I hate how each party chooses "beliefs" - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

I hate how each party chooses "beliefs"

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by diablosho View Post
    I agree that our values don't translate well into socio-economic terms, but that's only because our government has gotten people so addicted to government handouts, that if/when those handouts cease, they will have NO idea how to survive on their own. That's only racist if you believe that only minorities would be affected. On the contrary, only poor minorities are allowed assistance for the most part, thus, all the attention. Hell, illegal immigrants can get medical and tuition assistance! Thanks taxpayers!
    I hate the term illegal immigrant. its not like they robbed a bank. they came to a country looking for opportunity, and if they had more money they would be trying to do it legally. I have a japanese grandmother that came to the states to live with my parents after my grandpa died. I think my parents spent an exorbitant amount of money paying lawyers to expedite the process, and even that took 6 months.

If you analyze wealth in this country, an overwhelming amount of it is concentrated in white people. I don't have a solution to the problem. I do think making the divide between the poor and rich is a problem that needs to be fixed. The only conservative thought I have economically is that social security is stupid and they need to find a way to get rid of it.
    Comic Sans makes me feel gangsta

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k1s View Post
    I hate the term illegal immigrant. its not like they robbed a bank. they came to a country looking for opportunity, and if they had more money they would be trying to do it legally. I have a japanese grandmother that came to the states to live with my parents after my grandpa died. I think my parents spent an exorbitant amount of money paying lawyers to expedite the process, and even that took 6 months.

If you analyze wealth in this country, an overwhelming amount of it is concentrated in white people. I don't have a solution to the problem. I do think making the divide between the poor and rich is a problem that needs to be fixed. The only conservative thought I have economically is that social security is stupid and they need to find a way to get rid of it.
    I still don't understand why Americans are so caught up with how much money someone else has! If you want more money, GET IT! That's always been what's great about this country; the only person saying you can't is yourself! And the reason they're called illegal immigrants is because they are here ILLEGALLY! I ordinarily wouldn't care, except that by them coming here legally, they are documented, thus ensuring terrorists/axe murderers/gang members/militias are not allowed entrance. Gotta watch those axe murderers, ya know!!! But seriously, since they are not legal, they don't pay any taxes, but yet they are a HUGE burden on the system (seriously, go to an E.R. and tell me how many potential illegals you see). The problem is, they go to the E.R. for ear aches (because the docs have to treat them at the E.R.), and then they don't pay their bill.... WE do when WE go to the E.R. for serious problems (after waiting in line for hours behind the guys with the ear aches).
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.

How old are you? Is that a smurf in your avatar?
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.

I'll be 25 in January (probably easier to look at my stats than ask, but oh well), and yes, that's a smurf! I suppose now you're going to criticize my avatar...?!? Before you do, I just have one thing to say...Smurfs are cool!
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by diablosho View Post
    I can honestly say that is the first time I've seen the word menticide. I guess it's true, you do learn something new everyday. Too bad that was it.
    I would like you to know, then, that you are probably, now, at the limit of what you can learn. Because, once you assume the rigidity of absolute conservatism, it limits the scope of intellect. Hopefully thinking kindly, and being compassionate towards others will restore your mind/soul.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.

Alright, I'll go with that. Care to elaborate? That's a pretty generic rebuttal there! Specifically, how is the "rigidity of absolute conservatism" (which is weird because I think if I had to worry about political correctness all the time, that would be more "rigid", but I digress) in any way a limit on intellect. My father works for Lockheed Martin as an Electrical Engineer (Bachelor's degree), my brother is an Electrical Technician for Rite-Aid (Associate's degree), my mother is an Accountant (Bachelor's degree), and I'm working towards a Bachelor's degree in Computer Programming, and yet, we're ALL conservatives! I'd say we're pretty intellectual. You really need to stop making blanket statements, they're really making you look stupid. Oh, by the way, this is where you type up a response, pull out a thesaurus, and swap a couple words with bigger words to make you seem like the GENIUS you think you are. I sincerely hope the next response you give has something (ANYTHING) substantive in it that actually makes someone think, because these "hopefully thinking kindly" comments aren't really saying a whole lot, and your time would probably be better off masturbating. God knows mine would.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.

