Teleprompter vs hand notes.. LOL

Page 3 of 3 First 123

  1. I think the economy is more based off the consumer. One of the reasons why we had a great economy is because this is one of the few countries that will make and market such non-sense products and an american consumer will have the need to buy such products without really needing it. This is what made our economy so booming. I mean where else can you sell off road vehicles to people who have no intention of ever going off road? This is what the japanese auto industry missed out on. They couldnt understand how we can make an suv, market it for all its off-roading capabilities and sell it to surbaban housewives who have no need for ever driving up the side of a mountain but for some reason need these vehicles. This is what they couldnt understand and what american automakers did. It is the american ability to buy stupid useless things. I mean have you walked through a walmart or target or watched some informercials. We have the freedom to make and market the most ridiculous items and the american consumer will buy these items and we will be successful in selling them. Where else can you find a self rotating ice cream cone? Sure other countries have the ability to make and market these items but only here in america do we have the need and want to buy such things.


    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    That statement is utter nonsense mate. There is a circular relationship between employment and an economy, you do not have one without the other.
    Oh, I was not doubting that assertion. But your condescending post stating that economy was purely the driving force for jobs is abhorrent to the conversation.
    The Historic PES Legend
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I think the economy is more based off the consumer. One of the reasons why we had a great economy is because this is one of the few countries that will make and market such non-sense products and an american consumer will have the need to buy such products without really needing it. This is what made our economy so booming. I mean where else can you sell off road vehicles to people who have no intention of ever going off road? This is what the japanese auto industry missed out on. They couldnt understand how we can make an suv, market it for all its off-roading capabilities and sell it to surbaban housewives who have no need for ever driving up the side of a mountain but for some reason need these vehicles. This is what they couldnt understand and what american automakers did. It is the american ability to buy stupid useless things. I mean have you walked through a walmart or target or watched some informercials. We have the freedom to make and market the most ridiculous items and the american consumer will buy these items and we will be successful in selling them. Where else can you find a self rotating ice cream cone? Sure other countries have the ability to make and market these items but only here in america do we have the need and want to buy such things.


    Oh that thing is fantastic. Though you do mention Japan, and their penchant for nonsense consumer items is double that of America.

    The Historic PES Legend

  4. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Oh that thing is fantastic. Though you do mention Japan, and their penchant for nonsense consumer items is double that of America.

    LMAO... oh my frickin god I so know what I am getting my wife for mothers day.

    Touché sir
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  5. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    LMAO... oh my frickin god I so know what I am getting my wife for mothers day.

    Touché sir
    This stuff can go on all day!

    The Historic PES Legend
    •   
       


  6. LOL. ohh my..

    Here you go, Have you ever found yourself searching for hours for your remote control. Well have that problem no more!!

    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  7. Apparently there is a chinese man name Kenji Kawakami who specilizes in making useless products but they are all a gag and not for sale. Pretty funny I was reading an interview with him and he has some far out things

    Consider his Hay Fever Hat, a strap-on roll of toilet paper that provides allergy sufferers with a continuous supply of tissue that's always close at hand. Or the Portable Zebra Crossing, a roll-up crosswalk that gives you the right of way wherever you want it. And for the busy salaryman, there's the Anywhere Office, a wooden desktop that hangs from the neck, redefining business mobility.
    the article states he has not made a single yen on any product he has made. Its a shame, Im sure if he starts exporting to america he would make a killing

    http://www.japaninc.com/article.php?articleID=762
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  8. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Oh, I was not doubting that assertion. But your condescending post stating that economy was purely the driving force for jobs is abhorrent to the conversation.
    It's actually a fact champ. You want to see what happens to employment when an economy crashes do some reading on Zimbabwae.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    It's actually a fact champ. You want to see what happens to employment when an economy crashes do some reading on Zimbabwae.
    Unemployment effects the economy in ways that most people do not visually see. If more people are unemployed, less people pay taxes or have money for spending. Spending money boosts the economy through taxes which is why everything is taxed. The taxed money adds up when everyone shops. If one is unemployed, they live on what is saved or what unemployment departments give them. Therefore, they do not have money to be frivillous, they only buy neccessities. I hope this helps... champ.
    The Historic PES Legend

  10. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Unemployment effects the economy in ways that most people do not visually see. If more people are unemployed, less people pay taxes or have money for spending. Spending money boosts the economy through taxes which is why everything is taxed. The taxed money adds up when everyone shops. If one is unemployed, they live on what is saved or what unemployment departments give them. Therefore, they do not have money to be frivillous, they only buy neccessities. I hope this helps... champ.
    Yep that's the grade school version. When your economy which runs on lending crashes and debt is no longer available your currency crashes, businesses shut down overnight with mass lay offs, because your currency is in the toilet you can't import goods and as has already been stated your entire country runs on imports as your mabufacuting sector is all but dead. Inflation goes absolutely ape**** as a result and only the mega rich can afford anything while the rest of the country falls apart.

