Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if it came out of his own pocket no one can say a word

Jordinator

Awards
  • Established
I don't really think BO is the one making the calls on how he gets to where he's going.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
if it came out of his own pocket no one can say a word
But it didn't. If he wants to do this crap then so be it, but him and Michelle both need to shut up about this non-profit, serve humanity BS.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
and GWB and his 28 $400 million dollar marine one helicopters equipped with a full kitchen was the height of savings? 11.2 billion dollars in a tanking economy (approved in 2008) isn't entirely tactful either.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He also wasn't the poster child for reducing use and eveyone doing their part, either/

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
that is one hell of an expensive date if those figures are right, they're also in British pounds so lets round it of to $50k for the sake of this argument, a $50k date? he may have paid for the diner and drinks but the US tax payer is paying the rest of the bill! shame on you Ms. President! :nono2:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
and GWB and his 28 $400 million dollar marine one helicopters equipped with a full kitchen was the height of savings? 11.2 billion dollars in a tanking economy (approved in 2008) isn't entirely tactful either.
You're missing the point. It's not that he's spending the money, it's that he's spending the money yet telling us we are going to have to work together and sacrifice for the good of the country. Michele just gave that lame speech telling college graduates they should go right from school to a non-profit job to give back to their communities...To this couple, everyone but themselves need to work for the good of the human race.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Hahahah.

Obama, Change, hypocritic change, which means, were only gona get worse!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
You're missing the point. It's not that he's spending the money, it's that he's spending the money yet telling us we are going to have to work together and sacrifice for the good of the country. Michele just gave that lame speech telling college graduates they should go right from school to a non-profit job to give back to their communities...To this couple, everyone but themselves need to work for the good of the human race.
i understand the point, and its a good one - we all need to do our share. i'm showing that the presidents "share" while excessive, is still better than his predecessor. or like cheney pulling tens of millions out of haliburton, in what any other company exec would be brought up on SEC violations for doing.

i do agree though, that obama needs to practice what he preaches a bit better.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i understand the point, and its a good one - we all need to do our share. i'm showing that the presidents "share" while excessive, is still better than his predecessor. or like cheney pulling tens of millions out of haliburton, in what any other company exec would be brought up on SEC violations for doing.

Have you watched what the government has spent in the last 4 months?

Its makes Bush/Cheney look like poor folk. They've accomplished to spend what Bush/Cheney spent in 8 years. Seriously, they are gone....its done...look at the person stealing from you today, not 8 years ago.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He also wasn't the poster child for reducing use and eveyone doing their part, either/
Exactly. The is akin to a religious conservative who gets busted with a hooker. Practice what you preach.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Where are you getting this data? That's completely false. He's already spent more than Bush. How do you think he's tripled the debt?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
True story.

This week I called about refinancing my mortgage. According to the loan officer I didn't show enough hardship to qualify. I have a good income, great credit therefore I can't get a loan. If I didn't pay my bills, defaulted on my loans, the gov would back me.

He literally asked me "Can you show any hardship because then you can qualify. Right now you don't show any therefore you can't refinance"

That's what world we live in these days. The government will spend money on deadbeats, failing companies but screw over the guy who actually pays his bills and strives for good credit.

I'm the guy that stayed and paid his bills while my neighbor up and left the house. If anyone needs a house, let me know because there is an empty one next to me and the government will back you. Just claim squatters rights. 4/3 with a pool. All yours.

Change I can believe in.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Where are you getting this data? That's completely false. He's already spent more than Bush. How do you think he's tripled the debt?
obama tripled the debt for the same reason GWB allowed the iraq war to carry on till the end of his presidency - that way when we pull out and we have massive losses, GWB can point to someone else and say "see, i didn't do that bad compared to that guy". if GWB tried fixing the damage before he got out, i bet half of you wouldn't blame GWB at all. just my opinion though.
True story.

This week I called about refinancing my mortgage. According to the loan officer I didn't show enough hardship to qualify. I have a good income, great credit therefore I can't get a loan. If I didn't pay my bills, defaulted on my loans, the gov would back me.

He literally asked me "Can you show any hardship because then you can qualify. Right now you don't show any therefore you can't refinance"

That's what world we live in these days. The government will spend money on deadbeats, failing companies but screw over the guy who actually pays his bills and strives for good credit.

I'm the guy that stayed and paid his bills while my neighbor up and left the house. If anyone needs a house, let me know because there is an empty one next to me and the government will back you. Just claim squatters rights. 4/3 with a pool. All yours.

