I hate how each party chooses "beliefs"

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
For example, I am a hardcore fiscal and social conservative, yet I am also a hardcore atheist.

For some reason the public seems to think that a republican is automatically one of the "religious right".

Yet a republican forum hears I'm atheist and suddenly I'm a RINO or infiltrator.

The damn political factions seemed to have had some middle school dodgeball team picking moment that no one knows about.....

Democrats: we'll take....(scans around).....gay rights

Rebublicans: OK...we'll take....religious freedoms.....

Democrats: Well, them we will take environmental protection

Republican: We want gun rights!!!!!

and it is like whatever one team picked, the other team is automatically against.

No wonder it's easier to just identify yourself as a libertarian!!!!
:soapbox:

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Well theoretically they represent their constituents. The vast majority believe in GOD and separation of the Church and state. Moreover, the vast majority don’t want excessive gun control. Basically they say and do what is necessary to get re-elected.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is why a two party system is ineffective. For example, I am a Liberal/Athiest and will own a gun when i get around to homeownership.

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
Dude, I completely agree with you! I, too, am a hardcore conservative (Catholic), and I think marijuana should be legal! Also, I agree that religion/lack there of should not factor into anything political. Many Republicans have a hard time placing people like us into a certain category, and so they dislike us! Keep on trucking, I say!
--Brian

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude, I completely agree with you! I, too, am a hardcore conservative, but I think marijuana should be legal! Republicans aren't so big on that idea!
--Brian
True republicans are not against marijuana legalization. I havn't spoken to one that is against it that doesnt come off as a wingnut. The reason is the amount of money politicians receive from the alcohol industry, tobacco industry, big pharma, etc.. and the republicans paranoia with pissing off the church.

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
I think its funny that none of these issues actually effect our lives. Abortion? They're never going to be able to get rid of it. If they do people will just go into doing it in the black market, which isn't exactly safe.

The weed thing in california was set up so dumb. I forget the actual wording of it but its like they didn't want it to have a chance of passing.

but yes, the 2 political party system is dumb. I'm actually annoyed with politics in general. It seems no matter what they do they always try to ear mark dumb things into every law. Like for example, the patriot act had a provision in it that limits the amount of money you're allowed to move around in online gambling.

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
True republicans are not against marijuana legalization. I havn't spoken to one that is against it that doesnt come off as a wingnut. The reason is the amount of money politicians receive from the alcohol industry, tobacco industry, big pharma, etc.. and the republicans paranoia with pissing off the church.
As I understand things, therein lies the problem! The Republican party doesn't have very many TRUE Republicans left! Which is why Libertarians exist! I don't even recognize Republicans right now. Since I tend to think on my own and make my own decisions, the Republican party is NOT kind to me; Neither party encourages that kind of behavior!!! LOL!

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
I think its funny that none of these issues actually effect our lives. Abortion? They're never going to be able to get rid of it. If they do people will just go into doing it in the black market, which isn't exactly safe.

The weed thing in california was set up so dumb. I forget the actual wording of it but its like they didn't want it to have a chance of passing.

but yes, the 2 political party system is dumb. I'm actually annoyed with politics in general. It seems no matter what they do they always try to ear mark dumb things into every law. Like for example, the patriot act had a provision in it that limits the amount of money you're allowed to move around in online gambling.
There were so many organizations (republican and democrat) that actually came out against our weed legalization deal, it really had no chance of passing! I always thought California was HUGE on artists, and artists tend to be liberals, and artists are big on weed, I figured there was a correlation there between weed and liberal ideals. But I was wrong! Luckily weed here is as legal as it can be without actually being legal!

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
As I understand things, therein lies the problem! The Republican party doesn't have very many TRUE Republicans left! Which is why Libertarians exist! I don't even recognize Republicans right now. Since I tend to think on my own and make my own decisions, the Republican party is NOT kind to me; Neither party encourages that kind of behavior!!! LOL!
They have been inundated with RINO's...Republican's In Name Only.

Despite my religious beliefs (or lack of), I guarantee I am more conservative than a majority of the politicians.

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established

Despite my religious beliefs (or lack of), I guarantee I am more conservative than a majority of the politicians.
Very true Big Rob!

