You lie!

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Its a tactic Obama and many liberals have been finely honing. try to marginalize you as a rabble rouser, like they tried to say about people actually wanting answers at town halls. Or try to marginalize you by calling you racist, or ignorant, or whatever.
    indeed.

they make people who want to be informed the enemy.

2. David Axelrod says we are wrong when he sees this:

912 March on Washington
    More pictures

How can you argue with such sound judgement?...
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by SokVichet View Post
    David Axelrod says we are wrong when he sees this:

912 March on Washington
    More pictures

How can you argue with such sound judgement?...

good pictures. some of those signs are hilarious, but true.

the one that got me is what you can do for you country not your president.

4. Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    good pictures. some of those signs are hilarious, but true.

the one that got me is what you can do for you country not your president.
    That was the one that stood out to me as well! I regret that I could not participate, but the sheer number of people on the lawn was inspiring. It's amazing how easily the turnout was denied by the President and his staff.

5. Quote Originally Posted by SokVichet View Post
    That was the one that stood out to me as well! I regret that I could not participate, but the sheer number of people on the lawn was inspiring. It's amazing how easily the turnout was denied by the President and his staff.

yup. its bull**** how they blatantly control media so that people will never hear about it, or it will be dumbed down to say all these people are radicals. Do people know why we revolted and left england in the first place 200 years ago??? Not because of the king, it was because of his parlor making all the bull**** laws and doing things that were ridiculous.
    When did it become okay to have CZARS in America.
    My great grandfather passed away early yesterday morning, Jesus bless his soul....but guess what I'm happy he went now. Before he gets neglected in the new AWESOME healthcare system.

In less seriousnes...I hope Chuck Norris roundhouse kicks Obama, Pelosi, Geithner and the rest of those clowns in the face.

6. We've had Czars for a looooong time now... Regan era if I'm not mistaken.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    We've had Czars for a looooong time now... Regan era if I'm not mistaken.
    fairly recent in the long scheme.

8. Recent in the timeline of our country but not so much when people try and say that Obama was somehow the creator. Been around for a couple of decades.
  9. Never enough

yeah, but Reagan only had 1 if I recall correctly, Obama doubled the number that Bush had
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

10. Drug Czar, yeah the one I think...
    •   

11. Nothing like the power of the executive branch gaining more and more power without being vetted by congress. No matter who it is under, dems, pubs, indys... Czars are unconstitutional... bottom line.
    The Historic PES Legend

12. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Nothing like the power of the executive branch gaining more and more power without being vetted by congress. No matter who it is under, dems, pubs, indys... Czars are unconstitutional... bottom line.
    Nobody gives a **** about the constitution and what it does and does not authorize. If they did we wouldn't have 90% of our current government.

13. Quote Originally Posted by CDB View Post
    Nobody gives a **** about the constitution and what it does and does not authorize. If they did we wouldn't have 90% of our current government.
    Not to mentions any one of the failing federal social programs we "Enjoy" today. Every power has been stripped of the state.
    The Historic PES Legend

14. Quote Originally Posted by CDB View Post
    Or the one that proceeded it, or for that matter the one that allowed Joe McCarthy his Nazi few years of fame and persecution.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    Or the one that proceeded it, or for that matter the one that allowed Joe McCarthy his Nazi few years of fame and persecution.
    By current government I meant the one that exists now going roughly back to Lincoln, if not further.

Not everything is about Obama.

16. Quote Originally Posted by CDB View Post
    By current government I meant the one that exists now going roughly back to Lincoln, if not further.

Not everything is about Obama.
    My new book coming out "The Era of Arrogance"
    The Historic PES Legend

17. When a politician guarantees a bill will pass before it is written... you might be close to tyranny...
    The Historic PES Legend

18. Wilson should not have apologized.Obama spent half his speech up to that point calling the reps. liers then dems. get upset when someone returns the favor.And Obama was lieing. Even the congressional research service said this bill could allow illegals to be covered. I was talking to a guy about this situation and he said," this has never happened before.Reps should be more civil".I asked him if he knew dems booed Bush when he gave his speech or that 2 dems had stood on the floor of the house and called Bush a lier.He said," well he was". How do you argue with someone who doesn't even know they just destroyed their own arguement about civility.I just laughed and walked away.

19. Quote Originally Posted by 416 View Post
    Wilson should not have apologized.Obama spent half his speech up to that point calling the reps. liers then dems. get upset when someone returns the favor.And Obama was lieing. Even the congressional research service said this bill could allow illegals to be covered.I was talking to a guy about this situation and he said this has never happened before.Reps should be more civil.I asked him if he knew dems booed Bush when he gave his speech or that 2 dems had stood on the floor of the house and called Bush a lier.He said," well he was". How do you argue with someone who doesn't even know they just destroyed their own arguement about civility.I just laughed and walked away.
    The stupid is strong in this country.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

20. The irony is as well...

21. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    The irony is as well...
    Are you referring to me, sir? Do you bite your thumb at me??
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

22. Just an observation on a certain quote is all, sir. Nothing directed towards you

23. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Just an observation on a certain quote is all, sir. Nothing directed towards you
    If you are saying Bush was a lier then i guess so were the other countries leaders and other countries intelligence agencies who said there were wmd.Not to mention Clinton who said the same when he was pres.Wrong does not = lie.

