What good has Obama done for the U.S.A.?

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Administrator

Hope and change!

2. Never enough

Quote Originally Posted by Knotch View Post
    Oh I fully agree it's not a partisan issue. That's the kind of thinking detracts from the core. Considering you have experience in that sort of thing, I'll take your word for it. (re: the surplus)

The only real criticism that I have for Obama is that he really hasn't stood up and fought for his ideals. He reminds me of that kid that would try to hang out with a group of kids but was never really accepted, and the only reason the cool kids let him around is to take stuff from him. He's been a huge pushover. Not a huge fan of what he's trying to do overseas either. Certainly doesn't help the debt at all.
    He did stand up for his ideals though. His only ideals were "do and say whatever I have to so as to get elected president".
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
    •   

3. Read, be entertained, and hopefully learn a thing or two along the way: http://whatthe****hasobamadonesofar.com/ -- grr... won't let me post w/o editing -- just take out spaces http://www.whatthe f u c k hasobamadonesofar.com And I don't believe this should be edited b/c it's a legitimate URL to a legitimate site, I can't link it w/o profanity.

4. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    He did stand up for his ideals though. His only ideals were "do and say whatever I have to so as to get elected president".
    Hey, its not easy standing and reading a teleprompter at the same time.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    Obama is Bush's 3rd term on steroids...an no matter who gets elected (real leaders dont get elected) it will be Bush's 4 term coming soon!
    Interesting take on it. I like the analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    The parties really are no different, and the people in this country are too fat, lazy and happy to make a change. Quite sad really
    Yep. With almost anything anymore, people don't show any initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Hope and change!
    Yes we can!
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

6. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    And the Latinos aren't too happy. He's extremely lucky that a republican choice would be worse for them.
    “It's hard to get along with people. As much as you try to like them and accept them as individuals, it becomes difficult because they keep getting out of line and wasting your time.” Henry Rollins
  7. Administrator

And the Latinos aren't too happy. He's extremely lucky that a republican choice would be worse for them.
    Unless you're in Miami...And your name is Rubio.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Knotch View Post
    I tried to read up more on that but could only find Conservative sites making those claims. If you have an idenpendant site please post because if it's true, it's what I want to know. It's not a huge deal because like I said, $200 billion in respect to the federal budget, is chump change. It helps the arguement but certainly doesn't make it.

And yet another assertion with no talking points. The propaganda machine has worked well these past few years.
    http://www.politifact.com/
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

9. Quote Originally Posted by purebred View Post
    Killing Bin Laden is not a valid response b/c the president did not commit this act himself - it simply occurred during his presidency.

I don't really keep up with politics but Obama makes me laugh. I recall him saying earlier on during his presidency where he said the depression had been over. LOL idk what country he thought he was presiding over but nothing seems to have improved economically or am I delusional. All Obama does when he speaks anywhere is get into his philosophical rants about how people shouldn't have to choose between prescriptions and putting food on the table, blah, blah, blah.

He never reveals what he intends to do. That sure wasn't the case during his election campaign. Promises, dreams, candy, and rainbows. He gets elected and I have yet to hear of/see any positive impact he's had on America. He's more of a celebrity icon than a president to me.
    Exactly, when he shows up on T.V. one night wearing a ****ing turbin shouting that this is the end of America and launches a ****ing nuclear bomb on us, then everybody will realize.
    Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.
    -Jim Morrison

10. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Completely spaced out and forgot about that one, thank you. Added to favorites. It does in a way confirm what I had said though. About $200 billion. I had seen the claims of $5 trillion but it seemed far too convenient and low and behold it was in fact, spin.
    “It's hard to get along with people. As much as you try to like them and accept them as individuals, it becomes difficult because they keep getting out of line and wasting your time.” Henry Rollins
    •   

11. Until Americans are willing to actually give something up nothings getting better. Everyone wants budget cuts until it effects them. Then, not so much.
  12. Never enough

Completely spaced out and forgot about that one, thank you. Added to favorites. It does in a way confirm what I had said though. About $200 billion. I had seen the claims of $5 trillion but it seemed far too convenient and low and behold it was in fact, spin.
    but again, tell me how there was even a dollar in surplus, if the federal debt went up each year? Other than the surplus being spin entirely.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

13. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL

but again, tell me how there was even a dollar in surplus, if the federal debt went up each year? Other than the surplus being spin entirely.
    There can be a surplus and debt at the same time. The surplus would be calculated based on debt "payments" due. Not on the entire balance.

