Do you know this guy?
- 08-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Anyways the funny thing (funny in a make me vomit my guts out sort of way) is listening to all the current Republicans talk about small gov't, reduced spending, let us run things. A lot of these people are the EXACT same ones who under Bush II started the biggest mistake war in American history (Iraq), bailed out huge companies, sent the American people checks in the mail, etc times a million. It's that hypocrisy (and I do think it's blatant hypocrisy) that infuriates me. They had no problems with any of that and the instant Obama gets in NOW they are some type of deficit warriors? They are just pissed it isn't their side spending just like Democrats are when Republicans are in office. But anyways, I gotta go squat
- 08-10-2011, 12:16 AM
- 08-14-2011, 11:48 PM
Quit voting for lawyers and career politicians and elect some accountants. Accountants are ruthless, and like it or not, they'll make the tough decisions to balance the budget.
Who do you think would be more upset at the accountant, Democrats or Republicans?
08-15-2011, 10:34 PM
08-16-2011, 07:27 AM
There's definitely been some blurry lines there.....Originally Posted by seccsi
08-19-2011, 08:50 AM
09-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Reagan was an actor in a stage constructed from corporate interest and war profiteering. The only difference between then and now is the actor.
03-22-2012, 03:00 PM
04-05-2012, 12:35 PM
10-08-2012, 11:08 AM
10-08-2012, 12:08 PM
State facts. Otherwise you just spout typical left wing crap that is completely unsupported.Originally Posted by ironlonghorn
10-08-2012, 08:18 PM
2. Income Inequality has grown vastly.
3. The government's ability to administer public services effectively were compromised due to his "smaller government" policies.
4. He is responsible for the Free Market Fundamentalism that has strived for "setting the bull loose'.
5. His drug policies is responsible for the large amount of social decay in urban African American policies.
6. He instituted policies in the state of California when he was governor to remove the ability for citizens to open carry weapons in public. This policy was passed specifically to crush to Black Panther for Self Defense movement; a black revolutionary civil rights grouped aimed at policing the arbitrary police forces, as well as improving the livelihoods of the black community, that were brutally beating and killing the African American poor.
7. He cut taxes severally causing a large deficit to form when he left office. His tax cuts for the rich grew the economy, a very fragile, unreliable and unstable bubble economy, but also put a very hard strain on the middle and working class. The lack of taxation also caused many social safety net programs and institutions to fail; students use to go to college for free in California before the Reagan tax cuts were in effect for example.
8. His policies were very harsh towards the working poor, especially blacks.
9. He increased the strength and power of the military-industrial complex that is running up our deficit to this very day with the outrageous increase in defense spending to the detriment of public service spending.
10. He did not care much for the enviroment; he removed the solar panels on top of the white house for example.
11.When Reagan entered office the National debt was $ 1 trillion. When he left it was $3.5 Trillion.
12. Reagan closed down many mental health hospitals; ironically he died of Alzheimer's lol.
10-09-2012, 06:52 AM
you did leave out one. He moved the income and expenses of social security from being accounted for separately to being a part of general federal income/expenses.
10-09-2012, 08:33 AM
5 is **** too. How about you don't do drugs? To blame a law when committing a felony is retarded. Also the law was likely put in place as a deterrent from crack sales, but instead the uneducated massless blame it.
10-09-2012, 08:48 AM
10-09-2012, 09:57 AM
He proposed a law and congress passed it. It is constitutionally allowedOriginally Posted by EasyEJL
10-09-2012, 10:02 AM
10-09-2012, 10:36 AM
You're wrong. I'm not even sure where you are getting this from.Originally Posted by EasyEJL
Reread the constitution and Federal Laws/Codes
10-09-2012, 10:55 AM
10-09-2012, 11:03 AM
You're clueless, they're allowed to. They have many more authorizations: creating court systems as they see fit is a huge one.Originally Posted by EasyEJL
I really don't feel like getting into this but I've taken Constitutional Law 3 times in law school, I assure you they can.
10-09-2012, 11:07 AM
10-09-2012, 11:20 AM
I may be the only one who views it this way (not the first time), but I believe this thread contains a great deal of unsubstantiated and highly selective liberal opinions, some of which may be endemic to those in the early stages of adulthood. Some of the views appear to be the political equivalent of broscience.
10-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Obama did major in constitutional law and still forgot Marbury v Madison when he made his statement that the Supreme Court overruling a president would be unprecedented. The case that you learn in 7th grade and day 1 of con law.Originally Posted by EasyEJL