The New Arizona Immigration Law (SB1070) in Arizona

Page 1 of 9 1236 ... Last
  1. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

The New Arizona Immigration Law (SB1070) in Arizona

I live in Arizona.

Subject: The New Arizona Immigration Law

Before anyone comments, praises, or condemns the new immigration law in Arizona maybe they need to read it first. So many people in this country are quick to gripe and complain about our country (and its government) and the laws and policies that they implement but most citizens never bother to properly research the topics and find out what the laws really are. The lazy, uneducated and complacent people of this great nation would rather rely on our liberal left-wing media outlets to educate them.

People, wake up! Our media only wants you to be like sheep because they know most of you will believe anything and everything they want you to believe. Its time we take back our country and re-establish our Christian beliefs in which this great nation was created. Breaking the law is breaking the law, its that plain and simple. If you see a guy dealing drugs on the street corner of a school do you leave him alone for fear of violating his civil rights? Of course not. This law is no different. Remember, over 70% of Arizona citizens agreed with this law. Are we not a Democracy? Last time I checked the majority rules in this country. I personally am sick and tired of the majority giving in to the minority time and time again just so we don't risk the possibility that we may offend someone and hurt their precious feelings.

Please, read the bill first and then share your educated opinion with me. I would love to know each and everyone of your guys opinion on this topic. We have the great freedom of our Constitution and our Bill of Rights, lets enjoy them while their still in place. I have a bad feeling that in the very near future these freedoms are going to be taken away from us and one morning we will all wake up and say "What happened, this isn't right? Why didn't I do something about this when I had the chance?"

May God continue to bless this nation that has so defiantly turned its back on Him.

In His name,

Xxxxx Sxxxxxx
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.96%

Ehh,i would be interested,but i don't wanna read through all of that.
  3. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by airram479 View Post
    Ehh,i would be interested,but i don't wanna read through all of that.
    Then you are qualified to be a protester.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.57%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Its not that much different than federal law, just now state police are going to enforce it...god forbid. Damn immigration laws! They are always trying to enforce them and ****.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Then you are qualified to be a protester.
    LMAO.......
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.18%

alright i got through it and it pretty much said what i already knew just in more detail, detail is good though.

whether you agree with or disagree with this law doesn't matter, the point is this.....it's now a law that is being enforced and if you don't agree with it or think it's fair start walking due south till everyone speaks Spanish and you'll find your new home.

i hope this law is adopted by all states but especially southern ones.
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.61%

Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    alright i got through it and it pretty much said what i already knew just in more detail, detail is good though.

whether you agree with or disagree with this law doesn't matter, the point is this.....it's now a law that is being enforced and if you don't agree with it or think it's fair start walking due south till everyone speaks Spanish and you'll find your new home.

i hope this law is adopted by all states but especially southern ones.
    Especially NY and CA.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.18%

Quote Originally Posted by liquid View Post
    Especially NY and CA.
    don't forget about Chi-Town, if we had that law we could empty entire blocks in the city here.

i just don't get it......if you're illegal then wtf did you expect.

and then you see all these pukes on TV talking about being free and accepting everyone here, WTF are you talking about? we will let you in but we have laws to determine that. since when are we a nation of if you don't like the laws it's ok not to abide by them?
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.61%

Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    don't forget about Chi-Town, if we had that law we could empty entire blocks in the city here.

i just don't get it......if you're illegal then wtf did you expect.

and then you see all these pukes on TV talking about being free and accepting everyone here, WTF are you talking about? we will let you in but we have laws to determine that. since when are we a nation of if you don't like the laws it's ok not to abide by them?
    You don't need to tell me about clearing blocks. Here in NYC we could be clearing zip codes.

