Obama-3, Bush-0...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Pro Virili Parte
    Answers

Obama-3, Bush-0...

So Im watching CNN and Giuliani is on and says we have been attacked 3 times already under Obama and havent had any attacks under Bush.. WTF!?!?!? So since then naturally every station has this single approach of all saying we have been attacked more now then under Bush. I thought these were news reporters, but no they just echo whatever talking point is that day.

Let me try and recap here to try and get a better understanding of this...

Under Obama we had:
    Little rock arkansas shooting
    the Fort hood shooting
    the recent underwear bombing attempt

Under bush we had..
    the DC sniper
    the shoe bomber
    the solider who blew himself and other fellow soliders up in kuwait in 03 I think
    the anthrax attacks
    the shoting at the LA airport
    the guy who drove a SUV into a crowd of people praising the bombers of 9/11 in 06
    Oh and of course 9/11!!!

Now let me be fair. Bill O'riley did bring up and ask, "what about the shoe bomber", but it was dismissed and didnt count as an attack under Bush because it wasnt sucessful and it didnt happen over our soil it was in the air and was stopped by airline passengers... That sounds totally different then the underwear bomber. Of course the shoe bomber one doesnt count.

News is such a joke now-a-days

NOTE: This is not intended to be a Bush VS Obama thread such showing the stupidity of the news and how they report to the american people as if we are idiots. I mean this is their job to research facts and report back those facts to us. Not hear a talking point and all run with it without any real reasoning but to just talk. I dont know why I even watch TV anymore, its a little insulting
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Care for news reports = 0. This is because of this very reason

I care about people and helping them though
  3. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Answers

I'll agree the media is crap.
    •   

4. New Member
    Answers

I figured out why Giulliani's math was off:

Maybe during the Bush years he was watching certain media outlets(cnn,nbc,cbs,abc) who more often than not, describe the above mentioned incidents as committed by "Lone, sexually frustrated nuts"etc. (Thanks Chris-thrill up my leg- Mattews, Keith Olberman, Katie Couric, Harry Smith) and rightly so, didnt count those as "attacks on America".

Then he switched to FOX when Obama came in
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Well, this was all explained on the Colbert Report. I'll see if I can find the video. You'll laugh hard.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  6. Pro Virili Parte
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    Well, this was all explained on the Colbert Report. I'll see if I can find the video. You'll laugh hard.
    Lol.. I would love to see his spin on it. Please post when you find it
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Lol.. I would love to see his spin on it. Please post when you find it
    been looking for it, it was some what of a recent episode and the premise was explaining why Obama had X number of terror acts and bush did not, lowest score wins and Bush had -1 and Obama 3 I think. The way they spun what counts and doesn't count, why, how etc was like staring at an M. C. Escher drawing or following Abbott and Costello's Who's on First...lol

I'll keep looking.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

We have fox news here in the morning. Its a joke.

The only thing they get right is the weather, after the fact.

lol.
  9. CDB
    Answers

I just don't get the whole exploding garments angle. Exploding shoes, exploding underwear. It's like Versace went nuts or something. What are they gonna do next, eat a ton of bean burritos before boarding and try to light the farts?
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

CDB was later arrested and deported for what was called "A step-by-step method on green house terrorism"
  11. CDB
    Answers

"...deported to Yemen, whereupon he began importing cabbage and bratwurst in record amounts, at once revitalizing the world economy and leading to the new TSA guideline that requires all travelers to eat five pounds of Velveta at least four hours before flying."
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

I just got constipated reading that.
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

It was Daily Show with the commentary

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_419979.html
  14. CDB
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    I just got constipated reading that.
    Exactly the strategy. When you land a TSA employee making minimum wage will punch you in the gut so you can poo and pass gas again. Safety first.
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Answers

i wish "reporters" would change their job description to "opinionators". i think modern "reporters" cast a black eye on the profession.
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

It was Daily Show with the commentary

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_419979.html
    If you were referring to my post, no.. it was definitely The Colbert Report, not the Daily Show, but it'll work..haha.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Oh okay, thought it was a mistake since Jon Stewart did the same thing.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by iron fists View Post
    And 9-11 was a result of the clinton administration, not bush..remember it did happen 1-2 mnths after bush was in office.
    Try 8 months!
  19. Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pcproffy View Post
    Try 8 months!
    From a plan that was admittedly in the works for approx 3 years.
    The Historic PES Legend
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    From a plan that was admittedly in the works for approx 3 years.
    Then I'm sure you will admit everything with the economy up to today is the fault of the Bush administration.
  21. Pro Virili Parte
    Answers

Then I'm sure you will admit everything with the economy up to today is the fault of the Bush administration.
    I'm sure he won't
  22. Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I'm sure he won't
    And who the **** are you to put words in my mouth?
    The Historic PES Legend
  23. Board Sponsor
    Answers

I never denied Bush was the major contributor to the economy, only to be exastrabated two fold by the stupid ass stimulus passed by Bush, then the follow up abomination TARP.

