So my live-in girlfriend's older sister came home for Christmas...

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Senior Member
    youngandfree's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,296
    Rep Power
    56038
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    79.54%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    WHO= World Health Organization = socialist UN equivalent for ""world health"

  2. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,888
    Rep Power
    852765
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    If i dont pay for it, it is free.

    I have no idea what a WHO is....
    Do you know what VAT is? then you are paying for it.

    this bottle of tequila is 46 pounds in the UK (around 73 USD)

    http://www.gerrys.uk.com/CatalogueAndCartOct07.aspx

    but 34 US dollars in the US

    http://www.napacabs.com/Sauza-Plata-...0ml-P3622.aspx

    So you are paying for it you just don't realize it.
  3. New Member
    Carcaya's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    418
    Rep Power
    302
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    60.59%

    I just want to see all the politicians get in the gym and pick up some weights. Maybe if everyone had 'legs' day, our pride in being right would take a bow and some solutions could be found.

    Arnold for president haha
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,543
    Rep Power
    2677
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    20.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    If i dont pay for it, it is free.

    I have no idea what a WHO is....
    World Health Organization. And if you don't pay for it, it is not free. Someone else still has to pay. Hence, not 'free'...

    What you're really saying is you're okay with the government forcing other people to buy **** for you. Which is a point of view I guess, but trying to hide it behind BS strikes me as a bit disingenuous.
  5. Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,543
    Rep Power
    2677
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    20.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Valdez View Post
    sounds like a typical dumb leftwing whore
    Not typical, no. Typical is just stupid. The vzeal with which this woman seems to want to insert herself into 'debates' is worrying. Sounds like the type who would do her best to poison a relationship if it took her fancy or if she took a severe dislike to Jay for some reason some day. Even if his girl is sound in the head, it's stress for both of them in the future when this bitch turns sour.
  6. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11682
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I told my girlfriend after the second argument that I can't stand her sister and I hope that isn't a problem for us. She basically said no big deal, it's not like she had been treated any better by her...

    I mean, she did ask her when we were moving into a 'better place'. Although she's only lived on her own twice and both times were with a roomate and short lived due to finances not being handled properly.
  7. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    dg806's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,346
    Rep Power
    1322
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    42.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Jay I loved this post. Made me laugh big time. I feel sorry for you during the holidays now! LOL
    My brothers wife is very liberal like this and the same sort of things happens when they come in (they live in St Louis and we are in NC). Bad thing is, my brother is just like her now. And the rest of the family can be considered rather conservative.
  8. Senior Member
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    667
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    63.63%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Ah the left wing...never fails to eventually bring down all great civilizations.
  9. Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,543
    Rep Power
    2677
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    20.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    she's only lived on her own twice and both times were with a roomate and short lived due to finances not being handled properly.
    Figures.
  10. Advanced Member
    bigrobbierob's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    7811
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    16.73%

    Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    If i dont pay for it, it is free.




    you =
  11. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,225
    Rep Power
    18679
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    42.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    Great first impression.

    She was right about the healthcare thing though. It is terrible in the States compared to elsewhere. It should always be free.
    There is NO SUCH THING AS FREE my friend. There are always consequences and repercussions that have to be paid on one front or the other.

    Anyone preaching that health care or ANYTHING ELSE ON THIS PLANET, as being free, is a fruit cake, end of story.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  12. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,225
    Rep Power
    18679
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    42.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    I had a small thing like this with a legal alein at my work. He told me he didnt like McCain because all McCain wanted to help is rich people. I asked him who payed the vast majority of taxes in this country. He said everyone. I explained the rich pay practically all the taxes and then I asked what have the poor done to deserve help? He said, but the rich dont need it and should pay more! I asked him if the place we worked should let the poor people pay less since they have less money. If we should give the poor people that walk in 20% off just for being poor. He didnt know what to say and I walked off. The only reason poor people get anything is their vote is equal to a rich persons.

    That said, Ive talked to girls before and had them add me on some social networking site and see my views as conservative and some pages like Vote GOP Texas etc and stop talking to me all together. Tolerance at its finest.
    I am not sure that what you typed actually makes any valid points, unless you are a one-way-joe, tbh.

    So, what have poor people done to deserve help?

    Let's take this very real scenario:::

    Some have had the misfortune of being forced into those situations. I agree that there are people out there that suck off of the government, I'll totally agree with that. Just like there are millionaires out there that put their DOGS AND CATS on their taxes in order to cheat on them. Neither side is just in this case though...i will agree.

    However, take someone who has gone through masters, and earned a phd, or undergrad, earned a nice paying job, only to be told that their position is no longer needed due to "downsizing".