What really piss me off was when they play a race card. Really?! Come the FACK on now.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.27%

The media seems to have forgoten that "The Chosen One"(Obama) and Biden voted IN FAVOR of tougher immigration policies as a Senators in '07. Meh...Im sure any day now CBS, NBC and ABC and the cables are gonna run this

AP reported (via LexisNexis, no link available, emphasis added):
    June 7, 2007 Thursday 1:51 PM GMT

The 49-48 roll call by which the Senate passed an amendment to the proposed immigration overhaul that would end a temporary worker program after five years.
    On this vote, a "yes" vote was a vote to end the program after five years and a "no" vote was a vote against adding this time limit to the program.

Dems who voted yes.
    Baucus, Mont.; Bayh, Ind.; Biden, Del.; Bingaman, N.M.; Boxer, Calif.; Brown, Ohio; Byrd, W.Va.; Cardin, Md.; Casey, Pa.; Clinton, N.Y.; Conrad, N.D.; Dorgan, N.D.; Durbin, Ill.; Feingold, Wis.; Harkin, Iowa; Inouye, Hawaii; Klobuchar, Minn.; Kohl, Wis.; Landrieu, La.; Lautenberg, N.J.; Leahy, Vt.; Levin, Mich.; McCaskill, Mo.; Menendez, N.J.; Mikulski, Md.; Murray, Wash.; Nelson, Fla.; Nelson, Neb.; Obama, Ill.; Reed, R.I.; Reid, Nev.; Rockefeller, W.Va.; Schumer, N.Y.; Stabenow, Mich.; Tester, Mont.; Webb, Va.; Wyden, Ore.

Full article :http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...media-remember
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.48%
    Achievements Posting Pro

There's a group of "undocumented workers" marching to washington protesting this. I think they are marching from Florida. The state law enforcement should pick them all up and give them over to ICE.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.64%

I'm just ashamed that it wasn't my great ole state of Texas who proposed this first.... Now we are following suit with our own version of the law though...

Good going Arizona!
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'5"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.49%

It's about time a state finally stood up to the crime of illegal immigration.
    Quote Originally Posted by madds87 View Post
    Im not to fond of taking serm's for long periods of time....
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

This law is a great step into the right direction...First time in a long time eh?

And it really shows the stupidity of people...Those who protest are either illegal immigrants(therefor law breakers, criminals even though not necessarily bad ones...) or people involved with them as well...as well as the special class of idiots who just want to fight because they are incapable of being productive.

Hell this will even help with some of the MS13 and other gang issues. Police will now have legit rights to simply take them out easier.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  317 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.89%

First off let me say that I am totally for this law, and I am a resident of Arizona.

The only valid argument against this law, is legal residents that could potentially be racially profiled against. I do understand their argument on that venue, but I do know that special training is being done in this area for police officers so that they dont use 'uneccessary discretion.'

I am very interested to see how certain businesses in my area act towards this law, since they can now be penalized for having anyone on their payroll who is not a legal citizen....
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I am all for this law. NC needs to follow up.

I love how the people that are "educated" on tv and disagree with it and have no idea how the law works. they simply think that they can be forced to produce ID if the police want to ask you for it WRONG.

Last night I watched Carlos Mencia and Geraldo (both I don't care for) and Carlos kept cracking jokes on Ann Coulter(sp?) miss quoting the law the entire way. People are idiots if they think this is racial profiling. I'm not surprised with Carlos though, he can't even write funny jokes so he steals other comedian's jokes and now he can't construct a intelligent thought about why this law is "unlawful" so he just sits back and tries to make people laugh with his idiotic jokes on the subject.
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.3%

Racial profiling!? please... the cops ask me for ID all the time. Guess that makes them guilty of racially profiling a cajun.

I have no problem with mexicans coming in and doing the jobs that all the lazy, I'm too good to do that kind of work, Americans don't want to do, just do it through the proper channels.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  223 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.42%

Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post
    Racial profiling!? please... the cops ask me for ID all the time. Guess that makes them guilty of racially profiling a cajun.

