Obama's White House is Falling Down

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by rippedforce63 View Post
    Personally I'm a lapsed catholic, I became very disenfranchised with the church a long time ago. But I still have a strong belief in God, I just thinks it takes away from man's own humanity and sense of self if the only reason a person acts just and right is because there is a reward at the end. I was always taught to treat people with kindness and helpfulness not based on a book but because its the right thing to do. Just out of curiousity which nation did god back before america came into being?
    So are you a Deists?.... Christianity does not teach to be kind to one another because if you dont you will not go to heaven. For a christian they have already optained access to heaven by accepting Jesus. The reason we try to be kind to people is because it is what jesus wants from us and because everyone on this planet has the opportunity to accept salvation... When you ask what nation did God back, i dont think God backs nations... I believe he blesses and protects nations. When you say he backs nations you kind of make it sound that hates all other nations besides the one he is backing. He blesses the nations that follow his will that was laid out for us in the gospel. And i believe that every nation can be blessed by God if they just hold true his moral principles... So what is it about America, that is different from other countries, that makes you believe it is the best country in the world to live in? There has got to be something that makes you believe it is the best country in the world to live in.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by dave12 View Post
    You clearly didn't see the Barry Obama approved sex ed for 1st graders curriculum back from his state senate days. (The one they named "Fisting For First Graders") I'd bet the average middle school student knows more about nontraditional sex then I ever will.
    No i did not. That is messed up. Only further proves my point that Obama is morally corrupt.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Lacradocious View Post
    All this gay bashing is part of what is wrong with this country. Everyone telling everyone else what to do and how to live their lives. I feel that this has a lot to do with why we now have to deal with Obama's policies, and why our taxes are going to skyrocket in the coming years. Conservatives are too blind to see that they are part of the liberal problem.

    The problem with the Republican party is that it is so narrow minded and spent the last 30 years pushing morality and other social issues. I would rather have lower taxes, smaller government, civil liberties, and sound economic policies - even if it meant that gays would be free to marry.

    I hope for the Republican Party like the one Barry Goldwater envisioned, one without all the BS that we have now. A more inclusive party would attract more voters to the fundamental idea of what being conservative is all about. To me at least, it isn't about being the morality police. If you live in a free society, you aren't going to agree with how everyone lives their lives. Shutting them out of your party is the last thing you want to do - unless of course you like having Obama as your president.
    The last 30 years?.. Before the last 30 years this country was based on good morals. Granted there were still people doing bad immoral things, but the majority of the people upheld morality as a very important issue, the issue of morality is what founded this country. All the early presidents of this nation and up to about 30 years ago were elected mainly due to their sense of good morals. Before 30 years ago moral issues never had to be pushed on the American people because the majority were already living good moral based lives. There was a clear line between what was bad and what was good, and I can guarantee you that being gay was not on the good side of the line. Nowadays that line has been blurred by this wave of people that just live and do by what makes them "feel good" even if its not the right thing to do... The people that still hold on to the morality that this country has always been about ever since its founding, have now become the minority... So this begs the question... Who is really pushing there social issues on who?.. It's this new wave of people, that no longer believe in morality, who have been pushing their issue on moral people like me and others for the last 30 years! You may think that compromising is what we should do, but when it comes to taking away the morality that has been a part of this country for so long, I will not compromise.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Lacradocious View Post
    All this gay bashing is part of what is wrong with this country. Everyone telling everyone else what to do and how to live their lives. I feel that this has a lot to do with why we now have to deal with Obama's policies, and why our taxes are going to skyrocket in the coming years. Conservatives are too blind to see that they are part of the liberal problem.

    The problem with the Republican party is that it is so narrow minded and spent the last 30 years pushing morality and other social issues. I would rather have lower taxes, smaller government, civil liberties, and sound economic policies - even if it meant that gays would be free to marry.