    Now, they are out of work for several months. In this case they use up all of their resources(this puts them in that "poor" category) and need government assistance because the owners of these same "rich multimillion dollar" companies, who pay these "high taxes", will not hire them. This could be due to lack of qualifications, downsizing, or if you really want to dive into it, basic racism.

    Now, I ask you, what did those people do to deserve being discriminated against and left for dead with no job after doing EVERYTHING that those "rich people" did?

    Remember, the rich, 85% of the time, have gotten rich using individuals who can barely live above poverty at times. Without these low paid wage workers, most of these billionaires, and millionaires would not even exist. Let's not even talk about these low life b@@stards who take their worker's overtime and it mysteriously disappears, or work people off the clock. I have no pity for many of these people.

    I ask you again, who the hell deserves what?
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  13. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,225
    Rep Power
    18679
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    42.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Valdez View Post
    sounds like a typical dumb leftwing whore
    Just because someone has a difference of opinion does not mean that you should slander them or call them out of their name. How do you know she is a whore? Did she deny you the "panties" and you're mad now?

    I should come to your house and p!ss in your oatmeal, then make you slurp it through a straw.

    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  14. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,888
    Rep Power
    852765
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    Let's take this very real scenario:::
    you mean a scenario you made up, because it has high emotional connotation?
    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    Some have had the misfortune of being forced into those situations.
    almost none. Where you are at any point is the sum of the choices you make

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    However, take someone who has gone through masters, and earned a phd, or undergrad, earned a nice paying job, only to be told that their position is no longer needed due to "downsizing".
    perhaps they made a crappy choice of degrees? Instead of getting something in high demand, they got "Biological Anthropology" or something else highly limited. Again, they made the choice of their major and career path, nobody forced it on them.

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    Now, they are out of work for several months. In this case they use up all of their resources(this puts them in that "poor" category) and need government assistance because the owners of these same "rich multimillion dollar" companies, who pay these "high taxes", will not hire them. This could be due to lack of qualifications, downsizing, or if you really want to dive into it, basic racism.
    if they aren't qualified, and don't have skills worth paying for, then what do they deserve? Part of the problem is that somehow today people think they should have new cars, and jewelery and cellphones and luxury items when they don't have the skills that are worth paying for that. A PHD in Spanish Literature of the 1500s doesn't exactly have much practical application.

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    Now, I ask you, what did those people do to deserve being discriminated against and left for dead with no job after doing EVERYTHING that those "rich people" did?
    you are missing an essential point here. They aren't being discriminated AGAINST - they merely have not enough qualifications to make the sort of pay THEY expect to make. Also they obviously didn't do EVERYTHING those "rich" people did, or they'd be rich too.

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    Remember, the rich, 85% of the time, have gotten rich using individuals who can barely live above poverty at times.
    really? Can you post some actual evidence showing that? Its just more emotional appeal with no factual basis. Did Bill Gates abuse poverty workers?

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    Without these low paid wage workers, most of these billionaires, and millionaires would not even exist. Let's not even talk about these low life b@@stards who take their worker's overtime and it mysteriously disappears, or work people off the clock. I have no pity for many of these people.

    I ask you again, who the hell deserves what?
    People who don't work don't deserve anyone elses money. Wages and jobs are a supply and demand situation. If you have no skills in demand they you have no job. And instead of spending your time whining and complaining about rich people, or watching american idol and biggest loser the people should be spending their time upgrading their skills.
  15. Advanced Member
    bigrobbierob's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    7811
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    16.73%



    Great post Easy.
  16. Elite Member
    suncloud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    38
    Posts
    6,352
    Rep Power
    3264
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    31.14%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    healthcare in the US sucks. lets be honest, its only great if you have healthcare, because without it, you're essentially screwed.

    a 150k histerectomy will be settled for 40-50k by insurance. don't have insurance, then goodbye house, pay up the 150k. if i could borrow 50k from the mafia at 100% yearly interest, i could pay it off in 3 years and break even. somethings not right about that.

    i say these things because in 2005, my g/f had 980k in the bank. after her medical bills, over 800k of that has been spent - just on hospital bills. and because of multiple pre-existing conditions, she can't be insured.

    with regards to your g/f's older sister, she's vaguely right about doctors - in florida for example, you can get out of med school, and become a plastic surgeon with no extra training, and no need for malpractice insurance. i don't think a neurosurgeon however fits into that category...

    i see both sides of the argument though, and i think we have to find a good middle ground, which starts with hospitals charging the same fee they expect to collect from insurance companies, and stop passing on the buck because "person A" didn't pay the bill. could you imagine applying that to your work - like because somebody hit you yesterday, you're entitled to smack around a bunch of people today because its "spreading the wealth"? or the PD giving someone 10 free "run the red light warnings" because someone did that to them and got broadsided?

    not that spending money that we can't afford is really a great answer, but dammit, a middleground must be found.

