Democrat, Republican, or Southern Republican?

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
Are you a Democrat, Republican, or Southern Republican?
What with elections coming up, we should all decide.

Question: How do you tell which you are? The answer can be found by
posing the following question:

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small
children.

Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the
corner,locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and
charges. You are carrying a Smith & Wesson .44 Mag, and you are an
expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your
family. What do you do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Democrat's Answer:

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question! Does the
man look poor or oppressed?

Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?

Could we run away?

What does my wife think?

What about the kids?

Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the kn! ife out
of his hand?

What does the law say about this situation?

Does the S&W have appropriate safety built into it?

Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does
this send to society and to my children?

Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?

Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound
me?

If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away
while he was stabbing me?

Should I call 9-1-1?

Why is this street so deserted?

We need to raise taxes, have a paint and weed day and make this a
happier,healthier street that would discourage such behavior.

This is all so confusing! What would Michael Moore do?

I need to debate this with some friends for a few days and try to come
to a consensus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Republican's Answer:

BANG!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Southern Republican's Answer:

BANG! BANG! ! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
click....(sounds of reloading).
BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
click
Daughter: "Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver
Tips??"

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
That is pretty funny considering many Republican's apparent lack of regard to human life in general, unless of course it has anything to do with embryos and stem cell research or abortion, then they're all for life! Soldiers...well they're expendable, let's send them somewhere else soon, how about W pins the army on the country after a good spin of the globe :rolleyes:

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
That is pretty funny considering many Republican's apparent lack of regard to human life in general, unless of course it has anything to do with embryos and stem cell research or abortion, then they're all for life! Soldiers...well they're expendable, let's send them somewhere else soon, how about W pins the army on the country after a good spin of the globe
I thought it was funny. Why do republicans have a " lack of regard for Human life" in your opinion?

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am in the military and I woudl consider myself a republican by that definition.

Taking the life of an unborn child and of an attacker that wishes to bring harm upon your family are two seperate things dont ya think?

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I thought it was funny. Why do republicans have a " lack of regard for Human life" in your opinion?
Beause we stand up for ourselves and say that some actions require the use of deadly force to neutralize.
now admitedly we might go about it the way where everybody turns out ok but my ass will be and it takes care of the problem without anyone second guessing that.

Stop Crime SHOOT BACK

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
Its not my joke, just something going around the office. I don't think it tries to justify republicans "lack of regard for Human life". I think it pokes fun at the liberals, lack of balls to do what is necessary to protect themselves.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
That is pretty funny considering many Republican's apparent lack of regard to human life in general, unless of course it has anything to do with embryos and stem cell research or abortion, then they're all for life! Soldiers...well they're expendable, let's send them somewhere else soon, how about W pins the army on the country after a good spin of the globe :rolleyes:
Republicans don't have a lack of regard for life; they just value it differently. I.E. When 3,000 of our people die, Republicans want to kill the ppl who killed us and their mothers! The democrats on the other hand, just say we caused the mess in the first place, and said we couldn't possibly value life for going after people we know want to kill us. So, in their eyes, Americans are expendable ones b/c the world says so; after all, if you have more money than the other person, you're automatically more worthy of death, robbery, vandalization, discrimination, etc.... :rolleyes:

Its not my joke, just something going around the office. I don't think it tries to justify republicans "lack of regard for Human life". I think it pokes fun at the liberals, lack of balls to do what is necessary to protect themselves.
That's what I got from it, and it was funny :lol:

I am in the military and I woudl consider myself a republican by that definition.

Taking the life of an unborn child and of an attacker that wishes to bring harm upon your family are two seperate things dont ya think?
Oh, best post yet! :goodpost: So, freggin' owned!

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
You know, I never got the slights like this that liberals make towards Republicans. Now if Kerry got to the point where he decided to commit troops somewhere I may disagree with his choice, but I would not think he was doing it just because he was some cavalier cowboy idiot. As for Bush, he was a pilot and a decent one, and you don't get to be one of those without a brain and a decent set of instincts.

As for a little clarity: someone who's attacking my family, friends, or just another random human being will be killed if that's what I have to do to end the situation. While I believe a woman should have the right to choose in the end, there's no parallel to be drawn between an unborn fetus and a criminal in the middle of trying to commit murder, rape, robbery, etc. If anything the parallel is between the fetus and the victims of the crime, I just think in the end a woman's self sovereignty over her own body should be exercised at her discretion, whatever moral or ethical qualms I may have with her decision.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
That's what I got from it as well. Apparently it touched a nerve though. :D

hognose

Board Supporter
Awards
Looks like JWEAVE is the type of guy who will bash the hell out of any Republican just because he isn't one. Doesn't matter what good and what that Republican had to go through to keep this country afloat, he'll call him a retard and an idiot, bring up the Iraq war and be on his way. Unfortunatly, most Democrats, have a very short memory, the poor guy had to go through 9/11 one year into his job. You can say all you want about the stock market and the economy, but you erase 9/11 from the history books, and Bush has 4 of the greatest years in American History.