    I hope for the Republican Party like the one Barry Goldwater envisioned, one without all the BS that we have now. A more inclusive party would attract more voters to the fundamental idea of what being conservative is all about. To me at least, it isn't about being the morality police. If you live in a free society, you aren't going to agree with how everyone lives their lives. Shutting them out of your party is the last thing you want to do - unless of course you like having Obama as your president.
    Put it this way, WIPE OUT one side of the argument ok? So pick the strongest that can survive the other. Homosexuality or Heterosexuality. Well homosexuality dies off, so erase it keep hetero. Abortion, or Pro life. Well if every one aborted, we die off, if every one is pro life, we prosper....Pro life.

    See the problem with this country IS division. But the ONLY way to solve that is to leave only one side. Obviously certain sides are made up of humanities failures and shortcomings. Abortion is a form of Murder, gays are an insult to the species in general and offensive to any religion and can in no way serve to further the species.

    You have to completely erase one side if you want to be strong. No complaining, act smart and understand that. A great nation has never been on divided. Throughout history most Great nations were under Iron Rule of a Monarchy, or Dictator, etc. And no great nation ever openly accepted homosexuality, or the likes. Ones that did fell(like the Roman Empire, etc.)

    See the gays, want to strip rights away from the many, to protect the few. I am sorry but intelligence says, sacrifice the few(especially ones that bring NOTHING to the species) to save the many(those who will procreate and not bring division or confusion to the species).

    It is a simply scientific issues. Cut off the arm that will destroy thee. For America it is liberalism, abortion, gays, porn, etc,etc,etc. Premarital sex used to get you stoned. We didnt have STD's. Today every one does it, we have I think 128 STD's 10 of which I think are fatal, last time I checked.

    Obviously thats the WRONG route if it is destroying our species, eh?

    The problem with America, is that it has changed to give gays what they want, to accept sex as a common thing, to embrace pornography as normal. In the short time we have done that our society has been increasingly demolished. And will continue to be destroyed. Until the death of this country is a reality. What do you think will happen when the next revolution or civil war comes? Gay's will no longer be protected, the entire nation will be a warzone, so just guess? Personally I would not hurt a person for that, but the built up anger they have imprinted on this nation will likely result in a "purge". Which is sad, because they werent content with what they had and their own personal corruption, they had to spread it further into the nation.

    If you followed the old ways, there are no problems. You follow religious rules set forth, we have no problems. Like I said, AIDS would not exist, STD's would not, violence, hate, etc would all dissipate. But Nope! We have to deal with it because its WHAT people want.

    Every one asks if God is real, why do we suffer? BECAUSE YOU DESIRE TO SUFFER, so shut up, and understand your getting everything you are asking for. You protect criminals, your murder is justified when one kills you (lawyers). You believe in premarital sex, well your herpes or AID's is justified. Why did it happen? You wanted it. Simple.

    Then those of us who dont want it, have to also suffer because of the people who do! So who is wrong? Who is the monsters? Liberals are easily the most narrow sighted selfish fools creation has ever spawned. They would strip the rights away from a billion people to give new rights to a thousand. Ignorance, and one of the biggest downfalls of our species.

    Whine bicker of complain, but humanity would advance much faster if it didnt have to waste precious resources on homosexuality or STDs or abortion and the fights, arguments, and division those things bring.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    Put it this way, WIPE OUT one side of the argument ok? So pick the strongest that can survive the other. Homosexuality or Heterosexuality. Well homosexuality dies off, so erase it keep hetero. Abortion, or Pro life. Well if every one aborted, we die off, if every one is pro life, we prosper....Pro life.

    See the problem with this country IS division. But the ONLY way to solve that is to leave only one side. Obviously certain sides are made up of humanities failures and shortcomings. Abortion is a form of Murder, gays are an insult to the species in general and offensive to any religion and can in no way serve to further the species.

    You have to completely erase one side if you want to be strong. No complaining, act smart and understand that. A great nation has never been on divided. Throughout history most Great nations were under Iron Rule of a Monarchy, or Dictator, etc. And no great nation ever openly accepted homosexuality, or the likes. Ones that did fell(like the Roman Empire, etc.)

    See the gays, want to strip rights away from the many, to protect the few. I am sorry but intelligence says, sacrifice the few(especially ones that bring NOTHING to the species) to save the many(those who will procreate and not bring division or confusion to the species).