Of course, even in times of surplus our "leaders" never choose to retire debt. It's always easier to spend it. Regardless of party.
  14. Never enough

Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    There can be a surplus and debt at the same time. The surplus would be calculated based on debt "payments" due. Not on the entire balance.

Of course, even in times of surplus our "leaders" never choose to retire debt. It's always easier to spend it. Regardless of party.
    No, thats not true. Surplus in any sort of accounting is "Revenue in vs Expenses Out". You can't make a deficit be a surplus by spin. Either you took in more money than you spent, or you didn't.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

15. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL

No, thats not true. Surplus in any sort of accounting is "Revenue in vs Expenses Out". You can't make a deficit be a surplus by spin. Either you took in more money than you spent, or you didn't.
    Exactly, "expenses" though are debt payments due. Not the entire debt balance. By your definition almost every corporation in the world is broke. The "surplus" at the time was defined as a budget surplus not a balance sheet surplus. In the budget year they owed less in debt payments than revenue coming in. The key word here is payments.

I operate on a monthly surplus as I'm able to put money in savings monthly even though I owe a bank for my mortgage.
  16. Never enough

Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Exactly, "expenses" though are debt payments due. Not the entire debt balance. By your definition almost every corporation in the world is broke. The "surplus" at the time was defined as a budget surplus not a balance sheet surplus. In the budget year they owed less in debt payments than revenue coming in. The key word here is payments.

I operate on a monthly surplus as I'm able to put money in savings monthly even though I owe a bank for my mortgage.
    You are thinking about net worth, not surplus or deficit. Surplus has nothing to do with the debt balance or how much you owe. All it has to do with is how much $ comes in vs how much money goes out. What goes out is things like federal paychecks, military expenses, etc as well as the interest payments on the debt. If more goes out than comes in, its a deficit or (in the private world a loss). If more comes in than goes out its a surplus (or in the private world a profit).
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

17. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL

You are thinking about net worth, not surplus or deficit. Surplus has nothing to do with the debt balance or how much you owe. All it has to do with is how much $ comes in vs how much money goes out. What goes out is things like federal paychecks, military expenses, etc as well as the interest payments on the debt. If more goes out than comes in, its a deficit or (in the private world a loss). If more comes in than goes out its a surplus (or in the private world a profit).
    That's exactly what I just said. Lol I think we agree.

Either way it has little to do with the topic of the thread.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Until Americans are willing to actually give something up nothings getting better. Everyone wants budget cuts until it effects them. Then, not so much.
    Its a bit more complicated than just budget cuts. There are many policy issues involved along with corporate and political corruption, and unless we fix the core of the problem any budget cut is merely a temporary mask and not a solution.

19. Not sure it is relevant in anyway to the discussion,but I get a lol out of it.

http://youtu.be/nK1Z3RQF_TE

20. Quote Originally Posted by ax1

Its a bit more complicated than just budget cuts. There are many policy issues involved along with corporate and political corruption, and unless we fix the core of the problem any budget cut is merely a temporary mask and not a solution.
    I concur!

21. I'm pretty much a libertarian so my side never wins but I'll give my two cents:

1. I don't see how anyone can call Obama the worst president in history halfway through his term. Just what are you basing that on exactly? He's been in office two years and he's that horrible? Honestly I think anyone who calls someone the "worst president ever" is probably just being completely ignorant. I was against many things that GWB did (and many of the continued things that Obama did) but it is WAY too early to call someone the worst at something. History has a lot to play out to judge the things that these two men have done....Bush even, let alone Obama.

