Patriot Act - AnabolicMinds.com

Patriot Act

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Patriot Act

Oh great, Obama, Reid, and Pelosi are working on reauthorizing this garbage without making a big fuss. I personally am against the patriot act, first of all, there is nothing patriotic about this legislation.

Anyone else want to see this albatross negated, or am I alone here?
    The Historic PES Legend

Stats
    5'10"  264 lbs.

i wish i could write in my own loopholes when ever i wanted to.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by wedlund6 View Post
    i wish i could write in my own loopholes when ever i wanted to.
    Seriously... this is the EPITOMY of liberty for security. And with the passing years, you can plainly see that we are gaining neither.
    The Historic PES Legend
    •   

Stats
    5'10"  264 lbs.

there is no liberty.justice is not fair. this is not a free country. the injustice committed againest us by are gov. is bs. they pass laws that knowone wants or cares about. they are not for the ppl.they are for greed, fame and power.and this is a country i fought for
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

there is no liberty.justice is not fair. this is not a free country. the injustice committed againest us by are gov. is bs. they pass laws that know one wants or cares about. they are not for the ppl.they are for greed, fame and power.and this is a country i fought for

That perfectly describes our government! It is quite horrible what has become of our once great land.
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

It's odd that the Progressive's are re-newing the Patriot Act when so many used it as a tool to attack Bush. They probably see some value to it that the public is not able to see. Which probably means that it gives them powers that would cause an uproar or at the very least be unconstitutional. And they don't want to give that up.

I am very, very concerned about this. Having had our troops in Afghanistan for going on 9 years (with an imminent escalation), our military stretched thin and enduring long tours, with our economy crumbling, our unemployment dangerously high, government uber willing to spend TRILLIONS more in money we don't have, the government ignoring the constitution and eroding our civil liberties --- I fear that Bin Laden and his followers feel they successfully attacked the worlds greatest power and are the source of our current problems. They truly must believe that they are winning this war and that it is only a matter of time before the ship finally starts to sink.
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.

This act is an assult on liberty and personal freedom in the worst way. I love how the Obama-Reid-Pelosi complex were all against it in the beginning and are now for it. Flippin' and floppin' like a big mouth bass out of water.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Seriously... this is the EPITOMY of liberty for security. And with the passing years, you can plainly see that we are gaining neither.
    Is that a Benjamin Franklin reference? Reps! I love that quote

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Is that a Benjamin Franklin reference? Reps! I love that quote
    Definitely... I was hesitent to say Benjamin Franklin, because I have seen it attributed to at least 3 people so far, and history that far back can get a bit hazy.
    The Historic PES Legend
    Stats
    5'10"  264 lbs.

you a big t.j. fan. i remember him from war road

you a big t.j. fan. i remember him from war road
    The kid is just down right exciting to watch... the most driven person to hit the ice in a long time.
    The Historic PES Legend
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.

http://www.vidoemo.com/yvideo.php?i=...d-patriot-act=

Obama answers questions about the Patriot Act after about 3:06.

My question is: Which is a greater trespass against our civil liberties? Wire-tapping my cell phone (without a court order), or checking my library records?