    See what employment numbers look like then.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Yep that's the grade school version. When your economy which runs on lending crashes and debt is no longer available your currency crashes, businesses shut down overnight with mass lay offs, because your currency is in the toilet you can't import goods and as has already been stated your entire country runs on imports as your mabufacuting sector is all but dead. Inflation goes absolutely ape**** as a result and only the mega rich can afford anything while the rest of the country falls apart.

    See what employment numbers look like then.
    Ah, good... round and round it goes.. so you are saying they impact each other now? Glad we got that straightened out turbo. We cool now captain?
    The Historic PES Legend

  12. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Ah, good... round and round it goes.. so you are saying they impact each other now? Glad we got that straightened out turbo. We cool now captain?
    See my post above where you said one was more important than the other and I said it wa a circular relationship. Glad you finally caught up.

    I have no problem with you dude. Just think it's best if you're going to throw your weight around in a discussion it's wise to make sure you aren't talking out of your ass first, but hey it takes all sorts.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    See my post above where you said one was more important than the other and I said it wa a circular relationship. Glad you finally caught up.

    I have no problem with you dude. Just think it's best if you're going to throw your weight around in a discussion it's wise to make sure you aren't talking out of your ass first, but hey it takes all sorts.
    Love that little condescending attitude you have... kinda cute!

    I never said one didn't impact the other... catch up there smart guy. You assertion was that one only impacted the other.

    So keep on trying to puff up your chest there chief.
    The Historic PES Legend

  14. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Wait, you do understand that the RNC doesn't charge flights to the Tax budget correct?
    D, the Daily Show didn't explain to him that the RNC conference is paid for with private funds...

  15. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Love that little condescending attitude you have... kinda cute!

    I never said one didn't impact the other... catch up there smart guy. You assertion was that one only impacted the other.

    So keep on trying to puff up your chest there chief.
    Not puffing up anything and if I come across as condecending it's because you don't know a damn thing about the mechanics of a global economy when you assert;

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Your assertion of economies impact on jobs is somewhat skewed, considering jobs impact economy in a ten fold fashion, not the reverse.
    When it's absolute crap. If what you said was even remotely true then when you had 5% unemployment it would never get any higher than that and everything would keep growing. It's precisely that attitude that caused the financial crisis in the first place. Evidently that particular irony is lost on you.

    I'm happy for you that you're comfortable being ignorant. I won't waste my time trying to get through to you any more as I'm happy to agree to disagree, hell it's your country.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    hell it's your country.
    Ah, there it is... Nuff said.
    The Historic PES Legend

  17. the fact that you use Hannity and Rush as your premise, explains a great deal.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    the fact that you use Hannity and Rush as your premise, explains a great deal.
    Just as anyone who listens to Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews? Your idea of negating someones idea because they listen to a certain commentator is asinine.
    The Historic PES Legend

  19. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Just as anyone who listens to Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews? Your idea of negating someones idea because they listen to a certain commentator is asinine.
    Really? You must be kidding. I agree, Matthews, Maddow, Olberman, O'Reilly, Rush, Hannity are all garbage and jaded and partisan. To use any of these fools as a source of "news" explains why were are in some of the trouble we are in

    Now Adams, feel free to remove panties from rectum

    edit:
    I forgot the worst of them and thats Beck. I have never seen a "news man" who believes in more catastrophes than this guy. I dont believe he actually knows the definition of socialism

  20. Quote Originally Posted by iron fists View Post
    are rush and hannity garbage because you dont listen to them? because they are not on the liberal side of things? or because you cannot prove them wrong? or because everyone whos claims they are wrong and can prove it, wont prove it or even go on their show and prove it or discuss it when the invite is clearly open for them too. beck is nuts i will give you that.
    to assume that anyone is correct is silly. Rush/Hannity/OReilly were all hanging for the sack of the GWB administration (typically) in similar fashion to Maddow/Matthews/Olberman are with Obama. It is silly nonsense. They refuse to see any other side but their own. The only one I will give credit to is O'Reilly who occassionally will give credit where it is due. However, on the whole, they are all way to reactionary for my taste, and are more part of the problem then the solution

    I am glad to see we agree about Beck though. He is a loon

  21. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    to assume that anyone is correct is silly. Rush/Hannity/OReilly were all hanging for the sack of the GWB administration (typically) in similar fashion to Maddow/Matthews/Olberman are with Obama. It is silly nonsense. They refuse to see any other side but their own. The only one I will give credit to is O'Reilly who occassionally will give credit where it is due. However, on the whole, they are all way to reactionary for my taste, and are more part of the problem then the solution

    I am glad to see we agree about Beck though. He is a loon
    Pull your head out of your ass you little twit. Because someone listens to someones commentary does not negate their opinion. Considering millions of people listen to each of these people, that means their opinions do not have merit in America? I personally do not care for any of them, but demeaning someones ideals because of some one they listen to... come on now.. don't be such a knob. If you want to refute peoples information, do so, but don't be so nonsensical to say someone is wrong because of their entertainment figures.

