If Romney gets elected..

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by crispycrown

    My parents have a **** ton of money they each make 6 figures a year but because they haven't been to college ever I'm on my own because they don't believe in college.

    I work overtime and went to college to put myself 100% through college with no family help. Loans are the only way I got my degree and I've seen the loan rates skyrocket and shrink and expand again all I can do is go against the one I know will allow the companies I borrow from to increase rates. Regardless of if its Obama or Romney.

    Also surprising no ones bringing up gay rights as a main issue here.
    cuz gay rights and all the social **** doesn't matter when you are talking about the federal government.

    there is a reason we have 50 separate states and not one dictatorship (not yet at least)


  2. Quote Originally Posted by crispycrown View Post
    Also surprising no ones bringing up gay rights as a main issue here.
    I'm a born again Christian that believes in the inerrant Word of God and does not take away or add anything to it. Enough said on that.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494 View Post
    Why because they are the only non liberal news organization. And they don't lie. Seems like a pretty good reason to me.
    Sure, pal. All the news channels are liberal.

    Edit: it's not like it's 2012 or anything and there venues other than television through which we can gather information.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  4. Are we not defined as a government of the people, for the people, by the people? Why should social inequality not be a major issue?

    I mean when looking back Lincoln is applauded as the right choice for president for his social changes his presidency brought about. Lets face it soci al changes can be just as big a part of daily lives as government policy

  5. Quote Originally Posted by crispycrown

    My parents have a **** ton of money they each make 6 figures a year but because they haven't been to college ever I'm on my own because they don't believe in college.

    I work overtime and went to college to put myself 100% through college with no family help. Loans are the only way I got my degree and I've seen the loan rates skyrocket and shrink and expand again all I can do is go against the one I know will allow the companies I borrow from to increase rates. Regardless of if its Obama or Romney.

    Also surprising no ones bringing up gay rights as a main issue here.
    Gay rights is a small issue imo. They will get their rights. It takes TIME, people aren't all open to that. Look how long it took African Americans to get rights. People are always looking for a quick fix,

    And states are in control of gay rights, the federal government has little to do with it.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by crispycrown

    My parents have a **** ton of money they each make 6 figures a year but because they haven't been to college ever I'm on my own because they don't believe in college.

    I work overtime and went to college to put myself 100% through college with no family help. Loans are the only way I got my degree and I've seen the loan rates skyrocket and shrink and expand again all I can do is go against the one I know will allow the companies I borrow from to increase rates. Regardless of if its Obama or Romney.

    Also surprising no ones bringing up gay rights as a main issue here.
    gays have a right to be gay.. its not like they're executed like in other countries.. they should count their blessings that it's so widely accepted here.
    ~ Airborne42's girlfriend ~
    - using mobile version, can't rep -

  7. Quote Originally Posted by supermanjow View Post
    I'm a born again Christian that believes in the inerrant Word of God and does not take away or add anything to it. Enough said on that.
    Then you must be very concerned over Rev. Graham endorsing Mr. Romney, breaching the separation of Church and state.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  8. Quote Originally Posted by supermanjow

    I'm a born again Christian that believes in the inerrant Word of God and does not take away or add anything to it. Enough said on that.
    Freedom from religion. If marriage is religious then the government can't view it as a legal binding and if it isn't religious then the church needs to stop complaining. Pick one either way they deserve the right to marry which includes over a thousand rights that gay couples miss out on from tax cuts to simple things like family value packs at theme parks

  9. Quote Originally Posted by mls51112

    gays have a right to be gay.. its not like they're executed like in other countries.. they should count their blessings that it's so widely accepted here.
    That would e like me saying you have a right to be Christian but then the government takes away your rights to marry but hey it's okay as long as you can still be a Christian Right?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve

    Sure, pal. All the news channels are liberal.

    Edit: it's not like it's 2012 or anything and there venues other than television through which we can gather information.
    Give me a list of non liberal news organizations.

    And if you think the general population reads about politics your out of your mind. There is a reason really TV is the most viewed... People are stupid

  11. Quote Originally Posted by crispycrown

    Freedom from religion. If marriage is religious then the government can't view it as a legal binding and if it isn't religious then the church needs to stop complaining. Pick one either way they deserve the right to marry which includes over a thousand rights that gay couples miss out on from tax cuts to simple things like family value packs at theme parks
    how is the federal government prohibiting gay marriage now?

    it's not. and gay marriage is recognized in certain states.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494

    Give me a list of non liberal news organizations.

