Ted Kennedy Dies

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Logo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    152
    Rep Power
    147
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    79.08%

    Ted Kennedy Dies



  2. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7018

    Its from FoxNews. Can't be true.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  3. New Member
    Logo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    152
    Rep Power
    147
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    79.08%

    You're right. Damn!
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    youngandfree's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    2271
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    21.19%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Why does everyone just dismiss Foxnews without any semblance objectivity? It would be like every person you come into contact with assume you are a knuckle dragging neanderthal without even giving you the opportunity to prove it.

    Ted Kennedy is dead.
  5. jim623
    Guest
    jim623's Avatar

    No comment on Mr. Kennedy.
  6. New Member
    Logo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    152
    Rep Power
    147
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    79.08%

    youngandfree, I think he was being sarcastic. I know I was.
  7. New Member
    samva777's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    178
    Rep Power
    161
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    82.28%

    He was a murderer that had a lot of money and the rules didnt apply to him. He should have died in a prison.
  8. Senior Member
    youngandfree's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,285
    Rep Power
    2271
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    21.19%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Cool no problem then. Then my comment was just directed at those that do feel that way. All media is biased one way or the other. I think you have to look at both sides and use a brain cell or two to determine what is at the bottom of the story.
  9. Banned
    roids1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,394
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    86.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    They should build a memorial on Chappaquid**** Island or rename it after him.
  10. Senior Member
    thegodfather's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Power
    113184
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    19.64%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jim623 View Post
    No comment on Mr. Kennedy.

    I'm with you, though sad he died. I dont wish death on anybody, well I take that back............(cough) rapists (cough) molesters.
    Remember why you started.
  11. New Member
    Logo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    152
    Rep Power
    147
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    79.08%

    It looks like the Dem's might be trying to capitalize on his death to pass their health care reform.
  12. Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,543
    Rep Power
    2676
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    20.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Logo View Post
    It looks like the Dem's might be trying to capitalize on his death to pass their health care reform.
    Of course they will. Because when a person who, however loved, is an ignoramous when it comes to economics dies, that suspends the laws of economics that made his crazier ideas unworkable in the first place.

    The problem will not be the Dems. This is to be expected of them. The problem will be the blue dogs and the Republicans who let themselves be emasculated by his death for some ridiculous ****ing reason.
  13. Advanced Member
    slacker86's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    838
    Rep Power
    491
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    67.08%

    good ****ing riddance maybe now boston can suck a little less. so ****ing tired of barney frank and kennedy bull****. This state needs a frontal labotomy
  14. Banned
    JW32Hoops's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    8.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    R.I.P.

    stay classy fellas
  15. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11681
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I'm sure Mary Jo Kopechne would wish him a RIP too.
  16. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774632
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    25.2%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by CDB View Post
    ....Because when a person who, however loved, is an ignoramous when it comes to economics dies, that suspends the laws of economics that made his crazier ideas unworkable in the first place.....
    You might need to rephrase this. Your conclusion (suspension of the laws of Economics) does not necessarily follow from your original condition (the death of an economically illiterate).
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  17. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    839
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    31.47%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    You might need to rephrase this. Your conclusion (suspension of the laws of Economics) does not necessarily follow from your original condition (the death of an economically illiterate).
    That and the fact that very few accomplish a small measure of what Ted Kennedy did, even with all of his shortcomings.
  18. Registered User
    CDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,543
    Rep Power
    2676
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    20.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    You might need to rephrase this. Your conclusion (suspension of the laws of Economics) does not necessarily follow from your original condition (the death of an economically illiterate).
    I was being sarcastic. Dems will pull the "Our Health Car Champion is dead, how dare you stand in the way of this legislation and dishonor him..." bull**** when the fact of the matter is the reasons for opposing the plan are still the same, and still sound. The problem is blue dog dems and some Republicans will either be swayed by this bull**** or use it as an excuse to vote for the increase in government power and funding that they want to vote yes on anyway, and are only holding off on it to preserve their careers.
  19. New Member
    samva777's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    178
    Rep Power
    161
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    82.28%

    Disagree


    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    That and the fact that very few accomplish a small measure of what Ted Kennedy did, even with all of his shortcomings.
    He accomplished nothing , riding on the money coattails of his criminal father. His type has virtualy ruined the state they practice there leftist agenda in. Alot of historians think his brother was assasinated because of there Mafia ties its a well known fact his father was well connected with hardcore underworld figures.

    Its the Golden rule those with the gold make the rules at the very least he was guilty of manslaughter but there whole family is used to throwing there weight around 1 of the kennedy daughters who used to disagree with the father was severly lobotomized by the family and died a drooling idiot in an institution , hidden away from the public.

    The whole kennedy family are frauds and the dregs of society
  20. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774632
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    25.2%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by samva777 View Post
    He accomplished nothing , riding on the money coattails of his criminal father. His type has virtualy ruined the state they practice there leftist agenda in. Alot of historians think his brother was assasinated because of there Mafia ties its a well known fact his father was well connected with hardcore underworld figures.