    personally, i wish we'd just ship off all the prisoners to the phillipines and pay the guards 10 bucks a day to take care of them (the going rate there). that would take a huge dent out of our budget.

    bleh. i hate politics. just food for thought brotha jay.
  17. Professional Member
    Australian made's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,160
    Rep Power
    4323
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    68.83%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    You yanks are such sensitive souls. I have no idea why you lot get so worked up about politics.
  18. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,225
    Rep Power
    18679
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    42.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    you mean a scenario you made up, because it has high emotional connotation?
    You are seriously going to sit there and tell me that out of the millions of jobs lost, this scenario never happened? So, I just pulled this out of the air because it "tugs the heart strings". Easy, you are better than that brother.

    almost none. Where you are at any point is the sum of the choices you make
    Again, this is obvious. You are where you are due to personal choices. Great that you pointed out a black dot on a white piece of paper. I hold a masters in network security engineering, I do not have an "official job" in that field. I live in Alabama, there are reasons why I do not have that job and neither are by choice of my own. I've been denied job after job due to companies going with the "good ol boy" tactics. I was denied 2 of 8 jobs due to a lack of experience, the rest was just a strange occurrence and one guy flat out told me that it was due to my religious belief. For you to deny that those tactics do not exist really makes your post lack credibility.

    perhaps they made a crappy choice of degrees? Instead of getting something in high demand, they got "Biological Anthropology" or something else highly limited. Again, they made the choice of their major and career path, nobody forced it on them.
    Once again, goes back to the previous statement. Of course, if you have a degree (no matter what level) in an obscure field and are not willing to move to an area where that degree can be put to use then you are going to have a long road ahead of you. However, I am talking about high demand degrees. No one forced them into taking that degree path, I totally agree with you. If my choice of words was misleading, my apology, however, I cannot take a gun into an office and force a guy to give me a particular job which I am more than qualified.

    if they aren't qualified, and don't have skills worth paying for, then what do they deserve? Part of the problem is that somehow today people think they should have new cars, and jewelery and cellphones and luxury items when they don't have the skills that are worth paying for that. A PHD in Spanish Literature of the 1500s doesn't exactly have much practical application.
    I cannot tell you how many people that I know that are qualified for a particular job yet have been denied due to "circumstances" beyond their control. If they are not qualified then yeah, of course, they shouldn't be given the job. No one in their right mind should expect to be handed something IF they are not qualified. However, when the qualifications are given and you meet those better than the person whom got hired, then there is something curious going on. Would you agree?


    you are missing an essential point here. They aren't being discriminated AGAINST - they merely have not enough qualifications to make the sort of pay THEY expect to make. Also they obviously didn't do EVERYTHING those "rich" people did, or they'd be rich too.
    I am not sure what paradise that you live in but apparently it is definitely a place which I need to visit. Hell, book me a flight there NOW. A place with no racism or discrimination, wow, give me that address. Because, you know, of course, no one has ever been denied a job due to race, religion, or sex...this is American, that has NEVER happened here....I see your point.


    really? Can you post some actual evidence showing that? Its just more emotional appeal with no factual basis. Did Bill Gates abuse poverty workers?
    Really? Would you like me to show you the speech's of Sam Walton where he states this? Or, better yet, how about I call Jim Sinegal, owner of Costco, and allow him to tell you that himself. I'll do you one better, I can just call up the CEO of target and get the info to you. It's right there in their call to employees handbook...
    I called out a random percentage on how many. Many retailers, hell, nearly every single one of them have low paying wages where a person has to take on extra jobs just to make it. And, these people aren't living great lifestyles or trying to live above their means. Some are, you are correct, but there are many that are not. They are just trying to fill their damn cabinet with food.

    People who don't work don't deserve anyone elses money. Wages and jobs are a supply and demand situation. If you have no skills in demand they you have no job. And instead of spending your time whining and complaining about rich people, or watching american idol and biggest loser the people should be spending their time upgrading their skills.
    [/quote]
    Does this include elders too? Does this include mentally retarded individuals and physically disabled people also? what about people that held that chemical engineering degree for about 1 year, had the greatest paying job and was stricken with a disease, tossed out of that job and landed in a damn hospital.

    Oh but wait, it's probably their fault that they acquired that disease, so they do not deserve anyone's help either.

    I do see your point though. Obviously, we should just all be selfish b@@stards; it's easier that way.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  19. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,225
    Rep Power
    18679
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    42.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    You know what, I'd rather not even discuss all the topics of quote. I'd rather you tell me, Easy, how many companies which are successful that have been able to accomplish this success without a huge portion of the work being completed by low wage workers?

