I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its from FoxNews. Can't be true.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Why does everyone just dismiss Foxnews without any semblance objectivity? It would be like every person you come into contact with assume you are a knuckle dragging neanderthal without even giving you the opportunity to prove it.

Ted Kennedy is dead.

Logo

Awards
youngandfree, I think he was being sarcastic. I know I was. ;)

samva777

Awards
He was a murderer that had a lot of money and the rules didnt apply to him. He should have died in a prison.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Cool no problem then. Then my comment was just directed at those that do feel that way. All media is biased one way or the other. I think you have to look at both sides and use a brain cell or two to determine what is at the bottom of the story.

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
They should build a memorial on Chappaquid**** Island or rename it after him.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
No comment on Mr. Kennedy.

I'm with you, though sad he died. I dont wish death on anybody, well I take that back............(cough) rapists (cough) molesters.

Logo

Awards
It looks like the Dem's might be trying to capitalize on his death to pass their health care reform.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
It looks like the Dem's might be trying to capitalize on his death to pass their health care reform.
Of course they will. Because when a person who, however loved, is an ignoramous when it comes to economics dies, that suspends the laws of economics that made his crazier ideas unworkable in the first place.

The problem will not be the Dems. This is to be expected of them. The problem will be the blue dogs and the Republicans who let themselves be emasculated by his death for some ridiculous ****ing reason.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
good ****ing riddance maybe now boston can suck a little less. so ****ing tired of barney frank and kennedy bull****. This state needs a frontal labotomy

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
....Because when a person who, however loved, is an ignoramous when it comes to economics dies, that suspends the laws of economics that made his crazier ideas unworkable in the first place.....
You might need to rephrase this. Your conclusion (suspension of the laws of Economics) does not necessarily follow from your original condition (the death of an economically illiterate).

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
You might need to rephrase this. Your conclusion (suspension of the laws of Economics) does not necessarily follow from your original condition (the death of an economically illiterate).
That and the fact that very few accomplish a small measure of what Ted Kennedy did, even with all of his shortcomings.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I was being sarcastic. Dems will pull the "Our Health Car Champion is dead, how dare you stand in the way of this legislation and dishonor him..." bull**** when the fact of the matter is the reasons for opposing the plan are still the same, and still sound. The problem is blue dog dems and some Republicans will either be swayed by this bull**** or use it as an excuse to vote for the increase in government power and funding that they want to vote yes on anyway, and are only holding off on it to preserve their careers.

samva777

Awards
Disagree

That and the fact that very few accomplish a small measure of what Ted Kennedy did, even with all of his shortcomings.
He accomplished nothing , riding on the money coattails of his criminal father. His type has virtualy ruined the state they practice there leftist agenda in. Alot of historians think his brother was assasinated because of there Mafia ties its a well known fact his father was well connected with hardcore underworld figures.

Its the Golden rule those with the gold make the rules at the very least he was guilty of manslaughter but there whole family is used to throwing there weight around 1 of the kennedy daughters who used to disagree with the father was severly lobotomized by the family and died a drooling idiot in an institution , hidden away from the public.

The whole kennedy family are frauds and the dregs of society

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He accomplished nothing , riding on the money coattails of his criminal father. His type has virtualy ruined the state they practice there leftist agenda in. Alot of historians think his brother was assasinated because of there Mafia ties its a well known fact his father was well connected with hardcore underworld figures.

Its the Golden rule those with the gold make the rules at the very least he was guilty of manslaughter but there whole family is used to throwing there weight around 1 of the kennedy daughters who used to disagree with the father was severly lobotomized by the family and died a drooling idiot in an institution , hidden away from the public.

Wow! What is this? :think:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
**** if I know but it makes for good reading at 6am.

I don't believe he accomplished much more than being a gifted speaker and even that wasn't a huge thing he had it was just wrapped around who he and his family were.

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established

I don't believe he accomplished much more than being a gifted speaker and even that wasn't a huge thing he had
Sounds eerily similar to the current pres who's pole numbers are tanking. Looks like the messiah may end up being a one termer. In 2010 and again in 2012, we may see some hope and change afterall.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Sounds eerily similar to the current pres who's pole numbers are tanking. Looks like the messiah may end up being a one termer. In 2010 and again in 2012, we may see some hope and change afterall.
Keep wishing, it's nice to keep hope alive btw, how are your "pole" numbers:laugh2:. Those same straws that were grasped during the campaign are still there.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established

I don't believe he accomplished much more than being a gifted speaker and even that wasn't a huge thing he had it was just wrapped around who he and his family were.
We could say that about our 43rd president also except the gifted speaker part.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established

And I take it you're in a position to judge.

