Impeach Gov. Andrew Cuomo 4 violating New Yorker's 2nd Amendment

Page 3 of 12 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    You don't have to interpret or infer intent behind his words, because his words are clear. And respectfully, that is the silliest comment that I've read in some time..."o by jeffersons logic with that, if your allowing his words to speak for themselves; murder, embezzlementt, and fraud would all be ok in todays society, because those laws would have expired well over 19 years ago." That is not what he expressed at ALL! Calling for the review/revision of the Constitution does NOT equate to complete removal of law. Lol. :/

Explain to me in detail how it is becoming nearly IMPOSSIBLE to own a firearm?
    lol i know it was a bit of a stretch and exageration but i was trying to illistrate a point. so ill give you that one, i should have picked something not so extreme.

how much detail,
    background checks on the local, state and federal level, taxes and terrifs on the registration, purchase, and ownership of the weapon that must be renewed every so often, placeing manufacturing tarrifs on ammunition and also placing the taxes on ammo seperate from regular sales tax (federal ammo tax), and also calling for the registration of ammo purchases, not to mention they want to limit the amount of ammo we can purchase...and this is all to be funded by the purchaser? this could easily turn buying a gun that currently cost 400 dollars (about average SRV of a polymer handgun which is now being ruled an assault weapon by the current administration) into a an affair that could end up in the thousands depending on where the purchaser lives, which isnt all that far fetched for NY.

i know obsessive is a relative term but does that seem like a reasonable a
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.

2. I personally look at any gun control being an infringement of my 2nd amendment right.

As far as I'm concerned I have the right to bear (carry) arms (weapons). It does not say I have the right to carry certain firearms that the government sees fit and it does not say I have the right to bear arms only in certain states with certain permits.

Note I say INFRINGE not STRIP. Which is an important difference to point out because everytime someone says something about the 2nd amendment being infringed upon southpaw replies with "but you can still get guns." Yes, you're right. Certain people can get certain weapons depending upon the state they live in, but its still an infringement upon my 2nd amendment right as an American citizen.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I personally look at any gun control being an infringement of my 2nd amendment right.

As far as I'm concerned I have the right to bear (carry) arms (weapons). It does not say I have the right to carry certain firearms that the government sees fit and it does not say I have the right to bear arms only in certain states with certain permits.

Note I say INFRINGE not STRIP. Which is an important difference to point out because everytime someone says something about the 2nd amendment being infringed upon southpaw replies with "but you can still get guns." Yes, you're right. Certain people can get certain weapons depending upon the state they live in, but its still an infringement upon my 2nd amendment right as an American citizen.
    hes also arguing that the consitution is outdated that because jefferson advocating a revision of the constitution every 19 years, we should add or take away rights, ive tried pointing out that the 2nd ammendment right is a godgiven right, not a right that can be controlled by man.

i dunno jimbo can you help me out?? or am i yankin an ass by his ears?

4. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post

hes also arguing that the consitution is outdated that because jefferson advocating a revision of the constitution every 19 years, we should add or take away rights, ive tried pointing out that the 2nd ammendment right is a godgiven right, not a right that can be controlled by man.

Well my knowledge of those letters is fairly minimal.

However, if he is specifically talking about the constitution then that does not necessarily apply to the Bill of Rights. Also, he relies upon Jefferson's beliefs but completely ignores the fact that Jefferson was not the only founding father.

He voiced his beliefs and the others did not necessarily agree, because if they did they would have set it up the way Jefferson believed to be best.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post

God given....whose god? :/
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

However, if he is specifically talking about the constitution then that does not apply
    his letters covered a number of things, but this particular letter that he is referencing is refering to the consitution

7. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    God given....who's god? :/
    anybodies god, jeffersons included. jefferson being a polytheist was all inclusive can leave anybody out

8. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

However, if he is specifically talking about the constitution then that does not apply
    So something that you admit to having little knowledge of, in your own estimation does not apply to the argument. Awesome logic there.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post

his letters covered a number of things, but this particular letter that he is referencing is refering to the consitution
    Sorry, mobile posting. That sent before I had finished.

