What good has Obama done for the U.S.A.?

Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by Conagher View Post
    The problem I have with Bush,Easy,is the whole Iraq charade.Kind of odd that Haliburton reaped all the benefits of no bid contracts from the whole debacle,don`t you think?
    And now with Obama we have a whole Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, Pakistan and more potential wars soon to be in the mix. Haliburton loves Obama.

    Obama is Bush's 3rd term on steroids...an no matter who gets elected (real leaders dont get elected) it will be Bush's 4 term coming soon!
    This message was paid for by the Russians


  2. The end result, we have had horrible leadership for decades. It will not change, as all of the current flock of politicians are bought and paid for. I dont care who wins in 2012, it is all the same. The parties really are no different, and the people in this country are too fat, lazy and happy to make a change. Quite sad really
    Mr. Supps Board Rep
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Been a while..its a not a partisan issue, its just the facts. Companies were bought and sold with cheap money based on the number of hits...which was completely irrelevant to their value. Its the business I am in....companies were completely overvalued based simply off traffic numbers, not profit or revenue. You had a boom in the economy because of the internet and ecommerce, something that didn't exist in the 80's and early 90's....money was easy to get....interest rates were low....money was cheap (something that still existed after the crash). Companies were overvalued....wall street pumped trillions into these companies which as a result hired a LOT of people....then investors started to actually examine profits and actual revenue.....and the house of cards came tumbling down. You actually did have a cut in spending for the first time in forever....its amazing how many people give Clinton credit yet ignore the Nasdaq crash....

    Now take that time period and apply it to the housing boom/bust....which I was in as well. Money was easy to get....prices increased not based on demand, but perception. Wall street pumped trillions into it, backed by the feds (which made it worse) and the same think happened.....when the numbers didn't add up and the reality that housing prices couldn't sustain a 35% annual increase in value, the house of cards fell.


    As you say, believe all that you see...I saw it. If you look at it from political talking points, you simply will get facts interpreted to to fit an agenda. My agenda wasn't political, it was about making money.


    Now you take all of that, you add in a couple million baby boomers retiring, you add a doubling of unemployment, you add increase in government spending overall (because of those same people that are retiring and now collecting) and you get to the state we are in....you can add the war but in reality you spent more in one week 2 years ago than you did in 8 for 2 wars so thats a blip when its come to the amount of debt we're in. You can stop that tomorrow, but you can't stop Social Security and medicare payments nor increase tax revneune from a loss of jobs.

    When all is said and done the prognosis is that we probably should have neer had those jobs to begin with...4-5% unemployment is a myth in todays economy and reality is sinking in.....thats why everyone with a brain that isn't a partisan doesn't expect a return of before because it was all a farce. Only way you do is repeat the cycle again...or reinvent yourself...because the monopoly we had in production with so many industries is gone....to countries with cheaper labor and taxes.
    Oh I fully agree it's not a partisan issue. That's the kind of thinking detracts from the core. Considering you have experience in that sort of thing, I'll take your word for it. (re: the surplus)

    The only real criticism that I have for Obama is that he really hasn't stood up and fought for his ideals. He reminds me of that kid that would try to hang out with a group of kids but was never really accepted, and the only reason the cool kids let him around is to take stuff from him. He's been a huge pushover. Not a huge fan of what he's trying to do overseas either. Certainly doesn't help the debt at all.
    “It's hard to get along with people. As much as you try to like them and accept them as individuals, it becomes difficult because they keep getting out of line and wasting your time.” Henry Rollins
  4. Administrator
    Admin's Avatar

    Cycle of politics. Cater to the base in your primary, shift to center (less critical positions) in the general, get elected, do everything to get reelected even if that means alienating the people that got you there. Rinse, repeat....

    There is a reason the boomers are so cynical.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    The end result, we have had horrible leadership for decades. It will not change, as all of the current flock of politicians are bought and paid for. I dont care who wins in 2012, it is all the same. The parties really are no different, and the people in this country are too fat, lazy and happy to make a change. Quite sad really
    Agreed.I have lost all hope for the future of this country.
    •   
       

  6. Administrator
    Admin's Avatar

    Hope and change!