    Doesn't the retail industry employee the 2nd or 3rd largest number of people? And of those, aren't the majority minimum wagers? I think the manufacturing industry is right there with retail in terms of both employment and low wages, perhaps not minimum but very low.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  20. Advanced Member
    bigrobbierob's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    7811
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    16.73%

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    I am not sure what paradise that you live in but apparently it is definitely a place which I need to visit. Hell, book me a flight there NOW. A place with no racism or discrimination, wow, give me that address.
    You said you live in Alabama, then complain about racism, discrimination, and the "good ol' boy network".

    I loled.

    What do you expect?

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    You know what, I'd rather not even discuss all the topics of quote. I'd rather you tell me, Easy, how many companies which are successful that have been able to accomplish this success without a huge portion of the work being completed by low wage workers?
    It's not slave labor. The people have a choice to work there or not.

    Doesn't the retail industry employee the 2nd or 3rd largest number of people? And of those, aren't the majority minimum wagers? I think the manufacturing industry is right there with retail in terms of both employment and low wages, perhaps not minimum but very low.
    IMO there should be no minimum wage. It causes a false paradigm to the free market system (just as government intervention always does). But still, no one force the people to work there.

    As far as manufacturing wages being too low I have to laugh. America has lost the majority of it's manufacturing to shut down or moving to other countries because the unions have forced wages to be too high for what is being done. How can they be too low when the business' are leaving in order to still profit?

    I am amazed how a worker (skilled or not) is socially acceptable to try to make as much money as possible and do as little work as possible, yet a person that starts/owns/runs the same company and usually has little if any personal time (because it's all about keeping the business running) is seen as evil and greedy for reaping the rewards of their success.
  21. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,888
    Rep Power
    852765
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    You know what, I'd rather not even discuss all the topics of quote. I'd rather you tell me, Easy, how many companies which are successful that have been able to accomplish this success without a huge portion of the work being completed by low wage workers?

    Doesn't the retail industry employee the 2nd or 3rd largest number of people? And of those, aren't the majority minimum wagers? I think the manufacturing industry is right there with retail in terms of both employment and low wages, perhaps not minimum but very low.
    wages are a supply and demand issue. if there is low demand for workers then wages will be low. if there is high supply of workers with a certain qualification then wages will be low. Thats simple economy. If people raise their qualifications then they are competing with jobs that there is a lower supply of workers able to do, and their pay is higher. The fact is that managing to scan a barcode and put clothes on a hanger is a non-skilled job and doesn't deserve much pay. You can just about train a monkey to do it. Some of the registers for fast food even just have pictures of the items on the touchscreen. a 6 year old could run the register, it doesn't deserve enough pay to raise a family on.

    Minimum wage was originally established as a minimum wage to pay skilled workers - journeyman level and above. As the liberals forced it to apply to all workers it became less and less meaningful. Jobs than an animal can do don't deserve a high wage. Jobs where you have significant training and expertise to do deserve decent pay.
  22. Senior Member
    TexasTitan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Power
    667
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    63.63%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Hardknock, why dont you just run on a socialist retard platform? Im not even bothering with the other garbage you posted. I can make up scenarios too. Its great until you run out of other peoples money. You want to know the truth? Life isnt fair. And the more you try and make it fair, you more you **** over others. Why should I get into college over someone more qualified because I have a different skin color? I see conditional racism is welcomed. Why should I be punished because my dad worked in real estate while someone elses partied, took no initiative, and worked a dead end job? Why should he?

    Why should I pay for the poors health insurance when I see countless people come into where I work and stuff themselves full of fatty greasy foods and take no interest in their health? Or the 44 year old "actor" who I know my social security and eventual free insurance will have to cover because he never did anything for himself? He followed his dreams and now he doesnt have any plans for retirement. Freedom gives us the ability to determine our own fate. Its not just...oh, only if you do good though. This is freedom. Aint that a bitch, being responsible. For all the people that get ****ed by the system there are infinite more that could have be successes and just didnt take the initiative. For every american without insurance, there are 3 more who have it. Why should that 1 in 4 get free **** because they cant afford it. Hey, I want a Z06. Do I get to have it because I cant afford it? The more you build up this, Im the victim, I want free money, I dont want to work hard to enjoy all the benefits mindset, the more you actually oppress the poor. Youre ***gy little hiptard system gives them the fish, let them teach themselves to be fishers. Its the only way theyll ever make something of themselves. Socialist states do not work.
  23. Board Supporter
    RipdnTxs2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    48
    Posts
    577
    Rep Power
    406
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    52.39%

    My sister in law has been in our house a week now, she brought a 36 pack suitcase of diet cokes and has literally laid around about 22 hours a day. She is like a piece of furniture that makes everything depressed in the house, and yea she is single with two cats and not hardly any friends. I was o.k. for the first few days, but after work tonight there she was laid out all over our couch again. Sorry to hijack but I feel a little better now....... Gotta love the holidays
  24. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,225
    Rep Power
    18679
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    42.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    wages are a supply and demand issue. if there is low demand for workers then wages will be low. if there is high supply of workers with a certain qualification then wages will be low. Thats simple economy. If people raise their qualifications then they are competing with jobs that there is a lower supply of workers able to do, and their pay is higher. The fact is that managing to scan a barcode and put clothes on a hanger is a non-skilled job and doesn't deserve much pay. You can just about train a monkey to do it. Some of the registers for fast food even just have pictures of the items on the touchscreen. a 6 year old could run the register, it doesn't deserve enough pay to raise a family on.