Change I can believe in.
that's truly a sign of pathetic times. sorry to hear that cosmo. i'm in a similar situation, where i'll have to loose almost all of what i have invested to keep my house, yet somehow people with no investments are getting loans i can't qualify for.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
obama tripled the debt for the same reason GWB allowed the iraq war to carry on till the end of his presidency
- that way when we pull out and we have massive losses, GWB can point to someone else and say "see, i didn't do that bad compared to that guy". if GWB tried fixing the damage before he got out, i bet half of you wouldn't blame GWB at all. just my opinion though.
I don't' think you quite understand. It took GW 8 years to double it. It took Obama 4 months to double THAT, and it had nothing to do with the Iraq war.

that's truly a sign of pathetic times. sorry to hear that cosmo. i'm in a similar situation, where i'll have to loose almost all of what i have invested to keep my house, yet somehow people with no investments are getting loans i can't qualify for.
The qualifications come straight from the government and its stimulus package....passed 3 months ago.

They are doing exactly what got us into this problem to begin with.....back those who can't pay their bills.

Luckily I don't HAVE to refi...my primary is 5.5% and I can and will pay my mortgage but I thought ths story was a sign of how just how opposite the system is these days. Bad credit and no income gets you money......ironic, don't ya think?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
I don't' think you quite understand. It took GW 8 years to double it. It took Obama 4 months to double THAT, and it had nothing to do with the Iraq war.
i understand that. i also think however that if GWB tackled the failing economy head on, you wouldn't be as harsh on him.

They are doing exactly what got us into this problem to begin with.....back those who can't pay their bills.
if the housing market completely collapsed (95% foreclosure rate), we wouldn't be any better. i think - no data to back that up though.

regardless, this is getting a sore subject that would take pages to fully explain. lets agree that the trickle up poverty (giving money to the poor) accomplishes nothing except raising the cost of basic goods, which leaves everyone in the same situation that they were in before, except only the rich have lost money.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i understand that. i also think however that if GWB tackled the failing economy head on, you wouldn't be as harsh on him.
Harsh on who? Neither of them can fix a problem that was created a decade ago.

if the housing market completely collapsed (95% foreclosure rate), we wouldn't be any better. i think - no data to back that up though.
It did collapse for the most part. What Obama has done in the last 4 months hasn't done anything (helped or hurt).

lets agree that the trickle up poverty (giving money to the poor) accomplishes nothing except raising the cost of basic goods, which leaves everyone in the same situation that they were in before, except only the rich have lost money.
.....which is why I do not like this current administration or Congress.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Harsh on who? Neither of them can fix a problem that was created a decade ago.
understandable. this was the brainchild of clinton, which worked until the repackaged loans were unsellable, which was inevitable at some point. i think there's a generalized trend though to blame obama for trying to fix this, while forgiving GWB his inability to stop this either.

NattyT

NattyT

Awards
  • Established
yeah but thats because of the shape of the economy that was screwed up already, its not his fault. Its crazy that most people are not talking about what got us here in the first place, only thing I see is people criticizing this man for doing what hes doing. He didnt create this problem I give him some credit for stepping up and taking this mess of a situation. And who cares how much his date cost with his wife. They were not the only people there and are not the only people spending big amounts of cash. He is the president and hes in a privliedged posistion to do those things. Hes earned it, people need to get over it and stop picking at everything this man does, Hes a man and has many flaws just like you, sounds like a lot of animosity to me. Do you or any one on here have the credentials to run this country better than him, I doubt it. Very judgemental if you ask me, if you want to help him then start to pray for him and ask god to lead him instead of picking him apart everyday, I mean evryday its a thread talking about this man and its just getting old. Of course it dosent realy matter what I say or anyone for that matter because hes still going to be the president and go on his dates and evrything else,

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
You're missing the point. It's not that he's spending the money, it's that he's spending the money yet telling us we are going to have to work together and sacrifice for the good of the country.
And? How is that any different than Gore telling everyone to sweat and drive pipsqueak electric cars while he powers a Bimmer out of any one of this x trillion square foot fully airconditioned homes? I mean, when you write these posts IC you come across as surprised. That politicians in general and leftes in particular are full of it is known fact. It's generally known and accepted at this point. It's always someone else who has to sacrifice when politicians say "we" need to sacrifice.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But it didn't. If he wants to do this crap then so be it, but him and Michelle both need to shut up about this non-profit, serve humanity BS.
just curious how you know that aspect?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
i think there's a generalized trend though to blame obama for trying to fix this, while forgiving GWB his inability to stop this either.
That's because GWB didn't try to stop it, and Obama's 'fix' is analogous to trying to cure an alcoholic whose just come in from a bender with an additional eight fingers of whiskey and easy credit at the nearest bar.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And? How is that any different than Gore telling everyone to sweat and drive pipsqueak electric cars while he powers a Bimmer out of any one of this x trillion square foot fully airconditioned homes? I mean, when you write these posts IC you come across as surprised. That politicians in general and leftes in particular are full of it is known fact. It's generally known and accepted at this point. It's always someone else who has to sacrifice when politicians say "we" need to sacrifice.
I didn't say it was any different...and no, I'm not surprised, just frustrated by each event like this that occurs.

