Prohormone ban implemented, automatic weapons ban lifted

  1. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Answers
    0

    Prohormone ban implemented, automatic weapons ban lifted


    I don't know about you guys, but if I was a parent, I'd be more afraid of little billy getting shot up by an AK-47 than of him taking some andro and getting bitch tits.

  2. Registered User
    Pirate!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    349
    Answers
    0

    If you really live in Kuwait, you should be. Accetpt, you wouldn't name your kid Billy.
  3. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateFromHell
    If you really live in Kuwait, you should be. Accetpt, you wouldn't name your kid Billy.
    Nah, I don't live in kuwait, I started posting as that while I was deployed there....I wonder if theres a way to become RobinGermany now that I redeployed .

    Actually Kuwait is very safe. While there I went to TGIFridays, Fuddruckers, 2 malls, and drove past a Lambourghini dealership. Those Kuwaitis have money. A natural born Kuwaiti gets paid 200K a year for being alive and they spend all their time trying to spend all their money.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    your2slow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    17
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait
    I don't know about you guys, but if I was a parent, I'd be more afraid of little billy getting shot up by an AK-47 than of him taking some andro and getting bitch tits.
    Evidently you've been watching too much CNN about the assault weapons ban. The assault weapons ban had nothing whatsoever to do with automatic weapons. Fully automatic weapons have been heavily regulated since the early 1900's and civilians have been banned from buying new fully automatic weapons since 1986. The only thing the assault weapons ban did in effect was limit high capacity magazines, collapsable stocks, and flash supressors to law enforcement. It had no effect on crime rates so it was really useless.
  5. Registered User
    NPursuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,803
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by your2slow
    Evidently you've been watching too much CNN about the assault weapons ban. The assault weapons ban had nothing whatsoever to do with automatic weapons. Fully automatic weapons have been heavily regulated since the early 1900's and civilians have been banned from buying new fully automatic weapons since 1986. The only thing the assault weapons ban did in effect was limit high capacity magazines, collapsable stocks, and flash supressors to law enforcement. It had no effect on crime rates so it was really useless.
    Thank you, you saved me from having say it. You also could still purchase the same weapons, they just had to be manufactured before a certain date and they cost more. I don't see members of Al Qaeda or gangstas picking up semi autos to accomplish their missions. The ignorance surrounded by this piece of useless legislation irritates me to no end. BTW I just picked up a nice law enforcement version Colt AR15.
  6. Registered User
    your2slow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    17
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by NPursuit
    BTW I just picked up a nice law enforcement version Colt AR15.
    I'm looking at a Rock River Arms Elite CAR A4 No Ban model myself. Have fun with the Colt!!!
  7. Registered User
    DR.D's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,779
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by NPursuit
    Thank you, you saved me from having say it. You also could still purchase the same weapons, they just had to be manufactured before a certain date and they cost more. I don't see members of Al Qaeda or gangstas picking up semi autos to accomplish their missions. The ignorance surrounded by this piece of useless legislation irritates me to no end. BTW I just picked up a nice law enforcement version Colt AR15.
    You got it local or on the net?
  8. Registered User
    NPursuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,803
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by DR.D
    You got it local or on the net?
    On the net.
  9. Registered User
    Lean One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,674
    Answers
    0

    [QUOTE=RobInKuwait
    Actually Kuwait is very safe. While there I went to TGIFridays, Fuddruckers, 2 malls, and drove past a Lambourghini dealership. Those Kuwaitis have money. A natural born Kuwaiti gets paid 200K a year for being alive and they spend all their time trying to spend all their money.[/QUOTE]
    Jeez, I just wish I lived in Kuwait.
  10. Board Supporter
    snakebyte05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,538
    Answers
    0

    Well you think the assalt weapons thing is bad enough, look at the democrats trying to get the draft reinstated. http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query was proposed by all democrats (which i side with lots of times, but am 100% against this bill), if you are in college you still must go, unles you are a senior, which you then can wait and finish the year, or in highschool which they will let you finish. Only good thing about the bill is that women will be drafted to.
  11. Registered User
    DR.D's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,779
    Answers
    0