I have no problem with mexicans coming in and doing the jobs that all the lazy, I'm too good to do that kind of work, Americans don't want to do, just do it through the proper channels.
    Agreed, I have no problem with them as long as the do it properly...I hate when ilegal aliens dont pay taxes and then expect rights/medical coverage... if ur over here ilegally quit complaining go home u shouldnt have any rights
  19. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.57%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bluehealer View Post

Well no one likes coonasses. :P

YouTube- Poo Poo Broussard - Cajun Titanic

No but seriously, illegals are a slap in the face to legal immigrants. Texas wasnt first to grant this since the mexicans who immigrate here have babies faster than rabbits and thus, they vote (democrat). The census in Texas will give the upper hand to republicans handily and this will be a big issue in Texas, and something similar will probably be passed.
  20. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.39%

It wont promote racial profiling any more the before the law was signed. That's just crap. Cops dont look at hispanics and think "I bet he's illegal." They look at hispanics that dont speak english and dont have a DL and think "I bet he is illegal." "Reasonable suspicion" has been around a long time and cops are familiar what it is.

I agree more states need a law like this cause he feds are afraid of enforcing this law.
  21. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.52%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

This law doesn't affect me at all, and we have already established in other threads that I am on a different side of politics then most on these forums, so I will just say this:

I think you take for granted how much our country relies on illegal labor. But its all good, alot more for everything as long as they are gone right?

They toook our jerbs!

YouTube- south park-they took our jobs!!!

Derp. Derp.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  22. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.52%

Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2 View Post
    "Reasonable suspicion" has been around a long time and cops are familiar what it is.
    I think you put to much faith into police. I am not mr. OMG **** THE POLICE YO. These men keep life in America livable, but to say that they don't let thier racial ideals play into thier job, some worse then others, is crazy.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  23. Banned
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.63%

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    I think you put to much faith into police. I am not mr. OMG **** THE POLICE YO. These men keep life in America livable, but to say that they don't let thier racial ideals play into thier job, some worse then others, is crazy.

Agreed. It's just like the movie, "Crash." That and (the old school), "Colors."
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.2%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I think you take for granted how much our country relies on illegal labor. But its all good, alot more for everything as long as they are gone right
    I guess that will be offset by the $$$ illegals cost us when they clog up hospital emergency departments for free healthcare.
  25. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.52%

EDIT: Im not even getting into this, it will lead no where.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'5"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.49%

Quote Originally Posted by Mass_69 View Post
    I guess that will be offset by the $$$ illegals cost us when they clog up hospital emergency departments for free healthcare.
    98% of the fees incurred from the births of children to illegal aliens in Arizona last year was funded by the state ACCHS department.
  27. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.52%

Quote Originally Posted by timmmah View Post
    98% of the fees incurred from the births of children to illegal aliens in Arizona last year was funded by the state ACCHS department.
    Source? I am sure it is high, but 98% seems a bit drastic. Even in states with limited population of illegal immigrants there are a bunch of child births on the state.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  28. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

This is not about Mexicans though, ironically, the Mexicans see to think they have a monopoly on it.

Illegal Immigrants.

The Mexican border is a freeway for illegal immigrants of all ethnicity.
  29. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

"Press 1 for English"
  30. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by iron fists View Post
    did anyone know that arizona is the world capitol for kidnappings?
    Incorrect. The kidnapping capital of the US.

Human smuggling makes Phoenix kidnapping capital of U.S.
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'5"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.49%

Source? I am sure it is high, but 98% seems a bit drastic. Even in states with limited population of illegal immigrants there are a bunch of child births on the state.
    http://www.bordercounties.org/vertic...9976DC1%7D.PDF Here's a link to a site with data that states that 25% of all unpaid hospital costs are from Illegals less than 10% of the population is Illegals, that means an illegal is 2 and a half times more likely to not pay his hospital bill than a legal citizen

Sorry I can't find the site I saw with the Info on the births to illegals, but I will.
  32. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.57%
    Achievements Posting Pro