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Poll numbers, sorry mate. Gosh you're sharp. They are sinking. Those straws are there, but he's having a harder time grasping apaprently.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great posts, Fastone!

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
What part of my post are you not understanding or not beleiveing ?
First of all while you have a right to have not liked the senator and your "facts" have some truth to them. How does that make the whole Kennedy frauds and or dregs of society. Look at the history of any famous wealthy family and you'll find some of the same situations. They all clawed their way to the top over the bodies of less fortunate, that's the American way, the strong survive. On the other hand the Kennedy family has spent the better part of the last 50 years giving back and trying to help those who are less fortunate. I just don't see where YOU get the right to judge. What have you done

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
First of all while you have a right to have not liked the senator and your "facts" have some truth to them. How does that make the whole Kennedy frauds and or dregs of society. Look at the history of any famous wealthy family and you'll find some of the same situations. They all clawed their way to the top over the bodies of less fortunate, that's the American way, the strong survive. On the other hand the Kennedy family has spent the better part of the last 50 years giving back and trying to help those who are less fortunate. I just don't see where YOU get the right to judge. What have you done
Ok this is kind of not fair for the two points you are trying to make. He has the right to judge everyone in politics, thats how people gain and lose votes. Anyone in politics is under heavy scrutiny as well they should be cause if the general public feels an individual is not doing their job they should be removed from their public position. So as far as judging i feel everyone should be doing that.

Secondly unless the person u are responding to has a position in government office it doesnt matter what he has or has not done its not his job to do it, thats why there are elected officials, to do the jobs that the people cannot do for whatever reason. This is what they get paid to do, and yes im sure they donate and do plenty of out of pocket work (especially during terms where they need to be voted in, not saying just the kennedys but every politician does it for posterity thats how it works).

I personally dislike they way ted kennedy ran his office. I am entitled to my position/opinion because he is a public government official, and just because im not out feeding the homeless (today, actually on sundays i do), doesnt mean my or any other persons opinion is less important. And further more if thats truly how u feel then we should probably do away with voting for presidents right? It seems to me with that position you would have a bunch of rich, politician like individuals to decide the fate of the country which if u believe in thats great but i rather see voting polls goto the people and the general public make their decision.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
We could say that about a lot of people but I was not comparing him to anyone else. You're barking up the wrong tree if you're trying to turn this into a D V R debate or something similar. As a voting member of the US I have the right to judge the actions or inactions of those in a public office. His ONLY job is to give back to the people he represents while in office. To act like he did something above and beyond is far from honest. He enjoyed may fruits from what he did as well. Do not act as if he's done this completely out of charity with no return.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Ok this is kind of not fair for the two points you are trying to make. He has the right to judge everyone in politics, thats how people gain and lose votes. Anyone in politics is under heavy scrutiny as well they should be cause if the general public feels an individual is not doing their job they should be removed from their public position. So as far as judging i feel everyone should be doing that.

Secondly unless the person u are responding to has a position in government office it doesnt matter what he has or has not done its not his job to do it, thats why there are elected officials, to do the jobs that the people cannot do for whatever reason. This is what they get paid to do, and yes im sure they donate and do plenty of out of pocket work (especially during terms where they need to be voted in, not saying just the kennedys but every politician does it for posterity thats how it works).

I personally dislike they way ted kennedy ran his office. I am entitled to my position/opinion because he is a public government official, and just because im not out feeding the homeless (today, actually on sundays i do), doesnt mean my or any other persons opinion is less important. And further more if thats truly how u feel then we should probably do away with voting for presidents right? It seems to me with that position you would have a bunch of rich, politician like individuals to decide the fate of the country which if u believe in thats great but i rather see voting polls goto the people and the general public make their decision.
I have no problem with the right to judge him as a public official. To judge the whole Kennedy family as "frauds or "dregs of society" is quite a bit much.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
As Jayhawkk said, Kennedy was beholden to his constituents in MA, and the majority of those folks preferred to keep him as their Senate representative time and time again. There were 21,000 people, in 3.5 hour lines stretched around the block to view his casket...sounds like the people of MA were grateful for his service.