    And if you think the general population reads about politics your out of your mind. There is a reason really TV is the most viewed... People are stupid
    BBC. But I feel like it could be argued all news forms are biased in the us. We're human we're biased until we have computers tell us the news it will be biased

  13. Quote Originally Posted by crispycrown

    That would e like me saying you have a right to be Christian but then the government takes away your rights to marry but hey it's okay as long as you can still be a Christian Right?
    Only reasons people are against gay marriage is 1 they are religious, 2 it is out of the norm and they feel it is not right. Its called Taboo. They're is a reason why boys have a penis and girls have a vagina. If they want to be gay that fine by me it's there life let them do what they want.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by crispycrown

    BBC. But I feel like it could be argued all news forms are biased in the us. We're human we're biased until we have computers tell us the news it will be biased
    Nothing is wrong with being biased. But it is not right when they lie to the american people because they are in bed with the president.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Then you must be very concerned over Rev. Graham endorsing Mr. Romney, breaching the separation of Church and state.
    Why would I be worried about a man of God endorsing the candidate who's personal values on the important social issues best represent the Bible's? The first amendment prevents the government from establishing one religious institution over another. In no way does it prohibit a religious institution/individual's ability to promote one candidate over another.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by crispycrown View Post
    False. Obama will continue the rate reduction on subsidized loans that wa enacted in 2007. Romney will end it allowing it to literally double. Eff that
    I don't believe you know the economics side of what you are looking for. That hand out you are receiving is the very reason of the skyrocketing tuition. It is a pay me now, or pay me later.

    The whole Dept. of Education is unconstitutional, and federal student loans are a parasite on American society.
    The Historic PES Legend

  17. Quote Originally Posted by crispycrown View Post
    BBC. But I feel like it could be argued all news forms are biased in the us. We're human we're biased until we have computers tell us the news it will be biased
    BBC is biased against America in general. Regardless of what we do.
    The Historic PES Legend

  18. Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494

    Nothing is wrong with being biased. But it is not right when they lie to the american people because they are in bed with the president.
    Lol it's kind of like the turd sandwich an douche argument previously stated. Regardless we're getting lied to.

    Colbert once worded it that its like parents lying to their kids because the kid doesn't really wantto know what happens in the bed room lol

  19. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982

    I don't believe you know the economics side of what you are looking for. That hand out you are receiving is the very reason of the skyrocketing tuition. It is a pay me now, or pay me later.

    The whole Dept. of Education is unconstitutional, and federal student loans are a parasite on American society.
    This. College education is not a right, is a privilege.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982

    I don't believe you know the economics side of what you are looking for. That hand out you are receiving is the very reason of the skyrocketing tuition. It is a pay me now, or pay me later.

    The whole Dept. of Education is unconstitutional, and federal student loans are a parasite on American society.
    yeah, kids can't wear a cross or say Merry Christmas.. what a load of crap!
    ~ Airborne42's girlfriend ~
    - using mobile version, can't rep -

  21. Oh, and I am for Gary Johnson.. just to be clear here.

    For the sheer fact he supports the FairTax act, he is my 100% choice. Get 100% of the population paying taxes at the register and giving the people below the poverty line prebates... a win right there.
    The Historic PES Legend

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Stroke UR Ego View Post
    I'm killing myself.
    You are in the UK... and?
    The Historic PES Legend

  23. Quote Originally Posted by crispycrown View Post
    Freedom from religion. If marriage is religious then the government can't view it as a legal binding and if it isn't religious then the church needs to stop complaining. Pick one either way they deserve the right to marry which includes over a thousand rights that gay couples miss out on from tax cuts to simple things like family value packs at theme parks
    That's the thing. Marriage is a legal and a religious institution. Christian marriage is a pact before God where you as a couple are vowing a life of submission to the Almighty and one another. It is an institution set-up by God Himself from the beginning.

    Legal marriage is something set-up by the government and dictated by laws. Those laws should not infringe on the rights of religious institutions, and as someone who firmly believes homosexuality to be a sin I do not want to see my government elevate it to the point of God's intended purpose.

    As for the "family value packs", that is purely a business issue.

  24. In that case it should be legal. The ancient Greeks who lived thousands of years before the bible existed did not even have a word for sexuality and 'gay' marriage was norm. By this definition Greek views I marriage should be allowed so its okay for gays to get married as long as they swear to Zeus and not god?