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I am sure you are as well. In all honesty, I have alot of clashes with the Republican party (just as most of you would with democrats), but I despise the enforced moral agenda that religious affiliation influences on republican politicians. You can't claim to be for small government, but want the government enforcing a moral code. God dammit I need to stop posting in politics threads, now i'm angry and not going to the gym for hours yet.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I am sure you are as well. In all honesty, I have alot of clashes with the Republican party (just as most of you would with democrats), but I despise the enforced moral agenda that religious affiliation influences on republican politicians. You can't claim to be for small government, but want the government enforcing a moral code. God dammit I need to stop posting in politics threads, now i'm angry and not going to the gym for hours yet.
Agreed, affiliation with the religious right will foster the end of their popularity. Consequently, intelligent Republicans are keeping their distance. Religion and politics, simply do not mix and are not conducive to Freedom and Liberty. Ask any average citizen of a theocracy, provided they arent afraid of being beheaded, tortured, imprisoned for life, or having their relatives executed in front of them, they will tell you, religion and politics do not mix. Dont kid yourselves, the religious right would do all that and more, if they come to power. Remember, Hitler murdered over 6 million people, because they were not Christians. The American religious right, has a similar agenda, in which they impose martial law, ie. government sponsored lynchings and executions on vast numbers of citizens simultaneously, they refer to it as "Armageddon"

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
Agreed, affiliation with the religious right will foster the end of their popularity. Consequently, intelligent Republicans are keeping their distance. Religion and politics, simply do not mix and are not conducive to Freedom and Liberty. Ask any average citizen of a theocracy, provided they arent afraid of being beheaded, tortured, imprisoned for life, or having their relatives executed in front of them, they will tell you, religion and politics do not mix. Dont kid yourselves, the religious right would do all that and more, if they come to power. Remember, Hitler murdered over 6 million people, because they were not Christians. The American religious right, has a similar agenda, in which they impose martial law, ie. government sponsored lynchings and executions on vast numbers of citizens simultaneously, they refer to it as "Armageddon"
You, sir, are out of your ****ing mind. I am a Catholic, conservative Republican, and all I want is to be left alone to me and my family, with as little government intrusion as possible. I don't CARE what ANYBODY else does or believes, nor do I want to support them or their families. It is of no consequence to me how/if they live, but I would NEVER agree with ending their life. Anybody that thinks otherwise is absolutely insane. And comparing us to Hitler, really? That's just childish make-believe.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For example, I am a hardcore fiscal and social conservative, yet I am also a hardcore atheist.

For some reason the public seems to think that a republican is automatically one of the "religious right".

Yet a republican forum hears I'm atheist and suddenly I'm a RINO or infiltrator.

The damn political factions seemed to have had some middle school dodgeball team picking moment that no one knows about.....

Democrats: we'll take....(scans around).....gay rights

Rebublicans: OK...we'll take....religious freedoms.....

Democrats: Well, them we will take environmental protection

Republican: We want gun rights!!!!!

and it is like whatever one team picked, the other team is automatically against.

No wonder it's easier to just identify yourself as a libertarian!!!!
:soapbox:
I just had this conversation with my cousin this week. I was telling him how I don't talk a lot of politics with people b/c I seem to piss everybody off, lol. My conservative friends think I'm liberal and my liberal friends think I'm conservative :thinking:

I think I piss everybody off b/c most of them have no idea of what they are talking about and get most of their facts from one source or word of mouth only :nono:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL.

Who doesn't, the sheeple? ;)

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
You, sir, are out of your ****ing mind. I am a Catholic, conservative Republican, and all I want is to be left alone to me and my family, with as little government intrusion as possible. I don't CARE what ANYBODY else does or believes, nor do I want to support them or their families. It is of no consequence to me how/if they live, but I would NEVER agree with ending their life. Anybody that thinks otherwise is absolutely insane. And comparing us to Hitler, really? That's just childish make-believe.
UH... remember the Oklahoma city bombings, ever hear of the turner diaries and the people who read them. The FBI did an extensive investigation regarding this, everything I stated can be confirmed.I know you think its anecdotal, but its real! Its alarming!

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Nobody likes a person that forms their own opinion.
Yes, they are called, "Remarkable Individuals" fortunately America has millions of them, they think for themselves and refuse to herd like sheep.