    Minimum wage was originally established as a minimum wage to pay skilled workers - journeyman level and above. As the liberals forced it to apply to all workers it became less and less meaningful. Jobs than an animal can do don't deserve a high wage. Jobs where you have significant training and expertise to do deserve decent pay.
    All valid points which I never diagreed with you on.
    I used scenarios as points to what happens no matter the reason. But to say that no one deserves help no matter theri situation is a broad blanket statement which should not be used for every person, i.e elderly, disabled, mentally retarded ...i use my funds to help as many people that I can afford to help without putting myself into a struggle. I can't see why others cannot do the same.
    I understand that this came about due to a taxation convo but as you can see, I am talking a much broader range here ...
  25. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,225
    Rep Power
    18679
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    42.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Bigrob, in some places it is legal to have multiple wives, here it isn't. Just because racism is "expected" in alabama, does that make it acceptable enough for you to "loled" at it? Shows strong character, ill say.

    I've seen all races get the hook due to racist reasons, blacks, whites, latino, etc...

    No one deserves to be denied anything due to a skin color, religion or sex.

    However, since you think it is amusing, I now see what type of person you are or appear to be...thank you!
  26. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,225
    Rep Power
    18679
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    42.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Hardknock, why dont you just run on a socialist retard platform? Im not even bothering with the other garbage you posted. I can make up scenarios too. Its great until you run out of other peoples money. You want to know the truth? Life isnt fair. And the more you try and make it fair, you more you **** over others. Why should I get into college over someone more qualified because I have a different skin color? I see conditional racism is welcomed. Why should I be punished because my dad worked in real estate while someone elses partied, took no initiative, and worked a dead end job? Why should he?

    Why should I pay for the poors health insurance when I see countless people come into where I work and stuff themselves full of fatty greasy foods and take no interest in their health? Or the 44 year old "actor" who I know my social security and eventual free insurance will have to cover because he never did anything for himself? He followed his dreams and now he doesnt have any plans for retirement. Freedom gives us the ability to determine our own fate. Its not just...oh, only if you do good though. This is freedom. Aint that a bitch, being responsible. For all the people that get ****ed by the system there are infinite more that could have be successes and just didnt take the initiative. For every american without insurance, there are 3 more who have it. Why should that 1 in 4 get free **** because they cant afford it. Hey, I want a Z06. Do I get to have it because I cant afford it? The more you build up this, Im the victim, I want free money, I dont want to work hard to enjoy all the benefits mindset, the more you actually oppress the poor. Youre ***gy little hiptard system gives them the fish, let them teach themselves to be fishers. Its the only way theyll ever make something of themselves. Socialist states do not work.
    You sir are a blind one.

    Where did I state that someone should be given something if the other person is more qualified?
  27. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,888
    Rep Power
    852765
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    All valid points which I never diagreed with you on.
    I used scenarios as points to what happens no matter the reason. But to say that no one deserves help no matter theri situation is a broad blanket statement which should not be used for every person, i.e elderly, disabled, mentally retarded ...i use my funds to help as many people that I can afford to help without putting myself into a struggle. I can't see why others cannot do the same.
    I understand that this came about due to a taxation convo but as you can see, I am talking a much broader range here ...
    I don't disagree that we should help people who need it, but I disagree that it is a function of the federal government. Those are two totally separate questions.

    And we also get into some of the rougher questions at that point. Should someone on state support be allowed to get pregnant? should someone with a hereditary disability that leaves them unable to work be allowed to have children which will carry the same disability? I don't believe so, as for them to have that as a "right" means that my right to pursuit of happiness(keeping my income to spend how I choose) is being abridged.


    There definitely are some people out there who through no fault of their own are in a predicament, yet i'd have to say that 99% of the people it was their own fault. Bernie Madroff's clients who lost money? They all went to him because they thought he had insider trading tips to create returns so much larger than any other investment person. People getting foreclosed on because they "thought" they'd figure out a way to refinance in 3 years after taking a screwball variable mortgage? They either knew the risks, or were too stupid to understand them and thus shouldn't be treated as adults as they apparently don't have the mental capacity, and foreclosure will help them avoid having to understand such complex things in the future by keeping their credit score low. As far as companies cutting back and unemployment? I don't recall it ever being a right to having a job anywhere but communist china + cuba.
  28. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,225
    Rep Power
    18679
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    42.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Texan, open your eyes and read instead of crying foul.

