Status
Not open for further replies.
Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bit of an overreaction, I'd say. Especially since you're in the UK...

But yes, if Mr. Romney becomes president, my hunt for an international faculty position will become more fervent.

gregg1494

I guess the phrase "once you go black you never go back" is true for most people.

gregg1494

Could some one give me reasons why they don't want romney as president, because i still don't get how obama is better.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess the phrase "once you go black you never go back" is true for most people.
Bubba,if you are still seeing color issues you need to crawl back under that rock.

gregg1494

only if he makes above $250k
I don't know what every one is bitching about, saying that the rich don't pay there fair share of taxes.

The top 5 percent take home a little more than 31 percent of total income but pay almost 59 percent of all income taxes.

And the top 10 percent earn just over 43 percent of the total income but *pay more than 70 percent of all income taxes.

If anything the middle class (including me) doesn't pay there fair share.

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
Could some one give me reasons why they don't want romney as president, because i still don't get how obama is better.
For me it's about a main problem right now which is college I've graduated and have oodles of debt. Ronny would allow more privatization of loans and literally allow private companies to choose their own interest rates(which means a double of interest rates)

Many if my rates are already in the double digits an I can't afford more debt. Obama has provided me tax breaks and allowances every year for college and keeps these companies in check with a maximum interest rate.
That's my main issues.

Also the gay rights thing is killing Romney every year more and more people are in support of gay rights and Obama dropping 'god' from the platform and taking a strong stance on gay marriage only makes my choice easier

gregg1494

Bubba,if you are still seeing color issues you need to crawl back under that rock.
I have no problem that he is black, he could be green for all i care. But they're people that will vote for him just because they don't want some old white guy in office.

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
I have no problem that he is black, he could be green for all i care. But they're people that will vote for him just because they don't want some old white guy in office.
Literally 98% of the presidents have been old white guys. This argument is invalid.

I think it's more of an old RICH white man. Two men who have always been rich their whole lives. Romneys running mate talks about 'struggling' through college when in fact his faster gave him shares worth hundreds of thousands he sold while in college. It must have been soooo tough making it in college with almost a million dollars in the bank XD.

Obama has a success story and a relatable childhood to many , black or white

gregg1494

Literally 98% of the presidents have been old white guys. This argument is invalid.

I think it's more of an old RICH white man. Two men who have always been rich their whole lives. Romneys running mate talks about 'struggling' through college when in fact his faster gave him shares worth hundreds of thousands he sold while in college. It must have been soooo tough making it in college with almost a million dollars in the bank XD.

Yes that is true but this is the first time people had a black president and they're people that don't want to go back to some white guy. They feel he is different and for some reason Americans like different .

I can't think of one president that wasn't wealthy going into office....

And they're are plenty of successful people in the world, but today sure as hell doesn't mean i want them as president of the united states.

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
what good has Obama done for you? serious question. since he has become president, what is better?

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
what good has Obama done for you? serious question. since he has become president, what is better?
View my first post about college allowances and interest rates. That is a HUGEEEE help for me personally that the republicans sure as heck wouldn't have had

gregg1494

View my first post about college allowances and interest rates. That is a HUGEEEE help for me personally that the republicans sure as heck wouldn't have had
bro, i hope your interest rates are fixed. Because they WILL go up. If obama is reelected i can promise you that.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't know what every one is bitching about, saying that the rich don't pay there fair share of taxes.

The top 5 percent take home a little more than 31 percent of total income but pay almost 59 percent of all income taxes.

And the top 10 percent earn just over 43 percent of the total income but *pay more than 70 percent of all income taxes.

If anything the middle class (including me) doesn't pay there fair share.
That's because there's such a large wage discrepancy that most folk in the country are too poor to have to pay taxes. Mitt Romney does not support the middle class, nor does he seem even capable or relating to them. His flip-flopping is ridiculously rapid and opportunistic.

His religion officially believed that black people were inferior until 1978 - he was an adult and member of the LDS at that point.