    It is a simply scientific issues. Cut off the arm that will destroy thee. For America it is liberalism, abortion, gays, porn, etc,etc,etc. Premarital sex used to get you stoned. We didnt have STD's. Today every one does it, we have I think 128 STD's 10 of which I think are fatal, last time I checked.

    Obviously thats the WRONG route if it is destroying our species, eh?

    The problem with America, is that it has changed to give gays what they want, to accept sex as a common thing, to embrace pornography as normal. In the short time we have done that our society has been increasingly demolished. And will continue to be destroyed. Until the death of this country is a reality. What do you think will happen when the next revolution or civil war comes? Gay's will no longer be protected, the entire nation will be a warzone, so just guess? Personally I would not hurt a person for that, but the built up anger they have imprinted on this nation will likely result in a "purge". Which is sad, because they werent content with what they had and their own personal corruption, they had to spread it further into the nation.

    If you followed the old ways, there are no problems. You follow religious rules set forth, we have no problems. Like I said, AIDS would not exist, STD's would not, violence, hate, etc would all dissipate. But Nope! We have to deal with it because its WHAT people want.

    Every one asks if God is real, why do we suffer? BECAUSE YOU DESIRE TO SUFFER, so shut up, and understand your getting everything you are asking for. You protect criminals, your murder is justified when one kills you (lawyers). You believe in premarital sex, well your herpes or AID's is justified. Why did it happen? You wanted it. Simple.

    Then those of us who dont want it, have to also suffer because of the people who do! So who is wrong? Who is the monsters? Liberals are easily the most narrow sighted selfish fools creation has ever spawned. They would strip the rights away from a billion people to give new rights to a thousand. Ignorance, and one of the biggest downfalls of our species.

    Whine bicker of complain, but humanity would advance much faster if it didnt have to waste precious resources on homosexuality or STDs or abortion and the fights, arguments, and division those things bring.
    So damn true man.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by rippedforce63 View Post
    Personally I'm a lapsed catholic, I became very disenfranchised with the church a long time ago. But I still have a strong belief in God, I just thinks it takes away from man's own humanity and sense of self if the only reason a person acts just and right is because there is a reward at the end. I was always taught to treat people with kindness and helpfulness not based on a book but because its the right thing to do. Just out of curiousity which nation did god back before america came into being?


    Israel is God's chosen nation.

  7. haha

  8. Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    [/B]

    Israel is God's chosen nation.
    lol, Was*

    They blew it when Jesus came, hence what they have fallen into.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Zero V View Post
    lol, Was*

    They blew it when Jesus came, hence what they have fallen into.
    Actually that is what had to happen.If Christ had not died we would not have salvation.If you want to blame a group of people,what about the romans they were the ones who actually crucified Him.What i am saying is blame no whole group of people.Jesus said he was first sent to the Jews first then to the gentiles.He knew what was coming and allowed it to happen,because it was the only way we could ever be united with God.

  10. Anyone else think this country peaked in the 50s and has gone progressively downhill since?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Anyone else think this country peaked in the 50s and has gone progressively downhill since?
    Every country has its Golden Age, We didn't miss it. We were just premature, mankind in and of itself has alot of potential to do good for this planet, and possibly others. It will never happen until we start thinking more global, and less country.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Anyone else think this country peaked in the 50s and has gone progressively downhill since?
    Once the Bible started getting trashed(the 50s) it has gone downhill.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by 416 View Post
    Actually that is what had to happen.If Christ had not died we would not have salvation.If you want to blame a group of people,what about the romans they were the ones who actually crucified Him.What i am saying is blame no whole group of people.Jesus said he was first sent to the Jews first then to the gentiles.He knew what was coming and allowed it to happen,because it was the only way we could ever be united with God.
    And if you read the rest of the story (the end of the Bible), Israel is still the chosen nation. God will have his say and raise his nation back up. We do not want to be on the wrong side when everything starts to happen and God begins to restore his people.

    If you haven't read revelation, or find it hard to make sense of it, there is a fantastic series out called Left Behind. It's written by Dr. Tim LaHaye. It is a fiction story that illustrates what is going to happen as layed out in Revelation. There is a movie series that makes it visual and really makes you think about what is going to happen in the world when God says it is time. It is really eye opening just visually seeing how things are going to happen.

