Election of 2012....Who ya got?

Page 13 of 41 First ... 1112131415 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    exactly, its not easier now by any stretch. Add in the value of a bachelors in todays job world (which is minimal) and you realize how difficult it is.
    Better off getting a 2 year certification or an associates degrees than paying for a bachelor's.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    At the same time, he's right
    A year ago I would have agreed with you,but this is a different America than the one I grew up in.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Yes...anyone may have a chance, and I also agree you can make far less than that and live well.

    That chance though is only limited and there are only a small % of jobs available that even make 100k. According to the 2009 census 9.7% of Americans make 100k and up. I know there are far more than that that qualify for the same type's of jobs but are in a impossible situation of limited work.

    I feel that if everybody gets a master education, and is equally as competitive, hard working and smart..still only 9.7% will make 100k.

    This is what they told people in China that if they get an high education they will do good. With the increase and overabundance of college graduates in China many and more in the future are being left out with no real job opportunities because you can only supply a certain amount of jobs.

    In any monetary system most have to be poor and there is no choice. The only solution to this is to ban the monetary system and to move on to a resource based economy.
    haha SOCIALIST!! jk
    Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you.

  4. Hey Everyone,

    Just got my OWN internet connection so no more slow internet for me. Watched the Sept. 22 debates. My thoughts:

    Bachman - She's crazy. She's tanking. She's a woman. Not happening. I don't know anybody that likes her. I'd even like to point out that her campaign slogan is "The unifying choice that will beat Obama" and shes pushing abortion bills in the house to try to gain votes... honestly? no interest in the problems of the nation Michelle?

    Gary Johnson - First, he's either gay or a former junkie. Somethings wrong with that guy. I kinda like him, but the GOP doesn't. He's pro too much for the far right and religious to handle.

    Rick Perry - NO...oh GOD no!

    Herman Cain - Um he's black. Is 2012 the year when Americans will choose between two black guys as President? I doubt he will win the GOP. He does sound like a used car salesman. He's smart, and I believe Fox will support him for a while to come, but...

    Ron Paul - Funny guy. He seems to have the best nature of the lot. He's too Libertarian though for any serious Republican consideration. And he kind of intimidates me, like he wants anarchy or something. I do believe and have faith in what he says, but it's still intimidating. And I don't support libertarian views.

    Rick Santorum - He's a weasel. He used his child's death as a campaign tool, he has this intelligent design thing going on, he's discriminatory. He's very smart, and very capable, but I can't stand the guy.

    Newt Gingrich - I don't think he wants to be Pres. Lol. I just think he's enjoying the attention.

    I'm still getting to know Romney and Huntsman but they both seem pretty decent.
    Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you.

  5. Your analysis is funny and pretty spot on. I think Newt really wants a shot at VP and would be a good choice for many.

    I actually like Huntsman, he is my top choice of the bunch, but anything less than 2nd in NH for him and he is done.

    It is Romney's to lose imo. He is very smooth, and never seems to get flustered by any attack. If he can get the religious right loons to jump on board, he will beat Obama, especially if unemployment remains an issue
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post

    It is Romney's to lose imo. He is very smooth, and never seems to get flustered by any attack. If he can get the religious right loons to jump on board, he will beat Obama, especially if unemployment remains an issue
    Now there are internal warfare with the christian religion, 1 sect (evangelical?? dont remember) was calling out Romney as saying his sect of Mormonism is a cult.
    Liked this post:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gutterpump, Matthandyo, Dma378, Misfit and 10 others

  7. Ok, I'll recant to 100k for a couple I just figure if i, as the child of an illiterate blue collar worker who grew up on occasional food stamps, free school lunches and salvation army clothes could break 6 figures without a college degree others can too

  8. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Your analysis is funny and pretty spot on. I think Newt really wants a shot at VP and would be a good choice for many.

    I actually like Huntsman, he is my top choice of the bunch, but anything less than 2nd in NH for him and he is done.

    It is Romney's to lose imo. He is very smooth, and never seems to get flustered by any attack. If he can get the religious right loons to jump on board, he will beat Obama, especially if unemployment remains an issue

    I'll also throw my hat in with Huntsman. He seems to be sane, and that takes him a long way in this race! He makes the most sense and uses the facts to try and win his arguments. I'd be the least scared for this country's future with him in office.

    As for Romney, he a politician. Watch his 2011 CPAC speech. When he could have approached the problems he instead attacked Obama for the entire speech.

    YES WE GET IT OBAMA SUCKS! Can we please hear a plan, an idea, ANYTHING besides hate spewing?

    Also watch his 2011 VFW Convention speech. As a vet I will say that his speech doesn't make any friggin sense. It's horrible, he uses fear to try and persuade his audiences, he talks of spending more on the military when he's talking to veterans! Umm.... hello? Vets aren't interested in military spending, they are interested in veteran's benefits, healthcare, pensions, etc. Thats exactly why there's a Department of Defense and a Department of Veteran's Affairs. Two separate entities.