    Its the Golden rule those with the gold make the rules at the very least he was guilty of manslaughter but there whole family is used to throwing there weight around 1 of the kennedy daughters who used to disagree with the father was severly lobotomized by the family and died a drooling idiot in an institution , hidden away from the public.

    The whole kennedy family are frauds and the dregs of society
    Wow! What is this?
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  21. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11681
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    **** if I know but it makes for good reading at 6am.

    That and the fact that very few accomplish a small measure of what Ted Kennedy did, even with all of his shortcomings.
    I don't believe he accomplished much more than being a gifted speaker and even that wasn't a huge thing he had it was just wrapped around who he and his family were.
  22. Banned
    roids1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,394
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    86.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    **** if I know but it makes for good reading at 6am.


    I don't believe he accomplished much more than being a gifted speaker and even that wasn't a huge thing he had
    Sounds eerily similar to the current pres who's pole numbers are tanking. Looks like the messiah may end up being a one termer. In 2010 and again in 2012, we may see some hope and change afterall.
  23. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    839
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    31.47%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by roids1 View Post
    Sounds eerily similar to the current pres who's pole numbers are tanking. Looks like the messiah may end up being a one termer. In 2010 and again in 2012, we may see some hope and change afterall.
    Keep wishing, it's nice to keep hope alive btw, how are your "pole" numbers. Those same straws that were grasped during the campaign are still there.
  24. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    839
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    31.47%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    **** if I know but it makes for good reading at 6am.


    I don't believe he accomplished much more than being a gifted speaker and even that wasn't a huge thing he had it was just wrapped around who he and his family were.
    We could say that about our 43rd president also except the gifted speaker part.
  25. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    839
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    31.47%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by samva777 View Post
    He accomplished nothing , riding on the money coattails of his criminal father. His type has virtualy ruined the state they practice there leftist agenda in. Alot of historians think his brother was assasinated because of there Mafia ties its a well known fact his father was well connected with hardcore underworld figures.

    Its the Golden rule those with the gold make the rules at the very least he was guilty of manslaughter but there whole family is used to throwing there weight around 1 of the kennedy daughters who used to disagree with the father was severly lobotomized by the family and died a drooling idiot in an institution , hidden away from the public.

    The whole kennedy family are frauds and the dregs of society
    And I take it you're in a position to judge.
  26. Banned
    roids1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,394
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    86.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Poll numbers, sorry mate. Gosh you're sharp. They are sinking. Those straws are there, but he's having a harder time grasping apaprently.
  27. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774632
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    25.2%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Great posts, Fastone!
  28. New Member
    samva777's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    178
    Rep Power
    161
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    82.28%

    Historical fact


    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Wow! What is this?
    What part of my post are you not understanding or not beleiveing ?
  29. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    839
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    31.47%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by samva777 View Post
    What part of my post are you not understanding or not beleiveing ?
    First of all while you have a right to have not liked the senator and your "facts" have some truth to them. How does that make the whole Kennedy frauds and or dregs of society. Look at the history of any famous wealthy family and you'll find some of the same situations. They all clawed their way to the top over the bodies of less fortunate, that's the American way, the strong survive. On the other hand the Kennedy family has spent the better part of the last 50 years giving back and trying to help those who are less fortunate. I just don't see where YOU get the right to judge. What have you done
  30. Advanced Member
    slacker86's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    838
    Rep Power
    491
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    67.08%

    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    First of all while you have a right to have not liked the senator and your "facts" have some truth to them. How does that make the whole Kennedy frauds and or dregs of society. Look at the history of any famous wealthy family and you'll find some of the same situations. They all clawed their way to the top over the bodies of less fortunate, that's the American way, the strong survive. On the other hand the Kennedy family has spent the better part of the last 50 years giving back and trying to help those who are less fortunate. I just don't see where YOU get the right to judge. What have you done
    Ok this is kind of not fair for the two points you are trying to make. He has the right to judge everyone in politics, thats how people gain and lose votes. Anyone in politics is under heavy scrutiny as well they should be cause if the general public feels an individual is not doing their job they should be removed from their public position. So as far as judging i feel everyone should be doing that.

    Secondly unless the person u are responding to has a position in government office it doesnt matter what he has or has not done its not his job to do it, thats why there are elected officials, to do the jobs that the people cannot do for whatever reason. This is what they get paid to do, and yes im sure they donate and do plenty of out of pocket work (especially during terms where they need to be voted in, not saying just the kennedys but every politician does it for posterity thats how it works).