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
UH... remember the Oklahoma city bombings, ever hear of the turner diaries and the people who read them. The FBI did an extensive investigation regarding this, everything I stated can be confirmed.I know you think its anecdotal, but its real! Its alarming!
So, let me get this straight. Every crime commited by a Republican is indicative of the values all Republicans hold? And no, I have never heard of the Turner Diaries, but you have. I'm a Republican, you're a liberal. So, by that logic, I guess liberals are the "people who read them" as you refer to them, as long as one person represents a whole party, as you say is the case.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
So, let me get this straight. Every crime commited by a Republican is indicative of the values all Republicans hold? And no, I have never heard of the Turner Diaries, but you have. I'm a Republican, you're a liberal. So, by that logic, I guess liberals are the "people who read them" as you refer to them, as long as one person represents a whole party, as you say is the case.
I simply cant discuss this with someone that doesnt have a concept of what Im talking about. I consider you fortunate to not be in realisation of what has actually transpired and what could potentially transpire regarding a political religious collective. Did you read about the beating of a disabled, lesbian woman at a recent "Tea party" gathering? She was assaulted, then stomped by religious right party members for demonstrating against them. She, like you, had no concept of what these people are capable of. Religious right equals the fourth reich. Please feel free to label me, and accuse me of reading seditious books, all in the name of your obvious lack of information. Its my fault you dont know about these things. Right?

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
You operate on the belief that people are machines, and only do what the larger organization wants, which shines through in your political views. Here's a question for ya. The majority of people in prison are minorities. Are all minorites criminals? That's basically what you said. There was some violence at a tea party, so ALL tea partiers are violent?!? It just doesn't make sense in any kind of logical way, unless you're LOOKING for a talking point to back-up your hatred for others with differing politcal views. You can't win on principle, so you resort to saying things that can't be refuted without a lame "no I'm not" response. Kinda like saying Republicans are like Hitler. How does one refute that? That's called poisoning the well, and it's a sign that you already lost the debate. And, have you heard about all the tea partiers that have had cameras smashed in their faces, face stomped, beaten, verbally harassed/assaulted, voter intimidation, etc. Violence goes both ways. Oh, by the way, the K.K.K. was started by the democrats, so which party has a longer history of violence and racism? There are bad eggs on both sides, I would never say any liberal was a racist, even though the party has roots in racism.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Its okay, perhaps my communication skills are lacking. Im going to ask for a refund on my college education. Its brought more problems than benefits. I endeavor to be courteous and compassionate with others no matter what their socioeconomic/political/race/religion/health/age status is. I would like you to know, then, that I am not what you are attempting to portray me as and that your presuppositions and accusations are indicative of the devices used by authoritarian demagogues everywhere to impose their will and total control of oppresed people worldwide. Thank you for making it very clear to me where you stand and good-day.

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
You operate on the belief that people are machines, and only do what the larger organization wants, which shines through in your political views. Here's a question for ya. The majority of people in prison are minorities. Are all minorites criminals? That's basically what you said. There was some violence at a tea party, so ALL tea partiers are violent?!? It just doesn't make sense in any kind of logical way, unless you're LOOKING for a talking point to back-up your hatred for others with differing politcal views. You can't win on principle, so you resort to saying things that can't be refuted without a lame "no I'm not" response. Kinda like saying Republicans are like Hitler. How does one refute that? That's called poisoning the well, and it's a sign that you already lost the debate. And, have you heard about all the tea partiers that have had cameras smashed in their faces, face stomped, beaten, verbally harassed/assaulted, voter intimidation, etc. Violence goes both ways. Oh, by the way, the K.K.K. was started by the democrats, so which party has a longer history of violence and racism? There are bad eggs on both sides, I would never say any liberal was a racist, even though the party has roots in racism.
Democrats and Republicans have switched roles when it comes to race. Abe Lincoln was a republican. The party that existed around the time of the KKK founding is drastically different than the one that exists now.

Dumb people of all political leanings are a problem. The party lines that differentiate themselves along issues like abortion and gun control exist b/c of uninformed voters.