    How about saying thanks to the vets huh? How about asking how their benefits are working?

    Honestly Election of 2012, who do I have?

    OBAMA FA YA MAMA!

    If it so happens to be Obama v Huntsman or Obama v Paul then I'll vote Republican and watch the show. But that will never happen.
    Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you.

  9. On al awlaki, this answered most of my concerns. I'd say it probably was legitimate now after the justifications presented

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44833756...war-al-awlaki/

  10. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    On al awlaki, this answered most of my concerns. I'd say it probably was legitimate now after the justifications presented

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44833756...war-al-awlaki/
    Ive been waiting for them to come up with a story like this, lol
    Liked this post:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gutterpump, Matthandyo, Dma378, Misfit and 10 others

  11. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    On al awlaki, this answered most of my concerns. I'd say it probably was legitimate now after the justifications presented

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44833756...war-al-awlaki/
    Interesting video none the less. My Airforce buddy was trying to play it down last weekend saying the attack wasn't soley toward Awlaki, but they got him in the process.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Jessep76 View Post
    Interesting video none the less. My Airforce buddy was trying to play it down last weekend saying the attack wasn't soley toward Awlaki, but they got him in the process.
    Did you know the Awalki was the Pentagon's guest of honor at a dinner just months after 9-11, at the same time a Homeland Security commission was ivestigating him for his involvement in 9/11? Awalki was known as the spiritual leader of 3 of the 9/11 hijackers as well, nice guest of honor for a Pentagon dinner isnt it?
    Liked this post:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gutterpump, Matthandyo, Dma378, Misfit and 10 others

  13. Quote Originally Posted by vinnythestick View Post
    Hey Everyone,

    Just got my OWN internet connection so no more slow internet for me. Watched the Sept. 22 debates. My thoughts:

    Bachman - She's crazy. She's tanking. She's a woman. Not happening. I don't know anybody that likes her. I'd even like to point out that her campaign slogan is "The unifying choice that will beat Obama" and shes pushing abortion bills in the house to try to gain votes... honestly? no interest in the problems of the nation Michelle?

    Gary Johnson - First, he's either gay or a former junkie. Somethings wrong with that guy. I kinda like him, but the GOP doesn't. He's pro too much for the far right and religious to handle.

    Rick Perry - NO...oh GOD no!

    Herman Cain - Um he's black. Is 2012 the year when Americans will choose between two black guys as President? I doubt he will win the GOP. He does sound like a used car salesman. He's smart, and I believe Fox will support him for a while to come, but...

    Ron Paul - Funny guy. He seems to have the best nature of the lot. He's too Libertarian though for any serious Republican consideration. And he kind of intimidates me, like he wants anarchy or something. I do believe and have faith in what he says, but it's still intimidating. And I don't support libertarian views.

    Rick Santorum - He's a weasel. He used his child's death as a campaign tool, he has this intelligent design thing going on, he's discriminatory. He's very smart, and very capable, but I can't stand the guy.

    Newt Gingrich - I don't think he wants to be Pres. Lol. I just think he's enjoying the attention.

    I'm still getting to know Romney and Huntsman but they both seem pretty decent.
    which libertarian views do you not support? "not trying to be a dick, genuinely curious"

  14. Quote Originally Posted by nonidentity View Post
    which libertarian views do you not support? "not trying to be a dick, genuinely curious"
    I think the Libertarian party is too anarchistic for my tastes. They believe in too small a government role in economics, foreign-policy, drugs, prostitution, etc.

    This would be awesome if the world was a better place, but if you dont place controls on people then they go crazy.

    Muslim extremists and Imperialist nations are getting ready to launch one hell of a war on the US in the next 30 years if we don't intervene IMHO.
    We'd experience huge jumps in human trafficking, sex slavery, etc.

    I think we'd need an insane police force to keep this type of government from failing to protect it's citizens from the dissidents of society.

    I think Libertarian views are about freedom and self-expression, but they fail to account for the views of the religious population of the world which are usually about reverence ,restraint, and order. Also the plain crazies.

    You give religious nuts and the crazies freedom and they kill you with it.
    Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you.

  15. The more I think about it the more I cant believe that Perry can withstand the scrutiny for another few months. I think its looking:

    Cain vs Paul vs Romney

    Maybe Ron Paul 2012 isn't a bad chant after all...
    Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by vinnythestick View Post
    Cain vs Paul vs Romney
    ^^^ Federal Reserve Dictator vs Thomas Jefferson vs Death to late night television
    Liked this post:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gutterpump, Matthandyo, Dma378, Misfit and 10 others

  17. Perry continues to fall. Now in 4th with Romney, Cain and Gingrich ahead. Poor Ron Paul

  18. Quote Originally Posted by vinnythestick View Post
    I think the Libertarian party is too anarchistic for my tastes. They believe in too small a government role in economics, foreign-policy, drugs, prostitution, etc.

