Question for Obama sparks Web buzz

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Question for Obama sparks Web buzz


    The Buzz Log - Town Hall Exchange Sparks Big Buzz - Yahoo! Buzz

    So who else is tired of defending him?

    PS
    Mr. O, I don't think she asked anything funny, why did you laugh at her?


  2. I'm not tired of defending him, because I knew he was a sack of crap from the day he showed up in congress. Anyone who wins their first political seat (in the Illinois state senate) by waiting until the day after people are able to enter the race to systematically use legal maneuvers to disqualify all of his opponents is essentially dishonest and disingenous.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by bmcjames View Post
    The Buzz Log - Town Hall Exchange Sparks Big Buzz - Yahoo! Buzz

    So who else is tired of defending him?

    PS
    Mr. O, I don't think she asked anything funny, why did you laugh at her?
    I'm not tired of defending him.I hate hearing people cry and moan about this and that.Level minded people are smart enough to know he isn't going to fix things in his first term(granted he gets a second term of course) there's simply too many things wrong in order for him to do that.He was the lesser of the evils in the race he isn't perfect but the rest of the people running would have made things ALOT worse imo.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by mich29 View Post
    I'm not tired of defending him.I hate hearing people cry and moan about this and that.Level minded people are smart enough to know he isn't going to fix things in his first term(granted he gets a second term of course) there's simply too many things wrong in order for him to do that.He was the lesser of the evils in the race he isn't perfect but the rest of the people running would have made things ALOT worse imo.
    If he would have simply done nothing in office, we would be better off.
    The Historic PES Legend

  5. this is the problem imo. He might have been the lesser of 2 evils, but that goes to show how awful our choices are now. There is no prospective leadership in this country. It is all corrupt
    Mr. Supps Board Rep
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    this is the problem imo. He might have been the lesser of 2 evils, but that goes to show how awful our choices are now. There is no prospective leadership in this country. It is all corrupt
    Amen... of course I disagree of which one was lesser.

    Lets just hope "Man of the Year" really happens!
    The Historic PES Legend

  7. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    this is the problem imo. He might have been the lesser of 2 evils, but that goes to show how awful our choices are now. There is no prospective leadership in this country. It is all corrupt
    I dunno, Chris Christie in NJ looks pretty good honestly.

  8. Better yet.. how about Stephen Colbert... he was sponsored in the last race by Dorito's!
    The Historic PES Legend

  9. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I dunno, Chris Christie in NJ looks pretty good honestly.
    I definitely agree... but you just said that to the man who would rape his dog given the chance!
    The Historic PES Legend

  10. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I dunno, Chris Christie in NJ looks pretty good honestly.
    that just shows you arent near NJ
    Mr. Supps Board Rep

  11. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Amen... of course I disagree of which one was lesser.

    Lets just hope "Man of the Year" really happens!
    Robin Williams for president
    Mr. Supps Board Rep

  12. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    There is no prospective leadership in this country. It is all corrupt
    this is the biggest problem you have people high in power that are dirty, you have to fix things from the top and work your way down.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by mich29 View Post
    this is the biggest problem you have people high in power that are dirty, you have to fix things from the top and work your way down.
    agreed, not to sound all "ZeroV" but thi is an enormous problem that can be fixed through a revolution. (Thomas Jefferson would be proud)
    Mr. Supps Board Rep

  14. Quote Originally Posted by mich29 View Post
    this is the biggest problem you have people high in power that are dirty, you have to fix things from the top and work your way down.
    That is completely impossible to do. You have to start at the lowest level and trickle up to fix things. A real statesman will never be elected directly to president.
    The Historic PES Legend

  15. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    agreed, not to sound all "ZeroV" but thi is an enormous problem that can be fixed through a revolution. (Thomas Jefferson would be proud)
    May not have liked many of the things Zero said.. but he was dead on when it came to some things.

    remember though... it will not be televised.
    The Historic PES Legend

  16. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    that just shows you arent near NJ
    No, but I grew up there till I was 21, and know the sort of liberal nonsense that generally dominates the state.

    Also, somehow when Obama does something that the majority of the public is against you'd call it him "doing the right thing no matter what", but when Christie balanced the NJ budget its somehow wrong? Deficit spending can't go on indefinitely, and unions are no less a special interest group than any other special interest group. Whether teachers union, toll workers union, AFL-CIO, etc. They each have their own axes to grind, and are special interest groups.

  17. Christie talks big, but has no procedural know-how. He recently cost the state 400 million in federal funding for our educational system. Seeing as you grew up there (as did I), you realize how important this money is/was.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Urban Monk View Post
    Christie talks big, but has no procedural know-how. He recently cost the state 400 million in federal funding for our educational system. Seeing as you grew up there (as did I), you realize how important this money is/was.
    Did "he" cost the state $400 mil, or did one of his underlings who filled out or filed something wrong? From what I remember hearing about it, it was something incorrectly filed.

    And besides, taken from the outside view (living in Florida now), education is a local issue, there shouldn't be federal funding necessary for it. Its another piece of the reasons why our federal deficit goes up and up and up. It becomes a shuffle of blame, the state throws their hands up in the air and says "we can't manage this" and the federal government swoops in with cash stolen from all 50 states. That way the state doesn't have to raise their sales/real estate/income taxes themselves, and can avoid blame.