    They should only draft women with PMS. My wife could take out at least 100 terrorists on a PMS day. They should send Rouge too, he's such a little whiner.
  12. Registered User
    NO MERCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    745
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by DR.D
    They should only draft women with PMS. My wife could take out at least 100 terrorists on a PMS day. They should send Rouge too, he's such a little whiner.
    hahahah
  13. Registered User
    your2slow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    17
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by snakebyte05
    Well you think the assalt weapons thing is bad enough, look at the democrats trying to get the draft reinstated. http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query was proposed by all democrats (which i side with lots of times, but am 100% against this bill), if you are in college you still must go, unles you are a senior, which you then can wait and finish the year, or in highschool which they will let you finish. Only good thing about the bill is that women will be drafted to.
    I think they are using that as more of a scare tactic to get people to vote for Kerry. There's a mass email going around the internet about it claiming Bush wants to start up the draft because of this.
  14. Board Supporter
    snakebyte05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,538
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by your2slow
    I think they are using that as more of a scare tactic to get people to vote for Kerry. There's a mass email going around the internet about it claiming Bush wants to start up the draft because of this.
    Yup, i've heard that exact same thing about bush from all the kerry supporters. I already have a copy of the bill printed out. It always is fun to shove things like this in someones face. Im not strictly bush or kerry, so i'm not trying to stick up for bush or kerry. Just to many people misinformed about whats going on.
  15. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by your2slow
    Evidently you've been watching too much CNN about the assault weapons ban. The assault weapons ban had nothing whatsoever to do with automatic weapons. Fully automatic weapons have been heavily regulated since the early 1900's and civilians have been banned from buying new fully automatic weapons since 1986. The only thing the assault weapons ban did in effect was limit high capacity magazines, collapsable stocks, and flash supressors to law enforcement. It had no effect on crime rates so it was really useless.
    Heh, I just always heard it called the assault weapons ban, and my buddy was telling me he could buy an AK in the states now. I'm not saying that I think this is a good piece of legislation, I just think that its ironic that legislators are increasing my access to weapons used only to kill other people, while decreasing my ability to ingest what I choose into body(aka "kill" myself with prohormones).
  16. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Answers
    0

    That whole draft thing is ****ing scary. I can't imagine the leadership challenge of being in charge of a company of "soldiers" in Iraq forced to be in the army by the point of the gun.
  17. Registered User
    DR.D's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,779
    Answers
    0

    they don't have to, they can just sit in jail if they refuse to fight
  18. Registered User
    your2slow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    17
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait
    Heh, I just always heard it called the assault weapons ban, and my buddy was telling me he could buy an AK in the states now. I'm not saying that I think this is a good piece of legislation, I just think that its ironic that legislators are increasing my access to weapons used only to kill other people, while decreasing my ability to ingest what I choose into body(aka "kill" myself with prohormones).
    He's always been able to buy an AK-47 in the states or at least since they were designed years ago. A standard AK-47 is semi-automatic and most of the ones you buy will be cheaply made by an unheard of company. The Assault Weapons ban didn't actually ban any kind of firearm it banned certain characteristics of firearms. BTW I use my guns for things other than killing people. Actually I've never killed anyone and hope I never have to, but I do like to target shoot with those guns to keep myself in practice. That's what the majority of gun owners in the world do, but it seems we're never mentioned in the media.

    I agree with you on the prohormones ban just so you know. Alcohol and Tobacco has killed more people than our supplements ever will. Tobacco has become a cash cow for the government now and beer companies pump alot of cash into the economy. IOW line the pockets of politicians with green and we'll have the finest prohormones ever developed on the shelves of every gas station.
  19. Registered User
    DR.D's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,779
    Answers
    0

