Feds taking over the internet

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I woulnt worry about it. Just another scare tactic and ruse. If they "take over the internet" it will be as consequential as your local city planner changing the timing of the stop lights during peak traffic hours. JMO

meathed

meathed

Awards
Where in that 185 word excerpt does it show the malicious intent of the megalomaniac Obama administration, to undermine our freedom? I respect your stance, however if you are going to make a claim, you should provide some evidence to substantiate it. The link in your post provides absolutely zero. As I understand the "network neutrality" concept, it ensures equal access and freedom for all users and providers. To assert that the current administration's purpose is to dominate the populous and strip us of all our freedoms is patently a straw man argument imo.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Where in that 185 word excerpt does it show the malicious intent of the megalomaniac Obama administration, to undermine our freedom? I respect your stance, however if you are going to make a claim, you should provide some evidence to substantiate it. The link in your post provides absolutely zero. As I understand the "network neutrality" concept, it ensures equal access and freedom for all users and providers. To assert that the current administration's purpose is to dominate the populous and strip us of all our freedoms is patently a straw man argument imo.
What happened to this board?

Kali K

Awards
So if I get this right,,, if I have "Comcast" for internet etc...and the FCC controls their broadcasts. Then Comcast (and all internet providers) will be forced to limit their content AND once again I, an American, am having MY CONSTRUCTIONAL RIGHTS TAKEN AWAY??!! TV-Internet-Phone??!! And I Pay for this!?

meathed

meathed

Awards
The key words are "net neutrality and fcc". The above site is was I was given. This site will explain net neutrality and what the FCC has to do with it. A little more reseach will show you that Obama's administration is behind it. Watch the video too.

http://www.savetheinternet.com/blog/10/12/17/house-reps-take-stand-real-net-neutrality
So the video was more rhetoric but the piece written elucidated some intelligent arguments. I still don't read anywhere, the idea of net neutrality being bad for consumers. If anything it is stating that the legislation as it is written is not comprehensive enough. A fair argument, however not the red herring net neutrality is supposedly creating.

So if I get this right,,, if I have "Comcast" for internet etc...and the FCC controls their broadcasts. Then Comcast (and all internet providers) will be forced to limit their content AND once again I, an American, am having MY CONSTRUCTIONAL RIGHTS TAKEN AWAY??!! TV-Internet-Phone??!! And I Pay for this!?
No worries Kali. You can construct whatever your heart desires in the wake of net neutrality. The labor market will remain free from harm.

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
Here's what worries me about net neutrality; It's a little convoluted and difficult for me to explain, so try to bear with me! Alright, here it goes:

The FCC has no "leg to stand on" so to speak as far as the internet is concerned (according to a supreme court ruling). See the following link for more info: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36193558/ns/technology_and_science-security/

Now, since the Supreme court ruled against the FCC, now the FCC is doing what it can to get AROUND the ruling of the Supreme court ("shades of gray" I suppose), which I don't much care for. Also, when you think about it, one of two things will happen with this law. Either EVERYBODY'S prices will go up, or EVERYBODY'S bandwidth will go down, and here's why. You can either give access to 20 people, and throttle bandwidth from one person to the other depending on usage (which maximizes bandwidth for everybody), OR, you can have 20 people who all get dial-up speeds (whether they are using them or not). The reason being is, as things are now, if someone's computer is off, their bandwidth is being routed to your computer if you need it. If that ends, everybody will have to sacrifice bandwidth. Now, here's the "conspiracy" part of my theory!

Nothing that ever happens in this country happens quickly or overnight. There is always "stepping" stones toward a final goal. So I ask myself, is this net neutrality thing REALLY necessary? Is the internet broken? Why are we fixing it? What is the END GOAL? Then you hear about the FCC pushing media regulations, which would effectively silence Fox News and other radio/television broadcasts, which leaves me wondering WHO makes the decision as far as who's speech is offensive/racist/whatever. It scares me that a government official has that kind of power. I see this bill as nothing more than a power grab, because once the FCC gets their foot in the door for internet regulation, and people accept it, then they'll put their head in....Then their arm....Next thing you know, they're regulating EVERYTHING, and people are left asking, "How did this happen?" like they are doing now for everything. So I guess it comes down to, are you willing to trust the government with your free speech, even after congressmen/fcc/others have stated their opposition to certain media outlets. Just my .02!
--Brian

Adrian0

Awards
This should be protested , as if not now than it will bring up far going consequences in the coming years .

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
This should be protested , as if not now than it will bring up far going consequences in the coming years .
Conservatives don't have time for protesting, what with all the time spent working and all...