recalling the following Nobel Prizes

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. easy, what's your thoughts on why jews win more than other races? bias? repaying them for their tragedies, etc, or rather natural skill? i'm very curious, because my mom is indian (dot not feather), and her family holds a disproportionate amount of doctors. also, in the US, the indian population is rather low, yet every hospital seems to have 2 of them.... maybe the nobel prize is something that the jews are genetically drawn to winning...

    speculating is hard though without coming off racist.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    easy, what's your thoughts on why jews win more than other races? bias? repaying them for their tragedies, etc, or rather natural skill? i'm very curious, because my mom is indian (dot not feather), and her family holds a disproportionate amount of doctors. also, in the US, the indian population is rather low, yet every hospital seems to have 2 of them.... maybe the nobel prize is something that the jews are genetically drawn to winning...

    speculating is hard though without coming off racist.
    India has a very high number of 2 things: tech schools and medical schools. There's just a better market for them in the US. Many Indian medical schools are very respected and there's a ton of research coming from that area.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

    •   
       


  3. I think its the focus on education, and the guilt-trippery on males who don't achieve from their moms You have to think that even in the basics of it, you have to learn another language just to be able to be considered a man - for your bar mitzvah. So learning is definitely a strong part of it.

    Since judiasm is also sort of genetic its possible theres a slightly higher average intelligence in the group too.

  4. I highly doubt the Nobel committee would use language such as, "...that we will no longer allow ourselves to be duped by absurd theory dressed up in elegant math." As well, the Nobel committee would not contentiously conflate the words "monetarist" and "laissez-faire".

  5. I'm just curious, has Luther EVER contributed anything constructive toward the main theme of this entire board, fitness, training, supplements, etc?
    •   
       


  6. he's kept us entertained a few times
  7. lutherblsstt
    lutherblsstt's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    They're going to yank these, but Arafat gets to keep his?

    I'm unamused.
    Arafat and Kissinger as well!

    Of course it was not a real communication from the Nobel Foundation,click the link.
  8. lutherblsstt
    lutherblsstt's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by roids1 View Post
    Luther's a riot!! Just too bad he's a teacher! So basically any recipient who isn't a socialist should have his NP revoked. LOL!
    Nice straw man bud. Who said anything about socialists? By the way,did you actually click the link?

    A Nobel peace prize prize doesn't mean a whole lot these days. Al Gore gets it for a slide show that any college freshman could've put together and Arafat gets one for supporting terrorism for 25 years.
    Kissinger also got one for war crimes.

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...81561030958784

  9. Quote Originally Posted by roids1 View Post
    Our new national anthem!

    YouTube - soviet national anthem
    Honestly that song is pretty great, I love it and keep it around. Then again I am a big fan of Soviet Russia and such.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by lutherblsstt View Post
    Reason for recall: Friedman was the 20th century’s most prominent supporter of laissez-faire capitalism.
    Which is why he supported a Soviet style commissar in charge of the centralization and central planning of credit and monetary policy... That aside, he seemed a decent guy.

    Whatever the empirical evidence, he fervently believed that unregulated markets would lead to socially desirable outcomes. His naïve belief in the invisible hand and his bias against government spending made him argue that government’s role should be largely limited to that of policeman, judge and jailer.
    Laughable in the extreme. In reality it's interventionists who ignore empirical reality. You know, the type of dip****s who look at the US health care system where nearly half the costs are covered by two single payer systems and the rest by a government mandated corporate sponsored third party payment system, and call it the 'free market'. Free except for all those regulations, controls, mandates, quotas, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc. Kind of like a prisoner is free so long as you ignore the ****ing prison.

    Central to all such charges from socialists that capitalists 'ignore empirical evidence' is the socialist tendency to ignore any and all existing government interventions when using current conditions as an argument for socialism. This is what allows them to look at problems in the most heavily and tightly regulated industries such as health care and energy and claim the 'free market' is the problem. The trillion or so existing government interventions that have existed and/or been expanded over decades if not centuries are, of course, completely negligible. It's all that 'freedom' that's the real problem. Even when next to none exists.

    It is also this tendency which allows them to hook the moniker of 'free market type' to the likes of Bernanke, our new commissar of credit, even though his any and every answer to any problem that arises is government action and central planning. I guess because he works with money he must be a capitalism despite his tendency to want to centrally plan things.