That's what I got from it as well. Apparently it touched a nerve though. :D

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
HAHAHA I love it
a democrat wouldn't have the gun in the first place

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Jweave is a good guy.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Looks like JWEAVE is the type of guy who will bash the hell out of any Republican just because he isn't one. Doesn't matter what good and what that Republican had to go through to keep this country afloat, he'll call him a retard and an idiot, bring up the Iraq war and be on his way. Unfortunatly, most Democrats, have a very short memory, the poor guy had to go through 9/11 one year into his job. You can say all you want about the stock market and the economy, but you erase 9/11 from the history books, and Bush has 4 of the greatest years in American History.
What did he do that is positive in those 4 years? Really. Just tell me what he did in his 4 greatest years in American History.

He brought war halfway around the world based on faulty premises and poor intelligence, not to protect or avenge any American lives. In the 80s, the US worked closer with Al Queda than Iraq ever did. I'm not saying that Saddam was a good guy or anything like that, but the man flat out LIED to the American people during his state of the union address when he said that there were strong ties between Iraq and Al Queda, and that there was current evidence of WMDs in Iraq. The fact of the matter is that Iraq at one time did have chemical agents....its also a fact that we supplied them with chemical agents during their war with Iran in the eighties. Iraq and 9/11 = No relationship.....just an excuse for a man whos never been to war to start another war.

Thats like giving a thug your wallet and then beating him up for taking your wallet.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
What did he do that is positive in those 4 years? Really. Just tell me what he did in his 4 greatest years in American History.

He brought war halfway around the world based on faulty premises and poor intelligence, not to protect or avenge any American lives.
But, it was the "faulty and poor" intelligence of over 7 major nations!!! That is significant.
In the 80s, the US worked closer with Al Queda than Iraq ever did.
US & Al Qaeda?? Not really. UBL just didn't hate us 'cuz we helped them beat off the russians. I wouldn't say we were linked to Al Qaeda (ROFL).
I'm not saying that Saddam was a good guy or anything like that, but the man flat out LIED to the American people during his state of the union address when he said that there were strong ties between Iraq and Al Queda, and that there was current evidence of WMDs in Iraq.
Well I hate to burst your bubble, but there were strong ties betwee Al Qaeda and Iraq; there was just zero collaboration between the two on 9/11.
The fact of the matter is that Iraq at one time did have chemical agents....its also a fact that we supplied them with chemical agents during their war with Iran in the eighties.
All too true unfortunately :( But I believe the concern was for more than just toxic gases. The concern was nukes and biologicals.
Iraq and 9/11 = No relationship.....just an excuse for a man whos never been to war to start another war.
I'll never understand this line of thought. Why do people swear stupid stuff like this? Honestly...why would someone want to start a war? I don't believe any president in our history "wanted" to start a war, with exception for Bill Clinton during the Lewnski scandal :hammer: Now, I'm not trying to say he started bombing people because of it...I was just crackin fun ;)
Thats like giving a thug your wallet and then beating him up for taking your wallet.
I'd do it if the thug deserved it and I thought I could legally get away with it :D

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Looks like JWEAVE is the type of guy who will bash the hell out of any Republican just because he isn't one.
calm down. Porkchop is one of a few liberally minded people who occasionally throws his opinions into the predominantly very conservative discussions that take place in these political threads. from your post, I could very easily say that YOU bash the hell out of any Democrat just because you aren't one.

I do not consider W a "poor guy" for having to go through 9/11, we all did, and if I felt empathy for any politician during that time it was Rudy G. 9/11 gave Bush the opportunity to ligitimize his presidency in the eyes of millions of people which he certainly did

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
calm down. Porkchop is one of a few liberally minded people who occasionally throws his opinions into the predominantly very conservative discussions that take place in these political threads. from your post, I could very easily say that YOU bash the hell out of any Democrat just because you aren't one.
True, BUT saying that conservatives (well, he said republicans, but I'll interpret it as conservatives) don't have any regard for human life. That is a pretty harsh statement and I hate to say it, but rather ignorant. Really, "apparent lack of regard for human life"...not very cool.

But yeah, many conservative people did just come in with an equally stupid response to it, me included, but I was kidding :p

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
get over yourself :rolleyes:

All I do is occasionally throw out flippant and irreverant comments to disturb and hopefully irritate the obviously conservative majority of this board. If nearly every political post here at AM wasn't full of right wing lackees I probably would not say such things. Responses such as yours, however, give me that much more satisfaction when I do :rasp:

With that said, do I actually believe that all conservatives have a total disregard for human life? Of course not. That was meant to incite, which it did, and possibly give my opinion that the lives lost in this war were not worth it (along with the money spent and increase in anti-amercian sentiment).