just curious how you know that aspect?
I don't understand your question. Know the aspect to what?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah but thats because of the shape of the economy that was screwed up already, its not his fault. Its crazy that most people are not talking about what got us here in the first place, only thing I see is people criticizing this man for doing what hes doing. He didnt create this problem I give him some credit for stepping up and taking this mess of a situation. And who cares how much his date cost with his wife. They were not the only people there and are not the only people spending big amounts of cash. He is the president and hes in a privliedged posistion to do those things. Hes earned it, people need to get over it and stop picking at everything this man does, Hes a man and has many flaws just like you, sounds like a lot of animosity to me. Do you or any one on here have the credentials to run this country better than him, I doubt it. Very judgemental if you ask me, if you want to help him then start to pray for him and ask god to lead him instead of picking him apart everyday, I mean evryday its a thread talking about this man and its just getting old. Of course it dosent realy matter what I say or anyone for that matter because hes still going to be the president and go on his dates and evrything else,
He didn't earn crap. He hardly spent any time in the senate, and yes, I would gladly see plenty of board members on here run the country over Obama.

Of course I'm going to criticize what he does. He's the President and he works for me. This country is ran by We the People.

But no, you don't understand that. You just sit back and be the obedient citizen that you're told to be.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How you know they didnt pay out of their pocket? Just curious
Are you speaking of the drinks and broadway show or the multiple planes and helicopters, or both?

...did you happen to catch that they were an hour late so they held up the show for an hour? - That's just a little extra information. I know it's not relevant.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He didn't earn crap. He hardly spent any time in the senate, and yes, I would gladly see plenty of board members on here run the country over Obama.

Of course I'm going to criticize what he does. He's the President and he works for me. This country is ran by We the People.

But no, you don't understand that. You just sit back and be the obedient citizen that you're told to be.
Just curious IC, were you this vehement about GWB?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you speaking of the drinks and broadway show or the multiple planes and helicopters, or both?

...did you happen to catch that they were an hour late so they held up the show for an hour? - That's just a little extra information. I know it's not relevant.
The planes and helicopters? you do realize that he cannot go anywhere without "proper security" Not that the people should be charged, but curious the origination of the funds for the planes and helicopters

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, but I really didn't start to become too involved with politics until 2007 or so.
I kinda figured that.

In all honesty I am not happy about this "date night" especially if this was paid for by the taxpayers. However, we must be serious when we look at the previous 8 years, and now how this has started. Of which, little has been positive

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I kinda figured that.

In all honesty I am not happy about this "date night" especially if this was paid for by the taxpayers. However, we must be serious when we look at the previous 8 years, and now how this has started. Of which, little has been positive
It didn't start 8 years ago....it isn't anything new but the timing and hypocrisy is above the norm compared to past administrations given the current economic conditions and rhetoric that comes out of this White House.

Its on par with Gore preaching about global warming while having a carbon footprint 20x that of everyone else.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It didn't start 8 years ago....it isn't anything new but the timing and hypocrisy is above the norm compared to past administrations given the current economic conditions and rhetoric that comes out of this White House.

Its on par with Gore preaching about global warming while having a carbon footprint 20x that of everyone else.
I dont disagree, however the last 8+ years have been downright dreadful, and some of the lowest in history

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In your opinion.

I don't agree. I did quite well in the last 8 years.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it is certainly subjective

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And its also something you can't really judge in terms of 4 years increments. The ebb and flow of how people live and their successes and failures has little to do with who is President.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont disagree, thats why threads like this are a tad foolish IMO. Also, I dont think it is fair to judge a POTUS until at least 10-15 years after they leave office.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I kinda figured that.

Bro, I'm only 22. I don't know how you can hold it against me for just getting into politics two years ago. Most people don't get involved whatsoever. Let alone just after their teens.

I've never preached that GWB was a great president. He protected this country, and that's about all I would say he did well; however, I would also say that was his main job during his entire 8 years. So in that effect, I would say he was a great president...err, he helped out Africa and India, so that was good.

I'm not saying I know everything, sorry if I come across that way. But as Kramer said, this is just beyond the hypocrisy of most administrations.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bro, I'm only 22. I don't know how you can hold it against me for just getting into politics two years ago. Most people don't get involved whatsoever. Let alone just after their teens.

I've never preached that GWB was a great president. He protected this country, and that's about all I would say he did well; however, I would also say that was his main job during his entire 8 years. So in that effect, I would say he was a great president...err, he helped out Africa and India, so that was good.

I'm not saying I know everything, sorry if I come across that way. But as Kramer said, this is just beyond the hypocrisy of most administrations.
IC, please dont think I was getting on you, I was not and apologize if it came off that way.