I'm a registered republican, I think like a liberal but I'm politically apathetic. I think both parties are ****ing up

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
I see what you're saying 2k1s, but I don't agree with you about switching places. Just because liberals are not racist anymore (although I believe they are more racist than Republicans due to affirmative action, but that's another topic), does not mean Republicans took that role. Nowhere does it say anything about Republicans being racist, except in liberal media. All we want is to keep what we earn, and not have to support leeches on society. We don't want to pay for little Johnny to go to college, simply because his mom is on welfare and won't get a job to help her own family, and little Johnny isn't willing to work for it either (I joined the military so I could go to college)! So now I get to pay for little Johnny, little Johnny's mom, little Johnny's education, their food, shelter, healthcare, welfare, etc. etc. What the HELL does little Johnny's family contribute to society? Nothing (except making the lines longer cause they're paying with food stamps). And yet everybody wants to take from me (and people like me as contributors to society) to give to the leeches that won't work. I used to sell "goods" before I joined the military (I know, I should've let the government make my life better, instead of taking steps to make my OWN life better--Oh wait, I'm a single white male, the government isn't out to help people like ME! They want to encourage us to work, so they can take more money from me), and guess where the majority of these products were sold. Go ahead, guess! Guess what days. Guess who paid for those goods. See where I'm going with this. Now if little Johnny's mom CAN'T work (legitimately), I have NO problem helping her (or anybody else for that matter). But for you to TAKE it from me, is called stealing, no matter what your intentions are with the money. That's what Republicans believe.

Last edited:
diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
Its okay, perhaps my communication skills are lacking. Im going to ask for a refund on my college education. Its brought more problems than benefits. I endeavor to be courteous and compassionate with others no matter what their socioeconomic/political/race/religion/health/age status is. I would like you to know, then, that I am not what you are attempting to portray me as and that your presuppositions and accusations are indicative of the devices used by authoritarian demagogues everywhere to impose their will and total control of oppresed people worldwide. Thank you for making it very clear to me where you stand and good-day.
Which "pre-suppositions" and "accusations" are you referring to? Funny you mention being courteous and compassionate with others, and then say Republicans are like Hitler and want to kill everybody that doesn't agree with them! And, the only people oppressing ANYBODY are liberals with tax rates. When you make it more lucrative to sit at home and do nothing, people will do that. When you target minorities for that "privelege", you are now making minorities dependent on the government (selectively), meaning they will never achieve the American dream. And all for an extra vote. Short of murder, I can't think of a worse kind of hate.

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
Its more than just race. Ideologically they have also switched on various points. There have been several paradigm shifts in the last 200 years.

Either way being liberal now and being liberal then are two totally different things.

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
Good point; Ideologically we have shifted quite a bit. I just wanted to point out that racism is not merely limited to one political party.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I see what you're saying 2k1s, but I don't agree with you about switching places. Just because liberals are not racist anymore (although I believe they are more racist than Republicans due to affirmative action, but that's another topic), does not mean Republicans took that role. Nowhere does it say anything about Republicans being racist, except in liberal media. All we want is to keep what we earn, and not have to support leeches on society. We don't want to pay for little Johnny to go to college (because his mom is on welfare and won't get a job to help her own family, and little Johnny isn't willing to work for it either). So now I get to pay for little Johnny, little Johnny's mom, little Johnny's education, their food, shelter, healthcare, welfare, etc. etc. What the HELL does little Johnny's family contribute to society? Nothing. And yet everybody wants to take from me (and people like me as contributors to society) to give to the leeches that won't work. I used to sell "goods" before I joined the military (there I go again, taking steps to make my OWN life better), and guess where the majority of these products were sold. Go ahead, guess! Guess what days. Guess who paid for those goods. See where I'm going with this. Now if little Johnny's mom CAN'T work (legitimately), I have NO problem helping her (or anybody else for that matter). But for you to TAKE it from me, is called stealing, no matter what your intentions are with the money. That's what Republicans believe.
Fortunately you have no idea what its like to be homeless, or work 40 hrs a week to take home $200 bucks on pay day. The people you feel you "support" are living on next to nothing, in squalid, almost third world conditions. These people grow up anticipating that; they will be accused of a crime they didnt commit, that they will do hard narcotics, that they will go to prison, that they will not get a good education or job. Hardly motivating factors to exceed in any type of upwardly mobile endeavors. I want you to know how lucky you really are and I wish you well. Good day!

