Favorite President for those on the Left?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Favorite President for those on the Left?


    I am just curious who liberal/democrats favorite president is?

    I ask conservative/republican's to try and hold back from getting into any banter with liberal/democrats in this thread. I am really just interested in who their favorite one is/was?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative


  2. Fidel Castro

  3. Being a conservative libertarian, you should listen to my word as gospel!

    I didn't have problems with Clinton, some of his progress may have been because of his conservative congress, but all in all was smart when it came to issues.

    Two things I disliked about him was his lack of support for defense, and giving the CRA new legs, eventually leading to the collapse of our economy.

    I know you said democrat, but figured I would say it anyway, not being inflammatory.
    The Historic PES Legend
    •   
       


  4. [QUOTE=DAdams91982;2073846]
    Two things I disliked about him was his lack of support for defense, and giving the CRA new legs, eventually leading to the collapse of our economy.
    QUOTE]

    An irony about libdems is that national defense is about the only area where they always tend to be fiscally conservative.

  5. I'm a registered Democrat (currently) and I'd probably go with Clinton. JFK or perhaps FDR might be good picks, but JFK certainily didn't serve as long as Clinton, and being 28 years old, I feel like I've got more exposure to the 8 year Clinton Administration. Obviously, I liked how the country prospered economically at the time (I know he didn't invent the internet, but still) and I liked his style personally as well. The filandering was unfortunate and I don't condone it whatsoever, but apart from that, I'd have to choose Bubba.

    Is it a given that conservatives, Republicans, neoconservatives, etc would all choose Ronald Reagan if the same question had been asked of them?

  6. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    Obviously, I liked how the country prospered economically at the time
    Biting my tongue here.........

  7. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    I'm a registered Democrat (currently) and I'd probably go with Clinton. JFK or perhaps FDR might be good picks, but JFK certainily didn't serve as long as Clinton, and being 28 years old, I feel like I've got more exposure to the 8 year Clinton Administration. Obviously, I liked how the country prospered economically at the time (I know he didn't invent the internet, but still) and I liked his style personally as well. The filandering was unfortunate and I don't condone it whatsoever, but apart from that, I'd have to choose Bubba.

    Is it a given that conservatives, Republicans, neoconservatives, etc would all choose Ronald Reagan if the same question had been asked of them?
    Lincoln, Grant.
    The Historic PES Legend

  8. Quote Originally Posted by dg806 View Post
    Biting my tongue here.........
    Riding high on the CRA.
    The Historic PES Legend

  9. Thanks for not flaming (yet)...as this is a thread that can easily turn into:


    "Hey libs, who's your favorite President?"

    "Well, I'm a fan of _______"

    "______?!?!? They ruined this country! Here's 8 wikipedia passages that prove it!"

  10. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    Thanks for not flaming (yet)...as this is a thread that can easily turn into:


    "Hey libs, who's your favorite President?"

    "Well, I'm a fan of _______"

    "______?!?!? They ruined this country! Here's 8 wikipedia passages that prove it!"
    Not really caring to flame, there has been some fantastic Dem presidents. I am more about the issues rather than the person.
    The Historic PES Legend

  11. Obama. hello to the death of affirmative action

    having my best friend (WASP) loose out on a scholarship to notre dame even though he had a 4.2 gpa in high school, fluent in latin, eagle scout, and 1370 on his SAT's (1990's SAT, not the new one), this monstrosity of evil will finally fall.

    it sucks that being a half breed (myself) and 1300 on the SAT's with a 3.5 GPA in high school i was accepted to more colleges than he was.

    R.I.P David Berry. we will never forget.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    Obama. hello to the death of affirmative action

    having my best friend (WASP) loose out on a scholarship to notre dame even though he had a 4.2 gpa in high school, fluent in latin, eagle scout, and 1370 on his SAT's (1990's SAT, not the new one), this monstrosity of evil will finally fall.

    it sucks that being a half breed (myself) and 1300 on the SAT's with a 3.5 GPA in high school i was accepted to more colleges than he was.

    R.I.P David Berry. we will never forget.
    Are you a Democrat and/or Liberal? If so, who's your favorite President?