2. My biggest sadness with Obama is the things he said he would do that he did not: I thought he might change some of the Patriot Act that took away our freedoms, thought he would close Gitmo immediately, thought he would get us out of wars we don't belong in, etc. This has been my biggest sadness with him. I could list many more things he has done that disappointed me. I won't mention some of his spending because I always believed him to be a spender. He didn't really run as someone who didn't believe in government doing more for people.

3. As for good things he has done: Well I do believe our popularity as a nation has went up. Bush was immensely unpopular across a lot of the world and we were seen as idiots. Obama does appeal to a large amount of people overseas for various reasons. I can list others, but I want to get to my main point in the last paragraph.

4. I think on the whole Obama has been scrutinized more than any other president in history. A lot of this has to do (obviously) with his race. Things like the birther argument, etc is just not something any other candidate will probably see. A vast majority of Americans HATED him before he did anything. For instance a house near where I live has been flying their flag at half mast since he was elected...this was before he was even sworn in! The vast majority of people I have ever talked to that say they hate him can't pinpoint a reason or say things like "the economy." Some of these people I know directly are in pretty much the exact same situation as they were in 4 years ago. I think the economy struggling is one of the most overblown tales of our time, but that is for another thread. Half the people who mentionthe economy sucking in threads are doing it from their jobs or homes that are air conditioned while taking a break from playing PS3 or Xbox on their flat screen.

Republicans and Democrats are really the same thing most people just don't want to admit it. Neither side is for small government in the least bit they are just for different forms of big government. They just lie in different ways. Republicans say they are small government, but that's a laugh. Half of them want Christianity taught in schools, gay marriage outlawed, more wars, etc. Democrats will tell lies like they are anti-war and then get into office and don't do anything about the military complex.

Someone who is truly for small government has no chance of getting elected anyways. And if you really think the country would be much better off with John McCain in office than Barack Obama I'd have to stifle a laugh. My biggest complaints with Obama would be the fact that he hasn't been as socially liberal as I expected him to be. The only thing that changes is the lies politicians make to get elected and that will never change. Like Republicans being all against government health care, but expanding the government health care with the prescription drug program. And it will go on this way for eternity I'm afraid. We will put Republicans in power and get sick of what they do and then we will give the Democrats a shot. Then the same thing will happen and so on and so on.

22. To start Ill give my opinion on statement #1. He is a corporate dictator, he is a anti-constitutional lawyer who extended the patriot act, his birth certificate is a proven fraud, he is establishing a executive dictatorship, his entire family was CIA, and he has connection with the CIA since the early 80's, he is a war monster, he is one blood thirsty beast and has more wars than president Bush, he takes credit on events that were fabricated, he says one thing and does the other, etc....

23. obama has done nothing good as far as i can see...

and he likes to try to take credit for things he didnt do.....

IMO, hes filth and only got elected because hes black
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html

24. Quote Originally Posted by seccsi View Post

4. I think on the whole Obama has been scrutinized more than any other president in history. A lot of this has to do (obviously) with his race. Things like the birther argument, etc is just not something any other candidate will probably see. A vast majority of Americans HATED him before he did anything. For instance a house near where I live has been flying their flag at half mast since he was elected...this was before he was even sworn in! The vast majority of people I have ever talked to that say they hate him can't pinpoint a reason or say things like "the economy." Some of these people I know directly are in pretty much the exact same situation as they were in 4 years ago. I think the economy struggling is one of the most overblown tales of our time, but that is for another thread. Half the people who mentionthe economy sucking in threads are doing it from their jobs or homes that are air conditioned while taking a break from playing PS3 or Xbox on their flat screen.
    Although I agree that there are race issues, the man has not provided a legitimate birth certificate and to make things worse he fabricated his birth certificate and released it to the public.

All you have to do is download it directly from the whitehouse and use a photoshop program to split it into multiple layers.

There is much more to it, but the man is an Indonesian citizen.

His Indonesian step father who adopted Barry Soetoro (aka Obama) Lolo Soetoro was multi millionare oil guru, and he helped overthrow the Indonesian government which caused the deaths of some 100,000 Indonesians.

