Setting up for health care rationing

1. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.34%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Setting up for health care rationing

So is anyone impressed by a Governmental agency saying women don't need mammograms till 50? When the the age group says 1 in 37 will get cancer BY age 50? A reason to deny life saving preventative screenings?

What are your thoughts?
    The Historic PES Legend

2. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

They need to figure out ways to on paper save costs so that they can pretend it won't raise the deficit. This is one of those ways, that by stating they they can pretend to save $x a year even if they as soon as the bill is passed recant this
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  3. Banned
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

So, since the govt says it isn't essential, one would assume that govt HC (aka Univerasal HC) won't pay for it before age 50, as they wouldn't any procedure deemed to be superfluous. Therefore, I wonder if there will be any protection from litigation for doctors who won't be at liberty to recommend them anymore to women under 50. If not, then you can be sure the trial lawyers are already salivating over this.

Without any sort of tort reform, this new legislation will create a friggin feeding frenzy for the ambulance chasing trial lawyers. But like the unions, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America has the whole democratic party in their pocket.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.89%

I don't know how many people actually use government health care, so let me explain a little bit about how it works.

I'm in the military and stationed over 100 miles from the nearest military base, so I have to use Tricare Prime Remote.

Now, I needed to go see the dentist to get my semi-annual cleaning. I can't just go to any dentist. I have to go to one approved by the Tricare office, and in a city of 200,000 people there is only ONE dentist who is approved. Now, I can't just go there to get my teeth cleaned. I have to call up the Tricare office to get an appointment approved through them first, have them contact the dentist to set the appointment up, and call back to find out when the appointment is scheduled.

Talk about friggin bureaucracy!!

Ok, for my family it gets even worse. My wife's doctor recommended that she get gastric bypass surgery to help her lose some weight caused by depression. She's a disabled veteran who suffers from PTSD from her time in Desert Storm where she served as a Navy Corpsmen with the Marines. She also has high blood pressure and has had her ankle reconstructed three times.

BUT, even though the doctor recommended the surgery, she has to get approval through the Tricare bureaucracy, and they disapproved her claim.

You know what the Tricare office told her? She needs to gain another 20 lbs and then they'll approve her for the surgery.

Is THIS what you want to deal with?

Think about it when they talk about the public option.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.34%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by enswalters View Post
    I don't know how many people actually use government health care, so let me explain a little bit about how it works.

I'm in the military and stationed over 100 miles from the nearest military base, so I have to use Tricare Prime Remote.

Now, I needed to go see the dentist to get my semi-annual cleaning. I can't just go to any dentist. I have to go to one approved by the Tricare office, and in a city of 200,000 people there is only ONE dentist who is approved. Now, I can't just go there to get my teeth cleaned. I have to call up the Tricare office to get an appointment approved through them first, have them contact the dentist to set the appointment up, and call back to find out when the appointment is scheduled.

Talk about friggin bureaucracy!!

Ok, for my family it gets even worse. My wife's doctor recommended that she get gastric bypass surgery to help her lose some weight caused by depression. She's a disabled veteran who suffers from PTSD from her time in Desert Storm where she served as a Navy Corpsmen with the Marines. She also has high blood pressure and has had her ankle reconstructed three times.

BUT, even though the doctor recommended the surgery, she has to get approval through the Tricare bureaucracy, and they disapproved her claim.

You know what the Tricare office told her? She needs to gain another 20 lbs and then they'll approve her for the surgery.

Is THIS what you want to deal with?

Think about it when they talk about the public option.
    Man, i feel your pain. While I was in the military dealing with Tricare was TERRIBLE. Not only trying to get a physician in the local economy, but also going to the base clinic was terrible. If you were sick you had to make sure you were calling the base clinic at 7:01am to see if someone cancelled their appointment so you can get a sick call, otherwise, they will see you next month.
    The Historic PES Legend

Similar Forum Threads

1. Veteran health care, WTF?
    By jim623 in forum Politics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 12:49 PM
  2. Fight Government Encroachment into Health Care!
    By DAdams91982 in forum Politics
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 01:57 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-27-2005, 03:05 PM
  4. Canadian Health Care vs US Health Care
    By CDB in forum Politics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-25-2005, 11:30 AM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-17-2005, 09:18 PM