    I personally dislike they way ted kennedy ran his office. I am entitled to my position/opinion because he is a public government official, and just because im not out feeding the homeless (today, actually on sundays i do), doesnt mean my or any other persons opinion is less important. And further more if thats truly how u feel then we should probably do away with voting for presidents right? It seems to me with that position you would have a bunch of rich, politician like individuals to decide the fate of the country which if u believe in thats great but i rather see voting polls goto the people and the general public make their decision.
  31. Diamond Member
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,754
    Rep Power
    774632
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    25.2%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by samva777 View Post
    What part of my post are you not understanding or not beleiveing ?
    Basically your entire post, especially this part:

    Quote Originally Posted by samva777
    ...The whole kennedy family are frauds and the dregs of society.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  32. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11681
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    We could say that about a lot of people but I was not comparing him to anyone else. You're barking up the wrong tree if you're trying to turn this into a D V R debate or something similar. As a voting member of the US I have the right to judge the actions or inactions of those in a public office. His ONLY job is to give back to the people he represents while in office. To act like he did something above and beyond is far from honest. He enjoyed may fruits from what he did as well. Do not act as if he's done this completely out of charity with no return.
  33. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    839
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    31.47%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by slacker86 View Post
    Ok this is kind of not fair for the two points you are trying to make. He has the right to judge everyone in politics, thats how people gain and lose votes. Anyone in politics is under heavy scrutiny as well they should be cause if the general public feels an individual is not doing their job they should be removed from their public position. So as far as judging i feel everyone should be doing that.

    Secondly unless the person u are responding to has a position in government office it doesnt matter what he has or has not done its not his job to do it, thats why there are elected officials, to do the jobs that the people cannot do for whatever reason. This is what they get paid to do, and yes im sure they donate and do plenty of out of pocket work (especially during terms where they need to be voted in, not saying just the kennedys but every politician does it for posterity thats how it works).

    I personally dislike they way ted kennedy ran his office. I am entitled to my position/opinion because he is a public government official, and just because im not out feeding the homeless (today, actually on sundays i do), doesnt mean my or any other persons opinion is less important. And further more if thats truly how u feel then we should probably do away with voting for presidents right? It seems to me with that position you would have a bunch of rich, politician like individuals to decide the fate of the country which if u believe in thats great but i rather see voting polls goto the people and the general public make their decision.
    I have no problem with the right to judge him as a public official. To judge the whole Kennedy family as "frauds or "dregs of society" is quite a bit much.
  34. Banned
    JW32Hoops's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    8.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    As Jayhawkk said, Kennedy was beholden to his constituents in MA, and the majority of those folks preferred to keep him as their Senate representative time and time again. There were 21,000 people, in 3.5 hour lines stretched around the block to view his casket...sounds like the people of MA were grateful for his service.

    To each their own. If you're not satisfied with a representative, you can certainly exercise your right to vote them out or state your opinions on them in a civilized manner. There are varying political points of view in this country, which is part of what makes the US great.
  35. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11681
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I don't hold much faith in people nor their actions. People lining up around the block for a guy they probably knew little about may have been the same ones that didn't fly down to see a close relative buried... I base all of my opinions by what I know and can prove, at least in my mind, before accepting anything as fact.

    When senority and holding positions of chairman etc become any part of a priority or goal, I no longer hold any faith on that person's personal goals being in line with mine. I am biased and very cautious of positions of influence though, so take that in to consideration
  36. Banned
    JW32Hoops's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    8.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    People lining up around the block for a guy they probably knew little about may have been the same ones that didn't fly down to see a close relative buried...
    I couldn't begin to speculate about the relationships those individuals may have had with their relatives, or if they attend the funerals of others. Was just echoing your point that Kennedy (like all representatives) are beholden first and foremost to their constituents......and those constituents seemed to offer him strong support through their votes and their presence at his wake.


    Anyhoo...it's the end of an era in the Senate, so to speak. Time to reflect on the man and his accomplishments, then move forward, as there is much work to be done.
  37. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11681
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.75%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Like completely starting over with term limits?
  38. New Member
    samva777's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    178
    Rep Power
    161
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    82.28%

    Past actions


    Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    I couldn't begin to speculate about the relationships those individuals may have had with their relatives, or if they attend the funerals of others. Was just echoing your point that Kennedy (like all representatives) are beholden first and foremost to their constituents......and those constituents seemed to offer him strong support through their votes and their presence at his wake.


    Anyhoo...it's the end of an era in the Senate, so to speak. Time to reflect on the man and his accomplishments, then move forward, as there is much work to be done.
    Past actions are good indicator of future actions also the foundation I.E. the family a person grows up around has a lot to do with shaping the character of the person, are there exceptions to the rule of course but most of the time this truism holds.
  39. Senior Member
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    839
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    31.47%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Like completely starting over with term limits?
    That's something I think we all could agree on cause there's old fogeys on both sides that should have been long gone.
  40. New Member
    samva777's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    178
    Rep Power
    161
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    82.28%
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 85
    Last Post: 12-19-2010, 04:04 PM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-10-2010, 08:45 PM
  3. Actor Bernie Mac dies at 50
    By David Dunn in forum General Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 01:53 PM
  4. Ted Kennedy to Drop Club Membership
    By MaynardMeek in forum Politics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-19-2006, 03:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in