    If a person is more qualified than another but is denied the job due to no real reasons and he is then told that "hey, we just don't agree with your religious beliefs so we can't hire you" then we are not talking about a fair system here. There is no "choice" given here. You can't make yourself be discriminated against. It doesn't happen that way for the most part.
    Obviously if you come to an interview intoxicated or dressed like a hill billy or street thug then they have some reason to be concerned and that would be a foolish choice on your part to come out of attire.
    The thing is that I agree with some of what you are saying but the rest is bs. No one, without need, should be given anything, however, there are people that cannot do so they must be taken care of. I go back to this, how far does your "not giving a damn about a human being" go?
    You are saying we can't help elders, or the physically/mentally disabled? Many of your points need fine tuning.
  29. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,888
    Rep Power
    852765
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    If a person is more qualified than another but is denied the job due to no real reasons and he is then told that "hey, we just don't agree with your religious beliefs so we can't hire you" then we are not talking about a fair system here.
    Just for laughs, what is unfair about that? For starters, you would have had to make your religious beliefs known in some way for them to say that, which is a silly idea before having a job. Secondly, why shouldn't a person who owns a private business be allowed to pick and choose who he hires by whatever means he wants since he owns the business? Do you think that if everyone is a mormon for instance that a person who isn't would fit into the company culture anyhow?
  30. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,225
    Rep Power
    18679
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    42.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    One thing to note again about your comment bigrob...you are saying exactly what I feel is wrong. Billion dollar companies are outsourcing work to people making a pathetic wages in a foreign country. So I assume that you think that this is ok as long as it doesn't affect you, right?

    You probably think that its funny too, right? Hmmm, somewhat hypocritical when discussing slave driving ... I am waiting on the argument that it is acceptable to work them like that "over there" or if it weren't for americans crying for more pay when they don't deserve it, it wouldn't be this way. Or my fav, the government has the system so screwed until company's are forced to seek cheap labor outside the U.S.

    There's that word again, forced.
  31. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,225
    Rep Power
    18679
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    42.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Why should I pay for the poors health insurance when I see countless people come into where I work and stuff themselves full of fatty greasy foods and take no interest in their health?
    You have a very skewed way of thinking, very one sided ... There could be countless reason why a person has to seek healthcare ... You are only looking at it from one perspective, at least from your post is what I gather.
  32. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,225
    Rep Power
    18679
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    42.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I don't disagree that we should help people who need it, but I disagree that it is a function of the federal government. Those are two totally separate questions.

    And we also get into some of the rougher questions at that point. Should someone on state support be allowed to get pregnant? should someone with a hereditary disability that leaves them unable to work be allowed to have children which will carry the same disability? I don't believe so, as for them to have that as a "right" means that my right to pursuit of happiness(keeping my income to spend how I choose) is being abridged.


    There definitely are some people out there who through no fault of their own are in a predicament, yet i'd have to say that 99% of the people it was their own fault. Bernie Madroff's clients who lost money? They all went to him because they thought he had insider trading tips to create returns so much larger than any other investment person. People getting foreclosed on because they "thought" they'd figure out a way to refinance in 3 years after taking a screwball variable mortgage? They either knew the risks, or were too stupid to understand them and thus shouldn't be treated as adults as they apparently don't have the mental capacity, and foreclosure will help them avoid having to understand such complex things in the future by keeping their credit score low. As far as companies cutting back and unemployment? I don't recall it ever being a right to having a job anywhere but communist china + cuba.
    Once again, valid points of ehich o do not totally diagree with. Most of what you are saying is true. It wasn't until I misinterpreted your message as no one deserves any help no matter the reason for the situation. Some of your methods I agree 100 percent, actions of getting there 75 percent ... overall, I can agree with your outlook
  33. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    31,888
    Rep Power
    852765
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    Once again, valid points of ehich o do not totally diagree with. Most of what you are saying is true. It wasn't until I misinterpreted your message as no one deserves any help no matter the reason for the situation. Some of your methods I agree 100 percent, actions of getting there 75 percent ... overall, I can agree with your outlook
    my problem is that like always for every 1 who deserves help there are 50-100 that don't, but will abuse the system to sponge off others. And then they will raise children who believe that is right, and do the same. You can see this issue if you look at Liverpool in the UK for instance. They call these programs entitlements because once a person starts using them, they begin to believe they are entitled to the free money.