If you have ever dealt with a poorer population, its not entirely unwarranted. Tellin it like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mass_69 View Post

Dont forget that all their children are now U.S. Citizens. Texas has tripled their budget percentage wise to pay for all the illegals and mexicans that cant afford healthcare, welfare, and other social programs in South Texas. But dammit, those people vote too, so its ok.
  33. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.52%

a site with data that states that 25% of all unpaid hospital costs are from Illegals less than 10% of the population is Illegals.
    So 75% of unpaid medical bills are from legal citizens? Seems like its an overall health care problem, which, I presume most of you are against any reform as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    If you have ever dealt with a poorer population, its not entirely unwarranted. Tellin it like it is.
    I have lived and will be moving back into the city of chicago in June, and not exactly the best area. So I have seen poverty, at a different level, but poverty non the less. But to think that its a poor thing is side swipping the point. This is a race thing, and always has been in America. It is the same reason why I am very likely to get off for a major crime as compared to a minority.

A white kid can shoot up a school and we blame video games. If an illegal did the same, it would be of national concern of how these "border jumpers" are destroying our country.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.18%

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    "Press 1 for English"
    word.

i love it when i go to my ATM machine and it askes me for english or spanish
  35. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.57%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I have lived and will be moving back into the city of chicago in June, and not exactly the best area. So I have seen poverty, at a different level, but poverty non the less. But to think that its a poor thing is side swipping the point. This is a race thing, and always has been in America. It is the same reason why I am very likely to get off for a major crime as compared to a minority.

A white kid can shoot up a school and we blame video games. If an illegal did the same, it would be of national concern of how these "border jumpers" are destroying our country.
    Those two things are entirely unrelated. Its funny, last friday a deputy was shot by an illegal in Arizona. But **** it man, lets let everyone in. If you werent a moron, youd be aware of the violence and crime at the border, as well as the complete drain that illegals are. Secure the borders, enforce the laws, reward legal immigrants and stop slapping them in the face with talk of amnesty for those who chose to break the law. Keep working hard to make this into a race thing.

Tell you what, I think states should be allowed to put it to a vote and decide if they will become a new safe haven for the illegals here. All you sympathyzers will be shutting up very quickly.
  36. Banned
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.63%

To be honest with you all, it sickens me to know that jobs are being given to illegal immigrants over an American (no matter what race, background, etc). I have a guy that works for me that went through the proper channels to become a legal citizen of this Country. It was not easy, but he did it. He is proud to call himself an American, and detests those who enter illegally, as well as those who hurt our systems. Here's the funny part: he carries a SOCOM-II and protects the border now. It is part of my daily routine; keep illegals out.
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'4"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

My solution to the border problem in AZ is simple! Land mines.....375 yards of land mines.
  38. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.52%

Those two things are entirely unrelated. Its funny, last friday a deputy was shot by an illegal in Arizona.
    And 100s of cops have been killed by criminal legal citizens. This doesn't support the argument, and I will again refer to the white kids shooting up schools comparison. It is noted as proof based on his illegal status, however, if it was a legal citizen, it would have been just a sad story, instead its a "border jumper" problem.

But **** it man, lets let everyone in.
    I never said this should be done, but to demand paperwork of anyone (*cough* those of color that fit the profile) for no reason (which they would be allowed to do) is a rights violation. My mom is a legal citizen after moving here from Italy previous to my birth, she does not walk around with her paperwork, and to demand it be shown on the spot would land her in jail.

