F@#% CALIFORNIA - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

F@#% CALIFORNIA

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by diablosho View Post
    I agree with closing tax loopholes. Everybody needs to pay their taxes. And I agree, GE should definitely pay taxes. But then again, they lobbied so hard that the CEO of GE is now the head of the Presidential Council on Jobs and Competitiveness! Apparently only conservatives are required to pay taxes in this administration. The liberals are the ones that have given GE every single tax break, and yet you never hear of any liberal attacking GE for not paying taxes. But then a BIG BUSINESS comes along like Boeing, or Twitter, who simpyl want a tax cut (but they're still paying taxes), and the libs come unglued. It's all propaganda, it's all politcs, and it's all bull****. I think we probably agree on many things (except the green energy BS). But taxing corporations are not the answer, because the customers are the ones that pay the corporations, who then in turn pay the taxes. So, in effect, taxing the corporations is taxing the people. Case in point: They keep raising taxes on cigarettes, and who ends up paying those taxes? Same thing with fuel. They raise the taxes on gasoline, and who ends up paying? The business WILL pass those costs on to the consumer, and when they are no longer able to, they WILL lay off employees. A business cannot be expected to take a loss without a fight (God knows I wouldn't if I worked hard to own a business), and when forced into the red, they WILL close shop. Then where would the economy be?
    Well said. Certainly walking into GE or Walmart and raising their taxes wouldn't help those who are employed by them trying to support a family making peanuts is not the right idea. And it is baffling how Obama is appointing certain people who are arguably getting away with financial murder (wall street bankers, GE etc). I would have to go with the Democrats (not incl Allen Grayson) as apposed to all liberals though are the ones who are hypocritical when it comes to special interest groups (those in government). I'm not leaving out the Republicans either, its just that they say as they do and do as they say unlike Dems. Obama promised change and kept most of Bush's cabinet in high level positions. Thats not the change I voted for.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Well there appears to have been some sort of deal made when Obama had those closed door meetings about his healthcare bill, because all of the sudden he's selling out his promise to let states regulate their marijuana laws. Some pharmaceutical company is getting their wish (if I had to guess).
    F*** Obama and F*** CA if we stand by and let this happen.

"Feds escalate efforts to close California pot shops
    The moves come as a surprise to owners of medical marijuana dispensaries. 'It's a complete about-face' of Obama's promise not to target users of medical pot in states that allow it, one group's attorney says.

Medical marijuana plants are tended at a dispensary in West Hollywood. (Genaro Molina / Los Angeles Times)
    October 07, 2011|By John Hoeffel, Los Angeles Times
    Federal prosecutors are threatening to shut down medical marijuana dispensaries throughout California, sending letters that warn landlords to stop sales of the drug within 45 days or face the possibility that their property will be seized and they will be charged with a crime.

The stepped-up enforcement escalates the Obama administration's efforts to rein in the spread of pot stores, which accelerated after the attorney general announced in 2009 that federal prosecutors would not target people using medical marijuana in states that allow it."

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/oct...kdown-20111007

"
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Berkeley, California
    By dave12 in forum Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 11:31 AM
  2. What can $100K or less buy you in California?
    By kwyckemynd00 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-10-2008, 04:55 PM
  3. California
    By Boss_K in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-24-2004, 02:45 AM
  4. ()*&@#$ California and 4ad
    By Jcc in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 08:35 PM