Obama to support ground zero mosque

Page 2 of 9 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Another article on the issue from my beloved Economist.
    Build That Mosque

    As I canadian I feel my opinion is moot. They can build a mosque, I just don't see why it has to be right near the WTC.


  2. I love the freedom of religion argument. As no one here is saying to stop the practice of a religion. But building a mosque on the same hallowed ground that many families lost their loved ones to Islamic radicals is a huge provocation. Again, the people were offered free grounds elsewhere, but denied. There is some sort of motive in that denial.

    Every time a loved one that lost at that place visits, now they get a reminder of Islamic radicals. Ground should be hallowed.
    The Historic PES Legend
    •   
       


  3. In case some have forgotten.


    This isnt about freedom of religion, it is about RESPECT for the fallen.

    Remember, those are real people jumping from the towers.
    The Historic PES Legend

  4. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    In case some have forgotten.


    This isnt about freedom of religion, it is about RESPECT for the fallen.

    Remember, those are real people jumping from the towers.
    I am against their beliefs anyways. But especially against this attempt to insult our people, and our lost.

    Should it get forced through, I hope justice gets done.

    Dont patronize me about innocent people either. There is no innocence, just varying degrees of guilt.

    Those people in that building didnt have a fighting chance. People justify it as "we cant allow ourselves to become monsters like them" just to feel like the good guys....well no, but why not let 20 guys become monsters like them, not the entire nation And since our people arent stupid enough to do suicide bombing, they last longer lol.

  5. Watch how fast that mosque gets bombed! It's a good way for them to continue their religious war here on our soil. They know most Americans won't stand for it. As soon as a mosque is bombed in the US all hell is going to break loose AND they KNOW it. Its part of their plan in my opinion. Here, we can disagree and have a discussion. This country is on the verge of civil war. We're divided on so many issues and I think this is the straw that breaks the camels back. I would hate to see my neighbors killing each other but, hey, lets do it in the name of religion.---How about don't ask don't tell. Some people feel so strongly about their sexuality but because it causes so many problems, there's a rule in place. Let people worship god but keep it to themselves. Don't need to know what people do in their bedroom, Don't care how you worship god. Just leave me out of it.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    Watch how fast that mosque gets bombed! It's a good way for them to continue their religious war here on our soil. They know most Americans won't stand for it. As soon as a mosque is bombed in the US all hell is going to break loose AND they KNOW it. Its part of their plan in my opinion. Here, we can disagree and have a discussion. This country is on the verge of civil war. We're divided on so many issues and I think this is the straw that breaks the camels back. I would hate to see my neighbors killing each other but, hey, lets do it in the name of religion.---How about don't ask don't tell. Some people feel so strongly about their sexuality but because it causes so many problems, there's a rule in place. Let people worship god but keep it to themselves. Don't need to know what people do in their bedroom, Don't care how you worship god. Just leave me out of it.
    A war, as tragic and sad as it is, seems necessary. War is a catalyst for mankind, it is also a way to thin our numbers, and cut out some of the problematic genetics through survival. A nice good long war would cut out our obesity issue, toss the control of the federal government, thin out the population, and afterwards restart our economy. I say that last bit because I can promise you all the rich old farts wont make it through the war lol.

    Worst side effects? Most likely people of muslim appearance would be shot on sight in a full scale civil war, let them start it, I think they are underestimating how much anger people are holding back against them and they will be crushed utterly and removed from these lands. Also rednecks would hunt illegal immigrants, there would likely be severe racism in a white vs black sense and small conflicts of that alone, and many children would suffer from the war.

    But all in all, I think its needed. America is one huge ball of anger held back by political correctness restrictions. Time to let it flow it seems. Post 2nd revolution, 2nd civil war whatever it becomes remembered as, our country will be better for it.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    I love the freedom of religion argument. As no one here is saying to stop the practice of a religion. But building a mosque on the same hallowed ground that many families lost their loved ones to Islamic radicals is a huge provocation.
    Gee sounds like there shouldn't be a single building on american soil, because we trompled all over the american indians hallowed ground and forced them into concentration camps that we decided to cal "reservations" because it sounds nicer.

    New York City, the area with jurisdiction, had the capability to block the center in multiple ways - zoning the building as a historic site, refusing permits, etc. It did not. So to call it hallowed ground seems pretty funny if the people who actually live there don't consider it that way.

  8. Obama needs to keep his Muslim opinion and endorsement to himself.

    Let's build a Christian Church at Ground Zero of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
    I have no enemies. My friends intensely despise me.

