New Republican Idea: Punishing Rape Victims with Jail Time - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

New Republican Idea: Punishing Rape Victims with Jail Time

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
  1. Advanced Member
    TexasGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    797
    Rep Power
    188234

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Yourself included I'm sure.
    I do enjoy a clown from time to time. Your pseudo-intellectual approach is getting boring though. Do you dance?

  2. Professional Member
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Rep Power
    1387264

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Says who? Says big brother Department of Education? lol, thats just silly. The requirement of accreditation is only valid if you want it to be a requirement. Its your own opinion. Perhaps it helps you get a job in the corporate world and give you a better paycheck, thats about it. They all deserve a chance though, Im not invalidating someone just because they are accredited and work in corporate but really education has nothing to do with personal bias, motive (goverment, money, etc) which may make any accreditation invalid.
    Personal bias, motives etc exist in all of us. I'm referring to something else entirely.
  3. Advanced Member
    TexasGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    797
    Rep Power
    188234

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Yes, I am. Because journalism is a profession, it requires accreditation. Blogging ain't the same thing. My niece blogs. I know you have this belief that anyone can do just about anything, unfortunately it doesn't work that way. You wouldn't walk into a hospital and say..."hey man, I just came back from the library, read a couple of medical books and I'm ready to get my heart surgery on."
    If journalism is a profession, so is grocery sacking. You can't seriously be comparing journalists to surgeons.
    •   
       

  4. ax1
    Elite Member
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,383
    Rep Power
    1092781

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    I do enjoy a clown from time to time. Your pseudo-intellectual approach is getting boring though. Do you dance?
    Your not a dancer if you didnt attend a training program and are accredited and certified
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  5. ax1
    Elite Member
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,383
    Rep Power
    1092781

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Personal bias, motives etc exist in all of us. I'm referring to something else entirely.
    Oh, I need to re-read that, must have forgot!

    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  6. Professional Member
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Rep Power
    1387264

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    I do enjoy a clown from time to time. Your pseudo-intellectual approach is getting boring though. Do you dance?
    Says the guy who's responded to boredom...TWICE. Comedy.
  7. Advanced Member
    TexasGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    797
    Rep Power
    188234

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post


    There you go! Now spin! Oh wait...
  8. Professional Member
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Rep Power
    1387264

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    There you go! Now spin! Oh wait...
    Oh wow! Cool story! Yawn...make that three times now. Are you that easy to manipulate and control in your real life?
  9. ax1
    Elite Member
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,383
    Rep Power
    1092781

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Oh wow! Cool story! Yawn...make that three times now. Are you that easy to manipulate and control in your real life?
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  10. Advanced Member
    TexasGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    797
    Rep Power
    188234

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Oh wow! Cool story! Yawn...make that three times now. Are you that easy to manipulate and control in your real life?
    So you are a troll then? A dancing troll? And three times a clown with your bull**** analogies and shifty fallacies, wait this is four!

    But look at you controlling people and sh!t! You're awesome bro!
  11. Professional Member
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Rep Power
    1387264

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    So you are a troll then? A dancing troll? And three times a clown with your bull**** analogies and shifty fallacies, wait this is four!

    But look at you controlling people and sh!t! You're awesome bro!
    Seriously, are you the 40 year old virgin? Whenever you type awesome bro, I swap it for Kelly Clarkson.
  12. Advanced Member
    Bigcountry08's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    665
    Rep Power
    336128

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Is this the thread debating whether unicorns are real or not ?

    What if Obamas 18 year old mom aborted him? Deep thoughts....

    this thread has gone random topic shrimp storm !!!! ( I put shrimp cause we cant say the swear word for poop on here)

    When are you guys gonna relize we arent in a two party system anymore. Republicans are basically light weight libirals.
    Bigcountry's Getting a little smaller: Epi/Stano Log

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/231194-bigcountrys-getting-little.html
  13. Advanced Member
    TexasGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    797
    Rep Power
    188234

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Seriously, are you the 40 year old virgin? Whenever you type awesome bro, I swap it for Kelly Clarkson.
    Lol, and now we are on to the teenage tampon!

    Cool bro!
  14. New Member
    Ballesteri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    471
    Rep Power
    1769575

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry08 View Post


    Republicans are basically light weight libirals.
    imo this is big part of the prob. look at what happened with Mitt many did not even bother to show at the polls because he is no true Reagan Con. Again imo if it had been say Marco Rubio instead I think it would have been different. The more Rep. move to the Center the worse it will be for them. "They will never out liberal the dems."
  15. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,683
    Rep Power
    2077855

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    It's funny to read these thread then watch the news. Everyone is so all over the places with where republicans, liberals, conservative & democrats stand.

