I hate how each party chooses "beliefs"

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Knowbull View Post
    Its okay, perhaps my communication skills are lacking. Im going to ask for a refund on my college education. Its brought more problems than benefits. I endeavor to be courteous and compassionate with others no matter what their socioeconomic/political/race/religion/health/age status is. I would like you to know, then, that I am not what you are attempting to portray me as and that your presuppositions and accusations are indicative of the devices used by authoritarian demagogues everywhere to impose their will and total control of oppresed people worldwide. Thank you for making it very clear to me where you stand and good-day.
    Which "pre-suppositions" and "accusations" are you referring to? Funny you mention being courteous and compassionate with others, and then say Republicans are like Hitler and want to kill everybody that doesn't agree with them! And, the only people oppressing ANYBODY are liberals with tax rates. When you make it more lucrative to sit at home and do nothing, people will do that. When you target minorities for that "privelege", you are now making minorities dependent on the government (selectively), meaning they will never achieve the American dream. And all for an extra vote. Short of murder, I can't think of a worse kind of hate.

2. Its more than just race. Ideologically they have also switched on various points. There have been several paradigm shifts in the last 200 years.

Either way being liberal now and being liberal then are two totally different things.
    Comic Sans makes me feel gangsta
    •   

3. Good point; Ideologically we have shifted quite a bit. I just wanted to point out that racism is not merely limited to one political party.

4. Quote Originally Posted by diablosho View Post
    I see what you're saying 2k1s, but I don't agree with you about switching places. Just because liberals are not racist anymore (although I believe they are more racist than Republicans due to affirmative action, but that's another topic), does not mean Republicans took that role. Nowhere does it say anything about Republicans being racist, except in liberal media. All we want is to keep what we earn, and not have to support leeches on society. We don't want to pay for little Johnny to go to college (because his mom is on welfare and won't get a job to help her own family, and little Johnny isn't willing to work for it either). So now I get to pay for little Johnny, little Johnny's mom, little Johnny's education, their food, shelter, healthcare, welfare, etc. etc. What the HELL does little Johnny's family contribute to society? Nothing. And yet everybody wants to take from me (and people like me as contributors to society) to give to the leeches that won't work. I used to sell "goods" before I joined the military (there I go again, taking steps to make my OWN life better), and guess where the majority of these products were sold. Go ahead, guess! Guess what days. Guess who paid for those goods. See where I'm going with this. Now if little Johnny's mom CAN'T work (legitimately), I have NO problem helping her (or anybody else for that matter). But for you to TAKE it from me, is called stealing, no matter what your intentions are with the money. That's what Republicans believe.
    Fortunately you have no idea what its like to be homeless, or work 40 hrs a week to take home $200 bucks on pay day. The people you feel you "support" are living on next to nothing, in squalid, almost third world conditions. These people grow up anticipating that; they will be accused of a crime they didnt commit, that they will do hard narcotics, that they will go to prison, that they will not get a good education or job. Hardly motivating factors to exceed in any type of upwardly mobile endeavors. I want you to know how lucky you really are and I wish you well. Good day!

5. Just wanted to say this is really fun! I love debating, and I can't think of a better group of people to do it with than this group! Hopefully no feelings are getting hurt, as I have no hard feelings myself. Carry on!
    --Brian
    •   

6. I don't think the republican party is racist per se. Their policies just don't translate well into socio-economic terms. Which does come off as racist.

7. John Locke, anybody?

EDIT: WTH, Somebody deleted a post as I was replying to it, lol...

