Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i for one am really pissed that corporate america feels they have the right to steal one of the biggest most sacred holidays away from millions of workers...the workers don't really have much say, in this ecomony. but we as consumers do....i ask all of you to not shop on thanksgiving day, this is the only way that we can send a message that we still have a say in what happens in this country!!!

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
i for one am really pissed that corporate america feels they have the right to steal one of the biggest most sacred holidays away from millions of workers...the workers don't really have much say, in this ecomony. but we as consumers do....i ask all of you to not shop on thanksgiving day, this is the only way that we can send a message that we still have a say in what happens in this country!!!
Totally agree with you sir!! Fack this sh1t

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
good luck on that.....the american citizen has lost respect for most holidays, just another reason why we are no longer "the greatest nation"

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
good luck on that.....the american citizen has lost respect for most holidays, just another reason why we are no longer "the greatest nation"
then i guess we get what we deserve...no one needs to take from us we are willing to give it away...

geez, we have become so greedy that we are suckers for every con game corporate america comes up with....damn we are becoming a nation of jacka$$es with carrots being dangled in front of us.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
What about the people that would be working Black Friday & can't shop on T-Day?

;)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What about the people that would be working Black Friday & can't shop on T-Day?

;)
f' shopping...the whole point of this thread is people should be able to be home with their families on thankgiving. in effect we have allowed corporate greed to steal a holiday from us. if they ask for volunteers and enough people are willing thats fine, but mandatory is not, imo!!!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
f' shopping...the whole point of this thread is people should be able to be home with their families on thankgiving. in effect we have allowed corporate greed to steal a holiday from us. if they ask for volunteers and enough people are willing thats fine, but mandatory is not, imo!!!
You should run a few companies.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
your point????
Surprised u don't get my "point".
My point we share the same belief.
If you were running a company it'll be good cause you'll make sure the workers get time off to spend with their family.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It irritates me too bud.

I think we only have ourselves to blame. People camping out for Black Friday!?!? Seriously, what is wrong with people?!?!? That's what led to these ridiculous promotions, companies are giving people what they ask for (beauty of capitalism) but sadly, core American values are dying.

You wouldn't have seen anyone camping out, regardless of the sales in the 50's or 60's

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
It irritates me too bud.

I think we only have ourselves to blame. People camping out for Black Friday!?!? Seriously, what is wrong with people?!?!? That's what led to these ridiculous promotions, companies are giving people what they ask for (beauty of capitalism) but sadly, core American values are dying.

You wouldn't have seen anyone camping out, regardless of the sales in the 50's or 60's
Yeah there was a great depression then too haha...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Surprised u don't get my "point".
My point we share the same belief.
If you were running a company it'll be good cause you'll make sure the workers get time off to spend with their family.
sorry, i get emotional about this stuff and misinterpreted where you were coming from.

i apologize.

the guys running companies are doing their jobs...not hiring and keeping unemployment high so they can make greater demands for less pay and benefits, thus keeping profits at record highs..

what i am pissed about is that we the american workers are not doing more to stop this. we need to put petty differences aside and make a stand before it is too late!!!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
sorry, i get emotional about this stuff and misinterpreted where you were coming from.

i apologize.

the guys running companies are doing their jobs...not hiring and keeping unemployment high so they can make greater demands for less pay and benefits, thus keeping profits at record highs..

what i am pissed about is that we the american workers are not doing more to stop this. we need to put petty differences aside and make a stand before it is too late!!!
How can we do that a strike?
We need money.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
How can we do that a strike?
We need money.
the best protest we can do is not to spend money this weekend...this will force them to cut prices even more!!!

the guy on the business channel said they weren't cutting prices as much this year, but if sales this weekend were low they would cut deeper!!! if we spend lots of money this weekend then they win, and future black fridays cuts will be even less...so spend they win...don't spend we win!!!