If you werent a moron
    Thanks for resorting to name calling, glad to know you are being a productive contributer to this debate.

youd be aware of the violence and crime at the border, as well as the complete drain that illegals are. Secure the borders, enforce the laws, reward legal immigrants
    I understand the violence, I understand the drain. The problem is this a system that is systematically unamerican. If an illegal is arrested on unrelated charges, and is then proven illegal, send them off. But to have the ability to walk up to someone, who could be a citizen, and demand proof, is not the way to enforce this. Put stronger protection on the border, not those in the country.

and stop slapping them in the face with talk of amnesty for those who chose to break the law. Keep working hard to make this into a race thing.
    I love how a site that has a very strong basis on the use of AAS, as well as many self professed users of AAS, in addition to talks of marijuana smoking (don't believe me - search it), or that promotes the use of prescription grade chemicals (SERMs) for non prescribed patients, can be so "Lets enforce the law" when it doesn't pertain to them. Any person here who has never broken a law raise your hand. The rest of you, off to jail. Since this thread originally started with a mention of a christian nation, or something to that extent (I am non religious btw), I think it goes something like "let he who has not sinned cast the first stone?" In the previously mentioned examples, these were for personal pleasure, now imagine if you had the option to break the law (non violently entering another country) to work a job that Americans are more then willing to hire you for, at minimum wage and are able to provide food for your child. Not all illegals are throat slashers.

Keep working hard to make this into a race thing.
    ...because I am sure a British immigrant who has outstayed his visa in Arizona is ****ting bricks....

Tell you what, I think states should be allowed to put it to a vote and decide if they will become a new safe haven for the illegals here. All you sympathyzers will be shutting up very quickly.
    There are no safe havens for immigrants anywhere. It is illegal, and these people know it. However, our economy is built on thier labor. This strict enforcement also doesnt take into account many other factors, such as a concern of local police departments:

"He said the Arizona Immigration Law contributes to the division between the communities and can cause people, especially immigrants to stop reporting crimes."
    Source

Now I don't agree with the tone of the following article, because it occured previous to the law actually being enforced, however, after getting passed (If I am correct - I may not be). However, this is what happens when a law like this is allowed. A citizen, with legal paperwork, ends up in jail. So much for no "big government," huh guys?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/rich...on-law-boycott
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  39. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.5%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

As someone who is first generation in this country, this issue is very close to me. Besides being from NY

At the end of the day, my father (along with millions of others before and after him) did it correctly. It was very important to him to become a citizen. He worked hard for it, and was quite proud of it. He became a citizen just prior to the major onset of Vietnam and was later drafted. He was proud (not thrilled however) about going in, but failed the physical.

The fact is, a tremendous amount of money is spent on illegal immigrants. If, however, they want to become citizens, I for one would welcome it. No one has the right to stop the citizenship process. They just HAVE TO DO IT!
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.2%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I presume most of you are against any reform as well.
    Don't presume or assume too much. A less biased (clouded) outlook toward the people you are communicating with makes for a more interesting and productive discussion.

I never said this should be done, but to demand paperwork of anyone (*cough* those of color that fit the profile) for no reason (which they would be allowed to do) is a rights violation. My mom is a legal citizen after moving here from Italy previous to my birth, she does not walk around with her paperwork, and to demand it be shown on the spot would land her in jail.
    Have you read the bill? The officer has to check the person's status through U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement or U.S. Border Protection in compliance with U.S. Federal Law (Section 13-1509 B.). If you are a citizen, I don't think you will need to be caring "paperwork" in order to do that. I don't think the officers will be rounding up "brown" people and sorting them out later.

Help me understand how your civil rights are violated. The law requires "lawful contact" made by a law enforcement official. Is it a civil rights violation when an officer asks someone suspected of a crime for identification? I understand where you're going with that one, that officers will only profile certain people. That's happened before this law was passed and is not an immigration issue. Besides, I don't think law enforcement has the time or money to do citizenship checks on every Hispanic person that they see... Reasonable cause will need to be used for this to be successful.

Similar Forum Threads

1. President Obama's in Arizona
    By David Dunn in forum Politics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 01:44 PM
  2. arizona guarantee
    By warnerve in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 09:24 PM
  3. SR 71 and a day above Arizona
    By Jayhawkk in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0