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Knotch View Post
    Oh I fully agree it's not a partisan issue. That's the kind of thinking detracts from the core. Considering you have experience in that sort of thing, I'll take your word for it. (re: the surplus)

    The only real criticism that I have for Obama is that he really hasn't stood up and fought for his ideals. He reminds me of that kid that would try to hang out with a group of kids but was never really accepted, and the only reason the cool kids let him around is to take stuff from him. He's been a huge pushover. Not a huge fan of what he's trying to do overseas either. Certainly doesn't help the debt at all.
    He did stand up for his ideals though. His only ideals were "do and say whatever I have to so as to get elected president".

  8. Read, be entertained, and hopefully learn a thing or two along the way: http://whatthe****hasobamadonesofar.com/ -- grr... won't let me post w/o editing -- just take out spaces http://www.whatthe f u c k hasobamadonesofar.com And I don't believe this should be edited b/c it's a legitimate URL to a legitimate site, I can't link it w/o profanity.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    He did stand up for his ideals though. His only ideals were "do and say whatever I have to so as to get elected president".
    Hey, its not easy standing and reading a teleprompter at the same time.
    This message was paid for by the Russians
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Obama is Bush's 3rd term on steroids...an no matter who gets elected (real leaders dont get elected) it will be Bush's 4 term coming soon!
    Interesting take on it. I like the analogy.

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    The parties really are no different, and the people in this country are too fat, lazy and happy to make a change. Quite sad really
    Yep. With almost anything anymore, people don't show any initiative.

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Hope and change!
    Yes we can!
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | [email protected] | Inspire to Evolve

  11. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    He did stand up for his ideals though. His only ideals were "do and say whatever I have to so as to get elected president".
    And the Latinos aren't too happy. He's extremely lucky that a republican choice would be worse for them.
    “It's hard to get along with people. As much as you try to like them and accept them as individuals, it becomes difficult because they keep getting out of line and wasting your time.” Henry Rollins
  12. Administrator
    Admin's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Knotch View Post
    And the Latinos aren't too happy. He's extremely lucky that a republican choice would be worse for them.
    Unless you're in Miami...And your name is Rubio.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Knotch View Post
    I tried to read up more on that but could only find Conservative sites making those claims. If you have an idenpendant site please post because if it's true, it's what I want to know. It's not a huge deal because like I said, $200 billion in respect to the federal budget, is chump change. It helps the arguement but certainly doesn't make it.


    And yet another assertion with no talking points. The propaganda machine has worked well these past few years.
    http://www.politifact.com/
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  14. Quote Originally Posted by purebred View Post
    Killing Bin Laden is not a valid response b/c the president did not commit this act himself - it simply occurred during his presidency.

    I don't really keep up with politics but Obama makes me laugh. I recall him saying earlier on during his presidency where he said the depression had been over. LOL idk what country he thought he was presiding over but nothing seems to have improved economically or am I delusional. All Obama does when he speaks anywhere is get into his philosophical rants about how people shouldn't have to choose between prescriptions and putting food on the table, blah, blah, blah.

    He never reveals what he intends to do. That sure wasn't the case during his election campaign. Promises, dreams, candy, and rainbows. He gets elected and I have yet to hear of/see any positive impact he's had on America. He's more of a celebrity icon than a president to me.
    Exactly, when he shows up on T.V. one night wearing a ****ing turbin shouting that this is the end of America and launches a ****ing nuclear bomb on us, then everybody will realize.
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison

  15. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Completely spaced out and forgot about that one, thank you. Added to favorites. It does in a way confirm what I had said though. About $200 billion. I had seen the claims of $5 trillion but it seemed far too convenient and low and behold it was in fact, spin.
    “It's hard to get along with people. As much as you try to like them and accept them as individuals, it becomes difficult because they keep getting out of line and wasting your time.” Henry Rollins