  13. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    Are you a Democrat and/or Liberal? If so, who's your favorite President?
    i usually vote democrat, and Obama for the reason above will be my favorite democrat to date. with regards to some of the other stuff he's doing, not so keen on. but if it brings the death keel of affirmative action, nothing will give me greater pleasure.

    AA in my opinion was the bastion of racism against caucasians, and there's no way to fix racism when government allows it to happen on the back end.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    I'm a registered Democrat (currently) and I'd probably go with Clinton. JFK or perhaps FDR might be good picks, but JFK certainily didn't serve as long as Clinton, and being 28 years old, I feel like I've got more exposure to the 8 year Clinton Administration. Obviously, I liked how the country prospered economically at the time (I know he didn't invent the internet, but still) and I liked his style personally as well. The filandering was unfortunate and I don't condone it whatsoever, but apart from that, I'd have to choose Bubba.

    Is it a given that conservatives, Republicans, neoconservatives, etc would all choose Ronald Reagan if the same question had been asked of them?
    I don't really buy that FDR did anything special. Afterall, the economy stayed fairly stagnant during his admin. It was WWII that ultimately brought us out of the depression. Presbo is trying the same thing now basically and expecting a better result. Not gonna happen IMO. JFK was good for a dem, but frankly, I think he's more of a repub by today's standards if you look at the way the parties have evolved.

    Bubba, from the neck up, was an okay pres IMO. He worked well with a repub congress and got some descent stuff done. He wasn't much of an ideologue like Obama is. I don't think he was really tested though, like others have been. He was prez during a fairly uneventful time.

    I don't know what would lead anyone to believe that AA will go away under Barry.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by roids1 View Post
    I don't know what would lead anyone to believe that AA will go away under Barry.
    its my opinion that AA was created to "level the playing field" with regards to minorities being able to get into college and get government jobs, and achieve the same success that caucasians have enjoyed. it is my hope that having someone non-caucasian in the oval office will convince the NEXT president to say "this program (AA) is archaic and discriminatory towards everyone who isn't a minority." see post 11.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    Is it a given that conservatives, Republicans, neoconservatives, etc would all choose Ronald Reagan if the same question had been asked of them?
    Yea for the most part. Lincoln is another that comes to mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    Thanks for not flaming (yet)...as this is a thread that can easily turn into:


    "Hey libs, who's your favorite President?"

    "Well, I'm a fan of _______"

    "______?!?!? They ruined this country! Here's 8 wikipedia passages that prove it!"
    Yea all I really wanted was to get some perspective on things. Even this banter towrds the bottom is a little too much. All I really wanted was answer and explenation....
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  17. Well, you've got my answer. Not sure how many replies will trickle in though, seems like I'm pretty lonely as a lib on this board.

  18. You gotta love it dub. You're the only one here who believes in hope and change!

  19. Drink it down, AM. You know it's smooth...




  20. Change we can believe in!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  21. Hands down,.. Bill Clinton.
    Think training's hard,. try losing!

  22. Quote Originally Posted by bonscott View Post
    Hands down,.. Bill Clinton.

    Well, with a republican congress, he couldn't screw up too much. Was it his specific accomplishments, his charisma, or his character? Perhaps it was his vice president who invented the internet!!!!

  23. Quote Originally Posted by bonscott View Post
    Hands down,.. Bill Clinton.
    At first thought I said clinton, mostly because he was the one I have more experience with, but with real thought you cannot deny that Thomas Jefferson was the best... though today he would be called a NeoCon Drunk, same with JFK.
    The Historic PES Legend

  24. Werd! The antiwar, peace at any cost crowd would've blamed JFK for provoking the USSR during the Cuban Missle Crisis. I truley don't think JFK could be a democratby today's standards. It's definitely not the party of JFK anymore. The new repubicans are sorta like the old democrats and the new democrats are really more of a democratic socialist party.

  25. This is hard to say, as JFK would be seen as more conservative than a Republican from today's standpoint.

    Back in the day, the Democrats were the good party!...minus FDR.