10. I agree add Bloomberg.. I hate those two stupid sobs. That why there so much crime, everyone should own a gun. Automatic should be your choice not nys or NYC politicians choice.

11. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    anybodies god, jeffersons included. jefferson being a polytheist was all inclusive can leave anybody out
    Glad you brought that up, as Jefferson also advocated for the separation of religion and government. Your turn...

12. It's not like the criminals will follow the law how ignorant are these politicians.

13. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post

So something that you admit to having little knowledge of, in your own estimation does not apply to the argument. Awesome logic there.
    Let's not go to extremes here, I know it is your bread and butter, but do not equate "little knowledge" to mean "no knowledge."

14. Gun control laws are only gonna keep certain guns away from law abiding citizens. Criminals do not care about the previous laws that we had let alone the new gun laws. If a criminal wants a gun they will get any gun they want. Sure if they get caught it will be worse for them but has that ever stopped a criminal from committing a crime before?

15. its also important to mention that the constitution uses the term "creator", which is a reference to a diety, jefferson uses the words god, lord, savior, and almighty in his letters and essays.

16. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Glad you brought that up, as Jefferson also advocated for the separation of religion and government. Your turn...
    lol my turn? is this a game of chess or go-fish?

he did advocate it but jefferson was also intellegent enough to admit that all laws and morals are based in religion, thats why the original laws of this country were based on the teachings of religous text, ie the Ten commandments specificallly.

also when jefferson called for the seperation of church and state, (not religion and state i might add) he was against a national/official religion or church being established, he was also against any church or religous organization being the legislative or ruling authority for the country.

17. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    its also important to mention that the constitution uses the term "creator", which is a reference to a diety, jefferson uses the words god, lord, savior, and almighty in his letters and essays.
    Subjective as it also makes no mention of god. My mother created me.

18. Wow... what a cluster **** of a thread now.

God given, whose god, all god, your god, I have no god.

Glad we could stay on topic.

/unsubbed
    The Historic PES Legend

19. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Wow... what a cluster **** of a thread now.

/unsubbed
    You didn't see me bringing it up...

20. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Wow... what a cluster **** of a thread now.

/unsubbed
    This happens a lot in these threads.

Generally when someone makes a valid argument SP begins to argue semantics to avoid addressing a point he doesn't have a practiced response for.

21. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Subjective as it also makes no mention of god. My mother created me.
    biology lesson...your mother AND father created you. even if your mother was a hermaphrodite its still physiologically impossible for a human to reproduce autonomously.

so either your not human or you have a momma and a daddy.

not to get petty though.

and yes creator is subjective as to who a creator is, but it certainly isnt the governtment, which is the point the comment/reference was making. so even if you refer to you mother as the subjective creator, she is the one that has endowed those rights upon you, not the government.

i couldnt help but notice you chose to ignore the fact that jefferson made numerous specific reference to a diety or higher power in his letters.

22. your turn...lol

23. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post

God given....who's god? :/
    You brought it up right here.

24. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    biology lesson...your mother AND father created you. even if your mother was a hermaphrodite its still physiologically impossible for a human to reproduce autonomously.

so either your not human or you have a momma and a daddy.

not to get petty though.

and yes creator is subjective as to who a creator is, but it certainly isnt the governtment, which is what it was making. so even if you refer to you mother as the subjective creator, she is the one that has endowed those rights upon you, not the government.

i couldnt help but notice you chose to ignore the fact that jefferson made numerous specific reference to a diety or higher power in his letters.
    Awesome captain "literal." I didn't ignore anything. When you examine Jefferson's writing in its entirely, he is detailing his personal belief system, at no point does he inject his personal beliefs into the discussion when describing the role of government, as Jefferson indicated in his own words - "wall of separation between church and state."

25. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    You brought it up right here.
    In response to your statement..."godgiven right." Jesus man...seriously.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. New commercial from Nyc.gov
    By lartinos in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 11:01 PM
  2. New on TRT 2nd blood test results...
    By EPZ32 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 05:54 PM
  3. New Yorkers on the mind
    By BigNemo in forum General Chat