Evidently, I really found a scotoma, (blind spot) in your model of reality. Bruised, fragile ego's are quick to identify and attack any intrusion into its damaged integrity. It doesnt take a genius to deduce that, some one with your IQ could. Let the healing feeling begin....
  8. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You two should date. I smell bromance.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.

How does something intrude into a damaged integrity? I wasn't aware the word "integrity" could be used in that grammatical fashion. I suppose I'm going to have to just accept that I am not as educated as you are. Either way, it has become apparent that this conversation is HOPELESSLY beyond salvation, so I am going to have to exit now. Good talking to ya.
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    You two should date. I smell bromance.
    awkward........LOL!
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Knowbull View Post
    Did you read about the beating of a disabled, lesbian woman at a recent "Tea party" gathering? She was assaulted, then stomped by religious right party members for demonstrating against them.
    I will admit I have no idea what you are talking about. Links to the story please.
  12. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

True republicans are not against marijuana legalization. I havn't spoken to one that is against it that doesnt come off as a wingnut. The reason is the amount of money politicians receive from the alcohol industry, tobacco industry, big pharma, etc.. and the republicans paranoia with pissing off the church.
    HAHAHA-THE REPUBLICANS ARE PRO-BUSINESS. they are afraid legal pot will lower productivity in the work place.
  13. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    HAHAHA-THE REPUBLICANS ARE PRO-BUSINESS. they are afraid legal pot will lower productivity in the work place.
    Then they should be anti-medication as well. I can name quite a few medications that are Rx'd quite frequently that would significantly effect work performance.

I would bring up that they should be against alcohol as well, but most anti-legalization types quickly counter with how easy it is to detect alcohol as compared to pot. Quite frankly, this is a boring counter argument. If someone is high enough that they effect performance, you can usually tell they are high, along with smell, and pupil dillation/red-eyes.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  14. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Then they should be anti-medication as well. I can name quite a few medications that are Rx'd quite frequently that would significantly effect work performance.

I would bring up that they should be against alcohol as well, but most anti-legalization types quickly counter with how easy it is to detect alcohol as compared to pot. Quite frankly, this is a boring counter argument. If someone is high enough that they effect performance, you can usually tell they are high, along with smell, and pupil dillation/red-eyes.
    but- if they are high there is no test to tell how long it's been since they lit up.

c'mon, hts you really think big money republicans want another drug added to the list. look at how hard they test for drug/alcohol use. they think the american worker is not worth their pay already, legalizing pot would just give them another reason to ship our jobs away.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'5"  163 lbs.

And blisters on the underside of the tongue, according the cop that gave me my DUI. That's what made here arrest me (and a broken taillight). I'll NEVER DUI again, I'll tell you that much (I was 19 then, and I'll be 25 next month, and life STILL isn't back to normal yet)!
  16. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

but- if they are high there is no test to tell how long it's been since they lit up.

c'mon, hts you really think big money republicans want another drug added to the list. look at how hard they test for drug/alcohol use. they think the american worker is not worth their pay already, legalizing pot would just give them another reason to ship our jobs away.
    I understand the concern they have, i disagree with the legitimacy of it. I also don't allow corporations to decide my rights based on their interests, unfortunately that is our country, One Nation, Under Corporations. Honestly, with the demand that would arrise, a method of instantly testing peak concentrations of THC in blood would quickly be developed.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  17. Diamond Member

I understand the concern they have, i disagree with the legitimacy of it. I also don't allow corporations to decide my rights based on their interests, unfortunately that is our country, One Nation, Under Corporations. Honestly, with the demand that would arrise, a method of instantly testing peak concentrations of THC in blood would quickly be developed.
    for business's the name of the game is control-the more they lose control the more tempted they are to export jobs to places where they set the rules.