  26. wait, there is a difference between dems and repubs now? No chance
    TEAM GET DIESEL

    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM
    Like us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    This is hard to say, as JFK would be seen as more conservative than a Republican from today's standpoint.

    Back in the day, the Democrats were the good party!...minus FDR.
    I agree, back in the day the Democrats were better then they are now.
    Let's review some of Barack Obama's most recent actions since he was inaugurated....

    His first call to any head of state as president was to Mahmoud Abbas, leader of Fatah party in the Palestinian territory.
    His first one on one interview with any news organization was with Al Arabia television.
    He ordered Guantanamo Bay closed and all military trials of detainees halted.
    He ordered all overseas CIA interrogation centers closed.
    He withdrew all charges against the masterminds behind the USS Cole and 9/11.
    Today we learn that he is allowing hundreds of thousands of Palestinian refuges to move to and live in the US at American taxpayer expense.
    Anyone else seeing a pattern here?

    source : Matthew Wallace I think


    Let me give you some cold hard facts on health care...

    1.The United States spends 4.3 Trillion on Heath care Annually

    2. Obamacare stands to cost taxpayers close to 2 trillion in the next few years

    3. That amounts to an extra $7,000 in taxes for every American.

    4. We all know 20% of the population can't afford to shell that out and Obama says he won't increase taxes on anyone who makes under (What is it now?) $200,000.... That means that that burden will be left to 15% who make more than that. That amounts to almost double the taxes for many of us.

    5. I don't know if I was you I would pick up and move to Canada... Oh Wait... Canada has a universal health care system...

    6. For those of you who don't watch Canadian news let me enlighten you... THEIR HEALTH CARE SYSTEM IS A MESS.

    So in the end what does it all amount to. Obamacare is going to tax everyone because he knows he can't put that kind of burden on so few people. (That's breaking a campaign promise, Strike 1) It wouldn't make the hospitals any easier to use. (Strike 2) And it is bringing about what Obama promised to diminish, big government (Strike 3 and your out Obama).

    source : wizbangblog

  28. Quote Originally Posted by bonscott View Post
    Hands down,.. Bill Clinton.
    hands down Bill Clinton... who can forget the statement "I did not have a sexual relationship with that woman" that was classic!!! bj's just dont count
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If you are not on the PES Insider list you are not cool. Uncool people don't deserve free Alphamine.
    PES product educator, PM me with any questions!

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Delta Force View Post
    hands down Bill Clinton... who can forget the statement "I did not have a sexual relationship with that woman" that was classic!!! bj's just dont count
    that depends on what the definition of the word "is" is.....

  30. I know what it is! You guys are just a bunch of racists and you all hate poor people!

  31. Quote Originally Posted by roids1 View Post
    I know what it is! You guys are just a bunch of racists and you all hate poor people!
    Name calling? Not a racist, but I am tired of the poor and lazy expecting everyone else to bail them out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  32. Why do you hate poor people so much?

    The reality is poor people don't get bailed out. The dems just exploit class division, racial tension, and wealth envy to get the poor to vote for them. But as we can see, the only people they're are bailing out now are their own rich cronies and various corporations that are deemed "too big to fail."

  33. Im surprised no conservatives seemt o mention something that happened with clinton called the Assault Weapons Ban.

    And for the record, FDR was a democrat, back when the whole south was. They werent the weak socialist party of today.

  34. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    Thanks for not flaming (yet)...as this is a thread that can easily turn into:


    "Hey libs, who's your favorite President?"

    "Well, I'm a fan of _______"

    "______?!?!? They ruined this country! Here's 8 wikipedia passages that prove it!"

  35. Quote Originally Posted by JW32Hoops View Post
    Coming frumma guy who switched parties in NY to vote for Ronnie Paul, a staunch conservative. You may not realize it yet Dub, but I can tell the dark side of the force in strong deep inside you. It will eventually consume you and you will join us.