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to say this is really fun! I love debating, and I can't think of a better group of people to do it with than this group! Hopefully no feelings are getting hurt, as I have no hard feelings myself. Carry on!
--Brian

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
I don't think the republican party is racist per se. Their policies just don't translate well into socio-economic terms. Which does come off as racist.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
John Locke, anybody?

EDIT: WTH, Somebody deleted a post as I was replying to it, lol...

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
Fortunately you have no idea what its like to be homeless, or work 40 hrs a week to take home $200 bucks on pay day. The people you feel you "support" are living on next to nothing, in squalid, almost third world conditions. These people grow up anticipating that; they will be accused of a crime they didnt commit, that they will do hard narcotics, that they will go to prison, that they will not get a good education or job. Hardly motivating factors to exceed in any type of upwardly mobile endeavors. I want you to know how lucky you really are and I wish you well. Good day!
Alright, first of all, I grew up in the projects. Which is why I was selling to the projects. Second of all, are you implying I've never held a minimum wage job? Because I have. And you wanna talk work, how about deploying to a warzone, and working 90 hours a week, in a 125 degree sandstorm, fixing aircraft on a flightline. It's called life son, people need to get used to it. Good education=good job, and the education part is up to them. The problem is they have no ROLE MODELS. You know, people with jobs, loving parents, etc. etc. Say thank you government. "Thanks Gubmant! Now where's my check?" They usually do end up dead, in prison, or doing drugs. You wanna know why? There are two ways to succeed in life. Right or wrong. Get an education (at least graduate high school) and a job for a living, join a gang and sell drugs for a living, or be a junkie living on welfare. I've was born in Phoenix with 5 people (sometimes 6) in a 2 room home. Guess what! I'm doing MUCH better, because I took some initiative. The military is ALWAYS hiring.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Which "pre-suppositions" and "accusations" are you referring to? Funny you mention being courteous and compassionate with others, and then say Republicans are like Hitler and want to kill everybody that doesn't agree with them! And, the only people oppressing ANYBODY are liberals with tax rates. When you make it more lucrative to sit at home and do nothing, people will do that. When you target minorities for that "privelege", you are now making minorities dependent on the government (selectively), meaning they will never achieve the American dream. And all for an extra vote. Short of murder, I can't think of a worse kind of hate.
You have absolutely no concept of what you're talking about. You have twisted everything I said out of context and missed whatever points Im trying to communicate to you. I hope you feel better soon, and Good day!

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
I don't think the republican party is racist per se. Their policies just don't translate well into socio-economic terms. Which does come off as racist.
I agree that our values don't translate well into socio-economic terms, but that's only because our government has gotten people so addicted to government handouts, that if/when those handouts cease, they will have NO idea how to survive on their own. That's only racist if you believe that only minorities would be affected. On the contrary, only poor minorities are allowed assistance for the most part, thus, all the attention. Hell, illegal immigrants can get medical and tuition assistance! Thanks taxpayers!

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Alright, first of all, I grew up in the projects. Which is why I was selling to the projects. Second of all, are you implying I've never held a minimum wage job? Because I have. And you wanna talk work, how about deploying to a warzone, and working 90 hours a week, in a 125 degree sandstorm, fixing aircraft on a flightline. It's called life son, people need to get used to it. Good education=good job, and the education part is up to them. The problem is they have no ROLE MODELS. You know, people with jobs, loving parents, etc. etc. Say thank you government. "Thanks Gubmant! Now where's my check?" They usually do end up dead, in prison, or doing drugs. You wanna know why? There are two ways to succeed in life. Right or wrong. Get an education (at least graduate high school) and a job for a living, join a gang and sell drugs for a living, or be a junkie living on welfare. I've was born in Phoenix with 5 people (sometimes 6) in a 2 room home. Guess what! I'm doing MUCH better, because I took some initiative. The military is ALWAYS hiring.
Thanks for serving and verifying that you have been indoctrinated and trained in menticide. I recognise your anger and hostil;ity. I need to tell you then, it wears off and you will return to normal. Think about it now as you are typing.

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
I can honestly say that is the first time I've seen the word menticide. I guess it's true, you do learn something new everyday. Too bad that was it.