8. Quote Originally Posted by Knowbull View Post
    Fortunately you have no idea what its like to be homeless, or work 40 hrs a week to take home $200 bucks on pay day. The people you feel you "support" are living on next to nothing, in squalid, almost third world conditions. These people grow up anticipating that; they will be accused of a crime they didnt commit, that they will do hard narcotics, that they will go to prison, that they will not get a good education or job. Hardly motivating factors to exceed in any type of upwardly mobile endeavors. I want you to know how lucky you really are and I wish you well. Good day!
    Alright, first of all, I grew up in the projects. Which is why I was selling to the projects. Second of all, are you implying I've never held a minimum wage job? Because I have. And you wanna talk work, how about deploying to a warzone, and working 90 hours a week, in a 125 degree sandstorm, fixing aircraft on a flightline. It's called life son, people need to get used to it. Good education=good job, and the education part is up to them. The problem is they have no ROLE MODELS. You know, people with jobs, loving parents, etc. etc. Say thank you government. "Thanks Gubmant! Now where's my check?" They usually do end up dead, in prison, or doing drugs. You wanna know why? There are two ways to succeed in life. Right or wrong. Get an education (at least graduate high school) and a job for a living, join a gang and sell drugs for a living, or be a junkie living on welfare. I've was born in Phoenix with 5 people (sometimes 6) in a 2 room home. Guess what! I'm doing MUCH better, because I took some initiative. The military is ALWAYS hiring.

9. Quote Originally Posted by diablosho View Post
    Which "pre-suppositions" and "accusations" are you referring to? Funny you mention being courteous and compassionate with others, and then say Republicans are like Hitler and want to kill everybody that doesn't agree with them! And, the only people oppressing ANYBODY are liberals with tax rates. When you make it more lucrative to sit at home and do nothing, people will do that. When you target minorities for that "privelege", you are now making minorities dependent on the government (selectively), meaning they will never achieve the American dream. And all for an extra vote. Short of murder, I can't think of a worse kind of hate.
    You have absolutely no concept of what you're talking about. You have twisted everything I said out of context and missed whatever points Im trying to communicate to you. I hope you feel better soon, and Good day!

10. Quote Originally Posted by 2k1s View Post
    I don't think the republican party is racist per se. Their policies just don't translate well into socio-economic terms. Which does come off as racist.
    I agree that our values don't translate well into socio-economic terms, but that's only because our government has gotten people so addicted to government handouts, that if/when those handouts cease, they will have NO idea how to survive on their own. That's only racist if you believe that only minorities would be affected. On the contrary, only poor minorities are allowed assistance for the most part, thus, all the attention. Hell, illegal immigrants can get medical and tuition assistance! Thanks taxpayers!

11. Quote Originally Posted by diablosho View Post
    Alright, first of all, I grew up in the projects. Which is why I was selling to the projects. Second of all, are you implying I've never held a minimum wage job? Because I have. And you wanna talk work, how about deploying to a warzone, and working 90 hours a week, in a 125 degree sandstorm, fixing aircraft on a flightline. It's called life son, people need to get used to it. Good education=good job, and the education part is up to them. The problem is they have no ROLE MODELS. You know, people with jobs, loving parents, etc. etc. Say thank you government. "Thanks Gubmant! Now where's my check?" They usually do end up dead, in prison, or doing drugs. You wanna know why? There are two ways to succeed in life. Right or wrong. Get an education (at least graduate high school) and a job for a living, join a gang and sell drugs for a living, or be a junkie living on welfare. I've was born in Phoenix with 5 people (sometimes 6) in a 2 room home. Guess what! I'm doing MUCH better, because I took some initiative. The military is ALWAYS hiring.
    Thanks for serving and verifying that you have been indoctrinated and trained in menticide. I recognise your anger and hostil;ity. I need to tell you then, it wears off and you will return to normal. Think about it now as you are typing.

12. I can honestly say that is the first time I've seen the word menticide. I guess it's true, you do learn something new everyday. Too bad that was it.

13. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    God dammit I need to stop posting in politics threads
    ^Just wanted to re stress this point as a reminder to myself.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

14. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Yup

15. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    That made me giggle! Hope you're doing well today Doctor!

16. Quote Originally Posted by diablosho View Post
    I agree that our values don't translate well into socio-economic terms, but that's only because our government has gotten people so addicted to government handouts, that if/when those handouts cease, they will have NO idea how to survive on their own. That's only racist if you believe that only minorities would be affected. On the contrary, only poor minorities are allowed assistance for the most part, thus, all the attention. Hell, illegal immigrants can get medical and tuition assistance! Thanks taxpayers!
    I hate the term illegal immigrant. its not like they robbed a bank. they came to a country looking for opportunity, and if they had more money they would be trying to do it legally. I have a japanese grandmother that came to the states to live with my parents after my grandpa died. I think my parents spent an exorbitant amount of money paying lawyers to expedite the process, and even that took 6 months.