    2slo, what's a good, cheaper but reliable brand of AK? Is there a good web site?
  20. Registered User
    g4ud1n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    281
    Answers
    0

    why is this in the prohormones section
  21. Registered User
    Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,016
    Answers
    0

    guys, automatic weapons are still covered by the NFA and GCA. They are not any more available now then they were last month. You need to do more research and watch less TV.
  22. Registered User
    Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,016
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by DR.D
    2slo, what's a good, cheaper but reliable brand of AK? Is there a good web site?
    Romainian SAR's are good.
  23. Registered User
    your2slow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    17
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by DR.D
    2slo, what's a good, cheaper but reliable brand of AK? Is there a good web site?
    To be honest I don't know enough about all the individual different makers to know which one to recommend. You might want to check out the news group rec.guns. There are many knowledgable people on that forum. You can buy kits to build your own AR-15 for about $500 from what I understand. I don't know anyone that has personally done that, but from what I've read they are good entry level AR-15's.
  24. Registered User
    rrgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,028
    Answers
    0

    OFF TOPIC: Take a look at the actual draft bill, and you'll see that it's a stunt coming from far left Congressmen including the a$$hole who famously claimed we had gone to red alert. See also Fahrenheit 911's display of Rep. McDermott, who's involved in the bill.
  25. ***** Vampire
    goldylight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    840
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by DR.D
    2slo, what's a good, cheaper but reliable brand of AK? Is there a good web site?
    romainians are cheapest. http://www.arsenalinc.com/ makes the best AK's in my opinion and they are US based.
  26. Board Supporter
    snakebyte05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,538
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by rrgg
    OFF TOPIC: Take a look at the actual draft bill, and you'll see that it's a stunt coming from far left Congressmen including the a$$hole who famously claimed we had gone to red alert. See also Fahrenheit 911's display of Rep. McDermott, who's involved in the bill.
    I have seen the movie (which I did not like at all), but what was his part in the movie? I'm with you thinking that all these rumors around with bush going to be the one to reinstate the draft, when in fact democrats are.
  27. Registered User
    rrgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,028
    Answers
    0

    OFF TOPIC:

    I hope this doesn't become a Fahrenheit 911 thread... but to answer your question McDermott is the guy in the film who talked about the psychology of scaring people into policy change. Conyers is the guy who talked about voting for the PATRIOT Act without debating it.

    This isn't a pitch for either Kerry or Bush. I'm simply claiming that the "draft" bill is a political stunt that is not supported by the White House in any way. It is coming from Rangel, Abercrombie, Conyers, Lewis, McDermott, and Stark. Lewis is the only Republican in the group. They're not exactly friends of the White House. In fact, Conyers is on the lunatic fringe. Last May he even appeared at an MAS "Freedom Awards" event honoring Abdurahman Alamoudi who had been charged with involvement in an assassination plot among other terrorist activities.
  28. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by snakebyte05
    I have seen the movie (which I did not like at all), but what was his part in the movie? I'm with you thinking that all these rumors around with bush going to be the one to reinstate the draft, when in fact democrats are.
    Well, I think if bush wins, he very well may have to reinstate the draft. If you crunch the number of soldiers in OIF/OEF against the large number of soldiers getting out versus the relatively few coming in, it will be very hard to maintain these conflicts for an extended period without either giving soldiers a major pay raise, putting the soldiers in now permanently on stop loss, or reinstating the draft.
  29. Registered User
    rrgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,028
    Answers
    0

    The issue was the (false) rumour that the White House was secretly taking action to reinstate the draft. That's a very different issue from whether the US has to reinstate the draft in the near future.

    P.S. You're also not accounting for the forces the US plans to withdraw from other places like Europe (and has already started in South Korea). And you're assuming the US will maintain troop levels after the 2005 elections in Iraq.
  30. Registered User
    DR.D's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,779
    Answers
    0

    Good political points RRGG, RK and Snakebyte!

    Also thant Grant, Goldy and 2Slo for the gun info!
  31. ***** Vampire
    goldylight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    840
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait
    Well, I think if bush wins, he very well may have to reinstate the draft. If you crunch the number of soldiers in OIF/OEF against the large number of soldiers getting out versus the relatively few coming in, it will be very hard to maintain these conflicts for an extended period without either giving soldiers a major pay raise, putting the soldiers in now permanently on stop loss, or reinstating the draft.
    we could always pull troops out of germany.
  32. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by rrgg
    The issue was the (false) rumour that the White House was secretly taking action to reinstate the draft. That's a very different issue from whether the US has to reinstate the draft in the near future.
    Actually, I never heard this rumor, I'm just looking at the number of manuever units in the US army and their deployment rotations (every other year). I'm also looking at the number of my friends and their soldiers who are getting out once their commitments are up or stop loss is lifted. The number is VERY high.