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
True, BUT saying that conservatives (well, he said republicans, but I'll interpret it as conservatives) don't have any regard for human life. That is a pretty harsh statement and I hate to say it, but rather ignorant. Really, "apparent lack of regard for human life"...not very cool.

But yeah, many conservative people did just come in with an equally stupid response to it, me included, but I was kidding :p
What is "not very cool" to me was the obvious unchecked bashing of liberals on this board which has went on for some time now. Fair is far, now deal with it.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
What is "not very cool" to me was the obvious unchecked bashing of liberals on this board which has went on for some time now. Fair is far, now deal with it.
I can agree with that point 100%. But, I just think it's a differnt story putting a barbaric stereotype on people such as "[conservatives] have an apparent lack of regard for human life" is a bit overboard. You can call us all stupid rednecks, but lack of regard for live is overboard. That is not fair. Checking our beliefs is fair though. If you can make some good points and we really are idiots and just dont know it then you may influence some "open minded" middle of the road kind of guy that your belief system makes more sense. So, whether or not we disagree, your opinion is more than welcome as far as I'm concerned. Maybe you can "open my mind" ;) Maybe not...

Just try to stay away from labeling me and my beliefs as barbaric...unless you can prove it (i.e. it's easy to prove Nazi's ar e barbaric.)

EDIT: And yes, I saw your post where you said you don't actually believe that we've got a total disregard for life. :drunk:

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
get over yourself :rolleyes:

All I do is occasionally throw out flippant and irreverant comments to disturb and hopefully irritate the obviously conservative majority of this board. If nearly every political post here at AM wasn't full of right wing lackees I probably would not say such things. Responses such as yours, however, give me that much more satisfaction when I do :rasp:

With that said, do I actually believe that all conservatives have a total disregard for human life? Of course not. That was meant to incite, which it did, and possibly give my opinion that the lives lost in this war were not worth it (along with the money spent and increase in anti-amercian sentiment).
Hope that wasn't at me? I put a j/k in post. :thumbsup: :drunk:
I think we all get our kicks out of pushing the othersides buttons.

At least it will all be over in a few weeks(well we might have to wait until after the lawsuites are settled), for me next week my county is so congested they are opening the poles 2 weeks early. . I went to grad school for a couple of semesters in the early 90's in France, for what its worth I don't think there is much of an increase in anti-american sentiment, they've hated us for a long time - it just gets reported more.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Liberals have controlled most media outlets for the last twenty years. The Internet and talk radio has finally given conservatives a voice independent of filtration by New York/California liberal elites. I don't think it's conservatives who need to learn how to deal. I think it's the libs who are still infinitely shocked that the rest of the country doesn't agree with them who need to learn to deal.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Liberals have controlled most media outlets for the last twenty years. The Internet and talk radio has finally given conservatives a voice independent of filtration by New York/California liberal elites. I don't think it's conservatives who need to learn how to deal. I think it's the libs who are still infinitely shocked that the rest of the country doesn't agree with them who need to learn to deal.
20 years of liberal media, 50 years of influential liberal, semi-communist, hollywood. Fair?? :trout: LOL

I agree 100% with the bolded area, it's something I think everyone should read ten times over :D

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
umm...

I was referring to the obvious and blatant conservative tone on this board which runs rampant here. So... left media bias means what in regards to this board? Jack ****, that's what. If you believe that, then surely affirmative action is right, slave reparations should be paid, no? Well someone was wronged in the past there too, so it should be made up for, right? :rolleyes: (Of course that's is an extreme example, but shows me the ridiculousness of the logic used above).

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
umm...
I was referring to the obvious and blatant conservative tone on this board which runs rampant here. So... left media bias means what in regards to this board? Jack ****, that's what. If you believe that, then surely affirmative action is right, slave reparations should be paid, no? Well someone was wronged in the past there too, so it should be made up for, right? :rolleyes: (Of course that's is an extreme example, but shows me the ridiculousness of the logic used above).
No, it doesn't. What it does show is that liberals can't look at a problem without seeing a government solution. I'm not suggesting the government take money from you to fund this board so us annoying conservatives can bitch and moan on your dime (reparations), nor am I suggesting that some extra effort is required by the mods to promote our views (affirmative action). What I am suggesting is that after decades of controlling public debate and the slant of news stories, perhaps liberals should show some of that open mindedness, desire for diversity and tolerance they supposedly revere. Thing is, when put them to the test that open mind is pretty closed and usually poorly educated, especially on economic matters. That desire for diversity begins and ends with skin color and surely does not include ideological diversity. And as for that famous tolerance, it's about as abundant as minimarts in the arctic.

Don't like the conservative posts, don't read them. Or post rebukes if you feel obliged, no one is stopping you, nor is anyone forcing you to do one thing or another. That's freedom as I understand it. Don't get your knickers in a twist though just because you don't like the fact that many, many people disagree with you and actually voice that opinion.