    Rippedforce, I don't blame you one bit for being disenfranchised with the catholic church, or any church for that matter. What you have to remember is that it isn't about one set of "church" beliefs, rules, philosophies. It's about what God has to say. Everything that happened in the new testament was predicted in the old. Everything that happened to Jesus was predicted before Jesus was ever born. So it's important to remember, that everything that is layed out in revelation is going to happen, it's just a matter of when. Some believe that the time is getting near. Joel Rosenberg has done some great research that ties things that have been happening in the world, middle east in particular, to the events that are layed out in revelation.

    So no matter what church affiliation you might have, or don't have, the future is still layed out. I don't put much credibility in any church or denomination that makes their own "rules". Denominations were generally started when someone became disenfranchised and decided I will just start my own church.

    Were there groups and civilizations that were worse off than we are now? Absolutely. How did God deal with them once they got completely out of hand? Sodom and Gommorah ring a bell?

    We are definitely heading to hell in a handbasket, moreso than any other time in American history. Just make sure you know where you are going to spend eternity, because you never know when it will too late to make the most important decision in your life.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by TexasTitan View Post
    Anyone else think this country peaked in the 50s and has gone progressively downhill since?
    I agree with you. After the big sixties movement it seemed like more and more people started to loose their sense of morality.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    And if you read the rest of the story (the end of the Bible), Israel is still the chosen nation. God will have his say and raise his nation back up. We do not want to be on the wrong side when everything starts to happen and God begins to restore his people.

    If you haven't read revelation, or find it hard to make sense of it, there is a fantastic series out called Left Behind. It's written by Dr. Tim LaHaye. It is a fiction story that illustrates what is going to happen as layed out in Revelation. There is a movie series that makes it visual and really makes you think about what is going to happen in the world when God says it is time. It is really eye opening just visually seeing how things are going to happen.

    Rippedforce, I don't blame you one bit for being disenfranchised with the catholic church, or any church for that matter. What you have to remember is that it isn't about one set of "church" beliefs, rules, philosophies. It's about what God has to say. Everything that happened in the new testament was predicted in the old. Everything that happened to Jesus was predicted before Jesus was ever born. So it's important to remember, that everything that is layed out in revelation is going to happen, it's just a matter of when. Some believe that the time is getting near. Joel Rosenberg has done some great research that ties things that have been happening in the world, middle east in particular, to the events that are layed out in revelation.

    So no matter what church affiliation you might have, or don't have, the future is still layed out. I don't put much credibility in any church or denomination that makes their own "rules". Denominations were generally started when someone became disenfranchised and decided I will just start my own church.

    Were there groups and civilizations that were worse off than we are now? Absolutely. How did God deal with them once they got completely out of hand? Sodom and Gommorah ring a bell?

    We are definitely heading to hell in a handbasket, moreso than any other time in American history. Just make sure you know where you are going to spend eternity, because you never know when it will too late to make the most important decision in your life.
    Amen brother. The only thing that i might not agree with you is when you said that the Left Behind series depicts how its actually going to happen, and it could very well happen that way. But there are many other theories on how everything is going to happen. Some believe in the Rapture, some believe that we are going to have live on this earth during the times of tribulation, and others believe that the entire book of Revelation was written for Israel during the times of Romes rule over the children of God and that we dont know at all when judgment will happen; it will just happen in the blink of an eye "like a thief in the night". I personally dont even think one to be more likely than the other just as long as I will be with Jesus when I die. So no one can really be sure. But i agree with everything else you said in your post.

  16. I didn't mean the left behind series was word for word accurate, I just meant the story depicts the main points that are layed out. Character stories and specifics are fictional, but the premise reflects what's written. I haven't read the books, just seen the movies.

    If the believers are taken in rapture, and the unbelievers have to endure the tribulation, then yes, both theories are correct.