24. ... Nope, wasn't saying that at all.

25. Bush is irrelevant. This is another game of we can but you can't which both parties play. They all feign horror at actions taken by the other side which they themselves have done in the past. It's all bull****, it's all a distraction.

The only thing relevant to Joe Wilson and the current round of BS is that he screwed up, technically breaking house rules, but more to the point he gave liberals a focus point. Either here or elsewhere, during the campaign I said Obama lived in the typical liberal echo chamber and that as a result you'd see the typical liberal smears of 'racist' and what not thrown around, but because they were directed at amorphous groups like anti Obama voters in general or people opposed to this or that policy of his, or critical of this or that association of his, it would be largely ineffective, and liberals would be shocked. Which has been the case up until now.

A personal insult needs a person for it to be directed toward in order to have any effect. Joe Wilson in interrupting Obama and calling him a liar, correct or incorrect, gave the Dems that person. A southern white male who defended Strom in the past. Some independents may care, I doubt many Republicans do, but Wilson just energized the Democrat base by giving them a new person to hate. A big advantage the Republicans have had as of late is the lack of a focus for Democrat ire and slurs, which is why the Dems were so busy trying to keep Cheney and Bush as an issue with potential investigations and what not while slurring random anonymous grandmothers and grandfather at townhall meetings. They just lost that advantage to a degree because Wilson, with his poor timing and context, put a face to the opposition.

26. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Its a tactic Obama and many liberals have been finely honing. try to marginalize you as a rabble rouser, like they tried to say about people actually wanting answers at town halls. Or try to marginalize you by calling you racist, or ignorant, or whatever.
    do you mean kinda like a previous administration calling libs "not patriotic" for not supporting the war in iraq and/or the patriot act?

lets face it, both sides are full of sh!t and try their darnedest to pass their agenda along at the expense of the average person. Neither side truly gives a rat ass about anyone who disagrees with them. They will just use whatever tactic they can to demorialize and demean. None of this will change folks, and the constant b!tching about it wont do diddly, except make a change every 4 years, and boy that is always helpful

27. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    do you mean kinda like a previous administration calling libs "not patriotic" for not supporting the war in iraq and/or the patriot act?

lets face it, both sides are full of sh!t and try their darnedest to pass their agenda along at the expense of the average person. Neither side truly gives a rat ass about anyone who disagrees with them. They will just use whatever tactic they can to demorialize and demean. None of this will change folks, and the constant b!tching about it wont do diddly, except make a change every 4 years, and boy that is always helpful
    so what do we actually do to make a difference?

28. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    I'm wondering where those anti-war activists are now that their own man is expanding our involvement in the middle east back towards Afghanistan... It appears their efforts were less about the war and more about politics, from what I observe. I do agree that the two parties are different sides of the same coin.

Back on topic:

The Senate has clearly admitted Joe Wilson's message was correct (regardless of how inappropriately timed it might have been). Twice the dems have shot down provisions to ensure illegal aliens are not covered by the public option, and now they are suddenly backing it. Of course the media will not cover this change of direction, and will continue to demonize the poor-mannered Wilson as a representative of the racist radical right (soon to be wearing white hoods and proclaiming themselves the RRR, of course).

But make no mistake about it, BO plans to fulfill his campaign promise to give amnesty to the estimated ~20 million illegals in the country, making this argument over alien insurance coverage irrelevant. First healthcare, then Card Check (unionization of all industries), followed by amnesty are his "must pass" initiatives to gain a critical mass of American entitlement. He has explained this agenda from the beginning of his campaign trail.
  29. Never enough

Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post

The difference there was that there is a difference between "not patriotic" and "lunatic who shouldn't be allowed to speak in public and should have their first amendment rights revoked"
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

30. Quote Originally Posted by carpee View Post
    so what do we actually do to make a difference?
    this is a major concern. For decades, we have sat on our collective asses and done little to change anything (myself included). We have let it get to the point where there truly is little we can do, because regardless of who we vote for the political lines are blurred and we get the same garbage.

I am sure many here will shout and scream for "revolution", but would never do it, as they realize their lives truly are not that terrible. Once the public sentiment gets bad enough, we will be placated by lowering gas prices a bit, or further troop withdrawl, or whatever will appease the blind masses.

We must face it, we are stuck, and it is our own fault