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
I agree that our values don't translate well into socio-economic terms, but that's only because our government has gotten people so addicted to government handouts, that if/when those handouts cease, they will have NO idea how to survive on their own. That's only racist if you believe that only minorities would be affected. On the contrary, only poor minorities are allowed assistance for the most part, thus, all the attention. Hell, illegal immigrants can get medical and tuition assistance! Thanks taxpayers!
I hate the term illegal immigrant. its not like they robbed a bank. they came to a country looking for opportunity, and if they had more money they would be trying to do it legally. I have a japanese grandmother that came to the states to live with my parents after my grandpa died. I think my parents spent an exorbitant amount of money paying lawyers to expedite the process, and even that took 6 months.

If you analyze wealth in this country, an overwhelming amount of it is concentrated in white people. I don't have a solution to the problem. I do think making the divide between the poor and rich is a problem that needs to be fixed. The only conservative thought I have economically is that social security is stupid and they need to find a way to get rid of it.

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
I hate the term illegal immigrant. its not like they robbed a bank. they came to a country looking for opportunity, and if they had more money they would be trying to do it legally. I have a japanese grandmother that came to the states to live with my parents after my grandpa died. I think my parents spent an exorbitant amount of money paying lawyers to expedite the process, and even that took 6 months.

If you analyze wealth in this country, an overwhelming amount of it is concentrated in white people. I don't have a solution to the problem. I do think making the divide between the poor and rich is a problem that needs to be fixed. The only conservative thought I have economically is that social security is stupid and they need to find a way to get rid of it.
I still don't understand why Americans are so caught up with how much money someone else has! If you want more money, GET IT! That's always been what's great about this country; the only person saying you can't is yourself! And the reason they're called illegal immigrants is because they are here ILLEGALLY! I ordinarily wouldn't care, except that by them coming here legally, they are documented, thus ensuring terrorists/axe murderers/gang members/militias are not allowed entrance. Gotta watch those axe murderers, ya know!!! But seriously, since they are not legal, they don't pay any taxes, but yet they are a HUGE burden on the system (seriously, go to an E.R. and tell me how many potential illegals you see). The problem is, they go to the E.R. for ear aches (because the docs have to treat them at the E.R.), and then they don't pay their bill.... WE do when WE go to the E.R. for serious problems (after waiting in line for hours behind the guys with the ear aches).

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
How old are you? Is that a smurf in your avatar?

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
I'll be 25 in January (probably easier to look at my stats than ask, but oh well), and yes, that's a smurf! I suppose now you're going to criticize my avatar...?!? Before you do, I just have one thing to say...Smurfs are cool!

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I can honestly say that is the first time I've seen the word menticide. I guess it's true, you do learn something new everyday. Too bad that was it.
I would like you to know, then, that you are probably, now, at the limit of what you can learn. Because, once you assume the rigidity of absolute conservatism, it limits the scope of intellect. Hopefully thinking kindly, and being compassionate towards others will restore your mind/soul.

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I'll go with that. Care to elaborate? That's a pretty generic rebuttal there! Specifically, how is the "rigidity of absolute conservatism" (which is weird because I think if I had to worry about political correctness all the time, that would be more "rigid", but I digress) in any way a limit on intellect. My father works for Lockheed Martin as an Electrical Engineer (Bachelor's degree), my brother is an Electrical Technician for Rite-Aid (Associate's degree), my mother is an Accountant (Bachelor's degree), and I'm working towards a Bachelor's degree in Computer Programming, and yet, we're ALL conservatives! I'd say we're pretty intellectual. You really need to stop making blanket statements, they're really making you look stupid. Oh, by the way, this is where you type up a response, pull out a thesaurus, and swap a couple words with bigger words to make you seem like the GENIUS you think you are. I sincerely hope the next response you give has something (ANYTHING) substantive in it that actually makes someone think, because these "hopefully thinking kindly" comments aren't really saying a whole lot, and your time would probably be better off masturbating. God knows mine would.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Evidently, I really found a scotoma, (blind spot) in your model of reality. Bruised, fragile ego's are quick to identify and attack any intrusion into its damaged integrity. It doesnt take a genius to deduce that, some one with your IQ could. Let the healing feeling begin....

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
How does something intrude into a damaged integrity? I wasn't aware the word "integrity" could be used in that grammatical fashion. I suppose I'm going to have to just accept that I am not as educated as you are. Either way, it has become apparent that this conversation is HOPELESSLY beyond salvation, so I am going to have to exit now. Good talking to ya.