    Your personal decision is the most important. It's not about joining a church or religion, it's about what God can do in your life and how you can be a blessing to others. Jesus is the one that can change people's hearts, break addictions, and radically change your life.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by youngandfree View Post
    I didn't mean the left behind series was word for word accurate, I just meant the story depicts the main points that are layed out. Character stories and specifics are fictional, but the premise reflects what's written. I haven't read the books, just seen the movies.

    If the believers are taken in rapture, and the unbelievers have to endure the tribulation, then yes, both theories are correct.

    Your personal decision is the most important. It's not about joining a church or religion, it's about what God can do in your life and how you can be a blessing to others. Jesus is the one that can change people's hearts, break addictions, and radically change your life.
    But even the premises could not be one hundred percent true. It is also possible that there will not be any signs of when Christ comes for his people; it will be in the blink of an eye when it is least expected; and its also possible that revelation was mainly written for the early Christains that were being prosecuted and killed, and is not talking about the end of the world. There are so many theories with so many different premises. All im trying to say is that even the premises of which the Left Behind series layed out could be completely wrong... But it doesnt matter who is right or wrong about the end times. All that matters is if we have accepted Jesus.

  18. If the country was so moral back in the "good ole days". I guess the lynching and deaths of tens of thousands of blacks in america would be considered a faux pas or internment camps set up to house thousands of japanese americans during world war 2. Or women being considered second class citizens until the dawn of the twentieth century. History should not be looked at thru rose colored glasses.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by rippedforce63 View Post
    If the country was so moral back in the "good ole days". I guess the lynching and deaths of tens of thousands of blacks in america would be considered a faux pas or internment camps set up to house thousands of japanese americans during world war 2. Or women being considered second class citizens until the dawn of the twentieth century. History should not be looked at thru rose colored glasses.
    No but the lynching of thieves/rapists/murderers still sounds damn nice. As for the japanese during WWII, sorry, War is War, and the japanese were a horrid and notorious enemy. No precautions are too harsh, the sacrifice of the few, for the greater good of the many IMO. Though the camps could have been ran much better IMO as well.

    As for women being second class. I personally do not believe women should be allowed to be soldiers/cops. Other than that, everything else I hope they get into and succeed. Doctors, business owners, etc, etc... I watch too many shows with female officers getting easily overpowered even with their mace and tazers. Its not a job they are built for.

    Same thing with soldiers. I honor them equally now that they are in, but I am also happy they are not allowed to be infantry or SF atm. At least last time I checked. Not because I believe they CANT, but its just programmed in guys to "Protect the Women" its the way we are, how we are supposed to care. This creates all kind of screw ups in war, such as cases in Iraq and such. If a women is in trouble, orders and such become second priority because nature kicks in.

    Not that they arent crack shots(some of the best shots in the world are from great female shooters on the ranges), or some of them are not amazing at combat(though most are not) the ratios are alot different. a 180 lb man vs a 200 lb enemy is hard enough, but a 140 lb girl vs a 200 lb enemy is...well...over before it begins in close combat. Most military girls are NOT built limber enough to count martial arts as a benefit. I know, been there, seen em. Its just lucky we areny in a war that is massive enough to cause casualties into the 100,000's like WWII. Sorry this is likely just the part of me that says we are supposed to protect them, at all costs. This is not their job to die. ITs a mans duty. SO if a man dies, its not no where near as sad. We have burried fathers and sons since the dawn of man in war. But not mothers daughters. Its just not right to have to do that.

    History should be learned from. Honestly today though, every equal rights leader is Crapping in their graves. Martin Luther King would have a heart attack if he was not dead, and womens rights leaders would see that the freedoms they instilled also brought about strip clubs and the such and the modern slut and would likely set about beating the crap out of those women themselves.

    Human nature is this: Once we get a foot, we want a mile. And once we taste freedom, we want more than just that.

    I wish women could have had their rights without becoming what they have, men could have given more to others without becoming needy on substance/fun, and race could truly be erased and we all be one=mankind.

    Cant happen, and its too late to do anything about it. The world is built in a suicide frenzy guaranteed to finish us off eventually. We can no longer fix criminals, race cant be erased because everyone thinks they are owed something by someone else be them white/black/tan/whatever. Death is so overly feared is BS.