    Problem is, most people outside of this thread couldn't care less about politics and will continue to do what's "cool". Obama is cool in most people's eyes.

    I'm sure you guys know this, 70% of people are so far disconnected with politics and care more about Honey Bo Boo, Teen mom & the bachelor.

    Most these political threads de-rail, I've seen it happen for the past 8 years here. Nothing new, just my $0.02 gentleman....carry on.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  16. New Member
    Ballesteri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    471
    Rep Power
    1769575

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    It's funny to read these thread then watch the news. Everyone is so all over the places with where republicans, liberals, conservative & democrats stand.

    Problem is, most people outside of this thread couldn't care less about politics and will continue to do what's "cool". Obama is cool in most people's eyes.

    I'm sure you guys know this, 70% of people are so far disconnected with politics and care more about Honey Bo Boo, Teen mom & the bachelor.

    .

    Comon man you left out the Bieber
  17. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,683
    Rep Power
    2077855

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballesteri View Post

    Comon man you left out the Bieber
    I do have a fever.....for bieber!!!!!!!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  18. Advanced Member
    Bigcountry08's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    665
    Rep Power
    336128

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    You need to get that taken care of, I have some spare cow bell left over from my last fever, if its not to bad it should knock it out.
    Bigcountry's Getting a little smaller: Epi/Stano Log

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/231194-bigcountrys-getting-little.html
  19. Board Supporter
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,236
    Rep Power
    6718341

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post

    If journalism is a profession, so is grocery sacking. You can't seriously be comparing journalists to surgeons.
    I had the same reaction when I read that.
  20. Professional Member
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Rep Power
    1387264

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I had the same reaction when I read that.
    Seems about right.
  21. Board Supporter
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,236
    Rep Power
    6718341

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post

    That seems about right.
    It was a ridiculous comparison.

    I had it selected to respond to it but as I continued reading the rest of the pages I saw that it had already been pointed out.
  22. Professional Member
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Rep Power
    1387264

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    It was a ridiculous comparison.

    I had it selected to respond to but as I continued reading the rest of the pages I saw that it had already been pointed out.

    Cool. You have an opinion, didn't see that one coming.
  23. Board Supporter
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,236
    Rep Power
    6718341

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post

    Cool. You have an opinion, didn't see that one coming.
    Hmm and here I was thinking this was America, you know that place where people have the right to have their own opinions.

    But I forgot you don't believe in the bill of rights, my fault.
  24. Board Supporter
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,236
    Rep Power
    6718341

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Maybe I should change my name to Thomas Jefferson, because apparently his opinion is the only one that matters.
  25. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,683
    Rep Power
    2077855

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Maybe I should change my name to Thomas Jefferson, because apparently his opinion is the only one that matters.
    Then I can call you TJ for short ;-)
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  26. Advanced Member
    TexasGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    797
    Rep Power
    188234

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Cool. You have an opinion, didn't see that one coming.
    It's not like his opinion is outlandish.

    I'm glad to see you acknowledging objectivity though. Turn it torwards a mirror. And then add some ridiculous.
  27. Board Supporter
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,236
    Rep Power
    6718341

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    The funniest part is that SP puts a ridiculous amount of stock in higher education but apparently lacks the ability to formulate an opinion of his own.

    What good is an education if you are not capable of using that knowledge to form your own opinions based upon your morals or beliefs.

    I would much prefer people to not have degrees but be capable of forming an opinion based upon the knowledge they seek out than to have people just spew the opinions of others because they believe that their (insert person here) is infallible.
  28. Advanced Member
    TexasGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    797
    Rep Power
    188234

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    The funniest part is that SP puts a ridiculous amount of stock in higher education but apparently lacks the ability to formulate an opinion of his own.

    What good is an education if you are not capable of using that knowledge to form your own opinions based upon your morals or beliefs.

    I would much prefer people to not have degrees but be capable of forming an opinion based upon the knowledge they seek out than to have people just spew the opinions of others because they believe that their (insert person here) is infallible.
    Yeah, and it's weird too that his example is Jefferson. I mean, presidents are elected based on the opinion voters have of his platform. How many people today would vote for a slave owning member of the upper class who spends gov't money to expand slave territory? Not many.


    The bill of rights, however, is a flagship cornerstone of the USA, which current and future laws of the land should be checked against.


    The objectivity mirror might be too ridiculously shaded for him to see himself.
  29. Professional Member
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Rep Power
    1387264

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    The funniest part is that SP puts a ridiculous amount of stock in higher education but apparently lacks the ability to formulate an opinion of his own.

    What good is an education if you are not capable of using that knowledge to form your own opinions based upon your morals or beliefs.