    I definitely expected more out of you.
    The Historic PES Legend

  22. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Pull your head out of your ass you little twit. Because someone listens to someones commentary does not negate their opinion. Considering millions of people listen to each of these people, that means their opinions do not have merit in America? I personally do not care for any of them, but demeaning someones ideals because of some one they listen to... come on now.. don't be such a knob. If you want to refute peoples information, do so, but don't be so nonsensical to say someone is wrong because of their entertainment figures.

    I definitely expected more out of you.
    Wow, someone is cranky. Gotta love the reactionary response that you always give. Not going to get into a pissing match with you, as you are not worth it.

    With that said, I am not negating an opinion. What I am doing, is stating that when the basis for someones opinions derives SOLEY from the opinions of a mouth piece like those listed above, then to me, their opinion is WORTHLESS.

    See how that worked there? Should I restate it so you most certainly will understand it?

  23. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Wow, someone is cranky. Gotta love the reactionary response that you always give. Not going to get into a pissing match with you, as you are not worth it.

    With that said, I am not negating an opinion. What I am doing, is stating that when the basis for someones opinions derives SOLEY from the opinions of a mouth piece like those listed above, then to me, their opinion is WORTHLESS.

    See how that worked there? Should I restate it so you most certainly will understand it?
    So consequently, since ones opinion influences another's opinion in turn that persons opinion is no longer valid? You haven't refuted any of the ideals, and only attacked the figure heads. The biggest red herring of the thread.
    The Historic PES Legend

  24. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    as you are not worth it.
    Haha... i like that.
    The Historic PES Legend

  25. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    So consequently, since ones opinion influences another's opinion in turn that persons opinion is no longer valid? You haven't refuted any of the ideals, and only attacked the figure heads. The biggest red herring of the thread.
    Valid is different that worthless, no?

  26. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Valid is different that worthless, no?
    Which ever way you want to stroke the words. Condescending one as worthless because of who they enjoy listening to is quite closed minded as well.

    So, going to keep harping on the commentators, or actually debate the merits of the actual opinion provided?
    The Historic PES Legend

  27. ok, which opinion would you like to debate? you seem so incensed for debate, yet offer no topic
    Also, bear in mind that I was responding to IronFists, who was stating the validity of the fox contingent based on ratings. So my response was directly related to that. Just for clarification

  28. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    ok, which opinion would you like to debate? you seem so incensed for debate, yet offer no topic
    Also, bear in mind that I was responding to IronFists, who was stating the validity of the fox contingent based on ratings. So my response was directly related to that. Just for clarification
    Man, you really do make my head hurt.

    Lets recap:
    Iron offered up opinion on some subjects that may or may not have stemmed from information from certain talking heads

    You instead of rebutting the statements he made started to attack him personally because he listened to said talking heads

    I point out your incongruous nature of the topic and arguments, now you have forgotten your belittlement of iron because he listens to some talking heads

    My damn screen is starting to smell like a red herring.
    The Historic PES Legend

  29. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Man, you really do make my head hurt.

    Lets recap:
    Iron offered up opinion on some subjects that may or may not have stemmed from information from certain talking heads

    You instead of rebutting the statements he made started to attack him personally because he listened to said talking heads

    I point out your incongruous nature of the topic and arguments, now you have forgotten your belittlement of iron because he listens to some talking heads

    My damn screen is starting to smell like a red herring.

    actually, he offered no argument except for "I dislike Obama", which he then proceeded to quote the benefit of Hannity and Rush. So I responded that IMO, neither of their opinion was worth anything regardless of ratings. The counter argument to that, is that since the majority voted Obama, evidently he is great. Get the point?

    If your screen smells, may I suggest some cleaner?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Mental Health And Vitamin B12 Go Hand In Hand
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 07:48 PM
  2. Trenbolone Notes.
    By Skye in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 09:37 PM
  3. Do strength/muscle size go hand in hand ?
    By ReaperX in forum General Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-14-2007, 01:32 PM
Log in
Log in