To each their own. If you're not satisfied with a representative, you can certainly exercise your right to vote them out or state your opinions on them in a civilized manner. There are varying political points of view in this country, which is part of what makes the US great.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't hold much faith in people nor their actions. People lining up around the block for a guy they probably knew little about may have been the same ones that didn't fly down to see a close relative buried... I base all of my opinions by what I know and can prove, at least in my mind, before accepting anything as fact.

When senority and holding positions of chairman etc become any part of a priority or goal, I no longer hold any faith on that person's personal goals being in line with mine. I am biased and very cautious of positions of influence though, so take that in to consideration :)

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
People lining up around the block for a guy they probably knew little about may have been the same ones that didn't fly down to see a close relative buried...
I couldn't begin to speculate about the relationships those individuals may have had with their relatives, or if they attend the funerals of others. Was just echoing your point that Kennedy (like all representatives) are beholden first and foremost to their constituents......and those constituents seemed to offer him strong support through their votes and their presence at his wake.

Anyhoo...it's the end of an era in the Senate, so to speak. Time to reflect on the man and his accomplishments, then move forward, as there is much work to be done.

samva777

Awards
Past actions

I couldn't begin to speculate about the relationships those individuals may have had with their relatives, or if they attend the funerals of others. Was just echoing your point that Kennedy (like all representatives) are beholden first and foremost to their constituents......and those constituents seemed to offer him strong support through their votes and their presence at his wake.

Anyhoo...it's the end of an era in the Senate, so to speak. Time to reflect on the man and his accomplishments, then move forward, as there is much work to be done.
Past actions are good indicator of future actions also the foundation I.E. the family a person grows up around has a lot to do with shaping the character of the person, are there exceptions to the rule of course but most of the time this truism holds.

samva777

Awards
waiting

Basically your entire post, especially this part:
Ok bro I am waiting you said you doubted my entire post there is literaly 1000s of links to historical fact on the Kennedy family I am waiting for rebuttal links.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok bro I am waiting you said you doubted my entire post there is literaly 1000s of links to historical fact on the Kennedy family I am waiting for rebuttal links.
Waiting for what? We need to draw a distinction between availability of information and accuracy of information. The mere fact that some piece of information exists somewhere does not mean it is neutral or correct. I prefer my sources as objective as possible. I do not automatically believe everything I read.

I still do not share your impression of him. Neither do I consider your blanket condemnation of his family justifiable. No amount of links will change that! Since you like to provide links, here is an article from one of the most objective and most respected newspapers in the world today:
http://www.economist.com/world/unitedstates/displaystory.cfm?story_id=14327160

samva777

Awards
Ok I looked at your link

Waiting for what? We need to draw a distinction between availability of information and accuracy of information. The mere fact that some piece of information exists somewhere does not mean it is neutral or correct. I prefer my sources as objective as possible. I do not automatically believe everything I read.

I still do not share your impression of him. Neither do I consider your blanket condemnation of his family justifiable. No amount of links will change that! Since you like to provide links, here is an article from one of the most objective and most respected newspapers in the world today:
The first paragraph in your link says ted kennedy might have been president had chappaquid**** not taken place , I suggest you read you own link and instead of relying on obviously politically slanted news papers go to an unbiased source of historical fact like the history channel website where most history researchers and buffs get there information from http://www.history.com/encyclopedia.do?articleId=213705

But I will say your link was very accurate and anyone with any common knowledge of the law knows when you have an auto accident and the car goes into the water with a person in the car and you dont immediately contact the police but you contact political aids its called murder in the 3rd Degree the woman in question might have lived had Kennedy called the police quickly but instead waited 9 hours. I can promise you had it been a regular joe that had done the exact same thing he would have gone to prison for many years. Murder in the 3rd degree = Depraved indifference or extreme recklessness. Yes you are correct about not believing everything you read but when there is a huge amount of information saying the samething your argument loses its validity.

samva777

Awards
FBI Link

Let me add my last link is to the FBI file on Teddy if you say there file is slanted then I just wont be able to prove anything as your in denial becuase your probably a Liberal FanBoy