    This would be awesome if the world was a better place, but if you dont place controls on people then they go crazy.

    Muslim extremists and Imperialist nations are getting ready to launch one hell of a war on the US in the next 30 years if we don't intervene IMHO.
    We'd experience huge jumps in human trafficking, sex slavery, etc.

    I think we'd need an insane police force to keep this type of government from failing to protect it's citizens from the dissidents of society.

    I think Libertarian views are about freedom and self-expression, but they fail to account for the views of the religious population of the world which are usually about reverence ,restraint, and order. Also the plain crazies.

    You give religious nuts and the crazies freedom and they kill you with it.
    I don't think it's going to turn into a free for all. I think everything that the libertarians want to legalize will still have to face tight restrictions. I don't think there would be anymore 'sex slaves' than there is now. My big issue is the drug war. I can't stand to think that '30,000?' people have died under unnecessary prohibition :/ even the cold-blooded cartel members wouldn't have been enlisted if all the gangs were bankrupted by legalization. but I'm leaving the US in january for a few years anyways, so while I hope things get better here, it's not in my backyard so to speak

  19. Quote Originally Posted by nonidentity View Post
    I hope things get better here, it's not in my backyard so to speak
    Nope...its full steam all out turning to a police state here and there is nothing stopping it.
    Liked this post:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gutterpump, Matthandyo, Dma378, Misfit and 10 others

  20. Quote Originally Posted by ax1

    Nope...its full steam all out turning to a police state here and there is nothing stopping it.
    All according to plan..

  21. ahhhh.....its good to see the tinfoil is out in full force

  22. Herman Cain Sings "imagine" All the pizza


    Liked this post:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gutterpump, Matthandyo, Dma378, Misfit and 10 others

  23. But AX, dont you know that 9,9,9, is the new catch phrase for the masses?


  24. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    But AX, dont you know that 9,9,9, is the new catch phrase for the masses?

    This is troublesome...I was just doing a headstand while finishing up some computer work when I read your post and I realized there is a hidden message there.
    Liked this post:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gutterpump, Matthandyo, Dma378, Misfit and 10 others

  25. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    But AX, dont you know that 9,9,9, is the new catch phrase for the masses?


    The Christians really need to jump on this one.

  26. Nice heated debate last night. Cain's plain was shown to an extent as a fraud, and it is. Paul had his best debate thus far IMO, but I still think Romney comes out ahead again

  27. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    But AX, dont you know that 9,9,9, is the new catch phrase for the masses?


  28. and although i'll join in making fun of it, the plan when you think about it has some merits. Yes, viewed directly middle class sees an increase. But when their employer is paying 7% less in payroll taxes, that means more capability for raises. And similarly with some of the other areas, there would be an effect over time that would fix some of the issues as businesses worked out the new cost structure. But it would take a few years.

    I don't have a problem with middle + down being taxed more anyhow. We are nearing the point where close to half of america are tax consumers rather than tax payers and long term that just can't work.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Nice heated debate last night. Cain's plain was shown to an extent as a fraud, and it is. Paul had his best debate thus far IMO, but I still think Romney comes out ahead again
    I normally try not to pay attention to the way they act on these debate's, but Perry is just a plain prick, lol.

    You never know though....Perry could be staging that to help elevate Romney's status. Id doubt it, but you never know and it would work.
    Liked this post:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gutterpump, Matthandyo, Dma378, Misfit and 10 others

  30. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    and although i'll join in making fun of it, the plan when you think about it has some merits. Yes, viewed directly middle class sees an increase. But when their employer is paying 7% less in payroll taxes, that means more capability for raises. And similarly with some of the other areas, there would be an effect over time that would fix some of the issues as businesses worked out the new cost structure. But it would take a few years.

    I don't have a problem with middle + down being taxed more anyhow. We are nearing the point where close to half of america are tax consumers rather than tax payers and long term that just can't work.
    I only support no income tax. The term "fair income tax" isnt something that can exist in practice unless people enjoy slavery.

    Man's freedom = man owns his own labor, not the government.
    Liked this post:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gutterpump, Matthandyo, Dma378, Misfit and 10 others
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Mdrol 53426 Oct.2012
    By Nova1723 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 09:49 AM
  2. M-DROL batch 52707 MAY 2012.
    By supra888 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 06:08 AM
  3. Ordering A Pizza In 2012
    By purebred in forum Politics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-28-2009, 08:08 AM
  4. Letter from 2012 in Obama's America
    By David Dunn in forum Politics
    Replies: 177
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Log in
Log in