    The real problem with the world today Luther is people like you have your heads rammed so firmly up your asses that it's impossible to debate with you because there is no stable reality in your minds; it changes daily with what you eat and the brand and stench of **** that then comes to smear your vision of the world as it passes your head in your colon. Which is one of reasons I do try to avoid debates these days. I'd have a more productive time debating with a schitzofrenic as to which pope he is 'actually' talking to. At least his distorted view of reality may be consistent. But not you people.

    We in the US have a government that consumes nearly half the ****ing GDP, employs a quarter of the ****ing workforce, spends the vast majority of its time either redistributing money or sending armies to and fro, and has a federal code which alone is so long that the ****ing index for it needs its own God damn shelving system and soon likely its own building, and which covers everything from classic crimes like murder to the proper way to prepare and label ****ing onion rings to the duty due on catfish importation. The average citizen can't walk down the street without breaking God knows how many laws by default, laws which multiply daily, and the prominent and successful have to worry about federal prosecutors and the PC police every time they cut a loud fart. In what twisted, retarded, moronic, idiotic, distorted, demented, and just outright lunatic frame of mind must one be in for the words 'free market' to apply to this situation?

  11. Becker's theology was a step in the right direction for labor economics. It started a lot of other studies on how individual businesses and agents of the firm negotiate, manage time, and capital. His study also led to further studies on pregnant women's success later in life, the impact of the EITC, etc. Becker is a good economist.

    This is fake btw.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by CDB View Post
    Central to all such charges from socialists that capitalists 'ignore empirical evidence' is the socialist tendency to ignore any and all existing government interventions when using current conditions as an argument for socialism. This is what allows them to look at problems in the most heavily and tightly regulated industries such http://anabolicminds.com/forum/image...es/bling.gifas health care and energy and claim the 'free market' is the problem. The trillion or so existing government interventions that have existed and/or been expanded over decades if not centuries are, of course, completely negligible. It's all that 'freedom' that's the real problem. Even when next to none exists.
    What truly bothers me, though, is that individuals on both sides of the fence tend to ignore any and all sense of pragmatic social analysis when delving into either/or style of economy - that is, they tend not to consider the wide-range of historically-binding circumstances [...aside from economizing activity...] that places a given nation, at a given time, in a given state of development.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    What truly bothers me, though, is that individuals on both sides of the fence tend to ignore any and all sense of pragmatic social analysis when delving into either/or style of economy - that is, they tend not to consider the wide-range of historically-binding circumstances [...aside from economizing activity...] that places a given nation, at a given time, in a given state of development.
    Not the Austrians, at least in the sense that they realize capital must be accumulated and tended over time. Every other school of economics seems to think all you need to do is drop a ****load of greenbacks on people and all of a sudden they'll all have iPhones.

    A musical interlude: YouTube - Danny Boy

  14. Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    I'm just curious, has Luther EVER contributed anything constructive toward the main theme of this entire board, fitness, training, supplements, etc?
    Doesn't look like it. I'm not sure luther has even contributed an original thought to this section. Most of his posts are just material that he cuts and pastes from left wing websites.

    But yes, the jews are some impressive people. Especially considering how much oppression and persecution they've had to deal with for the last 3,000 years. The success that they seem to enjoy everywhere they go certainly makes some people angry and green with envy. Perhaps that's why the arabs hate them so much. They've accomplished more in 60 years than the arabs haven't been able to accomplish in 3,000.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by CDB View Post
    Not the Austrians, at least in the sense that they realize capital must be accumulated and tended over time...
    von Hayek (and the influence of von Mises) was a truly original thinker. It is not easy to clearly identify his followers these days.

    Every other school of economics ...
    For example?
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

  16. We in the US have a government that consumes nearly half the ****ing GDP, employs a quarter of the ****ing workforce, spends the vast majority of its time either redistributing money or sending armies to and fro, and has a federal code which alone is so long that the ****ing index for it needs its own God damn shelving system and soon likely its own building, and which covers everything from classic crimes like murder to the proper way to prepare and label ****ing onion rings to the duty due on catfish importation. The average citizen can't walk down the street without breaking God knows how many laws by default, laws which multiply daily, and the prominent and successful have to worry about federal prosecutors and the PC police every time they cut a loud fart. In what twisted, retarded, moronic, idiotic, distorted, demented, and just outright lunatic frame of mind must one be in for the words 'free market' to apply to this situation?
    Now THAT was a rant.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    von Hayek (and the influence of von Mises) was a truly original thinker. It is not easy to clearly identify his followers these days.