If you analyze wealth in this country, an overwhelming amount of it is concentrated in white people. I don't have a solution to the problem. I do think making the divide between the poor and rich is a problem that needs to be fixed. The only conservative thought I have economically is that social security is stupid and they need to find a way to get rid of it.

17. Quote Originally Posted by 2k1s View Post
    I hate the term illegal immigrant. its not like they robbed a bank. they came to a country looking for opportunity, and if they had more money they would be trying to do it legally. I have a japanese grandmother that came to the states to live with my parents after my grandpa died. I think my parents spent an exorbitant amount of money paying lawyers to expedite the process, and even that took 6 months.

If you analyze wealth in this country, an overwhelming amount of it is concentrated in white people. I don't have a solution to the problem. I do think making the divide between the poor and rich is a problem that needs to be fixed. The only conservative thought I have economically is that social security is stupid and they need to find a way to get rid of it.
    I still don't understand why Americans are so caught up with how much money someone else has! If you want more money, GET IT! That's always been what's great about this country; the only person saying you can't is yourself! And the reason they're called illegal immigrants is because they are here ILLEGALLY! I ordinarily wouldn't care, except that by them coming here legally, they are documented, thus ensuring terrorists/axe murderers/gang members/militias are not allowed entrance. Gotta watch those axe murderers, ya know!!! But seriously, since they are not legal, they don't pay any taxes, but yet they are a HUGE burden on the system (seriously, go to an E.R. and tell me how many potential illegals you see). The problem is, they go to the E.R. for ear aches (because the docs have to treat them at the E.R.), and then they don't pay their bill.... WE do when WE go to the E.R. for serious problems (after waiting in line for hours behind the guys with the ear aches).

18. How old are you? Is that a smurf in your avatar?

19. I'll be 25 in January (probably easier to look at my stats than ask, but oh well), and yes, that's a smurf! I suppose now you're going to criticize my avatar...?!? Before you do, I just have one thing to say...Smurfs are cool!

20. Quote Originally Posted by diablosho View Post
    I can honestly say that is the first time I've seen the word menticide. I guess it's true, you do learn something new everyday. Too bad that was it.
    I would like you to know, then, that you are probably, now, at the limit of what you can learn. Because, once you assume the rigidity of absolute conservatism, it limits the scope of intellect. Hopefully thinking kindly, and being compassionate towards others will restore your mind/soul.

21. Alright, I'll go with that. Care to elaborate? That's a pretty generic rebuttal there! Specifically, how is the "rigidity of absolute conservatism" (which is weird because I think if I had to worry about political correctness all the time, that would be more "rigid", but I digress) in any way a limit on intellect. My father works for Lockheed Martin as an Electrical Engineer (Bachelor's degree), my brother is an Electrical Technician for Rite-Aid (Associate's degree), my mother is an Accountant (Bachelor's degree), and I'm working towards a Bachelor's degree in Computer Programming, and yet, we're ALL conservatives! I'd say we're pretty intellectual. You really need to stop making blanket statements, they're really making you look stupid. Oh, by the way, this is where you type up a response, pull out a thesaurus, and swap a couple words with bigger words to make you seem like the GENIUS you think you are. I sincerely hope the next response you give has something (ANYTHING) substantive in it that actually makes someone think, because these "hopefully thinking kindly" comments aren't really saying a whole lot, and your time would probably be better off masturbating. God knows mine would.

22. Evidently, I really found a scotoma, (blind spot) in your model of reality. Bruised, fragile ego's are quick to identify and attack any intrusion into its damaged integrity. It doesnt take a genius to deduce that, some one with your IQ could. Let the healing feeling begin....

23. You two should date. I smell bromance.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

24. How does something intrude into a damaged integrity? I wasn't aware the word "integrity" could be used in that grammatical fashion. I suppose I'm going to have to just accept that I am not as educated as you are. Either way, it has become apparent that this conversation is HOPELESSLY beyond salvation, so I am going to have to exit now. Good talking to ya.

25. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    You two should date. I smell bromance.
    awkward........LOL!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 05:31 PM
  2. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 11:32 PM
  3. Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 02:11 PM
  4. Replies: 260