    But like any shell game or accounting gimmick, you can only get away with it for so long before it all falls apart. We saw it with Enron, we saw it with a bunch of the Wall Street groups, we saw it with banks, we saw it in Greece and are likely to see it soon in possibly Spain + Turkey as well. I think Ireland is at fairly deep risk too.

  19. Fat Cats, and Big Corp, will always trump the well-being of this country. I'm sure Obama had big plans for when he got into office, about how he was going to turn this country around.

    It gonna be a long hard road if he's honest. Too many hands in his face going "oh no, your not thinning my pockets". Greed has reigned supreme.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    Fat Cats, and Big Corp, will always trump the well-being of this country. I'm sure Obama had big plans for when he got into office, about how he was going to turn this country around.

    It gonna be a long hard road if he's honest. Too many hands in his face going "oh no, your not thinning my pockets". Greed has reigned supreme.
    Would you not be upset if one man wanted to take an unequal amount of earned money from your family as opposed to another? Well being isn't spreading around the wealth.
    The Historic PES Legend

  21. Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    Fat Cats, and Big Corp, will always trump the well-being of this country. I'm sure Obama had big plans for when he got into office, about how he was going to turn this country around.

    It gonna be a long hard road if he's honest. Too many hands in his face going "oh no, your not thinning my pockets". Greed has reigned supreme.
    Oh please, he overturned centuries contract law in the bankruptcies of GM + Chrysler by paying out unsecured debts (to the unions) before secured debts (bondholders) and took over both companies. He took over banks, and just continues to seek more and more governmental control over corporations - ie socialism 1 inch at a time.

    He was never honest about turning this country around, his goal is closer to a 1 world government which turns us in the wrong direction (as we have the highest lifestyle internationally, which means we lose the most).

  22. Underling or not, its his administration that created the mistake. As the face of it, and the de facto manager; he takes responsibility.

    And the federal government money wasn't just money thrown in the air. It was part of a program designed to foster better educational systems in the states competing (known as Race To The Top).

    To philosophically disagree w/ federal funding is one thing, but to bring that in as a point when the money already existed and was clearly going to go somewhere (its not like it up and disappeared) is a little besides the point. Its like the republican governors who swore up and down they would take no stimulus/bail-out funds, and then subsequently did. Practicality wins out over politics any day (if they know whats good for them).

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Did "he" cost the state $400 mil, or did one of his underlings who filled out or filed something wrong? From what I remember hearing about it, it was something incorrectly filed.

    And besides, taken from the outside view (living in Florida now), education is a local issue, there shouldn't be federal funding necessary for it. Its another piece of the reasons why our federal deficit goes up and up and up. It becomes a shuffle of blame, the state throws their hands up in the air and says "we can't manage this" and the federal government swoops in with cash stolen from all 50 states. That way the state doesn't have to raise their sales/real estate/income taxes themselves, and can avoid blame.

    But like any shell game or accounting gimmick, you can only get away with it for so long before it all falls apart. We saw it with Enron, we saw it with a bunch of the Wall Street groups, we saw it with banks, we saw it in Greece and are likely to see it soon in possibly Spain + Turkey as well. I think Ireland is at fairly deep risk too.

  23. And just to show that even Christie is not above political blame and spin. (My main point being that mostly all politicians are simply that....players of politics)

    Christie faulted the Obama administration's lack of "common sense" for not accepting verbal confirmation of the correct fiscal year numbers not included in the faulty paperwork.

    "This is the stuff that drives people crazy about government, about Washington," Christie said.

    State Assembly Speaker Sheila Oliver said the error was "a stunning mistake that is going to hurt New Jersey's children."

    The U.S. Department of Education did not immediately respond to a request seeking reaction to Christie's views. Comments from experts who analyzed state Race to the Top applications and determined the winners reveal that New Jersey's budget-reporting error was likely not the key reason behind its losing out by three points. The independent panel of reviewers repeatedly cited the Christie administration's inability to get most or all of the state's school districts, or Local Education Agencies, to go along with the plan as the reason for rejecting New Jersey's application.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Urban Monk View Post
    And just to show that even Christie is not above political blame and spin. (My main point being that mostly all politicians are simply that....players of politics)
    Sounds like a bunch of pandering to me. Looks like Fed wanted to bring discredit to Christie since he is the biggest threat right now. When in fact the issue could have been resolved and not a big deal. But......

    Using kids as a political football.
    The Historic PES Legend

  25. Again I'm talking about the fat cats of corp America who are still taking million dollar bonuses, all the while, the hard working "man" is getting **** on, and laid off. Just trying to make ends meet, and can't even afford insurance to keep him healthy and working.



    Recession over, my ass.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. best non alcoholic buzz?
    By JN230 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 12:47 AM
  2. Question for Obama Voters
    By Irish Cannon in forum Politics
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 03:26 PM
  3. Latest Buzz Allinone Products
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 06:01 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-25-2009, 08:37 PM
  5. Day 3 H-drol Buzz
    By tsplittorff in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 08:28 PM
Log in
Log in