  9. how about turning ground zero to some fuqing buildings, over 10 years and im tired of this shyt, this country looks so helpless.

    this is going to be the new shanghai skyline soon,

    that 1 tower with a hole in is just recently opened, i went to the 90th floor (out of about 110) and looked down on the older tower (looks like an asian empire state building) i visited several years ago.

    that spiral building will be up before you know it, and they are building these twin tower style buildings by there too soon. i think its going to be 130 floors or something like that. look it up.

    so where the hell is all the outrage on no buildings going up, the media is detracting out attention to little things and doing it very successfully.

    Last edited by ax1; 08-15-2010 at 05:22 PM.
    This message was paid for by the Russians

  10. Has everyone here heard of "Separation of Church and State? Does everyone know that the State Department will be "footing the bill" for Feisal Abdul Rauf, to go on a religious tour of the Middle East. To foster "greater understanding" about Muslim communities in the United States. THIS is unconstitutional. Why are our taxes being paid for this. The man behind the mosque is an employee of Obama's administration. Obama is promoting Islam on our dollar. Of course Obama is backing him.

  11. A peaceful end to this would be nice, but I think this just may spark the fires of the old "holy war" idea on both sides. Muslims are definitely making a push to become dominate.

    FYI, they will NEVER tell me what to do. I have a mind, one capable of learning and adapting... And of being an American and kicking @$$ if the need arises

  12. Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    Has everyone here heard of "Separation of Church and State? Does everyone know that the State Department will be "footing the bill" for Feisal Abdul Rauf, to go on a religious tour of the Middle East. To foster "greater understanding" about Muslim communities in the United States. THIS is unconstitutional. Why are our taxes being paid for this. The man behind the mosque is an employee of Obama's administration. Obama is promoting Islam on our dollar. Of course Obama is backing him.
    No, you misunderstand separation of church and state. Since Islam is not just a religion, but also the political view of other countries, we have to deal with those countries that use Shariah law and can't ignore the impact of their religion. And separation of church and state applies to inside the USA, our government espousing or sponsoring or granting one religion preference over others. Not as far as how we deal in foreign relations.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    our government espousing or sponsoring or granting one religion preference over others.
    And unfortunately this is happening right before our eyes as a Greek orthodox church is being roadblocked because of zoning issues having problems with its plans being taller than the memorial.. BUT the mosque is quite a bit taller and the road is clear. The Greek orthodox church was there prior to the WTC towers and fell when tower 2 fell.
    The Historic PES Legend

  14. Found a great little article here:

    "Mosque Moves Forward, Yet Church in Limbo," by Mark Impomeni in Human Events, August 9:

    The battle raging over the Ground Zero mosque is bringing new attention to another, less publicized controversy involving a house of worship in Lower Manhattan.

    St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church, which once sat right across the street from the World Trade Center, was crushed under the weight of the collapse of Tower Two on September 11, 2001. St. Nicholas was the only church to be lost in the attacks, and nine years later, while City of New York officials are busy removing every impediment to the building of the Cordoba mosque two blocks from the site, St. Nicholas' future remains unclear.

    The last bit of hopeful news for St. Nicholas came two years ago, in July 2008, when church officials and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey announced a deal which would have allowed the church to be rebuilt about two blocks from its original location.

    The Port Authority agreed to give the church a parcel of land at Liberty and Greenwich Streets, and contribute $20 million toward construction of a new sanctuary. The Port Authority also agreed to build an explosion-proof platform and foundation for the new church building, which would sit on top of a screening area for cars and trucks entering the underground garages at the new World Trade Center.

    Trouble emerged after St. Nicholas announced its plans to build a traditional Greek Orthodox church building, 24,000 square feet in size, topped with a grand dome. Port Authority officials told the church to cut back the size of the building and the height of the proposed dome, limiting it to rising no higher than the World Trade Center memorial. The deal fell apart for goodin March 2009, when the Port Authority abruptly ended the talks after refusing to allow church officials to review plans for the garage and screening area underneath. Sixteen months later, the two sides have still not met to resume negotiations.

    St. Nicholas Church's difficulty in getting approvals to rebuild stands in stark contrast to the treatment that the developers of the proposed Cordoba mosque have received. New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg, state Atty. Gen. Andrew Cuomo, and a raft of city officials have all come out publicly in favor of building the mosque, and the city's Landmarks and Preservation Commission recently voted unanimously to deny protection to the building currently occupying the site where the mosque is to be built.