    Quote Originally Posted by rrgg
    P.S. You're also not accounting for the forces the US plans to withdraw from other places like Europe (and has already started in South Korea). And you're assuming the US will maintain troop levels after the 2005 elections in Iraq.
    Actually I am. Every major manuever command in Europe has deployed in the past three years, 1ID has twice.

    Also we're not withdrawing from europe we're just reorganizing it to fit the new BCT structure.

    Also a division out of Korea is in Iraq as we speak.
  33. Gold Member
    RobInKuwait's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,291
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by goldylight
    we could always pull troops out of germany.
    1st armored was there 15 months and is going back in April after a 9 month break, and 1st infantry returned for their second year there. V Corps and III Corps were also there. The troops in Germany are pulling just as much weight in OIF/OEF as almost any other unit in the army.
  34. Board Supporter
    wastedwhiteboy2's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,988
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by RobInKuwait
    That whole draft thing is ****ing scary. I can't imagine the leadership challenge of being in charge of a company of "soldiers" in Iraq forced to be in the army by the point of the gun.
    there will not be a draft.
  35. Board Supporter
    snakebyte05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,538
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2
    there will not be a draft.
    Most likely not, but the fact that it has even been proposed, I think is a bad move on anyones part.
  36. Running with the Big Boys
    Matthew D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    5,019
    Answers
    0

    really do try to get this in the right forum at least some of the time
  37. Registered User
    INFOHAZARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    53
    Posts
    215
    Answers
    0

    Letsee....

    1) The Draft Proposal was first put forth by Charles Rangel (whom I have always considered a weenie) quite some time back as a form of protest because it contained absolutely no loopholes for anybody in the right age group- Senator's kids would be called up. The GOP pidgeonholed it until the right time (Rangel's protest message was forgotten and it was near the election) and then they publically stomped it to death.

    Of course that means they won't have to debate the issues Rangel brought up whan they come up with their draft proposal after the elections.

    2) The rumors started about the draft (before Rangel's bill) when someone looked on the Selective Service web site, and noted that they were soliciting for volunteers to local SS boards all over the country. A hew and cry went up and subsuquently the web site reported that they have always been soliciting for volunteers to local SS boards all over the country.

    Say, I get an obscure rag called "Federal Practitioner." It had an article that noted the commision responsible for the plan to draft physiscians recently reported that they can role out the program and have the first doctors in uniform within 6 months of being given the word. So don't think for a second that there are not government bodies preparing to implement the draft.

    Me? Since I started seeing the Fnords, I think Robert Anton Wilson of the Guns and Dope Party should be President:

    The G'n'D Party Advocates:

    [1] guns for those who want them, no guns
    forced on those who don't want them (pacfists, Quakers etc.)
    [2] drugs for those who want them,
    no drugs forced on those who don't want them (Christian Scientists etc.)
    [3] an end to Tsarism and a return to constitutional democracy
    [4] equal rights for ostriches.

    http://www.gunsanddope.com/

    Ok, I'm still undecided about the ostriches, but I think the rest of the platform ROCKS!

    INFOHAZARD

  38. Registered User
    INFOHAZARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    53
    Posts
    215
    Answers
    0

    Oh, Yeah. I love my pre ban FN-FAL .308 battle rifle. I don't use illegal drugs....

    -Man, that PH ban SUCKS.

    INFOHAZARD
    If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny. -Thomas Jefferson


    Last edited by INFOHAZARD; 10-11-2004 at 11:37 PM.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Assault Weapons Ban 2008 bill
    By Omen in forum Politics
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 05:01 AM
  2. The Senate Is Voting On The Prohormone Ban June 8th!!
    By VanillaGorilla in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-28-2004, 06:12 PM
  3. When are prohormones going to be banned?
    By Campeon in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 07:53 PM
  4. Possible Prohormone Ban: Read Here!
    By windwords7 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-14-2003, 08:52 PM
  5. Question about prohormone ban
    By Iron Warrior in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 09:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in