He is the only presidential candidate in decades to fail to release his tax returns in their entirety to the public and he admits to having several offshore accounts in the Cayman islands.

He outsourced thousands of jobs during his time at Bain Capitol, a trend that company continues in even now during his campaign.

For tax purposes, He claimed to retire from his position as CEO with Bain in 1999, but documents signed by him as CEO in 2002 are on file with SEC which is fraud.

He refuses to admit that people die due to lack of healthcare.

He said he wants monetary incentives to accomplish goals as president.

He got Billy Graham to endorse him, effectively destroying the separation of church and state. Shame on Graham too.

His campaign contributions have majoritively come from a few very select wealthy businessmen, not people like you and me. He doesn't and won't represent our interests.

Do not take this as a pro-Obama post by any means. We are very much in a "Douche and Turd Sandwich" situation.

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
bro, i hope your interest rates are fixed. Because they WILL go up. If obama is reelected i can promise you that.
False. Obama will continue the rate reduction on subsidized loans that wa enacted in 2007. Romney will end it allowing it to literally double. Eff that

gregg1494

False. Obama will continue the rate reduction on subsidized loans that wa enacted in 2007. Romney will end it allowing it to literally double. Eff that
You must not know how money works... But ill just agree with you.

Instead of the "easy" button the should make an obama button, because apearently he can fix everything.

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
For me it's about a main problem right now which is college I've graduated and have oodles of debt. Ronny would allow more privatization of loans and literally allow private companies to choose their own interest rates(which means a double of interest rates)

Many if my rates are already in the double digits an I can't afford more debt. Obama has provided me tax breaks and allowances every year for college and keeps these companies in check with a maximum interest rate.
That's my main issues.

Also the gay rights thing is killing Romney every year more and more people are in support of gay rights and Obama dropping 'god' from the platform and taking a strong stance on gay marriage only makes my choice easier
Although keeping interest rates low has helped, part of the reason college is so expensive now is because of the policies the liberals have supported. Google John Stossel & Rising Cost of College. Besides, privatization provides competition. Competition drives rates. If one bank is offering school loans at a better interest rate, you'll be more likely to use that one.

Also, tax breaks/credits are a very conservative fiscal policy. I find it hard to imagine that Romney wouldn't support these things.

http://nation.foxnews.com/dreams-my-father/2012/06/18/38-falsehoods-found-obama-bio

mls51112

mls51112

Awards
well if Republicans could stay in office we'd have good jobs and could eventually save money for our children's schooling like they used to do and not NEED financial aid or loans.

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
well if Republicans could stay in office we'd have good jobs and could eventually save money for our children's schooling like they used to do and not NEED financial aid or loans.
My parents have a **** ton of money they each make 6 figures a year but because they haven't been to college ever I'm on my own because they don't believe in college.

I work overtime and went to college to put myself 100% through college with no family help. Loans are the only way I got my degree and I've seen the loan rates skyrocket and shrink and expand again all I can do is go against the one I know will allow the companies I borrow from to increase rates. Regardless of if its Obama or Romney.

Also surprising no ones bringing up gay rights as a main issue here.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
My parents have a **** ton of money they each make 6 figures a year but because they haven't been to college ever I'm on my own because they don't believe in college.

I work overtime and went to college to put myself 100% through college with no family help. Loans are the only way I got my degree and I've seen the loan rates skyrocket and shrink and expand again all I can do is go against the one I know will allow the companies I borrow from to increase rates. Regardless of if its Obama or Romney.

cuz gay rights and all the social **** doesn't matter when you are talking about the federal government.

there is a reason we have 50 separate states and not one dictatorship (not yet at least)

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
I'm a born again Christian that believes in the inerrant Word of God and does not take away or add anything to it. Enough said on that.

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
Are we not defined as a government of the people, for the people, by the people? Why should social inequality not be a major issue?