  16. Until Americans are willing to actually give something up nothings getting better. Everyone wants budget cuts until it effects them. Then, not so much.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Knotch View Post
    Completely spaced out and forgot about that one, thank you. Added to favorites. It does in a way confirm what I had said though. About $200 billion. I had seen the claims of $5 trillion but it seemed far too convenient and low and behold it was in fact, spin.
    but again, tell me how there was even a dollar in surplus, if the federal debt went up each year? Other than the surplus being spin entirely.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL

    but again, tell me how there was even a dollar in surplus, if the federal debt went up each year? Other than the surplus being spin entirely.
    There can be a surplus and debt at the same time. The surplus would be calculated based on debt "payments" due. Not on the entire balance.

    Of course, even in times of surplus our "leaders" never choose to retire debt. It's always easier to spend it. Regardless of party.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    There can be a surplus and debt at the same time. The surplus would be calculated based on debt "payments" due. Not on the entire balance.

    Of course, even in times of surplus our "leaders" never choose to retire debt. It's always easier to spend it. Regardless of party.
    No, thats not true. Surplus in any sort of accounting is "Revenue in vs Expenses Out". You can't make a deficit be a surplus by spin. Either you took in more money than you spent, or you didn't.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL

    No, thats not true. Surplus in any sort of accounting is "Revenue in vs Expenses Out". You can't make a deficit be a surplus by spin. Either you took in more money than you spent, or you didn't.
    Exactly, "expenses" though are debt payments due. Not the entire debt balance. By your definition almost every corporation in the world is broke. The "surplus" at the time was defined as a budget surplus not a balance sheet surplus. In the budget year they owed less in debt payments than revenue coming in. The key word here is payments.

    I operate on a monthly surplus as I'm able to put money in savings monthly even though I owe a bank for my mortgage.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Exactly, "expenses" though are debt payments due. Not the entire debt balance. By your definition almost every corporation in the world is broke. The "surplus" at the time was defined as a budget surplus not a balance sheet surplus. In the budget year they owed less in debt payments than revenue coming in. The key word here is payments.

    I operate on a monthly surplus as I'm able to put money in savings monthly even though I owe a bank for my mortgage.
    You are thinking about net worth, not surplus or deficit. Surplus has nothing to do with the debt balance or how much you owe. All it has to do with is how much $ comes in vs how much money goes out. What goes out is things like federal paychecks, military expenses, etc as well as the interest payments on the debt. If more goes out than comes in, its a deficit or (in the private world a loss). If more comes in than goes out its a surplus (or in the private world a profit).

  22. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL

    You are thinking about net worth, not surplus or deficit. Surplus has nothing to do with the debt balance or how much you owe. All it has to do with is how much $ comes in vs how much money goes out. What goes out is things like federal paychecks, military expenses, etc as well as the interest payments on the debt. If more goes out than comes in, its a deficit or (in the private world a loss). If more comes in than goes out its a surplus (or in the private world a profit).
    That's exactly what I just said. Lol I think we agree.

    Either way it has little to do with the topic of the thread.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Until Americans are willing to actually give something up nothings getting better. Everyone wants budget cuts until it effects them. Then, not so much.
    Its a bit more complicated than just budget cuts. There are many policy issues involved along with corporate and political corruption, and unless we fix the core of the problem any budget cut is merely a temporary mask and not a solution.
    This message was paid for by the Russians

  24. Not sure it is relevant in anyway to the discussion,but I get a lol out of it.

    http://youtu.be/nK1Z3RQF_TE

  25. Quote Originally Posted by ax1

    Its a bit more complicated than just budget cuts. There are many policy issues involved along with corporate and political corruption, and unless we fix the core of the problem any budget cut is merely a temporary mask and not a solution.
    I concur!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Obama Win!!!
    By Vtaper in forum Politics
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 11:28 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 01:51 PM
  3. Replies: 153
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 09:15 AM
  4. Something obama is doing I can get behind
    By EasyEJL in forum Politics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 09:34 PM
  5. Obama won...
    By RenegadeRows in forum General Chat
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Log in
Log in