I am guessing you are someone who worships at the feet of liberal ideology, and subsequently their figure head?
    The Historic PES Legend
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

It's all everybody else's fault when it's bad and all by your design when it's good. Politics 101
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

It's all everybody else's fault when it's bad and all by your design when it's good. Politics 101
    Exactly the point.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Right on! Think I learned that on south park.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Answers

forget obama. everyone blames bush, but he played the cards he got delt. obama has promised us (as Americans, not republicans or democrats) alot of things, but him and his cronies have yet to fix this nations economic situation. instead they try to put in stupid ass health care bills thats gonna break the country even more. and forget the news, they are biased (not just fox, stupid ass c span and cnn are too dont even argue)

and as for the tally of everything bad thats happened under both presidents.. they couldnt personally do **** about it. people think the president runs the whole damn country. 9/11 was not bushs fault, it was our nations security. and the forth hood shooting wasnt obamas fault. people are so gullible by what liberal news preaches...
  28. CDB
    Answers

Bush and Clinton, but especially Bush for his 'saving' us from the last recession. What we're seeing now is the ultimate unwinding of the imbalances that occurred during the Clinton years which Bush, like the moronic ******* that he is, and Greenspan, like the arrogant ******* he is, decided to give us a 'soft landing' from. Which is economic jargon for pushing the same policies that caused the problem even further to generate even more false prosperity to delay and/or cover up the ****storm that would inevitably arrive, though hopefully not in their administrations. There is no way to slow down and/or stop a bubble, it either pops or keeps going, period.
  29. Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CDB View Post
    Bush and Clinton, but especially Bush for his 'saving' us from the last recession. What we're seeing now is the ultimate unwinding of the imbalances that occurred during the Clinton years which Bush, like the moronic ******* that he is, and Greenspan, like the arrogant ******* he is, decided to give us a 'soft landing' from. Which is economic jargon for pushing the same policies that caused the problem even further to generate even more false prosperity to delay and/or cover up the ****storm that would inevitably arrive, though hopefully not in their administrations. There is no way to slow down and/or stop a bubble, it either pops or keeps going, period.
    Agreed. The concept started as far back as Carter, and Clinton gave the CRA new legs, and even when the problem was being seen in the Bush Era, instead of repealing the ****ty CRA, and tackling the heart of the banking problems, the dumb ass just threw money at it. Now Obama is taking that same path, but throwing more and more and more and more money at it... eventually we will have to stop throwing money at it, then we will be left with a dollar that is equivelent to a peso and a recession that is dragged along for years to come.
    The Historic PES Legend
  30. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Agreed. The concept started as far back as Carter, and Clinton gave the CRA new legs, and even when the problem was being seen in the Bush Era, instead of repealing the ****ty CRA, and tackling the heart of the banking problems, the dumb ass just threw money at it. Now Obama is taking that same path, but throwing more and more and more and more money at it... eventually we will have to stop throwing money at it, then we will be left with a dollar that is equivelent to a peso and a recession that is dragged along for years to come.
    Absolutely. This is a case of piss poor leadership going back decades. It is not the blame soley on Obama/Bush etc... however, they did diddley pooh to tackle the issue and face the trouble head on

they all suck
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  31. Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Absolutely. This is a case of piss poor leadership going back decades. It is not the blame soley on Obama/Bush etc... however, they did diddley pooh to tackle the issue and face the trouble head on

they all suck
    We haven't seen a true fiscal conservative in a very long time.
    The Historic PES Legend
  32. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Teddy
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  33. CDB
    Answers

We haven't seen a true fiscal conservative in a very long time.
    Sure we have, during the primaries. Ron Paul this last time around. Except fiscal conservatives, true fiscal conservatives, tend to know that war is very expensive, destructive, and that the only 'prosperity' it brings is to the people who survive, and then only of the Broken Window Fallacy type. Due to the fact that true fiscal conservatives do not want to try and maintain a trillion military bases in every country possible and then bomb the **** out of the rest of the world, they tend to not get the mainstream Republican vote.
  34. ax1
    Elite Member
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    Answers

obama and bush are the same thing, obama is really bush's 3rd term.

everybody needs to stop what these aholes are saying, and watch what they are doing. what they say is all psychological stuff on society so pay no attention to that.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  35. Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CDB View Post
    Sure we have, during the primaries. Ron Paul this last time around. Except fiscal conservatives, true fiscal conservatives, tend to know that war is very expensive, destructive, and that the only 'prosperity' it brings is to the people who survive, and then only of the Broken Window Fallacy type. Due to the fact that true fiscal conservatives do not want to try and maintain a trillion military bases in every country possible and then bomb the **** out of the rest of the world, they tend to not get the mainstream Republican vote.
    I meant in the white house.
    The Historic PES Legend
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

I think it's still rather welcoming to have people actually paying attention to the president's speeches, where as with Bush everything would just instantly be forwarded to Saturday Night Live skit writers.
  37. Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by noot View Post
    I think it's still rather welcoming to have people actually paying attention to the president's speeches, where as with Bush everything would just instantly be forwarded to Saturday Night Live skit writers.
    Thats only because of liberal media bias.
    The Historic PES Legend
  38. Senior Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by noot View Post
    Sure, people do not tumble over in laughter at every mispoken phrase or term as they did with Bush, but I would not go as far as to say that Obama is "welcoming".

Obama is not the same tongue tied politician that Bush is. Fancy words mean nothing if they do not deliver what is promised. Obama look the public in the eyes and makes promises he can't possibly fulfill makes blatant lies as to how his actions/lack of actions has definitely created a positive outcome. There is nothing refreshing or welcomng about politics in the bush era or the obama era...
  39. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  222 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    obama and bush are the same thing, obama is really bush's 3rd term.
    ...on steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Gimpy! View Post
    Sure, people do not tumble over in laughter at every mispoken phrase or term as they did with Bush, but I would not go as far as to say that Obama is "welcoming".

Obama is not the same tongue tied politician that Bush is...:
    See: teleprompter.
  40. Senior Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmacho View Post

See: teleprompter.
    would you please care to elaborate?
    Last edited by Mrs. Gimpy!; 02-06-2010 at 09:00 AM. Reason: quoted more than i needed to
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. And this is Bush's Brain?
    By zbtboy in forum Politics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2007, 09:33 PM
  2. Looks like the Dems have Bush by the bush
    By Chad in forum Politics
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 03-30-2007, 03:18 PM
  3. Bush drunk?
    By Grunt76 in forum General Chat