    I would much prefer people to not have degrees but be capable of forming an opinion based upon the knowledge they seek out than to have people just spew the opinions of others because they believe that their (insert person here) is infallible.
    Okay let's see if I can follow your logic here. You dismiss the thoughts,ideas and written expressions etc. of Thomas Jefferson, as merely a man's opinions. Never mind that these opinions were expressed by a former president and founding father. Okay cool.Then in the very next breath you uphold the Bill of Rights, claiming that I don't, yet it was written by a former president and founding father. In summary, Thomas Jefferson equals one man's opinion. Bill of Rights = demi god aka Madison. Makes complete sense.
  30. Board Supporter
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,236
    Rep Power
    6718341

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post

    Yeah, and it's weird too that his example is Jefferson. I mean, presidents are elected based on the opinion voters have of his platform. How many people today would vote for a slave owning member of the upper class who spends gov't money to expand slave territory? Not many.

    The bill of rights, however, is a flagship cornerstone of the USA, which current and future laws of the land should be checked against.

    The objectivity mirror might be too ridiculously shaded for him to see himself.
    Well according to him (because Jefferson said so mind you) the bill of rights and constitution are no longer valid because of the time between their creation and now.
  31. Board Supporter
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,236
    Rep Power
    6718341

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post

    Okay let's see if I can follow your logic here. You dismiss the thoughts,ideas as written expressions etc. of Thomas Jefferson, as merely a man's opinions. Never mind that these opinions were expressed by a former president and founding father. Okay cool.Then in the very next breath you uphold the Bill of Rights, claiming that I don't, yet it was written by a former president and founding father. In summary, Thomas Jefferson equals one man's opinion. Bill of Rights = demi god aka Madison. Makes complete sense.
    I never said either of those things (with all that education you can't read it seems).

    You have made it perfectly clear that my posts are my opinions, which is completely true. I base my opinion off of my own knowledge and my morals/beliefs. Which coincides with the Bill of Rights (which do change to reflect the times in case you wanna bring that argument up).

    Also, and lets see if you can follow this, the Bill of Rights was votes into existence by the founding fathers. Which means the majority of them agreed with those Rights, apparently those same founding fathers did not agree with Jefferson wanting the constitution to be changed/amended every 19 years.

    Which obviously means it wasn't just Madison but was the majority of the founding fathers. So why is Jefferson's opinion greater than the majority?

    Don't answer because I already know the answer to that question.

    "Because my college professor taught me that Jefferson was the bestest founding father! "

    And keep in mind that I don't discount Jefferson's opinion, all I am doing is pointing out that it is not infallible (as you would make it seem) and is merely his OPINION.
  32. Advanced Member
    TexasGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    797
    Rep Power
    188234

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Well according to him (because Jefferson said so mind you) the bill of rights and constitution are no longer valid because of the time between their creation and now.
    Well that's good because blacks are voting these days. Hell, a black guy shares Jefferson's office! We'd better write some type of racial superiority in to the bill of rights in this new day and age.

    I suppose it does give southpaw an edge in the Jefferson States of America discussion though.
  33. ax1
    Elite Member
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,383
    Rep Power
    1092781

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Okay let's see if I can follow your logic here. You dismiss the thoughts,ideas and written expressions etc. of Thomas Jefferson, as merely a man's opinions. Never mind that these opinions were expressed by a former president and founding father. Okay cool.Then in the very next breath you uphold the Bill of Rights, claiming that I don't, yet it was written by a former president and founding father. In summary, Thomas Jefferson equals one man's opinion. Bill of Rights = demi god aka Madison. Makes complete sense.
    Who cares about Jefferson, he's dead. The Bill of Rights are actual laws that the government swears to protect that many of us happen to like.

    If Hitler wrote a law that gives civilians fair due process, should we dismiss the written law because we all hate 99% of Hitlers opinions?
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  34. Professional Member
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Rep Power
    1387264

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    Yeah, and it's weird too that his example is Jefferson. I mean, presidents are elected based on the opinion voters have of his platform. How many people today would vote for a slave owning member of the upper class who spends gov't money to expand slave territory? Not many.


    The bill of rights, however, is a flagship cornerstone of the USA, which current and future laws of the land should be checked against.



