I hate how each party chooses "beliefs" - AnabolicMinds.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

I hate how each party chooses "beliefs"

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.

Angry I hate how each party chooses "beliefs"

For example, I am a hardcore fiscal and social conservative, yet I am also a hardcore atheist.

For some reason the public seems to think that a republican is automatically one of the "religious right".

Yet a republican forum hears I'm atheist and suddenly I'm a RINO or infiltrator.

The damn political factions seemed to have had some middle school dodgeball team picking moment that no one knows about.....

Democrats: we'll take....(scans around).....gay rights

Rebublicans: OK...we'll take....religious freedoms.....

Democrats: Well, them we will take environmental protection

Republican: We want gun rights!!!!!

and it is like whatever one team picked, the other team is automatically against.

No wonder it's easier to just identify yourself as a libertarian!!!!

2. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.

Well theoretically they represent their constituents. The vast majority believe in GOD and separation of the Church and state. Moreover, the vast majority donít want excessive gun control. Basically they say and do what is necessary to get re-elected.

•   

3. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

This is why a two party system is ineffective. For example, I am a Liberal/Athiest and will own a gun when i get around to homeownership.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.

Dude, I completely agree with you! I, too, am a hardcore conservative (Catholic), and I think marijuana should be legal! Also, I agree that religion/lack there of should not factor into anything political. Many Republicans have a hard time placing people like us into a certain category, and so they dislike us! Keep on trucking, I say!
    --Brian

5. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by diablosho View Post
    Dude, I completely agree with you! I, too, am a hardcore conservative, but I think marijuana should be legal! Republicans aren't so big on that idea!
    --Brian
    True republicans are not against marijuana legalization. I havn't spoken to one that is against it that doesnt come off as a wingnut. The reason is the amount of money politicians receive from the alcohol industry, tobacco industry, big pharma, etc.. and the republicans paranoia with pissing off the church.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:

6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

I think its funny that none of these issues actually effect our lives. Abortion? They're never going to be able to get rid of it. If they do people will just go into doing it in the black market, which isn't exactly safe.

The weed thing in california was set up so dumb. I forget the actual wording of it but its like they didn't want it to have a chance of passing.

but yes, the 2 political party system is dumb. I'm actually annoyed with politics in general. It seems no matter what they do they always try to ear mark dumb things into every law. Like for example, the patriot act had a provision in it that limits the amount of money you're allowed to move around in online gambling.
    Comic Sans makes me feel gangsta

7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    True republicans are not against marijuana legalization. I havn't spoken to one that is against it that doesnt come off as a wingnut. The reason is the amount of money politicians receive from the alcohol industry, tobacco industry, big pharma, etc.. and the republicans paranoia with pissing off the church.
    As I understand things, therein lies the problem! The Republican party doesn't have very many TRUE Republicans left! Which is why Libertarians exist! I don't even recognize Republicans right now. Since I tend to think on my own and make my own decisions, the Republican party is NOT kind to me; Neither party encourages that kind of behavior!!! LOL!

8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1s View Post
    I think its funny that none of these issues actually effect our lives. Abortion? They're never going to be able to get rid of it. If they do people will just go into doing it in the black market, which isn't exactly safe.

The weed thing in california was set up so dumb. I forget the actual wording of it but its like they didn't want it to have a chance of passing.

but yes, the 2 political party system is dumb. I'm actually annoyed with politics in general. It seems no matter what they do they always try to ear mark dumb things into every law. Like for example, the patriot act had a provision in it that limits the amount of money you're allowed to move around in online gambling.
    There were so many organizations (republican and democrat) that actually came out against our weed legalization deal, it really had no chance of passing! I always thought California was HUGE on artists, and artists tend to be liberals, and artists are big on weed, I figured there was a correlation there between weed and liberal ideals. But I was wrong! Luckily weed here is as legal as it can be without actually being legal!

9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.

As I understand things, therein lies the problem! The Republican party doesn't have very many TRUE Republicans left! Which is why Libertarians exist! I don't even recognize Republicans right now. Since I tend to think on my own and make my own decisions, the Republican party is NOT kind to me; Neither party encourages that kind of behavior!!! LOL!
    They have been inundated with RINO's...Republican's In Name Only.

Despite my religious beliefs (or lack of), I guarantee I am more conservative than a majority of the politicians.

10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrobbierob View Post

Despite my religious beliefs (or lack of), I guarantee I am more conservative than a majority of the politicians.
    Very true Big Rob!

11. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

I am sure you are as well. In all honesty, I have alot of clashes with the Republican party (just as most of you would with democrats), but I despise the enforced moral agenda that religious affiliation influences on republican politicians. You can't claim to be for small government, but want the government enforcing a moral code. God dammit I need to stop posting in politics threads, now i'm angry and not going to the gym for hours yet.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:

12. Registered User
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    I am sure you are as well. In all honesty, I have alot of clashes with the Republican party (just as most of you would with democrats), but I despise the enforced moral agenda that religious affiliation influences on republican politicians. You can't claim to be for small government, but want the government enforcing a moral code. God dammit I need to stop posting in politics threads, now i'm angry and not going to the gym for hours yet.
    Agreed, affiliation with the religious right will foster the end of their popularity. Consequently, intelligent Republicans are keeping their distance. Religion and politics, simply do not mix and are not conducive to Freedom and Liberty. Ask any average citizen of a theocracy, provided they arent afraid of being beheaded, tortured, imprisoned for life, or having their relatives executed in front of them, they will tell you, religion and politics do not mix. Dont kid yourselves, the religious right would do all that and more, if they come to power. Remember, Hitler murdered over 6 million people, because they were not Christians. The American religious right, has a similar agenda, in which they impose martial law, ie. government sponsored lynchings and executions on vast numbers of citizens simultaneously, they refer to it as "Armageddon"

13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Knowbull View Post
    Agreed, affiliation with the religious right will foster the end of their popularity. Consequently, intelligent Republicans are keeping their distance. Religion and politics, simply do not mix and are not conducive to Freedom and Liberty. Ask any average citizen of a theocracy, provided they arent afraid of being beheaded, tortured, imprisoned for life, or having their relatives executed in front of them, they will tell you, religion and politics do not mix. Dont kid yourselves, the religious right would do all that and more, if they come to power. Remember, Hitler murdered over 6 million people, because they were not Christians. The American religious right, has a similar agenda, in which they impose martial law, ie. government sponsored lynchings and executions on vast numbers of citizens simultaneously, they refer to it as "Armageddon"
    You, sir, are out of your ****ing mind. I am a Catholic, conservative Republican, and all I want is to be left alone to me and my family, with as little government intrusion as possible. I don't CARE what ANYBODY else does or believes, nor do I want to support them or their families. It is of no consequence to me how/if they live, but I would NEVER agree with ending their life. Anybody that thinks otherwise is absolutely insane. And comparing us to Hitler, really? That's just childish make-believe.

14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

For example, I am a hardcore fiscal and social conservative, yet I am also a hardcore atheist.

For some reason the public seems to think that a republican is automatically one of the "religious right".

Yet a republican forum hears I'm atheist and suddenly I'm a RINO or infiltrator.

The damn political factions seemed to have had some middle school dodgeball team picking moment that no one knows about.....

Democrats: we'll take....(scans around).....gay rights

Rebublicans: OK...we'll take....religious freedoms.....

Democrats: Well, them we will take environmental protection

Republican: We want gun rights!!!!!

and it is like whatever one team picked, the other team is automatically against.

No wonder it's easier to just identify yourself as a libertarian!!!!
    I just had this conversation with my cousin this week. I was telling him how I don't talk a lot of politics with people b/c I seem to piss everybody off, lol. My conservative friends think I'm liberal and my liberal friends think I'm conservative

I think I piss everybody off b/c most of them have no idea of what they are talking about and get most of their facts from one source or word of mouth only

15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.

Nobody likes a person that forms their own opinion.

16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

LOL.

Who doesn't, the sheeple?

17. Registered User
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.

You, sir, are out of your ****ing mind. I am a Catholic, conservative Republican, and all I want is to be left alone to me and my family, with as little government intrusion as possible. I don't CARE what ANYBODY else does or believes, nor do I want to support them or their families. It is of no consequence to me how/if they live, but I would NEVER agree with ending their life. Anybody that thinks otherwise is absolutely insane. And comparing us to Hitler, really? That's just childish make-believe.
    UH... remember the Oklahoma city bombings, ever hear of the turner diaries and the people who read them. The FBI did an extensive investigation regarding this, everything I stated can be confirmed.I know you think its anecdotal, but its real! Its alarming!

18. Registered User
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.

Nobody likes a person that forms their own opinion.
    Yes, they are called, "Remarkable Individuals" fortunately America has millions of them, they think for themselves and refuse to herd like sheep.

19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Knowbull View Post
    UH... remember the Oklahoma city bombings, ever hear of the turner diaries and the people who read them. The FBI did an extensive investigation regarding this, everything I stated can be confirmed.I know you think its anecdotal, but its real! Its alarming!
    So, let me get this straight. Every crime commited by a Republican is indicative of the values all Republicans hold? And no, I have never heard of the Turner Diaries, but you have. I'm a Republican, you're a liberal. So, by that logic, I guess liberals are the "people who read them" as you refer to them, as long as one person represents a whole party, as you say is the case.

20. Registered User
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    LOL.

Who doesn't, the sheeple?
    Sheeple peeple?

•   

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 04:31 PM