those who control the jobs, make the rules.

hey, i don't like it either. it really sucks. i remember when everyone used to bitch about their job-now all i hear is [be glad you have a job]. company's are getting away with murder, because the government is afraid if they don't give business their way they will pack up and leave.

to me there are much bigger things at play here than f'ing pot. the multi national i work for has just started a policy of hiring temps, they don't have to give them benefits-plus there are no limitations or restrictions on how long they can keep them temp. my union is having a cow over this.
  18. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

for business's the name of the game is control-the more they lose control the more tempted they are to export jobs to places where they set the rules.

those who control the jobs, make the rules.

hey, i don't like it either. it really sucks. i remember when everyone used to bitch about their job-now all i hear is [be glad you have a job]. company's are getting away with murder, because the government is afraid if they don't give business their way they will pack up and leave.

to me there are much bigger things at play here than f'ing pot. the multi national i work for has just started a policy of hiring temps, they don't have to give them benefits-plus there are no limitations or restrictions on how long they can keep them temp. my union is having a cow over this.
    Well see, I don't want to swing this back to politics since we have been talking generally, but that is one of the things that bothers me about the republican party. It is a party for the blue collar folk, the true Americans, the plumber joes. Yet, it is a party that continually strives for less and less regulation, allowing these corporations to run wild. Yet a significant number of blue collar Americans still vote red every four years. Look I don't think Democrats are perfect, I hate them too, just not as much as the republicans (and I am speaking about politicians, I don't hate any of you for your views). I do agree it is more than weed, hell it is more than the work force, it is the common denominator that corporations throw money at politicians, and in turn the politicians fight for corporate rights, even at the expense of the people.

Welcome to the united snakes
    Land of the thief, home of the slave
    Grand imperial guard where
    the dollar is sacred and proud

-Brother Ali (Hip Hop Artist)
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  19. Diamond Member

Well see, I don't want to swing this back to politics since we have been talking generally, but that is one of the things that bothers me about the republican party. It is a party for the blue collar folk, the true Americans, the plumber joes. Yet, it is a party that continually strives for less and less regulation, allowing these corporations to run wild. Yet a significant number of blue collar Americans still vote red every four years. Look I don't think Democrats are perfect, I hate them too, just not as much as the republicans (and I am speaking about politicians, I don't hate any of you for your views). I do agree it is more than weed, hell it is more than the work force, it is the common denominator that corporations throw money at politicians, and in turn the politicians fight for corporate rights, even at the expense of the people.

Welcome to the united snakes
    Land of the thief, home of the slave
    Grand imperial guard where
    the dollar is sacred and proud

-Brother Ali (Hip Hop Artist)
    damn, i really think we are on the same page. i used to be a die hard republican for their stance on social issues. but now it appears they are really out to get the working man. it has become obvious [to me anyways] that the republican party is out to screw the little guy in favor of the rich. how the hell a working man can vote republican is a real mystery to me.
  20. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

damn, i really think we are on the same page. i used to be a die hard republican for their stance on social issues. but now it appears they are really out to get the working man. it has become obvious [to me anyways] that the republican party is out to screw the little guy in favor of the rich. how the hell a working man can vote republican is a real mystery to me.
    We definitely are on the same page. There are many things that a "true" republican stands for that I can side with, but to think the party is what it projects itself as, makes you want to turn a page on the book...
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

^Just wanted to re stress this point as a reminder to myself.
    I'm following same advice; however, I'm chomping at the bit here.
  22. Diamond Member

We definitely are on the same page. There are many things that a "true" republican stands for that I can side with, but to think the party is what it projects itself as, makes you want to turn a page on the book...
    makes me want to close the book altogether.
  23. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

makes me want to close the book altogether.
    Indeed.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 05:31 PM
  2. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 11:32 PM
  3. Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 02:11 PM
  4. Replies: 260