    The objectivity mirror might be too ridiculously shaded for him to see himself.
    Okay so not many people would vote for Thomas Jefferson according to you, based on the fact that he was a slave owner and member of the upper class, fair enough. Then in your very next statement, which conflicts entirely with your first time statement and here's why. You dismiss the slave owning Jefferson, yet uphold the Bill of Rights, which was written by another former president and one of the founding fathers...now follow along and connect it to your first statement about Jefferson. Who authored the Bill of Rights? Here's a hint, like many other Virginia statesmen in the slave society, he was a slaveholder and part of the Úlite; he inherited his plantation known asMontpelier and and owned hundreds of slaves during his lifetime to cultivate tobacco and other crops. So Thomas Jefferson and his writings dismissed as "weird" due to the fact he was a slave owner, and part of the upper class elite, and Madison who was also part of the elite along with being a slave owner is upheld and regarded highly in your book. Makes complete sense. I'll give you this, if anything you seem to be quite the student of history.
  35. Professional Member
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Rep Power
    1387264

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I never said either of those things (with all that education you can't read it seems).

    You have made it perfectly clear that my posts are my opinions, which is completely true. I base my opinion off of my own knowledge and my morals/beliefs. Which coincides with the Bill of Rights (which do change to reflect the times in case you wanna bring that argument up).

    Also, and lets see if you can follow this, the Bill of Rights was votes into existence by the founding fathers. Which means the majority of them agreed with those Rights, apparently those same founding fathers did not agree with Jefferson wanting the constitution to be changed/amended every 8 years.

    Which obviously means it wasn't just Madison but was the majority of the founding fathers. So why is Jefferson's opinion greater than the majority?

    Don't answer because I already know the answer to that question.

    "Because my college professor taught me that Jefferson was the bestest founding father! "

    And keep in mind that I don't discount Jefferson's opinion, all I am doing is pointing out that it is not infallible (as you would make it seem) and is merely his OPINION.
    Jefferson wanted the Constitution to be amended every 19 years, not 8. But hey don't let "factual" details get in the way of a good debate. Carry on...
  36. ax1
    Elite Member
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,383
    Rep Power
    1092781

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Jefferson wanted the Constitution to be amended every 19 years, not 8. But hey don't let "factual" details get in the way of a good debate. Carry on...
    And what was your purpose of that?
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  37. Board Supporter
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,236
    Rep Power
    6718341

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post

    Jefferson wanted the Constitution to be amended every 19 years, not 8. But hey don't let "factual" details get in the way of a good debate. Carry on...
    Lol cool.

    My number was wrong, glad that you can point that out but make no argument that is relevant to this at all.

    The point stands (in fact you said it yourself), Jefferson wanted that. Apparently not many shared that BELIEF (opinion).
  38. ax1
    Elite Member
    ax1's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,383
    Rep Power
    1092781

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

    Also, and lets see if you can follow this, the Bill of Rights was votes into existence by the founding fathers. Which means the majority of them agreed with those Rights, apparently those same founding fathers did not agree with Jefferson wanting the constitution to be changed/amended every 8 years.
    There is a difference between amending the constitution and altering the first 10 amendments. Do you know if Jefferson meant that our basic freedoms and safeguards can be interfered with?
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  39. Advanced Member
    TexasGuy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    797
    Rep Power
    188234

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Okay so not many people would vote for Thomas Jefferson according to you, based on the fact that he was a slave owner and member of the upper class, fair enough. Then in your very next statement, which conflicts entirely with your first time statement and here's why. You dismiss the slave owning Jefferson, yet uphold the Bill of Rights, which was written by another former president and one of the founding fathers...now follow along and connect it to your first statement about Jefferson. Who authored the Bill of Rights? Here's a hint, like many other Virginia statesmen in the slave society, he was a slaveholder and part of the Úlite; he inherited his plantation known asMontpelier and and owned hundreds of slaves during his lifetime to cultivate tobacco and other crops. So Thomas Jefferson and his writings dismissed as "weird" due to the fact he was a slave owner, and part of the upper class elite, and Madison who was also part of the elite along with being a slave owner is upheld and regarded highly in your book. I'll give you this, if anything you seem to be quite the student of history.
    The Bill of Rights is a set of laws; the authors of which are inconsequential where applied content is concerned.

    Jefferson was a wealthy slave owner who directly leveraged the US gov't to expand slavery (as you conveniently ignored). Highly consequential in application. This is yet another ridiculous analogy. It is pretty eloquent though. You would make a good journalist.
  40. Board Supporter
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,236
    Rep Power
    6718341

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post

    And what was your purpose of that?
    Literally nothing.

    An argument of nothing more than semantics, the main point of the entire post is still valid but he would attempt to shift the focus of the debate to avoid addressing the topic at hand.

    You know, typical SP procedure.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Need new routine idea's
    By Chemist63 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-18-2005, 09:00 AM
  2. New PCT idea...
    By ManBeast in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2004, 02:07 PM
  3. New cycle idea
    By Sanosuke in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-24-2003, 05:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in