    Honestly, you want to fix some of the problems, kill off 60% of the earths population. No more energy crisis, or starvation, wipe out the ones with diseases and STD's or who would be rabble rousers. And the world would improve a thousand fold. Do away with excess technology. Things would run smoother. But that really is not an option. I dont want 4 billion deaths on my hand, so I guess we will just let destiny unfold.

    People complain of death of the past, when it is death of the future they should focus on.

    See death is always viewed as "The Problem" when all the time it has been the answer. Because the only way you get out of this hell hole, is to die.

    I am in no way racist/sexist or anything if any of that accidentally came off that way. I support universal equality, but certain things, even Biblicaly speaking, should be accepted. Really all that applies to modesty and the soldier/cop thing.

    ITs all I want I want I want. Such as what atheists and other religions have done to America. Raped it and left it a soulless empty nation.

    Politics can take a .45 and blow its brains out. Freedom of religion yes, but I believe in a national religion. If you dont like the pledge of allegiance, then cover your ears instead of your heart.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Persian1012 View Post
    You are entitled to your own opinion... When did i ever say that there were not gays around in the old days? Of coarse there were, but just because they were always around doesn't mean its morally right to be gay. I believe in the bible as being the true word of god, you probably don't and you can make your own choices. But this country was founded on Christian principles. Its only logical to assume that the reason you say that this country is the greatest country on earth to live in is because of the quality of life this country offers you... That being said, did you know that the Declaration of Independence, and our bill of rights all gain their moral principles from the bible? Like it or not, the fore fathers that laid down the base foundation for this nation were Christian. The American way of life that you and I love so much is undoubtedly derived from Christianity; or atleast it was. I can guarantee now that Obama is changing the American way of life, you will start to change your mind about America being the best country in the world to live in.
    \\the idea that the founding fathers put forth christian principles is laughable. They were deists, which in case you were unaware is a huge difference. In fact, guys like Franklin and Jefferson (I use them due to their role with the Declaration) did all they could to keep religion out of the foundation of the country.
    Mr. Supps Board Rep

  21. Quote Originally Posted by roids1 View Post
    There's some sad truth in that rant. We'd better start learning how to speak mandarin for when the Chinese call our debt.
    When have we ever paid debt back? Do you think we're going to start now? Obama is a screw up, but I don't think this speech is coming down the pipe any time soon:

    "My fellow Americans,

    "I'm here to speak to you today and let you know, all that stuff I promised, well it's got to go. No free health care, no jobs, nada. What's more, we're going to raise taxes on everyone, especially working class people. We're also cutting entitlements, especially social security, medicare, medicaid. I know all this comes as a shock to you, but we must do it, we must tighten our belts.

    "Because you see, the Chinese need their money, and we Americans are good for our debts people. We borrowed a ****load of money and used it to fund the biggest spending bender this side of reality, and now it's time to pay the piper, who in this case speaks Mandarin..."

    Bull****. We'll call the Chinese predatory lenders, demand they 'modify' our debt our we'll find some way to repudiate it, and there will be likely some severe military tensions if not out and out war which will probably revolve around Korea. And everyone in the US, being dumb ****s and thinking war is a way to prosperity, will be all for it.

    The only ray of hope right now are two bills sitting in the house and senate, that prompt an audit of The Fed. If people see the real thief behind the curtain they may go another way, but I doubt it. Even if it passes the rhetoric surrounding The Fed's actions will be keynesian and/or monetarist in nature, few if anyone will likely demand they stop the printing presses.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by lozgod View Post
    God forbid you don't agree with the new norm like men should be able to marry each other and are entitled to each others blue cross blue shield. You are a bigot if you don't share the belief that is acceptable. Get the **** out of here you ****ing freaks. We need the draft back bad. Send some of these freaks over to the middle east as gun fodder.
    Bigot? Perhaps. However there is this little thing called equality before the law, a standard Americans generally try to uphold however imperfectly, and it has yet to be argued convincingly that allowing gay men or women to contract with each other for purposes of inherritence and hospital visits and what not, to basically get the same special rights straight couples get, poses any threat to anyone or anything.