  36. Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Im surprised no conservatives seemt o mention something that happened with clinton called the Assault Weapons Ban.
    I wasn't too concerned over that. Semi-automatic assault rifles aren't used to hunt deer, just like hollow point bullets have one purpose only. You gotta draw the line somewhere

  37. Quote Originally Posted by roids1 View Post
    I wasn't too concerned over that. Semi-automatic assault rifles aren't used to hunt deer, just like hollow point bullets have one purpose only. You gotta draw the line somewhere
    yea,... but name a time someone robbed a bank or went on a shooting, and actually used the bayonet lug on an AR15. Thats right, never. So lets come up with a bill to make it illegal on post-ban rifles to have a bayonet lug, a removable flash hider, collapsible stocks, and hi cap mags( which were ready availiable, and the bill only stopped future manufacturing of all of these). The AWB was a joke, and more political than anything else. It was an impractical bill, that had nothing to do with safety but instead a political clusterfuk to gain support and put more $$ into peoples pockets,...

  38. Quote Originally Posted by roids1 View Post
    I wasn't too concerned over that. Semi-automatic assault rifles aren't used to hunt deer, just like hollow point bullets have one purpose only. You gotta draw the line somewhere
    Yeah, they are. Get with the program.

    Just because it doesnt affect you doesnt make it any less wrong. Besides, the ban was just assenine and pushed by people who dont even know their ass from a hole in the ground.

  39. Quote Originally Posted by jfuller View Post
    I agree, back in the day the Democrats were better then they are now.
    Let's review some of Barack Obama's most recent actions since he was inaugurated....

    His first call to any head of state as president was to Mahmoud Abbas, leader of Fatah party in the Palestinian territory.
    His first one on one interview with any news organization was with Al Arabia television.
    He ordered Guantanamo Bay closed and all military trials of detainees halted.
    He ordered all overseas CIA interrogation centers closed.
    He withdrew all charges against the masterminds behind the USS Cole and 9/11.
    Today we learn that he is allowing hundreds of thousands of Palestinian refuges to move to and live in the US at American taxpayer expense.
    Anyone else seeing a pattern here?

    source : Matthew Wallace I think


    Let me give you some cold hard facts on health care...

    1.The United States spends 4.3 Trillion on Heath care Annually

    2. Obamacare stands to cost taxpayers close to 2 trillion in the next few years

    3. That amounts to an extra $7,000 in taxes for every American.

    4. We all know 20% of the population can't afford to shell that out and Obama says he won't increase taxes on anyone who makes under (What is it now?) $200,000.... That means that that burden will be left to 15% who make more than that. That amounts to almost double the taxes for many of us.

    5. I don't know if I was you I would pick up and move to Canada... Oh Wait... Canada has a universal health care system...

    6. For those of you who don't watch Canadian news let me enlighten you... THEIR HEALTH CARE SYSTEM IS A MESS.

    So in the end what does it all amount to. Obamacare is going to tax everyone because he knows he can't put that kind of burden on so few people. (That's breaking a campaign promise, Strike 1) It wouldn't make the hospitals any easier to use. (Strike 2) And it is bringing about what Obama promised to diminish, big government (Strike 3 and your out Obama).

    source : wizbangblog

    Boy it really sucks to lose, doesn't it. Those grapes taste like ass. It would be pretty amazing though if the hell of the last 8 years could be cleaned up in 6 months, wouldn't it? btw, my favorite dem Pres was Harry S. Truman
  40. Talking


    Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    Boy it really sucks to lose, doesn't it. Those grapes taste like ass. It would be pretty amazing though if the hell of the last 8 years could be cleaned up in 6 months, wouldn't it? btw, my favorite dem Pres was Harry S. Truman
    You think it has to do with winning and losing, It does not matter who is a democrat or a republican, it has to do with the truth and finding out the facts instead of believing everything you watch on T.V. If you believe our previous president/government was the only cause of the current economy , then you need to do more research and use less sarcasm.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. President's Day
    By The Neck in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 08:26 AM
  2. Who will be the next president ?
    By ReaperX in forum Politics
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 09-06-2008, 06:37 PM
  3. Who will be the next President of USA?
    By manny1010 in forum Politics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 11:06 AM
  4. Could a guy like this become President?
    By Funny Monkey in forum Politics
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-31-2004, 05:21 PM
Log in
Log in