    For example?
    Check the schmucks at the fed for one. Whenever they review Austrian crticism it's plainlyclear they don't even understand the points being made, specifically with regard to time and the structural nature of capital whichbthey still seem to think is some amorphous blob of 'stuff' out there that they arbitrarily add to.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Now THAT was a rant.
    Yeah, but true none the less for it.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Now THAT was a rant.
    CDB's handle wasn't listed at the top of that quote. His attorney will prolly be contacting you about a copyright violation.

  20. I sent in a written request in triplicate to obtain legal use of that quote.The lack of a 'handle' at the top was due to a forum error that could not have been detected by me at the time due to my use of a mobile device making said post. All further inquries can be placed with my attorney for clarification.
  21. lutherblsstt
    lutherblsstt's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    How is this even close to relevant?
    It is not.
  22. lutherblsstt
    lutherblsstt's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Milton Friedman
    University of Chicago, 1976

    Original reasons for award: “Macroeconomics:
    for his achievements in the fields of consumption
    analysis, monetary history and theory, and for his
    demonstration of the complexity of stabilization
    policy.”

    Reason for recall: Friedman was the 20th century’s
    most prominent supporter of laissez-faire capitalism.
    Whatever the empirical evidence, he fervently
    believed that unregulated markets would lead to
    socially desirable outcomes. His naïve belief in
    the invisible hand and his bias against government
    spending made him argue that government’s role
    should be largely limited to that of policeman, judge
    and jailer. Friedman was a monetarist obsessed
    with controlling inflation who disregarded the social
    harm caused when monetary policy led to high
    unemployment levels. The application of his laissezfaire
    ideology has led to great harm around the
    world.


    Um....where exactly has it ever been applied? Certainly not in this country...thanks FDR and others.
    See: Milton Friedman's Role and His Influence on the Two Worst Regimes in US History

    Excerpt:

    "As recently as 2005, Milton Friedman was still singing the praises of utterly failed economic policies that had been put to the test by Ronald Reagan and Bush Sr and found tragically lacking. Friedman is enamored with policies that bankrupted the nation, made terrorism worse, created the longest, deepest recession since the crash of 1929, exported jobs abroad and resulted in the destruction of the American labor movement and, as a result, the loss of employee rights. Because Ronald Reagan put into effect the lame-brained ideas of Milton Friedman, we live poised on the precipice of economic collapse at the end of the very worst Presidency in American history. (TM note: Friedman died in Nov. 2006.)

    When I met Milton Friedman in Houston, Ronald Reagan had not yet plunged the nation into a two year long depression. At the time, it was the worst depression since Herbert Hoover's Great Depression of the 1930s, the one that your parents, grand-parents or great grand parents have told you about.

    Not surprisingly, Milton Friedman was singing the praises of GOP economics for which he must share responsibility, possibly blame. When I asked him about a pernicious trend that had started under Reagan, he was defensive. "Jobs are NOT exported", he said emphatically. He was wrong then and he is wrong now. In fact, it was during Ronald Reagan that jobs declined as US industry lost markets to Japan and China --Faustian bargains cut first on Nixon's behalf and later for Herr Reagan."

    More here: http://existentialistcowboy.blogspot...luence_27.html
  23. lutherblsstt
    lutherblsstt's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    kickitover.org says so, it MUST be true! Join the Revolution! Enjoy using catchy buzzwords like 'grassroots', 'paradigm', 'revolution', 'mavericks', 'radical', 'delusion', and 'insurgency'.

    Man, THINGS are happening, you know, like I was reading 'On the Road', and like it's happening ALL OVER AGAIN, you know, like the AWARENESS, bro, join the social CONSCIOUS revolution, man, it's AWESOME!
    Yes,these guys are not a factor and can get nothing accomplished but the use of certain words,guess that's why the government has chosen to house a few of them in Communication Management Unit (CMU) prisons for domestic “second tier terrorists,” and implement the CMU restrictions designed to silence political prisoners.

