ax1 is offline
    Registered User
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,379
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Despite its seemingly inclusive wording, the Bill of Rights did not apply to all Americans—and it wouldn’t for more than 130 years. At the time of its ratification, the “people” referenced in the amendments were understood to be land-owning white men only. Blacks only received equal protection under the law in 1868, and even then it was purely on paper. Women couldn’t vote in all states before 1920, and Native Americans did not achieve full citizenship until 1924.


    ^^^Factual (sorry they're not opinions Buick)...Exhausted...goodnight .
    So does the Bill of Rights exclude anyone? The obvious answer is no. Its man who excludes ones right, which we still see happening all the time today.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  30. Registered User
    Ballesteri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    471
    Answers
    0

    I will say this, I always admire it when one man takes on the whole lot, S. Paw is an idealist which is rare in the climate of the current culture.
    When you say your going to bed and even after you brush your teeth and try to fall asleep, but can't because you keep thinking "What are they saying now!" "I must return and set them straight!"
    If more Americans showed less apathy perhaps the country would not be in the unfortunate condition it is today.
  31. Registered User
    Russianog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    25
    Posts
    176
    Answers
    0

    If we're talking about slavery in early development stages of america, it wasn't the bill of rights that excluded them, it was the misinterpretation by some of the population that excluded them.
  32. ax1
    ax1 is offline
    Registered User
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,379
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Russianog View Post
    If we're talking about slavery in early development stages of america, it wasn't the bill of rights that excluded them, it was the misinterpretation by some of the population that excluded them.
    And even to this day the Bill of Rights applies only when the current regime wants to apply it.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  33. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,796
    Answers
    1

    Re: New Republican Idea: Punishing Rape Victims with Jail Time


    Some fun reading

    http://db.tt/S7WkNEbb

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  34. Registered User
    Bigcountry08's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    665
    Answers
    0

    You know ax1, jim, southpaw, and tex all had naked chicks sitting next to them last night while they were all flaming on each other.

    chick : can we go to bed now, I want to have sex.

    Guys : No! Im about to burn this guy good, just 12 more posts till I lead him into my trap.
    Bigcountry's Getting a little smaller: Epi/Stano Log

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/231194-bigcountrys-getting-little.html
  35. Registered User
    TexasGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    796
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    The Constitution was ratified BEFORE the Bill Of Rights. The Bill Of Rights was meant to amend the EXISTING Constitution, which at the time PROTECTED slavery and did nothing to change it. Per Article 4:
    Quote:

    No Person held to Service or Labour in one State, under the Laws thereof, escaping into another, shall, in Consequence of any Law or Regulation therein, be discharged from such Service or Labour, But shall be delivered up on Claim of the Party to whom such Service or Labour may be due. This simply meant all runaway slaves could no longer hope making it to a free state equated to freedom. Now was there ANYTHING in the Bill Of Rights that repealed this section of Article 4?


    What about Article 1?


    Quote:

    Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons.


    ^^^ That wasn't repealed either.


    The power to end slavery, it remained purely a matter of states rights and the Bill Of Rights did NOTHING to amend away existing provisions of the Constitution OR enlarge the powers of the federal government to abolish it. Not one of the first ten amendments did ANYTHING to repeal the sections of the Constitution that protected slavery but further set in stone the doctrine of states rights which could be used as a legal basis to perpetuate it, per the following:


    The U.S. Constitution, as ratified in 1788 …

    • Forbade Congress from prohibiting the importation of slaves for the following 20 years.
    • Mandated that a “person held to service or labor” in one state be “delivered up on claim of the party to whom such service or labor shall be due.”
    • Enacted an uneasy compromise designed to end a long debate over whether to count slaves in population totals that would affect taxes and representation in Congress. Slaves, who had no rights whatsoever under the Constitution, were each counted as three fifths of a person for the purpose of these totals. The clause was the first of a long line of uneasy official compromises between white southerners and white northerners regarding slavery.

    Obstacles and Opportunities

    In 1793, Congress passed the Fugitive Slave Law to enforce the U.S. Constitution's demand that runaway slaves be returned to their masters; the law permitted those who owned slaves to cross state lines in order to regain physical control of their escaped “property.” Some Northern legislatures passed laws ensuring pursued slaves the right to trial by jury and the right to give testimony in court in these disputes.


    • Mandated that a “person held to service or labor” in one state be “delivered up on claim of the party to whom such service or labor shall be due.”
    • Enacted an uneasy compromise designed to end a long debate over whether to count slaves in population totals that would affect taxes and representation in Congress. Slaves, who had no rights whatsoever under the Constitution, were each counted as three fifths of a person for the purpose of these totals. The clause was the first of a long line of uneasy official compromises between white southerners and white northerners regarding slavery.


    Despite its seemingly inclusive wording, the Bill of Rights did not apply to all Americans—and it wouldn’t for more than 130 years. At the time of its ratification, the “people” referenced in the amendments were understood to be land-owning white men only. Blacks only received equal protection under the law in 1868, and even then it was purely on paper. Women couldn’t vote in all states before 1920, and Native Americans did not achieve full citizenship until 1924.


    ^^^Factual (sorry they're not opinions Buick)...Exhausted...goodnight .
    JimBuick quoted the Bill of Rights, not the entire constitution.
  36. Registered User
    Ballesteri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    471
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry08 View Post
    You know ax1, jim, southpaw, and tex all had naked chicks sitting next to them last night while they were all flaming on each other.

    chick : can we go to bed now, I want to have sex.

    Guys : No! Im about to burn this guy good, just 12 more posts till I lead him into my trap.
    Nah, I think they were prolly desperately seeking advise from their sig. others. Females are the kings of setting "traps"
  37. Registered User
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballesteri View Post
    Nah, I think they were prolly desperately seeking advise from their sig. others. Females are the kings of setting "traps"
    Who sets traps in a fitness forum? Lol.
  38. Registered User
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    JimBuick quoted the Bill of Rights, not the entire constitution.
    Ugh riiiight. Feel free to respond to what I posted above.
  39. Registered User
    Ballesteri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    471
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Besides they put themselves in the air, I just kicked away the chair.
    Perhaps if you had helped them down without the kicking some would be more apt to listen to your point of view.
  40. Registered User
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballesteri View Post
    Perhaps if you had helped down without the kicking some would be more apt to listen to your point of view.
    I was kidding. It's a line from...sigh never mind. All the information I provided above is factual. It's not my wording. There is a reason why they won't listen to me, or let's say someone else who use to post in here (here2study), it's because they have opposing viewpoints and they're sticking to it, regardless of whether or not you post accurate sources. It is what it is.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Need new routine idea's
    By Chemist63 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-18-2005, 08:00 AM
  2. New PCT idea...
    By ManBeast in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2004, 01:07 PM
  3. New cycle idea
    By Sanosuke in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-24-2003, 04:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in