There is much more to his background but this is just for starts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lolo_Soetoro

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indones...nal_Revolution

25. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    To start Ill give my opinion on statement #1. He is a corporate dictator, he is a anti-constitutional lawyer who extended the patriot act, his birth certificate is a proven fraud, he is establishing a executive dictatorship, his entire family was CIA, and he has connection with the CIA since the early 80's, he is a war monster, he is one blood thirsty beast and has more wars than president Bush, he takes credit on events that were fabricated, he says one thing and does the other, etc....
    For the most part you could say almost all of these things about any politician (which was sort of my point). Other than the conspiracy type theories like his birth certificate and family stuff (which I'm not going to get into here just like in your other thread ) though could you not?

George W Bush could be called all of those and based on his record so could have John McCain.

All of those are pretty subjective FWIW, especially at a halfway point in someone's presidency.

I'm going to reiterate that I'm not interested in getting into all the conspiracy theory stuff. I haven't and won't do the research on that. You're a person who is just very different from me in that regard and it's not something I have the energy or passion to debate.

My original point was NOT to defend Obama other than the fact to point out that he is probably just as bad as anything on the other side and nothing more/nothing less. You get the same thing whether you go with D or R, just in slightly different tastes of losing your liberty.

26. Quote Originally Posted by seccsi View Post
    For the most part you could say almost all of these things about any politician (which was sort of my point). Other than the conspiracy type theories like his birth certificate and family stuff (which I'm not going to get into here just like in your other thread ) though could you not?

George W Bush could be called all of those and based on his record so could have John McCain.

All of those are pretty subjective FWIW, especially at a halfway point in someone's presidency.
    I never said Obama is the worst in history, he is just as blood vicious as many of the rest of them.

His birth certificate is not a conspiracy theory, its scientifically fake.

Bush and McCain can rot in hell with Obama some day. They all are the dirtiest, lowliest scum on the planet and they have all so much death and bloodshed on their hands that they have to live with. I dont care what their race is, white, black, that is not the issue, the issue is they are all unconstitutional politicians and murderers.

27. race issues? thats what got him elected in the first place!!!

he got the minority vote, by fooling people to believe he was gunna pay their bills

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html

28. @ Swollen: Some people like Obama because he's black some people dislike him because he's black. I hardly think any student of history would say he only won the Presidency because he was black. I do think a large part of his criticism is race related in the sense that if a white man had had the same presidency as him so far he wouldn't see as much criticism as he has.

29. Quote Originally Posted by seccsi View Post
    @ Swollen: Some people like Obama because he's black some people dislike him because he's black. I hardly think any student of history would say he only won the Presidency because he was black. I do think a large part of his criticism is race related in the sense that if a white man had had the same presidency as him so far he wouldn't see as much criticism as he has.
    I think Obama is actually getting far less criticism than Bush (I on the other hand hate both of the equally.) It seems that more people are accepting of the wars because Obama is better at relaying the propaganda messages to the public, reasoning the Bildeberger group had selected him to win the election.

30. Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    His birth certificate is not a conspiracy theory, its scientifically fake.
    Just for curiosity sake I googled Obama birth certificate scientifically fake, and here is what the top page brought up....here is one of the "bulleted" points for I guess proving it's fakeness.

"Take a copy of Obama’s book The Audacity of Hope. Beginning at page 12 and going through page 297, write down the first letter of the first noun on the fourth sentence of the page. You’ll be stunned at the secret message."

Really?

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama...ertificate.asp

Anyways, (and seriously) I won't respond to any of the conspiracy theory type stuff from here on out. I've done all that in the past and like with the 9/11 thing I find it a huge waste of time. Clearly we can both find many things that lend credence to one side or the other and these have been hashed out on many other forums. I don't want to get into it. I'd rather read your Anabeta log with my time than debate this

Similar Forum Threads

1. Obama Win!!!
    By Vtaper in forum Politics
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 12:28 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 02:51 PM
  3. Replies: 153
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 10:15 AM
  4. Something obama is doing I can get behind
    By EasyEJL in forum Politics
    Replies: 15