- 09-16-2009, 04:53 PM
- 09-16-2009, 05:21 PM
09-17-2009, 11:31 AM
It's all bull****. Which is what makes me laugh. All this crap right now between the Republicans and Democrats about this bill. Like it's really not going to pass. Sure... And like it's not going to be a bloated piece of **** that increases their power over the industry and reduces our choices/benefits, and as if anyone doesn't know that all they really give a **** about is making sure their particular special interests get properly greased. Anyone who doesn't get an adequate reach around in the initial bill will get taken care of when it goes to conference, and the final bill will come out reading longer and dryer than War and Peace and in language that may as well be foreign with all the provisos and qualifications and references to other bills and portions of bills, such that no one without at least an IQ of 190 or above and a terminally whistling nose will be able to read and understand it.
09-19-2009, 01:56 AM
As someone with over 24 years of experience working for the Federal government, I can tell you firsthand that the amount of waste and corruption is unbelieveable. Instead of trying to cut costs, low level managers and supervisors are given instructions to spend every penny of their budgets for fear that they won't get enough money the next year.
Specific examples of the kinds of waste typical in the government:
1) A cleaning contract for a building that was quoted at $25,000 a year ended up costing $90,000 a year because it had to go to a minority/women-owned business to meet a quota.
2) "Cost plus" contracts that basically guarantee a hefty profit for defense contractors. The higher the cost, the more profit they make.
3) Hiring commercial ships (i.e. car carriers) to move Army tanks, humvees, etc. even though the Army has their own ships that could transport all the cargo.
I could go on and on, but the bottom line is the Federal government isn't working for a profit and there is no incentive to be fiscally conservative.
The only thing we can do is demand smaller government. Cut back on defense spending. Stop the growth of entitlement programs like medicare and social security, even if it means taking a hard-line stance like freezing the budget.
Most importantly, refuse to let the same corrupt Congressman to be re-elected year after year. Don't be blinded by voting either Republican or Democrat. They're both corrupt.
09-21-2009, 09:19 AM
Agreed, but they're also essentially rigged the system and, more importantly, got most people believing a vote for anyone but either major party is 'wasted'.Most importantly, refuse to let the same corrupt Congressman to be re-elected year after year. Don't be blinded by voting either Republican or Democrat. They're both corrupt.
Similar Forum Threads
- By EasyEJL in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 99Last Post: 10-12-2010, 01:34 AM
- By lutherblsstt in forum PoliticsReplies: 123Last Post: 05-04-2009, 08:21 AM
- By David Dunn in forum General ChatReplies: 28Last Post: 11-09-2008, 03:26 PM
- By prld2gr8ns in forum General ChatReplies: 3Last Post: 07-18-2007, 08:57 PM
- By LCSULLA in forum General ChatReplies: 44Last Post: 07-02-2004, 09:38 AM