    Is there a loss of standards in the world? Perhaps. Problem is, every generation has said that about the upcoming generation since the begining of time. The world has been going to hell because of the kids for the last few millenia it seems. To me this argument is nothing more than defering blame to the essentially powerless. It is the working public of voting age that controls everything, sets standards, etc. The kids' failures are really their failures.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Persian1012 View Post
    You are entitled to your own opinion... When did i ever say that there were not gays around in the old days? Of coarse there were, but just because they were always around doesn't mean its morally right to be gay. I believe in the bible as being the true word of god, you probably don't and you can make your own choices. But this country was founded on Christian principles.
    Two of which are personal resonsibility and self determination. Two things easily lost when people confuse what may or may not be moral with what should and should not be legal. This country was also founded with the knowledge of what happens when you mix church and state, and that is a corruption of both. The state is put to purposes it is not properly suited to, the church is corrupted with power and mass opinion, and its message diluted.

    If you want your religion to be as strong as possible you need to stop complaining about the actions of others, stop implying and/or demanding the state force them to conform, and set your own example and standard of success by abiding by the principles you hold hear. Grant to the state the power to force conformity, you run the risk of people getting into power who disagree with you, and they will then begin to decimate the beliefs and standards you hold dear by forcing nonconformity with them and taking from you the power to set and keep your own standards.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Persian1012 View Post
    The last 30 years?.. Before the last 30 years this country was based on good morals. Granted there were still people doing bad immoral things, but the majority of the people upheld morality as a very important issue, the issue of morality is what founded this country. All the early presidents of this nation and up to about 30 years ago were elected mainly due to their sense of good morals. Before 30 years ago moral issues never had to be pushed on the American people because the majority were already living good moral based lives.
    Do you actually have some proof of this, or is this just some "oh but for the lost golden age" bull****? People were more moral back then? Same people who gave us the income tax? The Alien and Sedition Act? The Fed? The welfare warfare state? Same people who made Indians kinda hard to find? Who used blacks for medical experiments or as tree ornaments, or fire hose aiming practice? The same people who treated women as chattle, who forbade them to own property and vote, and who said beating them was okay so long as the stick you used wasn't too thick, those people? Oh but for the golden age where people really weren't more moral or ethical than now, it was just easier to get away with bashing and killing those with whom you disagreed and as such they tended to hide and/or make themselves scarce. Oh but for the golden age where in the country based on 'freedom' significant portions of the population had to hide, lie, and fear physical abuse, imprisonment, and death to varying degrees based on their skin color, genetalia, and what they did with the latter. Oh but for the days when the niggers and the reds and the browns and the chinks knew their places and shut up or got the fire hose or the noose, when the ***s had to live in fear and when the women kept their cow asses in the kitchen and died regularly in child birth. What a time! ****, if we could only turn back the clock we might have the wonderous morality of seeing Barak Obama, **** up that he is, hanging from a tree in the rose garden. That would sure solve a lot of our problems, and then we could use fire hoses to wipe away his cabinet appointments. Oh for the days of greater morality that never really existed except on the back of the mistreatment of so many.

    Your more moral world comes with too many niggers in nooses, ***s lying dead in trenches, and women in graves, all of them robbed of their potential by your ****ed up piece of **** utopia. I'll take today's less moral world over that any day.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    \\the idea that the founding fathers put forth christian principles is laughable. They were deists, which in case you were unaware is a huge difference. In fact, guys like Franklin and Jefferson (I use them due to their role with the Declaration) did all they could to keep religion out of the foundation of the country.
    This is correct. Religion was considered tyranny by the founders of this country. That was one of the main reasons for breaking away from England. They believed no one should be persecuted for their beliefs.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Estradiol is way down.
    By pmgamer18 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 02:51 PM
  2. Another Bush in the White House?
    By Speischerkater in forum Politics
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 05-22-2006, 03:41 PM
  3. My gym is closing down!!!!
    By Salyers1121 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2006, 12:32 AM
  4. White House Turns Tables on Former POWs
    By INFOHAZARD in forum Politics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2005, 10:52 PM
Log in
Log in