    And TexasTitan was correct in some ways on health care. Is there some reason anyone but the person themselves should pay for health care for issues related to smoking, drinking alcohol, overeating and not exercising? those are all issues 100% within the person's own control that they need to take responsibility for. People complain about how expensive healthcare is, but forget that even 30 years ago if you were diagnosed with high blood pressure and bad cholesterol, your choice would be to die, or to get your diet under control and exercise. Now people end up on 3 different pharmaceuticals to control that instead, and never even bother with the exercise or diet control. There is no reason why 1 penny of my earned $ should go towards paying for those prescriptions. Particularly with there already being other programs for those who are in need, and that we've reached the point where a greater percentage of people are overweight than are healthy weights.

    Also, the outsourcing of work to foreign countries is just another part of the supply/demand equation for wages. If its possible to get a job done for $1/2 x dollars an hour, who is going to pay $x ? You live that way yourself i'm sure, when you go to get a haircut, or any other service related activity you certainly look at the price and if the quality will be substantially the same you pick the lower cost. The problem is that people in the US have come to (since the 1970s) expect an artificially high standard of living. The skill level of the majority of americans hasn't improved substantially, yet their relative expectation of what luxury goods they should own just by having an unskilled job has gone up exponentially.
  34. Advanced Member
    bigrobbierob's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    7811
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    16.73%

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    Bigrob, in some places it is legal to have multiple wives, here it isn't. Just because racism is "expected" in alabama, does that make it acceptable enough for you to "loled" at it? Shows strong character, ill say.
    IMO it's more akin to moving to Alaska and complaining it's cold than comparing it to polygamy. Though I guess I could use polygamy in it to say if you move to Utah don't be surprised if you see a guy with multiple wives. When in a place where certain things shouldn't be surprising, then don't be surprised when certain things happen.

    However, since you think it is amusing, I now see what type of person you are or appear to be...thank you!
    Hmm....Criticize me for stereotyping then stereotype me and jump to unfounded conclusions yourself.
  35. Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,543
    Rep Power
    2677
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    20.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Why aren't they being reemployed? Has the well of human want run dry, and no one wants anything they can provide? Doubtful. So why do they remain unemployed?

    And your statement that rich people live off the poor is ridiculous, people live off of each other. Where would all those workers be without the machines that allowed them to manufacture 100 widgets per hour as opposed to 10 per hour so they're labor is more in demand? Who provided the factory? The salaries in advance of sales? Etc. etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    I am not sure that what you typed actually makes any valid points, unless you are a one-way-joe, tbh.

    So, what have poor people done to deserve help?

    Let's take this very real scenario:::

    Some have had the misfortune of being forced into those situations. I agree that there are people out there that suck off of the government, I'll totally agree with that. Just like there are millionaires out there that put their DOGS AND CATS on their taxes in order to cheat on them. Neither side is just in this case though...i will agree.

    However, take someone who has gone through masters, and earned a phd, or undergrad, earned a nice paying job, only to be told that their position is no longer needed due to "downsizing".

    Now, they are out of work for several months. In this case they use up all of their resources(this puts them in that "poor" category) and need government assistance because the owners of these same "rich multimillion dollar" companies, who pay these "high taxes", will not hire them. This could be due to lack of qualifications, downsizing, or if you really want to dive into it, basic racism.

    Now, I ask you, what did those people do to deserve being discriminated against and left for dead with no job after doing EVERYTHING that those "rich people" did?

    Remember, the rich, 85% of the time, have gotten rich using individuals who can barely live above poverty at times. Without these low paid wage workers, most of these billionaires, and millionaires would not even exist. Let's not even talk about these low life b@@stards who take their worker's overtime and it mysteriously disappears, or work people off the clock. I have no pity for many of these people.

    I ask you again, who the hell deserves what?
  36. New Member
    statik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    36
    Posts
    173
    Rep Power
    149
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    35.45%

    Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    If i dont pay for it, it is free.

    I have no idea what a WHO is....
    That would be the World Health Organization... and it might be free to YOU if YOU aren't paying for it, but nothing is free in this world. Somebody always has to pay.
  37. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,225
    Rep Power
    18679
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    42.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by CDB View Post
    Why aren't they being reemployed? Has the well of human want run dry, and no one wants anything they can provide? Doubtful. So why do they remain unemployed?

    And your statement that rich people live off the poor is ridiculous, people live off of each other. Where would all those workers be without the machines that allowed them to manufacture 100 widgets per hour as opposed to 10 per hour so they're labor is more in demand? Who provided the factory? The salaries in advance of sales? Etc. etc.
    I am not sure what you are talking about? Are you blind? I said that many low wage workers are the main tool of the rich. Walk into any Walmart and ask anyone what their pay is, 90 percent will say minimum wage. The managers salaries are a bit better...assistants 38-60, co-mngrs 60-75, store mngrs 100,000-225,000.