I mean when looking back Lincoln is applauded as the right choice for president for his social changes his presidency brought about. Lets face it soci al changes can be just as big a part of daily lives as government policy

gregg1494

Gay rights is a small issue imo. They will get their rights. It takes TIME, people aren't all open to that. Look how long it took African Americans to get rights. People are always looking for a quick fix,

And states are in control of gay rights, the federal government has little to do with it.

mls51112

mls51112

Awards

gays have a right to be gay.. its not like they're executed like in other countries.. they should count their blessings that it's so widely accepted here.

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
I'm a born again Christian that believes in the inerrant Word of God and does not take away or add anything to it. Enough said on that.
Freedom from religion. If marriage is religious then the government can't view it as a legal binding and if it isn't religious then the church needs to stop complaining. Pick one either way they deserve the right to marry which includes over a thousand rights that gay couples miss out on from tax cuts to simple things like family value packs at theme parks

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
gays have a right to be gay.. its not like they're executed like in other countries.. they should count their blessings that it's so widely accepted here.
That would e like me saying you have a right to be Christian but then the government takes away your rights to marry but hey it's okay as long as you can still be a Christian Right?

gregg1494

Sure, pal. All the news channels are liberal. :rolleyes:

Edit: it's not like it's 2012 or anything and there venues other than television through which we can gather information.
Give me a list of non liberal news organizations.

And if you think the general population reads about politics your out of your mind. There is a reason really TV is the most viewed... People are stupid

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Freedom from religion. If marriage is religious then the government can't view it as a legal binding and if it isn't religious then the church needs to stop complaining. Pick one either way they deserve the right to marry which includes over a thousand rights that gay couples miss out on from tax cuts to simple things like family value packs at theme parks
how is the federal government prohibiting gay marriage now?

it's not. and gay marriage is recognized in certain states.

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
Give me a list of non liberal news organizations.

And if you think the general population reads about politics your out of your mind. There is a reason really TV is the most viewed... People are stupid
BBC. But I feel like it could be argued all news forms are biased in the us. We're human we're biased until we have computers tell us the news it will be biased

gregg1494

That would e like me saying you have a right to be Christian but then the government takes away your rights to marry but hey it's okay as long as you can still be a Christian Right?
Only reasons people are against gay marriage is 1 they are religious, 2 it is out of the norm and they feel it is not right. Its called Taboo. They're is a reason why boys have a penis and girls have a vagina. If they want to be gay that fine by me it's there life let them do what they want.

gregg1494

BBC. But I feel like it could be argued all news forms are biased in the us. We're human we're biased until we have computers tell us the news it will be biased
Nothing is wrong with being biased. But it is not right when they lie to the american people because they are in bed with the president.

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
Then you must be very concerned over Rev. Graham endorsing Mr. Romney, breaching the separation of Church and state. :)
Why would I be worried about a man of God endorsing the candidate who's personal values on the important social issues best represent the Bible's? The first amendment prevents the government from establishing one religious institution over another. In no way does it prohibit a religious institution/individual's ability to promote one candidate over another.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't believe you know the economics side of what you are looking for. That hand out you are receiving is the very reason of the skyrocketing tuition. It is a pay me now, or pay me later.

The whole Dept. of Education is unconstitutional, and federal student loans are a parasite on American society.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BBC is biased against America in general. Regardless of what we do.

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
Nothing is wrong with being biased. But it is not right when they lie to the american people because they are in bed with the president.
Lol it's kind of like the turd sandwich an douche argument previously stated. Regardless we're getting lied to.

Colbert once worded it that its like parents lying to their kids because the kid doesn't really wantto know what happens in the bed room lol

gregg1494

I don't believe you know the economics side of what you are looking for. That hand out you are receiving is the very reason of the skyrocketing tuition. It is a pay me now, or pay me later.

The whole Dept. of Education is unconstitutional, and federal student loans are a parasite on American society.
This. College education is not a right, is a privilege.

mls51112

mls51112

Awards

yeah, kids can't wear a cross or say Merry Christmas.. what a load of crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.