    Example:

    Animal Rights Activist Jailed at Secretive Prison Gives First Account of Life Inside a “CMU”. The guy interviewed in the MP3 link below is one of the SHAC 7, a group of animal rights activists convicted of “animal enterprise terrorism” for running a controversial, and effective, website targeting an animal testing lab called Huntingdon Life Sciences.


    http://media.libsyn.com/media/democr...009-0625-1.mp3

  24. Quote Originally Posted by lutherblsstt View Post
    See: Milton Friedman's Role and His Influence on the Two Worst Regimes in US History
    See the meaning of "Laissez Fare" and square that with advocating central planning of money and credit, as Friedman did.

    "As recently as 2005, Milton Friedman was still singing the praises of utterly failed economic policies that had been put to the test by Ronald Reagan and Bush Sr and found tragically lacking. Friedman is enamored with policies that bankrupted the nation, made terrorism worse, created the longest, deepest recession since the crash of 1929, exported jobs abroad and resulted in the destruction of the American labor movement and, as a result, the loss of employee rights. Because Ronald Reagan put into effect the lame-brained ideas of Milton Friedman, we live poised on the precipice of economic collapse at the end of the very worst Presidency in American history. (TM note: Friedman died in Nov. 2006.)
    If you're talking about supply side monetarism, youi'd be correct. If you're talking about free markets, you'd be incorrect.

    Not surprisingly, Milton Friedman was singing the praises of GOP economics for which he must share responsibility, possibly blame. When I asked him about a pernicious trend that had started under Reagan, he was defensive. "Jobs are NOT exported", he said emphatically. He was wrong then and he is wrong now.
    Actually he's correct. A job is not a physical thing in which one can have a property right; it is impossible to export it. What it is possible to do is regulate so heavily opportunities fail to open here but do open in zones that have marginally more freedom. Jobs are not and can not be exported, they are simply not opened up here because of onerous regulations. However since the demand that creates the opportunity for the jobs is still extant, it stands to reason then that the opportunity will open up elsewhere.

    A guy who routinely quotes Marx. No wonder he's a ****ing moron.

    As before Luther you need to square reality in your brain and set it apart from rhetoric. In a frog says he's a beaver and then croaks and shoots out his tongue to catch a fly and can't build a damn for ****, he's probably a frog despite what he says. Likewise, an economist who sees government action as the solution for damn near every problem and who advocates the centralization of control of the monetary base and credit supply, a page you'd realize was ripped right from Karl Marx if you'd ever actually read his ****, likely isn't a free marketeer despite his protestations to the contrary. Milton Friedman, despite his nominal advocacy of capitalism, advocated the ultimate in central planning; government control over money and credit. That's a form of fascism, his rhetoric one way or the other be damned.

  25. It is sometimes deceptively easy to cast down ideas and their advocates. Any serious student of the History of Economic Thought must, however, remember that the advocates of different ideas, whether defunct or extant, from pre-mercantilism to Neo-Marshallian Economics to the Neo-Classical Synthesis, Monetarism, Neo-Keynesianism, the New Classical Macroeconomics, and so on, all contributed directly or indirectly in enriching current economic science. Mr. Friedman, in particular, especially in his role as a foremost thinker of the Chicago School tradition (essentially a neoclassical price-theoretic thrust that preceded formal rational-expectations-theoretic constructs) almost single-handedly and tirelessly propagated powerful and insightful arguments against Keynesianism. The Keynesian response to his critiques lead to a revamping of Keynesian ideas, a new and stronger synthesis. All these men, from Karl Marx to Pierro Sraffa, Walras, Marshall, Pigou, Nicolas Kaldor, Frank Knight, Ronald Coase, John Nash, Cournot, Robert Lucas, John Muth, Keynes, Friedman, Axel Liejonhufvud, Harsanyi, von Neumann, Morgenstern, Paul Samuelson, Ragnar Frisch, Daniel Kahneman, and many others were influential, and sometimes very original, thinkers that shaped the content of our science today, and should be given due respect, especially when we retrospectively (with the benefit of hindsight) evaluate their contributions.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 04:19 PM
  2. Doses for the follow BF loss stack
    By 0-hero in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-21-2006, 01:31 PM
  3. when will the following be back in stock?
    By logan in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 05:06 PM
  4. what would you do with the following????
    By rdj6107 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2005, 10:01 AM
  5. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 11:16 PM
Log in
Log in