  25. Obama is nothing more than a celebrity... He says what he wants people to hear, he is living life like a movie star.
    Not saying I like Romney, but Obama does not deserve to be president for how he has "used" us for a 4 year vacation.
    Ron Paul woulda kicked ass

  26. Quote Originally Posted by crispycrown View Post
    In that case it should be legal. The ancient Greeks who lived thousands of years before the bible existed did not even have a word for sexuality and 'gay' marriage was norm. By this definition Greek views I marriage should be allowed so its okay for gays to get married as long as they swear to Zeus and not god?
    If you believe gay marriage should be legal, then you are entitled to your opinion on the matter as am I. That's the beauty of voting our beliefs. I personally do not want to see gay marriage be legal. So, I voted for Romney. Not the only reason, but one of many.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    That's because there's such a large wage discrepancy that most folk in the country are too poor to have to pay taxes. Mitt Romney does not support the middle class, nor does he seem even capable or relating to them. His flip-flopping is ridiculously rapid and opportunistic.

    His religion officially believed that black people were inferior until 1978 - he was an adult and member of the LDS at that point.

    He is the only presidential candidate in decades to fail to release his tax returns in their entirety to the public and he admits to having several offshore accounts in the Cayman islands.

    He outsourced thousands of jobs during his time at Bain Capitol, a trend that company continues in even now during his campaign.

    For tax purposes, He claimed to retire from his position as CEO with Bain in 1999, but documents signed by him as CEO in 2002 are on file with SEC which is fraud.

    He refuses to admit that people die due to lack of healthcare.

    He said he wants monetary incentives to accomplish goals as president.

    He got Billy Graham to endorse him, effectively destroying the separation of church and state. Shame on Graham too.

    His campaign contributions have majoritively come from a few very select wealthy businessmen, not people like you and me. He doesn't and won't represent our interests.

    Do not take this as a pro-Obama post by any means. We are very much in a "Douche and Turd Sandwich" situation.
    Explain to me any of this is useful to your argument.

    So his religion thought a minority was inferior, so by association he is bad? (Or are we not believing Obama's Rev Wright connections, and being a student of the Weather Underground has any impact upon his character?)

    Why do I care if he releases his Tax returns? he can have all the money he wants offshore, he did nothing illegal. I find him smart as **** to hide his money for our overtaxing government.

    Reduce the Corp Tax rate from teh worlds highest, and those jobs will begin to return... again, how is he responsible for this?

    The rest is nothing but talking points propaganda that I care not to look into.

    You are hating the player, not the game.

    BTW, I am not for Romney or Obama, but I don't see the travesty here. To think that either Obama or Romney is for the middle class is looking through some rose colored glasses.
    The Historic PES Legend
  28. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by supermanjow View Post
    That's the thing. Marriage is a legal and a religious institution. Christian marriage is a pact before God where you as a couple are vowing a life of submission to the Almighty and one another. It is an institution set-up by God Himself from the beginning.

    Legal marriage is something set-up by the government and dictated by laws. Those laws should not infringe on the rights of religious institutions, and as someone who firmly believes homosexuality to be a sin I do not want to see my government elevate it to the point of God's intended purpose.

    As for the "family value packs", that is purely a business issue.
    We are a country that wants to be disobedient to and free from God yet want Him to bless us too.

    Quote Originally Posted by supermanjow View Post
    As for the "family value packs", that is purely a business issue.
    "Gay family value packs" is quite the oxy-moron

  29. I love how Obama gets the Gay Marriage vote.

    The president can do nothing about Gay Marriage. I don't care who he is, or what he believes. It is a state issue, vote for the senator you believe in for that issue.

    Ironically Obama was anti gay marriage as seen in his 2008 debate due to religious convictions. If he folds due to pressure from a group on a religious belief, just goes to show why we cow tow to foreign nations now.
    The Historic PES Legend

  30. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982
    I love how Obama gets the Gay Marriage vote.

    The president can do nothing about Gay Marriage. I don't care who he is, or what he believes. It is a state issue, vote for the senator you believe in for that issue.

    Ironically Obama was anti gay marriage as seen in his 2008 debate due to religious convictions. If he folds due to pressure from a group on a religious belief, just goes to show why we cow tow to foreign nations now.
    watch them both buckle to the UN's Internet tax, agenda 21, and gun laws
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Haha, wonder if anyone gets this
    By Zero V in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-13-2009, 07:02 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 04:45 PM
  3. If Im getting a thyroid panel, should I do a Clomid Stim Test?
    By krazy in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-13-2008, 03:33 PM
  4. Mitt Romney Getting Sh*t Over This ?
    By anabolicrhino in forum Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 08:31 AM
Log in
Log in