    The mosque is proposed to rise 13 stories, far above the height of the World Trade Center memorial, with no height restrictions imposed....
    The Historic PES Legend

  15. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    And unfortunately this is happening right before our eyes as a Greek orthodox church is being roadblocked because of zoning issues having problems with its plans being taller than the memorial.. BUT the mosque is quite a bit taller and the road is clear. The Greek orthodox church was there prior to the WTC towers and fell when tower 2 fell.
    see now that I can agree with and be against them doing

  16. A war sounds like a great idea...now, if you will just go ahead and select some parents, siblings, and other loved ones that you are willing to feed into the culling machinery for extermination and betterment of the species...
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  17. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    A war sounds like a great idea...now, if you will just go ahead and select some parents, siblings, and other loved ones that you are willing to feed into the culling machinery for extermination and betterment of the species...
    Essentially that is the brutal honesty of what is coming. Consider it like unto a man who will cut off his own arm if it is necessary to survive. Society will do the same, or else as a whole die.

    IE something that happened on the news a couple years ago. A man went hiking by himself in some ravines, a minor rockslide caught him and a bolder(weighing something like 1200 lbs) pinned and crushed his arm. The poor bastard after waiting for a time(day or two???) cut his arm off with a pocket knife....sheering and stabbing the tendons at the join where the elbow is and ripping his arm free...

    Not pretty, hurts like hell, but it was the only way he survived...That time is sadly coming on a wide scale.


    War and death are the curse of mankind. With it we die, and yet without it we die.

  18. Here is an interesting read on why there are so many radical muslims. Dying as a martyr guarantees entry into Heaven according to Islam. In Islam, on judgement day, you have to have done more good works than bad works to get in. The only surefire way a person will know they get in and the only way that supersedes a life of GOOd vs Bad is to die a martyr. If you aren't a soldier in an actual battle, it is hard to be killed in holy war. So the only way around that is to kill yourself and other innocent people in the name of Allah. That is the fundamental teaching in islam. If people ignore this little detail, they will never understand why muslims are radical and want to kill non muslims. It hs nothing to do with tolerance because Islam is completely intolerant. This is at the heart of radical islam.
    Are there Muslims that don't subscfibew tp this theology? Sure. But people have tp understand the root cause. Appeasing Muslims that want to die and kill you with them doesn't work.



  19. in reviewing it more, the guy's ties to hamas are strong enough that i'm reversing my earlier opinion, and no longer believe he should be allowed to build this. I don't have a problem with a mosque being built there, but not at the hands of this guy. If this were still a Bush presidency, I'd almost bet this guy's bank accounts would be seized as part of funding terrorist Hamas activities.

  20. It's not a question of religious freedom, it's more of a moral issue. They are exploiting the American rights, laughing at us behind our backs. There are certain unspoken and unwritten rules to life in general, some lines you just don't cross. Unfortunately for the "good" muslim people, this is only going to create more hatred and controversy toward them because of many peoples ignorant and blanketed views.

  21. Simple point that needs to be taken into account. Christians and other Americans cant offend muslims through any action, so why can a muslim offend a Christian as well as the entire American population by one and it be ok?

  22. Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    Here is an interesting read on why there are so many radical muslims. Dying as a martyr guarantees entry into Heaven according to Islam. In Islam, on judgement day, you have to have done more good works than bad works to get in. The only surefire way a person will know they get in and the only way that supersedes a life of GOOd vs Bad is to die a martyr. If you aren't a soldier in an actual battle, it is hard to be killed in holy war. So the only way around that is to kill yourself and other innocent people in the name of Allah. That is the fundamental teaching in islam. If people ignore this little detail, they will never understand why muslims are radical and want to kill non muslims. It hs nothing to do with tolerance because Islam is completely intolerant. This is at the heart of radical islam.
    Are there Muslims that don't subscfibew tp this theology? Sure. But people have tp understand the root cause. Appeasing Muslims that want to die and kill you with them doesn't work.
    There also seem to be a lot of Christians that don't subscribe to the whole killing witches, killing disobedient children, etc. orders contained in the bible. Christianity, if followed to the letter, is just as intolerant.

    They are called extremists for a reason.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  23. How many Christians hijacked 2 planes and flew them into the World Trade Center. Its comparing apples to oranges. Christians aren't on a mission to destroy any and all non Christians. How many Catholic terrorists groups are on the terror watch list? Any muslim that is a fundamental worshiper and follower is taught to kill non believers. Christianity does not teach you must kill others to ensure entry into heaven. That is why muslims become suicide bombers. You can't gloss over that one fact.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by omni View Post
    I think the majority of Americans would disagree with you.
    ya most people i know disagree....it is a touchy subject
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Ground beef or ground turkey?
    By Pezz in forum Bulking
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 05:42 PM
  2. 80% ground beef?
    By Machwon1 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 09:44 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-17-2010, 10:12 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-30-2007, 10:44 PM
  5. Testing Ground
    By Fabulous One in forum Millennium Sport Technologies
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 02:03 PM
Log in
Log in