I just notice a specific trend here where many who are conservative are all of a sudden judging a president after 140+ days (give or take) and were awfully quiet during a bad-mediocre 8 years. Granted GWB did keep us safe after 9/11 (this was his term though), so by that logic BO has done a great job as well, since we are safe.

Just looking for a little objectivity here is all :)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
IC, please dont think I was getting on you, I was not and apologize if it came off that way.

I just notice a specific trend here where many who are conservative are all of a sudden judging a president after 140+ days (give or take) and were awfully quiet during a bad-mediocre 8 years. Granted GWB did keep us safe after 9/11 (this was his term though), so by that logic BO has done a great job as well, since we are safe.

Just looking for a little objectivity here is all :)
It's hard to determine if we're safe or not. I definitely see a decline in our national security. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I just don't like how he's cutting the funding for all these missile defense programs and national security to fund his social programs. That's kind of dangerous.

I know what you're saying about conservatives not raising stink on Bush, but again, I think the main job of his was national security, which he did very well, and that kind of kept us quiet. But ya, he wasn't amazing and I would definitely say he was the most liberal republican ever in office.

I honestly don't know where all this economic crap came from, but I blame Barney Frank.

NattyT

NattyT

Awards
  • Established

Only thing that im obedient to is GOD, I dont follow men and his ideas because at the end of the day he dosent have the answers I am looking for. You and every other person can continue to sweat this man for what he does but you dont have any power or authority to make him do anything, your the one that thats being controled by a world sytem that has failed you, that is why your so upset. I knew this day would come just like my brothers and sisters in the lord did. You keep harping about this man that did earn his right to run this country, How can yoou say that he hasnt and you havent acheived half the things he has. GW got in off of what his dad had done, so how can you say such a thing about Obama, but you probaly think because im black thaty I am gonna support him any way it goes. Your wrong, I dont care what color he is, im about doing what is right. The thing you and every one has to realize is that the farther we get away from god in this country the more devestation we will suffer, the blood is on our own hands. Im not going to get all spiritual with this, we already know how the curch and seperation of state thing works, how ironic. However let me say this, (1Corinthians 1-27) But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; and the base things of the world and the things that are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, that no flesh should Glory in his presence. (corinthians 2-14) But the natural man does not receive the things of the spirit of God, For they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritualy discerned. But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himslf is rightly judged by no one. We all have to be obiedient to somthing or someone , I know who I serve and it aint Obama or no man or myself for that matter, I know who I am obidient to, who is controlling you is the question you should ponder, you have already exspressed that you do not like who is in conrol of the sytem you belive and so desperatly have HOPE in. YES WE CAN.:usa1:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Natty, this is not about god, please discuss the topic being addressed

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Only thing that im obedient to is GOD, I dont follow men and his ideas because at the end of the day he dosent have the answers I am looking for. You and every other person can continue to sweat this man for what he does but you dont have any power or authority to make him do anything, your the one that thats being controled by a world sytem that has failed you, that is why your so upset. I knew this day would come just like my brothers and sisters in the lord did. You keep harping about this man that did earn his right to run this country, How can yoou say that he hasnt and you havent acheived half the things he has. GW got in off of what his dad had done, so how can you say such a thing about Obama, but you probaly think because im black thaty I am gonna support him any way it goes. Your wrong, I dont care what color he is, im about doing what is right. The thing you and every one has to realize is that the farther we get away from god in this country the more devestation we will suffer, the blood is on our own hands. Im not going to get all spiritual with this, we already know how the curch and seperation of state thing works, how ironic. However let me say this, (1Corinthians 1-27) But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; and the base things of the world and the things that are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, that no flesh should Glory in his presence. (corinthians 2-14) But the natural man does not receive the things of the spirit of God, For they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritualy discerned. But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himslf is rightly judged by no one. We all have to be obiedient to somthing or someone , I know who I serve and it aint Obama or no man or myself for that matter, I know who I am obidient to, who is controlling you is the question you should ponder, you have already exspressed that you do not like who is in conrol of the sytem you belive and so desperatly have HOPE in. YES WE CAN.:usa1:
You've come to so many poor Biblical conclusions in your post. You act as though there is nothing for me to be upset about, yet you preach of the end days which Obama's administration and the other world leaders are quickly bringing about.

You act as though my anger is unjust, when in fact it is righteous in nature.

If you knew anything about me you wouldn't be addressing me in this manner.

You say you're about doing what's right, yet you speak no frustration or anger for Obama's beliefs and policies which are in no way aligned with scripture.

That scripture you posted answers your own questions about me and what I'm saying. Obviously you don't know how to read in depth enough to understand them.

Obama himself said back in 2004 that he wasn't fit for the job of president. I'm just agreeing with him.

You tell me you're only obedient to God, yet you're telling me to shut my mouth and let Obama and his administration do what they will and not criticize. That sounds pretty freaking obedient to me.