    That compares to nothing when talking about regional mngr and vice presidents of the Co.
    The fact that you would say I am lying is unheard of to me.
    Why would you deny something so blatant? So you are saying that the rich got rich by purely hard work? So, let's see, none of them ever abused any workers? None of them ever took overtime from any workers or worked them off of the clock? Yeah, that's why walmart has one of the highest class action incidents in the industry.

    Any and every respectable ceo, owner, store level manager will bet their lives that they could not be where they are if not for "the little" people...i am not sure wtf type of world you live in where you can deny what I am typing is inaccurate. I never said all people with money are like this, I said a large portion.
    If you deny this then you are blind as hell dude.
  38. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,225
    Rep Power
    18679
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    42.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Just for laughs, what is unfair about that? For starters, you would have had to make your religious beliefs known in some way for them to say that, which is a silly idea before having a job. Secondly, why shouldn't a person who owns a private business be allowed to pick and choose who he hires by whatever means he wants since he owns the business? Do you think that if everyone is a mormon for instance that a person who isn't would fit into the company culture anyhow?
    Lol, easy, I used to be a hiring mngr, people ask those q, though it is against policy to do so. They noticed something of my attire and they asked me so I told them, wtf? was I going to lie, hell no! The truth would have come out in a few weeks anyway.

    If the policy states that you must go barefoot to enter this establishment and I say no, I am wearing my shoes then they have a right to throw me out. You are correct....however, if the rules state, dress shoes must be worn then they have no right to throw me out because I have on boots but not dress shoes. Who's to say that boots aren't dress shoes in my culture?
    Take costco for example. Costco has a public policy that states that they do not discriminate against religion, race or sex. It is public policy and they also state that anyone found in violation of this rule will be met with significant punishment.
    Ok, if a mngr denies a person more qualified but is a female, for some guy that know squat, that is in direct violation of company policy. I am not talking morally, I am talking legally here. And, what usually happens is what happened in my area, lawsuit, settlement, mngr fired, simple.

    On another note, morally, is it ok for me to say that I am not going to sell supplements to blacks or whites or I am not going to do computer work for blacks or whites just because I "hear" blacks steal and whites are trash?
    That would be me being prejudice by stereotyping a race. Is this "acceptable" behavior? No, It:s not.
    Discrimination should not be acceptable.
  39. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,225
    Rep Power
    18679
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    42.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by bigrobbierob View Post
    IMO it's more akin to moving to Alaska and complaining it's cold than comparing it to polygamy. Though I guess I could use polygamy in it to say if you move to Utah don't be surprised if you see a guy with multiple wives. When in a place where certain things shouldn't be surprising, then don't be surprised when certain things happen.



    Hmm....Criticize me for stereotyping then stereotype me and jump to unfounded conclusions yourself.
    Ok, I will not stereotype you, let us make it easier ... do you have a particular dislike for people of a different race just based on their race or sex?
  40. Professional Member
    hardknock's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,225
    Rep Power
    18679
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    42.9%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    my problem is that like always for every 1 who deserves help there are 50-100 that don't, but will abuse the system to sponge off others. And then they will raise children who believe that is right, and do the same. You can see this issue if you look at Liverpool in the UK for instance. They call these programs entitlements because once a person starts using them, they begin to believe they are entitled to the free money.

    And TexasTitan was correct in some ways on health care. Is there some reason anyone but the person themselves should pay for health care for issues related to smoking, drinking alcohol, overeating and not exercising? those are all issues 100% within the person's own control that they need to take responsibility for. People complain about how expensive healthcare is, but forget that even 30 years ago if you were diagnosed with high blood pressure and bad cholesterol, your choice would be to die, or to get your diet under control and exercise. Now people end up on 3 different pharmaceuticals to control that instead, and never even bother with the exercise or diet control. There is no reason why 1 penny of my earned $ should go towards paying for those prescriptions. Particularly with there already being other programs for those who are in need, and that we've reached the point where a greater percentage of people are overweight than are healthy weights.
    Yeah but when's the last time you seen a GP recommend exercise without also trying this new expensive drug on the side? 3yrs ago my gp tried to do that and I was like hell no, I don't need those meds I can get my choles under control. he said I couldn't without drugs, ok? my choles is as low as it has been it 8 yrs.
    Everyone can't be like you and I, Easy. Then when you have an "authority" figure pushing "take this magic pill" people's actions get skewed severely. You agree? Those docs aren't innocent in all of this either you know.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Merry Christmas to my Home on the Internet!
    By Guest in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-26-2009, 01:11 PM
  2. Helping My Sister
    By Zombie Inc in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-06-2009, 03:27 AM
  3. did my sister just get ripped off
    By Brolic in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 02:04 AM
  4. Where did sister Supreme go?
    By RoadBlocK in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 02:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in